Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,615 members, 7,813,021 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:26 AM

Dbanj's Website Launched - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Dbanj's Website Launched (4531 Views)

Dbanj's Oliver Twist Dance In 3D. Check It Out. / Why Dbanj And Donjazzy Were Signed To Kanye's Good Music Records: Bush Doctors S / Dbanj Website And Sound City Website - Some Serious Photoshop Brushes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dbanj's Website Launched by badex: 6:19pm On Feb 12, 2007
Hi guys,
dbanj's website has just being completed. check it up on
www.mohitsrecords.com
Re: Dbanj's Website Launched by LoverBwoy(m): 1:45am On Feb 15, 2007
wow that's neat!! cool
Re: Dbanj's Website Launched by Cactus(m): 9:48am On Feb 15, 2007
definitely impressed

music overlappig problem
Re: Dbanj's Website Launched by otoidea(m): 12:21am On Feb 21, 2007
d' koko is loading,
Re: Dbanj's Website Launched by Gamine(f): 5:26pm On Feb 21, 2007
So Heavy!! shocked
Re: Dbanj's Website Launched by y2kmayor: 11:31am On Feb 24, 2007
me go tel dem bikoko
dats great
may GOD bless him
Re: Dbanj's Website Launched by oprizon: 4:43pm On Feb 24, 2007
The graphics is too heavy for the website.Website ethics requires a professional to minimize graphics in other to enhance download.
Re: Dbanj's Website Launched by Gamine(f): 5:09pm On Feb 25, 2007
Yeah, Nigerians like ova do
they learn flash and photoshop, theyll want to use all the elements inside one Website, nawa ooh shocked undecided
Re: Dbanj's Website Launched by y2kmayor: 8:34pm On Feb 25, 2007
No mind naija fans. ova do 2 much
but i de hail dkoko master
Re: Dbanj's Website Launched by deb(m): 3:17pm On Mar 01, 2007
The graphics is too heavy for the website.Website ethics requires a professional to minimize graphics in other to enhance download

There is an exception to that rule. I dont believe it applies to entertainment sites. Check out the best of entertainment site. The wait (loading) is always worth it.
Re: Dbanj's Website Launched by crux(m): 2:11am On Mar 04, 2007
yah i agree to that, those rules don't apply to entertainment industires, though dapo's site is quite slow loading but i think i like it grin
Re: Dbanj's Website Launched by my2cents(m): 1:04pm On Mar 04, 2007
1) I like the creativity (I especially like the "d'koko is loading" part tongue). What would have been funnier, at least to me, would have been, when the "loading" part is on, he comes out and looks very impatient, like maybe putting his hand on his chin, laying down and saying "grin'koko is loading, You gotta problem with that" but thatz just me LOL

2) Yes, an entertainment site is all about flash

3) The site though heavy, isn't actually that bad, considering I have seen html-based sites that are heavier than this grin

4) I will respectfully disagree with the "those rules don't apply to entertainment industires" line and its variations: Every code in the end, can always be better, can always be more streamlined. Just cos, say, D'koko's site is heavy doesn't mean that all sites in his genre shd be heavy, especially if the aim is to one-up the competition or to showchase one's skills. With respect to flash, there are things that can be done:
[list]
[li]Optimizing images used and grouping like images together,[/li]
[li]Reducing number of frames/number of keyframes used,[/li]
[li]compressing sound,[/li]
[li]Using symbols as much as possible,[/li]
[li]Using solid fills instead of gradients/using websafe colors, etc etc[/li]
[/list]

Bottomline, very good site. Letz just not get wrapped up in finding excuses for where code could have been better. I bet if the developer of that site were to look at his code again, he could redo a thing or two, thus reducing file size and improving the user experience at the same time.

I hope this helps.
Re: Dbanj's Website Launched by Gamine(f): 1:47pm On Mar 16, 2007
oh well, i gotta say the website is tite, i met the designer "Badex" cool pple u kno!!
Re: Dbanj's Website Launched by Bigjay(m): 10:55am On Mar 30, 2007
Badeeeeeeeeeeeeeeex, ur realy baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad. Nice job man but there are some issues. The graphic tight quite alright but it takes for ever to load and that is a big minus. Look into that,
Re: Dbanj's Website Launched by Rodent: 11:24am On Apr 10, 2007
Dude, apart from the music overlap during the load/transition process, this site is slammin'.
It is not graphics heavy tho it is a bit cluttered, too many things happenin at the same time. With a broadband connection it loads fast enough. Trust me as one who as worked in this industry for a while, it is a site any western artiste would be proud to own. Keep up the good work, it is pleasing to see our home boys kickin it so!
Re: Dbanj's Website Launched by alleno: 11:04am On Jun 01, 2007
Great work, them guys are really cool, them BADEX guys.
Keep it up!!!

Yeah Right!
Re: Dbanj's Website Launched by ujuslims(f): 4:37pm On Jun 23, 2007
oga badex, the graphx and effizy is cool, but i guess i'll wait for .ng to start workin well b4 i can get past the index page,

(1) (Reply)

Awesome Arts Works! / Check Out These Amazing Plastic Arts! / Free Photoshop Cs5 E-book!!! Beginners & Advanced!!!! Grab Your Free Copy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.