Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,348 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:17 PM

Am I About To Get Scammed By Ems Staff - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Am I About To Get Scammed By Ems Staff (406 Views)

Obaseki Scammed By PDP / “Who Am I To Speak After JAGABAN Has Spoken?" – Ambode At Jim Ovia's Book Launch / Fuel Scarcity: Have We Been Truly Scammed By The APC? By Audu Bulama Bukarti (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Am I About To Get Scammed By Ems Staff by Jaltzsecur(m): 5:41pm On Aug 25, 2017
AM I ABOUT TO GET SCAMMED BY EMS STAFF

Hi Guys ,

I bought some items from a US store online, the package was delivered to my uncle's house in Maryland, USA. My uncle now paid $96 to USPS (US POSTAL SERVICES ) for direct delivery to Lagos, Nigeria in conjunction with EMS. Needless to say I transferred the equivalent of $96 back to my uncle's Nigerian account in Naira.

Now, after tracking the package on USPS site, the package arrived in Nigeria on the 22nd of August 2017.

After waiting for 2 days, 23rd and 24th, I didn't get any update from EMS, the product was meant to be delivered using EMS courier, I waited for 23rd and 24th, I didn't get anything.

So I decided to use my discretion to go to the post office outlet around my area on the 25th, guess what people, the package was already at the post office available for pick up since 23rd.Not even a phone call informing me my package had arrived.

Anyway what really baffles me and actually prompted me to seek an advise using this platform is, the people at EMS stand of the post office are asking me to pay a sum of N19,000 again to collect the package. She brought out a printed paper with hand written calculations on it. N1,500 in written in blue ink and others written in red ink totaling N17,000 ish. She claimed the N1,500 is for EMS, while the red ink ones are for the customs. She went further to state that customs reckoned the items in the package are worth N60,000 , as a result of that , customs are charging me N17,000.

I exclaimed, stating I had paid $96 for this package to be delivered to my doorstep and that it had already cleared customs (meaning it has been cleared by customs already ) Kindly refer to the attached document to see tracking updates generated by USPS tracking
I had already paid almost N37,000 (amount paid to my uncle for his $96)

HOW COME I'M BEING ASKED TO PAY ALMOST N19,000 AGAIN AT EMS STAND AT POST OFFICE FOR THE SAME PACKAGE?

I told the EMS to expect me later. But I'm sensing something is not write. I implore anyone on this platform, conversant with EMS to please help me out on what to do. N19,000 again at this surplus period is just unreasonable to me. This post is made today, the 25th of august 2017. Do not threat as old.

I look forward to your helpful suggestions.
Thank you

(1) (Reply)

Pres. Buhari At It Again: Awards $4m Rail Line From Kano To His Village Daura / Biafra: Buhari Not A Nigerian – Nnamdi Kanu (video) / There Is No Need Or Reasons To Fight For Oil In Niger Delta.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.