Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,981 members, 7,952,944 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 07:59 AM

Is Islam really a religion of peace??? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Islam really a religion of peace??? (603 Views)

Imam Of Peace Warns Christians To Wakeup, Else Radical Muslim Will Consume Them / Santeria: A Religion From Yoruba Practiced In North Caribbean, USA, Mexico / Atheism Is A Religion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Islam really a religion of peace??? by naijasaint: 6:31pm On Aug 25, 2017
Am not in anyway doubting the fact that Islam is a religion of peace.. I live and grew up in Niger state and now reside in nasarawa state..

So I have more Muslim friends than I can count.. However despite growing up among them I have my reservations which I want my Muslim brothers in the house to explain to me..

I want a simple rational defence of the following points am about to present which does not prove Islam as a religion of peace. ..

1.. During fasting many Muslims carry a sad and moody outlook, very unfriendly and harsh..They also condemn any Muslim who choose not to fast.. Question :Why should a man judge another man for not fasting instead of leaving just judgement for God??

2..Its impossible for a Christian to walk freely with a Muslim lady without getting insulted or lynched..Two people I know got killed in there room bc they were dating a Muslim lady. Last year my best friend here was attacked in him room simply bc a Muslim lady visited him and he was accused of sleeping with her.. It took prominent people to calm things down and prevent a riot.. Whereas Muslims date Christian ladies and marry them and no one attacks them..Why??

3..Why do Muslims get killed when they convert to Christians?? My Muslim friends claim its in their holy book to kill any one who converts to Christianity. Does this portray Islam as a religion of peace??

4...Why do many Muslims discriminate against anyone who is not a Muslim??. Anytime I see a Muslim and Christian fighting in a Muslim dominated area, even if the Muslim is at fault they will just start beating the Christian.Each time I submit an application in an office managed by a Muslim..i am quickly reminded that my tribe and religious would be an obstacle.. Most times I have been advised to convert...
I have lived in Adamawa, Niger and Nasarawa and all these point are my everyday observation...Does this points portray Islam as a religion of peace
Re: Is Islam really a religion of peace??? by ojun50(m): 6:44pm On Aug 25, 2017
Seun come nd explain more on this because wht op stated here is actually d fact
Re: Is Islam really a religion of peace??? by annunaki2(m): 10:24pm On Aug 25, 2017
OP all your observations are 100% valid apart from your hypocritical opening statement of not doubting that Islam is a religion of peace. From all you have written and in actual reality, Islam and peace are two totally different and opposing concepts.
Re: Is Islam really a religion of peace??? by naijasaint: 11:11pm On Aug 25, 2017
ojun50:
Seun come nd explain more on this because wht op stated here is actually d fact

So Seun is a Muslim?
Re: Is Islam really a religion of peace??? by naijasaint: 11:14pm On Aug 25, 2017
annunaki2:
OP all your observations are 100% valid apart from your hypocritical opening statement of not doubting that Islam is a religion of peace. From all you have written and in actual reality, Islam and peace are two totally different and opposing concepts.

All I want is for them to prove to us that Islam is a religion of peace or...
Re: Is Islam really a religion of peace??? by naijasaint: 8:06am On Aug 26, 2017
I know many Christians also commit evil acts on an individual basis but there is no consensus on violence and aggressive behavior as far as Christianity is concerned...
Re: Is Islam really a religion of peace??? by ojun50(m): 3:51pm On Aug 27, 2017
naijasaint:

So Seun is a Muslim?
no na calaber

(1) (Reply)

How To Identify A False Prophet And Teacher / Should Communion Be Taken Everyday? / PMCH 2018. Command The Year 2018. Mountain Of Fire & Miracles Ministries January

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.