Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,978 members, 7,817,882 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:01 PM

Why Soil Test? - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Why Soil Test? (492 Views)

Why Soil Needs Fertilizer / Farmland Mapping and Soil analysis Solutions / Soil Test For Farming In Nigeria: Needed Or Not? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Soil Test? by dotmoth4life: 5:08pm On Aug 25, 2017
At MyAgricWorld, we are about to start a Cocoa plantation project (Fully Irrigated) on a client’s farm. Due to the size of the land, I suggested a soil physiochemical test to the client, even before he went ahead to make necessary payment on the land. After gotten the soil test result, he called me and said “"What do I do with my soil test results?"
I was just laughing with the question. So, in order to address this issue, or answer the question, I will also like to enlighten potential farmers or investors on the importance of soil test in your agriculture.
First, soil sampling and analysis gives you chemical and physical information about your soil, which can be used to optimize plant growth or assist in solving soil-related problems.
When an initial soil test is done, the results will guide you in the decision whether or not to fertilize, resulting in environmental and economic benefits. It will also help you in fertilizer recommendations for some plant species.

the full and detail post is at www.myagricworld.com/2017/08/25/why-soil-test/

(1) (Reply)

Are You Looking For Buyer International And Locally / Job Vacancy: Farm Manager/supervisor / Cooperative Society

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.