Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,260 members, 7,829,518 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:23 AM

Jonathan Reminds Nigerians Of "Freedom Enjoyed" Under His Watch Via Facebook - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Reminds Nigerians Of "Freedom Enjoyed" Under His Watch Via Facebook (39336 Views)

Kidnapped Students: Aisha Yesufu Reminds El-Rufai Of Chibok Girls Tweet At GEJ / Sale Mamman: Cabal In Power Ministry Denying Nigerians Of Electricity / A Review Of "Freedom" Enjoyed Under Goodluck Jonathan. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Reminds Nigerians Of "Freedom Enjoyed" Under His Watch Via Facebook by stabilizer: 9:08am On Aug 25, 2017
holysainbj:

You made the most sense
The west have always stood on the fence, from time immemorial, same reason they are always referred to as saboteurs, pawns in the game called Nigeria

God knows I'm sitting on the fence while reading this... What a western coincidence grin grin

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Reminds Nigerians Of "Freedom Enjoyed" Under His Watch Via Facebook by Mcowubaba: 9:09am On Aug 25, 2017
obailala:
Bro, there is a clear difference between using abusive words and making hate speeches. To start with, abusive words aren't criminalised anywhere in the world, but hate speeches are.

1. Mr A is a kunu sipping idiotic dullardic bastard
2. Mr A is just a stinking pig, if he crosses my domain, I will strangle him to death.

Number 1 above is just an abusive statement. Yes it will hurt, but no law (except maybe religious doctrines) will punish or caution you for that. But when you cross into Number 2, you have simply crossed the line of the law.

Baba, let's not mix things up,
Firstly we are talking about hate speeches in reference to Nigerian constitution

Secondly, we are talking about hateful words, not threats, or violent declarations

Your 2nd example is a threat nd not just a hate speech

There is a difference between a hate speech and a threat
Threat is criminal, while hate speech is NOT always criminal INDICATING.

I can say "I strongly hate all indigènes of Edo state, the are useless people who don't deserve anything good in life"
This is a Hate speech in all standards, though some Edo people may not regard it as such, this is what I explained to Mynd44, in reference to subjective and objectiveness of statements.
The above statement is Not criminally indicting according to Nigeria constitution..

Now if I say "I will kill all indigènes of Edo state, once I get the opportunity"

Oga this is a threat not just a hate speech, and I should be arrested and questioned immediately by Security agencies.
According to Nigeria constitution..

Even though, some indigènes of Edo state may still regard this statement as a joke or just a troll.

All I'm saying is that there is no difference between abusive/insultive words and hate speeches

But there is a difference between a hate speech and a Threat
And most especially, human beings react differently to statements, as I have earlier explained.

Once you add an atom of violent/brutal words in your statements, it's no more just a hate speech or abusive statement, it's now a THREAT, know the difference.

Timaya is a bastard and I hate him so much, is different from I will go to Bayelsa and burn Timaya's house grin, because I hate him so much....
And as I said about statement generally being objective and subjective, Timaya himself may regard this 2 statements as a JOKE!!
Re: Jonathan Reminds Nigerians Of "Freedom Enjoyed" Under His Watch Via Facebook by Blonchilli(m): 9:11am On Aug 25, 2017
buffalowings:

Except Boko Haram hasn't been defeated.
I will say there is a pattern to their attacks
See how they stepped it up when osinbajo was AP
Meanwhile there was a drastic reduction when Buhari was hail and hearty

I think the political machinery in the north are somehow responsible for this scourge
If someone who is not their own is in power, all hell is broken loose.
You're correct. Good thing you didn't call me zombie sha, Lol. The thing is all these things are political. A southerner was in power Boko Haram rose, a northerner is in power the east rose. Let's look at history, there has never been any insurgency that the government or opposition didn't create for its selfish need or to fill their pockets. Al Qaeda was created by Bush to fight the Russians in Iraq, 30 years later it's a torn in America's flesh. However we can't deny the fact that GEJ did little or nothing to tackle this problem. Yes in politics you consider your interest, but one elected to lead a nation has to act as one. And unfortunately we're lacking that in our past and present leaders

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Reminds Nigerians Of "Freedom Enjoyed" Under His Watch Via Facebook by bosco2017: 9:11am On Aug 25, 2017
tigeress2011:
Afonjas just hate this guy only because he surrounded himself with Igbos...SMH.

My brother you said it all . That was Jona sin . But we are all suffering now under daff pmb
Re: Jonathan Reminds Nigerians Of "Freedom Enjoyed" Under His Watch Via Facebook by Leez(m): 9:11am On Aug 25, 2017
stabilizer:

God knows I'm sitting on the fence while reading this... What a western coincidence grin grin
are u calling dem cowards grin grin
Re: Jonathan Reminds Nigerians Of "Freedom Enjoyed" Under His Watch Via Facebook by OBAGADAFFI: 9:12am On Aug 25, 2017
obailala:
Bro, there is a clear difference between using abusive words and making hate speeches. To start with, abusive words aren't criminalised anywhere in the world, but hate speeches are.

2. Mr A is just a stinking pig, if he crosses my domain, I will strangle him to death.

Number 1 above is just an abusive statement. Yes it will hurt, but no law (except maybe religious doctrines) will punish or caution you for that. But when you cross into Number 2, you have simply crossed the line of the law.

What exactly makes him unworthy of being a moderator?... His simple explanation of hate speech?

Abusive words are Criminal.

There are three offences that someone who uses "threatening, abusive or insulting" language in a public place may been deemed to have committed.
Re: Jonathan Reminds Nigerians Of "Freedom Enjoyed" Under His Watch Via Facebook by Ugosample(m): 9:13am On Aug 25, 2017
tigeress2011:

This could be true, and may be they are also happy with the status quo because some of them see it as revenge

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Reminds Nigerians Of "Freedom Enjoyed" Under His Watch Via Facebook by Nwodosis(m): 9:13am On Aug 25, 2017
mpowa:

You know the difference between just speaking hate against the president and speaking things that will disintegrate the country? The kind of insults Buhari has taken before and since he became president is not different from that of Jonathan, it can even be more... But hates that leads to war and disintegrates the nation to anarchy must be checked. You can call Buhari any name, but when you treathen the sovereignty of the nation like calling Nigeria a zoo or insite violence against Nigerians or any tribe, you deserve to be locked up for life and the key thrown away.
Guy kpadoya there, are you telling that you will take it as a compliment when a South African tells you that rats chased your president out of office?
Re: Jonathan Reminds Nigerians Of "Freedom Enjoyed" Under His Watch Via Facebook by EstherTemi2017(f): 9:13am On Aug 25, 2017
adebayo3449:

Source

http://punchng.com/in-facebook-post-jonathan-reminds-nigerians-of-freedom-enjoyed-under-his-watch/#

abusing a president is different from inciting statement which is a threat to our existence as a nation.
Re: Jonathan Reminds Nigerians Of "Freedom Enjoyed" Under His Watch Via Facebook by sukkot: 9:14am On Aug 25, 2017
erico2k2:

IM NOT IGBO
Does that not make you feel a wee bit silly now,,once a person does not support your ideology you result to tribal bigotry,population do not amount to prosperity ie India
Just cos people travel to your town and cities for one Biz or the other does not amount to development ie China.
The igbos I suppose are Business People and that involve moving of people,goods and service from A to B,even as destroyed as Iraq looks, there are people still doing Biz there.
Still your argument has brought nothing to the table rather that of a Ranting KID, when will the likes of you in the west realize there are more than hausa and Igbo and Yoruba in Nigeria do we need to mine yah skull to implant that knowledge or you are just politely DUMB~?
bros, people travel to richer places to do business. how many people in nigeria do you see travelling to nnewi or abakaliki to conduct business ? the sophistication and wisdom of afonja has created an environment conducive for world class business interactions. afonja people are gods in nigeria. now bow down to your masters boy. next time you see an afonja man i expect you to bow down and kiss his feet and tell him, oh ye master afonja i thank your tribe for making nigeria a great place to be
Re: Jonathan Reminds Nigerians Of "Freedom Enjoyed" Under His Watch Via Facebook by Nobody: 9:14am On Aug 25, 2017
nero2face:
its easier for a camel to walk trough de eye of a niddle than for a Buhari supporter to accept that His master is a failure, if really GEJ was bad as u all claim and still we fared very much better during his time, then please let ur master take us back to that very situation he took us from... Blind fanatics

when yu ar working n earning .... yu spend almost all ur salary every month no saving or whatsoever ... surprisingly yu seem rich to family & friends ....
when yu start saving same family & friends wil b lik is he broke or demoted .. illustration tho
GEJ splash out our economy and that will make sense to lame brain on the street ,,doom was inevictable ..2yrs in & out of recession is a plus to the dullard govt of the day on int'l rating ..ask obama
no doubt this administration is saving but the only problem is implementing & actualisation of capital projects..
Re: Jonathan Reminds Nigerians Of "Freedom Enjoyed" Under His Watch Via Facebook by Abfinest007(m): 9:15am On Aug 25, 2017
captleonerd:
people like you are the real reason Nigeria is backward. Jonathan was bad we voted a buhari and as a reasonable Nigerian I know buhari is clueless too. We want someone else in 2019. That's the summary of my post. Get some education
me n u who needs education.u voted for buhari why are you crying that u want another blind nigga like buhari .u vote for buhari not bcus he can perform better but out of sentiment let me tell you there is a big different bwt baba n gej

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Reminds Nigerians Of "Freedom Enjoyed" Under His Watch Via Facebook by Leez(m): 9:16am On Aug 25, 2017
Blonchilli:

You're correct. Good thing you didn't call me zombie sha, Lol. The thing is all these things are political. A southerner was in power Boko Haram rose, a northerner is in power the east rose. Let's look at history, there has never been any insurgency that the government or opposition didn't create for its selfish need or to fill their pockets. Al Qaeda was created by Bush to fight the Russians in Iraq, 30 years later it's a torn in America's flesh. However we can't deny the fact that GEJ did little or nothing to tackle this problem. Yes in politics you consider your interest, but one elected to lead a nation has to act as one. And unfortunately we're lacking that in our past and present leaders
yes GEJ should have been fighting with soldiers in sambisa or better yet he should have cried until d west revoked d arms blockade caused by apc
hpe u knw abacha n ibb stole n wrecked ds country to pieces
and no ds isnt about who stole more no wat i dont get is ds jonathan hate
Re: Jonathan Reminds Nigerians Of "Freedom Enjoyed" Under His Watch Via Facebook by tunlade02: 9:17am On Aug 25, 2017
There was absolute freedom during Jonathan's rule, including freedom of looting.
Re: Jonathan Reminds Nigerians Of "Freedom Enjoyed" Under His Watch Via Facebook by bilazego(m): 9:18am On Aug 25, 2017
obailala:

What exactly makes him unworthy of being a moderator?... His simple explanation of hate speech?

To you hate speech is only there's threat of life. okay classify this statement "I hate you"
Re: Jonathan Reminds Nigerians Of "Freedom Enjoyed" Under His Watch Via Facebook by RoyalUc(m): 9:18am On Aug 25, 2017
"I am the most abused and insulted President in the world but when I leave office, you will all remember me for the total ‘freedom’ you enjoyed under me.”

I must commend your disposition to peace and unreservedly, I applaud your efforts here.
However, 'total freedom' is and can never be good for any people, especially a people like Nigerians - at least for now. No decent society allows that.
Just consider what Ngweeh Anthony Klassik, said, “You are blessed GEJ...During your time, we had every right to post and comment with all manner of recklessness." Is it right to post and comment about your President and Nation (or anyone else) with all manner of recklessness?
"Today, we are being monitored on the social media with a death sentence hanging on us.” Almost all developed and organized countries do that.

My argument is;
- it was not right to have allowed the so called 'total freedom.' If previous administrations had done something to address that, we won't be grappling with the present tense insecurity threats in Nigeria today.
- the fact that we tolerated it then does not mean we should fold our arms and do nothing about it now. Afterall, the owners of social media platforms benefit from our activities there while we - our nation suffer at the end.

We must all put National interest ahead of personal, ethnic or religous considerations if we must have a better society.

Re: Jonathan Reminds Nigerians Of "Freedom Enjoyed" Under His Watch Via Facebook by captleonerd(m): 9:18am On Aug 25, 2017
Abfinest007:
me n u who needs education.u voted for buhari why are you crying that u want another blind nigga like buhari .u vote for buhari not bcus he can perform better but out of sentiment let me tell you there is a big different bwt baba n gej
coming for one half-educated tribalist without vision. Read my first contribution again. Baba has failed too and I would love to vote someone else in 2019.
Re: Jonathan Reminds Nigerians Of "Freedom Enjoyed" Under His Watch Via Facebook by ayagha: 9:18am On Aug 25, 2017
LorDBolton:
That anyone still supports or praises Jonathan surprises me...

Buhari might be failing right now, but isn't it really stupid to support that dull statement?

Is it until HATE speeches (which r now the norm even here on NL) really become uncontrollable n spills into the streets via massacres n chaos that we will realise the need to tackle it?

My question is WHY didn't Jona tackle the so called "hate" speech? Why did it allow it fester? That I'm doing something wrong n benefiting from it doesn't mean tomorrow I should allow it thrive ...even if it's turned around to disturb me??

I'm 100% behind APC on this one , people with flat chest n zero bravery will come online to spew hateful words like if it starts they won't besiege the borders begging to be let through .

Jonathan supporters are as dull in reasoning as the Israelites who longed to return to slavery when they encountered a little hardship on their journey to freedom ... Just ask yourself would Israel even exist if their faction won?

Think forward!

And u think u are smart by supporting this govt blindly. pls take your own advise. Think forward.
Re: Jonathan Reminds Nigerians Of "Freedom Enjoyed" Under His Watch Via Facebook by sukkot: 9:19am On Aug 25, 2017
ELKHALIFAISIS:
Hausa Fulanis in Sabo went on the rampage killing many sons and daughters of Ile-Ife their host community and in the process they proceeded to behead a young Yoruba man and they paraded his head on a pole through the streets... U guys can't even look oppressors in the eye and asked them why
Lately, Yorubas are being terrorized from all angles by the Hausas and Fulanis. The Fulani herdsmen are killing Yorubas like flies. Even the Acting President Yemi Osinbajo was not spared of the incursion of the Fulanis. He's being harassed, intimidated, insulted, humiliated, taunted, and turned into a ping pong ball by Aso Rock Hausa and Fulani cabals led by Bukola Saraki. It's in the best interest of Yorubas to start working on ways and means to disengage from Nigeria.
nice try. we will not disengage from nigeria because we are the victors. afonja is winning. our cities are the richest and our leaders are the controllers. it is in the interest of igbo to disengage from nigeria because you guys despite being the 3rd biggest tribe are the losers. no political clout and intense poverty and calamity in your region. so i totally understand why you want biafra but we your slavemasters have decided we will not grant you biafra. now go and march and protest some more mr i am slave i want freedom from afonja the slavemaster

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Reminds Nigerians Of "Freedom Enjoyed" Under His Watch Via Facebook by nairanaira12: 9:19am On Aug 25, 2017
bamite:
trash

Give cogent reason why instead of this empty rant
Re: Jonathan Reminds Nigerians Of "Freedom Enjoyed" Under His Watch Via Facebook by RoyalUc(m): 9:20am On Aug 25, 2017
tigeress2011:

So why do the Igbos hate Buhari?
Re: Jonathan Reminds Nigerians Of "Freedom Enjoyed" Under His Watch Via Facebook by Leez(m): 9:21am On Aug 25, 2017
sukkot:
bros, people travel to richer places to do business. how many people in nigeria do you see travelling to nnewi or abakaliki to conduct business ? the sophistication and wisdom of afonja has created an environment conducive for world class business interactions. afonja people are gods in nigeria. now bow down to your masters boy. next time you see an afonja man i expect you to bow down and kiss his feet and tell him, oh ye master afonja i thank your tribe for making nigeria a great place to be
i just hope u are not referring to lagos which was a federal capital before abuja
how many igbos do u see dream about going to akure or osogbo??
even d hausas who conquered ur tribe dont even dream abt it
bow to afonja??lol
oh apart from d east hate oda ports would be
open
Re: Jonathan Reminds Nigerians Of "Freedom Enjoyed" Under His Watch Via Facebook by kkboy(m): 9:22am On Aug 25, 2017
Biggest damage of PDP years is not the amount stolen or opportunities wasted but the brains of young men and women destroyed
Re: Jonathan Reminds Nigerians Of "Freedom Enjoyed" Under His Watch Via Facebook by IdeyFindWife: 9:22am On Aug 25, 2017
Mynd44:

1. This is false; again, learn to differentiate between hate speech and insults

2. So because there were far more means no one should do something about it? undecided

Regardless of arguments from both sides of the divide, all i can surmise is that APC's being a tad bit sensitive to insults and would also wish to use the indiscretions and unguarded speeches of the secessionist groups to install a one-time gag on everybody's media freedom instead of simply tackling those scenarios and groups topically.

They could dish out but now being tackled, they can't deal; too immature! Hell, Buhari himself should be held to accounting for his comment on "making the nation ungovernable" for Jonathan!

greatiyk4u:
At least nobody wished him dead............. That is the highest form of hate speech

Freedom in deed!

Niggah please, we all know that's an humongous Liar-Mohammed white-lie!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Reminds Nigerians Of "Freedom Enjoyed" Under His Watch Via Facebook by sukkot: 9:23am On Aug 25, 2017
erico2k2:

Guy HUngry dey beat U, Plz tell me how much you get paid, I have few £ left somewhere in Nigeria,it can eliviate your state of MIND!
If I ask you now you will claim you are from LAGOS,no one comes from ONDO,OSUN,EKITI or OGUN state all yorubas come from lagos Including you grin grin
grin grin grin grin in actuality though ? lolzzz. i know all afonjas claim lagos but i am the original lagosian. my father and mother are from ikorodu. my family is royalty in ikorodu. if i give you my family name you can google that shyttt. its on wikipedia. we are original lagosian afonja royal bloodline grin
Re: Jonathan Reminds Nigerians Of "Freedom Enjoyed" Under His Watch Via Facebook by tuscani: 9:24am On Aug 25, 2017
greatiyk4u:
At least nobody wished him dead............. That is the highest form of hate speech

Freedom in deed!
he was killed and put in a coffin. Remember this pics? Internet never forgets

1 Share

Re: Jonathan Reminds Nigerians Of "Freedom Enjoyed" Under His Watch Via Facebook by ayagha: 9:25am On Aug 25, 2017
Princedapace:

Hahahahahha.. O boy, the number of northerners begging across the country is so high now.. An average aboki is begging and working almost for free.

Sir baba can rule as long as he likes but his people will suffer more as hunger doesn't know tribe..

These northern beggars just full under bridge eh.. I tire.. I gave them food two weeks ago.. They are just too much here.. Go to Ibadan, under round about bridge, Mokola to understand what I'm talking about.. Also go to bank road at dugbe junction to see what I'm talking about.. Na them suffer pass na

Y should u give to them, I almost ran one over on my way to festac some days ago. Stupid sai baba chanting evil minded beggers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Reminds Nigerians Of "Freedom Enjoyed" Under His Watch Via Facebook by Topmaike007(m): 9:25am On Aug 25, 2017
corruption have been in Nigeria before Goodluck jonathan was born even b4 Nigeria gain her independent,i feel the pain for supporting APC during election,i voted for party not d candidate of d party.
under President Buhari administration there is also corruption,everyday lai mohammed comes out to tell us something not meaningful.
i av learnt my lesson not to look at the face b4 judging.
Goodluck Jonathan is still d best president Nigeria will ever have.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Ifeanyichukwu Ibezi Controls Traffic Under The Rain (Photos) / Tinubu, Shettima Distancing Themselves From Buhari's Failure - PDP Mocks APC / Unknown Gunmen Scamper For Safety As Police & Vigilante Burst Their Camp In Anam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.