Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,877 members, 7,828,117 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:30 AM

The Things To Consider When Getting Your Next Smartphone - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Things To Consider When Getting Your Next Smartphone (617 Views)

Read This If You Consider Purchasing Infinix As Your Next Smartphone / 8 Things Every Smartphone User Should Consider When Getting A New Phone / Why You Should Consider The New Infinix Zero 5 As Your Next Smartphone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Things To Consider When Getting Your Next Smartphone by bongolistik(m): 11:30am On Aug 25, 2017
Smartphones are now indispensable piece of gadget in our live and thus it is one of the most common and highest bough consumer electronic device on daily bases.

But watch it and don't go mobile shopping like a newbie! before you go get that next smartphone of yours, here are the important things to consider

1. ROM/RAM – the ROM is the internal storage of device, while the RAM is the working memory of the phone. With bigger ROM, you should be able to store more things on your device even without the aid of external storage device like the popular micro SD cards, and also with larger RAM, your device should be able to run smoothly even while running many applications concurrently.

You should start looking beyond device with 16GB ROM and 1GB of RAM as your target should now be a smartphone with at least 32GB ROM and 2GB/3GB RAM. The bigger the ROM/RAM the better

2. Camera – Our girls should speak better here. When it comes to smartphone cameras, the Megapixel (MP) alone is not only the true definition of the camera quality, as other factors like the camera aperture, light speed, angle range etc. should also come to place.

But ordinarily, you should be looking out to a device with 12MP to 16MP rear camera and 8MP to 12MP for selfie lovers.

3. Battery Capacity – it is simple, the higher the battery capacity, the longer your phone would stay on even under heavy usage. And in a country like Nigeria where epileptic power supply is still the order of the day in most locations, big battery capacity for a smartphone is one of the most important things you should sort for.

You should be looking out to a phone with not less than 3500 mAh battery capacity

4. Chipset – this is commonly refer to as the processor and like the heart is to man, it is the engine room of the smartphone and it is the hardware component that plays major role in determining how fast and optimise-able other features of the phone can run.

The 3 good and common types of chipsets are Mediatek (MTK), Qualcomm Snapdragon, and A. Most smartphones today run on any of them.

5. Operating Systems – as chipset is hardware component, the integral software part of the smartphone that manages how this chipset and other hardware components interact with one another is the Operating System (OS).

The two most common smartphone operating systems are Android and iOS, although most smartphones across the globe run on the former

For android, target Android 7 and for iOS, iOS 10 but but the most important thing here is that you should go for .........

Source: http://highteknology.com/2017/08/5-things-to-look-out-for-when-buying.html
Re: The Things To Consider When Getting Your Next Smartphone by koskilala: 8:56pm On Aug 25, 2017
I understand android better and I prefer tecno. I especially like the camon CX air

1 Like

Re: The Things To Consider When Getting Your Next Smartphone by Ennyholar: 11:06pm On Aug 25, 2017
This is really nice but you forgot to mention one important thing and that's budget....Tecno Spark is pocket friendly device for a low end Android user.

1 Like

Re: The Things To Consider When Getting Your Next Smartphone by bongolistik(m): 3:20pm On Aug 28, 2017
Ennyholar:
This is really nice but you forgot to mention one important thing and that's budget....Tecno Spark is pocket friendly device for a low end Android user.
yea it is also an important factor external to the phone

1 Like

Re: The Things To Consider When Getting Your Next Smartphone by missyojo(f): 5:22pm On Aug 28, 2017
Waooo,
That's good. Op, please can you recommend a good phone with the above spec for me on a budget of 40k.
Thanks!!!

1 Like

Re: The Things To Consider When Getting Your Next Smartphone by Nobody: 6:10pm On Aug 28, 2017
with 2GB RAM, 16MP & 3200mAh battery capacity, my Camon CX is on fleek
Re: The Things To Consider When Getting Your Next Smartphone by Nobody: 6:11pm On Aug 28, 2017
Ennyholar:

Yeah at #32,800, it's very pocket friendly

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I Need Not Less Than 1gb Ram Phone / Meet LG K7i A Smartphone That Repel Mosquito / See How Much It Took Apple To Make The $799 Iphone 8 Plus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.