Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,067 members, 7,953,255 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 01:05 PM

HELP!!! - Lexus Won't Open - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / HELP!!! - Lexus Won't Open (1378 Views)

Pls Help ..lexus ES350 Engine Crankshaft / 10 Cars Security Personnels Won't Stop At Checkpoints (Photos) / Parts In Regular Cars You Won't Find In Electric Car's Maintenance/Repair Lists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

HELP!!! - Lexus Won't Open by coninse: 7:36am On Aug 25, 2017
My Nairalanders,

I need your opinion/advise on a particular matter.

Early this year, I bought Lexus RX330 and used it for a month before leaving Nigeria. Before I left, I removed the battery, locked the vehicle and covered it with a car cover to protect it from the sun UV rays. I brought the car keys with me, didn’t leave it to anyone.

Last month, a relative called to inform me that there are molds/moulds everywhere in the vehicle and even sent pictures and this got me worried. They suggested that I should send the key as to clean the vehicle. Due to my fear, I sent the extra key to them, not the original with remote buttons.

Today, the relative told me they were unable to open the car with the extra key. While we were discussing, someone mentioned that the pair can only open the safe, this doesn’t make any sense to me. I did a few google search and got nothing tangible, they were mostly talking about key FOB and so on.

Nairalanders, can you please let me know if you have experienced such OR/AND do you have any idea on why the extra key won't open the car.

Thanks….
Re: HELP!!! - Lexus Won't Open by erico2k2(m): 8:16am On Aug 25, 2017
coninse:
My Nairalanders,

Early this year, I bought Lexus RX330 and used it for a month before leaving Nigeria. Before I left, I removed the battery, locked the vehicle and covered it with a car cover to protect it from the sun UV rays. I brought the car keys with me, didn’t leave it to anyone.

Last month, a relative called to inform me that there are molds/moulds everywhere in the vehicle and even sent pictures and this got me worried. They suggested that I should send the key as to clean the vehicle. Due to my fear, I sent the extra key to them, not the original with remote buttons.

Today, the relative told me they were unable to open the car with the extra key. While we were discussing, someone mentioned that the pair can only open the safe, this doesn’t make any sense to me. I did a few google search and got nothing tangible, they were mostly talking about key FOB and so on.

Nairalanders, can you please let me know if you have experienced such OR/AND do you have any idea on why the extra key won't open the car.

Thanks….
Leave the car the way it is,when you get back open the car and connect eh battery start your car and give it a good wash.
if you leave your car derivable your relatives will KILL your car b4 you return.You did the right thing,PARK IT UNDRIVABLE. Just Ignore them
Thank me later!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: HELP!!! - Lexus Won't Open by Homguy(m): 9:08am On Aug 25, 2017
coninse:
My Nairalanders,

Thanks….
erico2k2 has said it. If it only opens the safe, it means it has opened the car but cannot sart the car. They are only looking for a way to cruise the car in your absence. You know how people use cars that are not theirs right? Especially Nigerian relatives who think you have plenty money.
You will not recognise that car by the time you get back if you send the original keys.

1 Like

Re: HELP!!! - Lexus Won't Open by coninse: 6:07pm On Aug 25, 2017
erico2k2:

Leave the car the way it is,when you get back open the car and connect eh battery start your car and give it a good wash.
if you leave your car derivable your relatives will KILL your car b4 you return.You did the right thing,PARK IT UNDRIVABLE. Just Ignore them
Thank me later!

@erico2k2...thanks for your advise, really appreciate it.
Re: HELP!!! - Lexus Won't Open by coninse: 6:08pm On Aug 25, 2017
Homguy:
erico2k2 has said it. If it only opens the safe, it means it has opened the car but cannot sart the car. They are only looking for a way to cruise the car in your absence. You know how people use cars that are not theirs right? Especially Nigerian relatives who think you have plenty money.
You will not recognise that car by the time you get back if you send the original keys.

Thanks @Homguy. I won't send the key as advised.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Toyota Yaris Car Issue / How Much To Clear Lexus ES 350 2007? / Custom Duty On Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.