Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,507 members, 7,812,559 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:25 PM

A Review Of "Freedom" Enjoyed Under Goodluck Jonathan. - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Review Of "Freedom" Enjoyed Under Goodluck Jonathan. (29455 Views)

Herdsmen: 100 Killed In One Day Under Goodluck Jonathan. / Take A Look At Federal Appointments Under Goodluck Jonathan / Jonathan Reminds Nigerians Of "Freedom Enjoyed" Under His Watch Via Facebook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Review Of "Freedom" Enjoyed Under Goodluck Jonathan. by Kbanka: 9:22pm On Aug 26, 2017
MXrap:
As much some of these happened under GEJ, it is safe to say that Buhari's current administration can best be described as a "military junta" when compared to that of GEJ's.

GEJ is still the king of freedom of expression.

Give reasons for your above statement

1 Like

Re: A Review Of "Freedom" Enjoyed Under Goodluck Jonathan. by burkingx(f): 9:23pm On Aug 26, 2017
PeterObi2019:

It is a pay back time for u and ur dullard...

Buhari is a fuuuulll and an unrepentant idiooot

Re: A Review Of "Freedom" Enjoyed Under Goodluck Jonathan. by MalcoImX: 9:26pm On Aug 26, 2017
Bizibi:
I know you re a sycophant because you cannot tell me you didnt know there were multiple accounts with such name so yes they were many in the year 2014.
It is laughable when you guys tag him as a dictator very laughable..
sincereNigerian created an account to counter sincere9gerian (the PDP head of the TANoids here, which he did successfully and with facts.
Re: A Review Of "Freedom" Enjoyed Under Goodluck Jonathan. by bigfish3k: 9:32pm On Aug 26, 2017
omenkaLives:
Seun, Mynd44, Lalasticlala, I'd be glad if you can have this on the fp to balance the deception being promoted by the immediate past admin and its supporters.

Thanks.

all these things u put up there are just political fights between political parties trying to outwit each other and also between individuals and jonathan , organisations and jonathan that's why u keep mentioning the names of the individuals and organisations u think he wronged in your write up. remember he didn't jail anybody. but we are being threatened today with jail over free speech

but the difference this time around is that this govt is barring all Nigerians on free speech
jona picked people and organizations which is 0.0001%, but this govt policy and threats will affect all of us on free speech which is 100% of Nigerian population that will be affected

comparing what I wrote above and also to how jonathan was thoroughly abused and accused by the opposition and nobody was jailed or threatened with jail. u can safely say that jonathan is the king of free speech

3 Likes

Re: A Review Of "Freedom" Enjoyed Under Goodluck Jonathan. by DabuIIIT: 9:41pm On Aug 26, 2017
Naija is doomed. See wheelbarrow pusher/BMC coordinator! Irredeemable Zombies everywhere..grin
Re: A Review Of "Freedom" Enjoyed Under Goodluck Jonathan. by Bizibi(m): 9:52pm On Aug 26, 2017
MalcoImX:
sincereNigerian created an account to counter sincere9gerian (the PDP head of the TANoids here, which he did successfully and with facts.
mtcheeeew,it seems you are not a nairalander or as a sycophant you just want to twist things up.......
I know u re trying to tag gej the dictator and buhari the democrat,you sycophants re known fr that.

You re one of those critics that have insulted gej here on nl during his era,so there is no need arguing or debating with you Mr sycophant
Re: A Review Of "Freedom" Enjoyed Under Goodluck Jonathan. by kollinz1234(m): 9:54pm On Aug 26, 2017
seunmsg:
I once challenged a GEJ supporter to provide me with proof of how Nigerians enjoyed a better freedom of speech under Jonathan than under Buhari and he ran away. We just have to continue calling them out.
During Jonathan's administration, the common man spoke out his mind whether hate speech or not but in this administration, ppl are been threatened for making hate speeches, u even feel unsecured telling ur neighbour sth bad about the administration because of fear of which ear might hear. Are we in a military regime?. If u r not sentimental u will agree with me on this. During Jonathan's administration, u felt more secured whatever u say in criticising the govt than now. But everyone is entitled to his own opinion

1 Like

Re: A Review Of "Freedom" Enjoyed Under Goodluck Jonathan. by MalcoImX: 10:30pm On Aug 26, 2017
Bizibi:
mtcheeeew,it seems you are not a nairalander or as a sycophant you just want to twist things up.......
I know u re trying to tag gej the dictator and buhari the democrat,you sycophants re known fr that.

You re one of those critics that have insulted gej here on nl during his era,so there is no need arguing or debating with you Mr sycophant
Thank you. But let's not hope for the days when we were so confused to the point where we were pulling out our dictionaries looking up to see whether there's any difference between stealing and corruption.
Yours was the first that created and introduced paid internet warriors (incl. the 40 laptop crew and many others) to distort and mislead people. Remember the Omokri boys posted to different sites to spread false info and clean your hero's government. Pls stop reminding me of those dark days.
Re: A Review Of "Freedom" Enjoyed Under Goodluck Jonathan. by Bizibi(m): 10:51pm On Aug 26, 2017
MalcoImX:
Thank you. But let's not hope for the days when we were so confused to the point where we were pulling out our dictionaries looking up to see whether there's any difference between stealing and corruption.
Yours was the first that created and introduced paid internet warriors (incl. the 40 laptop crew and many others) to distort and mislead people. Remember the Omokri boys posted to different sites to spread false info and clean your hero's government. Pls stop reminding of those dark days.
dark days?
If that was dark then what do we call this era.....sweet and juice era?

Mislead people?
Man,you guys are really funny,good luck with your people's govt,really nice to see you on the side of sets of dumbasses.I've seen the nasty hypocrisy they re doing in abj,good luck with you guys.

1 Like

Re: A Review Of "Freedom" Enjoyed Under Goodluck Jonathan. by ocelot2006(m): 12:01am On Aug 27, 2017
Johnnyessence:
you will always spread your lies and propaganda here as much as you can. Clueless pmb has done worst in this present democratic setting. Even his body language is very bad not to talk of hate speeches coming out from his mouth.

Bros, read my post again. I am on your side.
Re: A Review Of "Freedom" Enjoyed Under Goodluck Jonathan. by ocelot2006(m): 12:06am On Aug 27, 2017
MalcoImX:
Agreed GEJ was meak and viewed as weak, leading to him being attacked, but there definitely was a limit to what can be said. Can you be allowed to call him 'bastard' or 'mad man,' here as it's being done now?
And don't be like the other fellow who thought I was complaining. I wasn't. We're only putting out data for comparison and verification.

Bros GEJ was called far worse names on this very site and other social media sites by opposition supporters and ABSOLUTELY NOTHING happened. I don't recall Marilyn Ogar arresting any Nairalander. Oh btw Ms. Ogar was only the spokesperson for the DSS and not an operations person.
Re: A Review Of "Freedom" Enjoyed Under Goodluck Jonathan. by AlwaysUltraPad: 2:04am On Aug 27, 2017
richidinho:
grin grin

Comparing someone that signed freedom of speech bill into law with one that came from London to tell us how social media is his problem in governance
where's madridguy to help me with that quote of m jalal. This guy's brain is affected by pdp years of misrule.

Buhari appreciated the robust debate on social media and said some of the comments crossed the national redline.

2 Likes

Re: A Review Of "Freedom" Enjoyed Under Goodluck Jonathan. by NaijaBlend: 3:03am On Aug 27, 2017
omenkaLives:
Jonathan keeps trying to rewrite history oblivious of the fact all of us aren't fools.

If anyone should talk about upholding and protecting democratic freedoms, that person certainly shouldn't be Goodkuck Ebele Jonathan.

But you're showing you are by not knowing history.

1 Like

Re: A Review Of "Freedom" Enjoyed Under Goodluck Jonathan. by sarrki(m): 3:52am On Aug 27, 2017
NaijaBlend:

But you're showing you are by not knowing history.

I believed he's to ipob Jews

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Review Of "Freedom" Enjoyed Under Goodluck Jonathan. by lereinter(m): 6:29am On Aug 27, 2017
you can fool some people but you cant fool all the people at once
Re: A Review Of "Freedom" Enjoyed Under Goodluck Jonathan. by omenkaLives(m): 6:43am On Aug 27, 2017
MalcoImX:
You be old soja I swear. cheesy

Kai, nairaland used to be enlightening and fun at the same time. smiley
Re: A Review Of "Freedom" Enjoyed Under Goodluck Jonathan. by guuttj(m): 7:22am On Aug 27, 2017
Nigerian youths are funny..instead of strategies on how to turn the country around and take it away from recycled politicians they're comparing two people who have and had no thought for them....instead of joining heads to salvage this nation they bicker and fight for crumbs...ooo I cry for the future generation who will have nothing Qs the present youth will be the old men to rule them soon because they could not use their youth to propel innovation and development
Re: A Review Of "Freedom" Enjoyed Under Goodluck Jonathan. by MalcoImX: 7:34am On Aug 27, 2017
omenkaLives:
You be old soja I swear. cheesy

Kai, nairaland used to be enlightening and fun at the same time. smiley
And when he (sincere9gerian) saw the handwriting clearly on the wall, he run with his tail between his legs, enjoying his loot, never to be heard again – leaving his foolish and twisting 'comrades' hungrily blaming everybody but themselves. His doggedness in defending the indefensible PDP makes it not surprising if he turns out to be some Running Omockery.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Review Of "Freedom" Enjoyed Under Goodluck Jonathan. by Nobody: 8:59am On Aug 27, 2017
otitokoroleti:

IRRELEVANT NONSENSE

Bring your reasons let's see
Re: A Review Of "Freedom" Enjoyed Under Goodluck Jonathan. by Nobody: 9:25am On Aug 27, 2017
We don't expect him to remember, 99% of the aforementioned acts were sanctioned as he was sipping his hennesy and ogogoro grin
Re: A Review Of "Freedom" Enjoyed Under Goodluck Jonathan. by erico2k2(m): 11:02am On Aug 27, 2017
MaziOmenuko:
The otuoke drunk thinks everyone has short memory span. He and his overbloated wife went around the country preaching hatred during campaigns and that birthed all the hate speaches we see now.

Let someone point out any action from Buhari that can be compared to the heinous attrocity perpetuated by Jonathan during his tenure.

Ndi ara!
and you lot do not abuse the past leader right?Point out one time he was Drunk that you know?
Re: A Review Of "Freedom" Enjoyed Under Goodluck Jonathan. by erico2k2(m): 11:08am On Aug 27, 2017
Bizibi:
dark days?
If that was dark then what do we call this era.....sweet and juice era?

Mislead people?
Man,you guys are really funny,good luck with your people's govt,really nice to see you on the side of sets of dumbasses.I've seen the nasty hypocrisy they re doing in abj,good luck with you guys.
This Era, is TOTAL ECLIPSE!
Re: A Review Of "Freedom" Enjoyed Under Goodluck Jonathan. by erico2k2(m): 11:11am On Aug 27, 2017
Re: A Review Of "Freedom" Enjoyed Under Goodluck Jonathan. by erico2k2(m): 11:19am On Aug 27, 2017
omenkaLives:
Good evening all.

It is no longer news that ex President Goodluck Jonathan indirectly took a swipe at the current administration in response to her plans to clamp down on inflammatory and hate speeches that seem to have become the norm on our social media space. His comments suggested that during his regime Nigerians enjoyed freedoms only comparable to those obtainable in the most advanced countries, especially in the West.

Especially, his fans and supporters had a field day doing what they do best, trying to turn history in its head, just like Jonathan himself, in total disregard for truth and recorded history!

Their conduct was appalling and shocking to say the least.

For some of us, there can be nothing more scandalous than this for we know and will not, in the blink of an eye, forget how oppressive and repressive that regime was. The only credit those of us old and shrewd enough to recollect the past can give to Jonathan as regards respect for democratic freedoms and principles is his concession of defeat in a contest in which he was beaten roundly and squarely.

Let no one be deceived, his acceptance of defeat was as much a favour to Nigeria as it was to himself. He sure knew what might have been had he done otherwise.

Now, let us take a trip down memory lane and peel some skin off "FREEROM ICON" Jonathan, and see just how deserving of the title and accolades he truly is:

Come with me:

1. Governors Forum Crises (2013): A lot of political pundits insist this marked the beginning of Jonathan downfall, forget his crass incompetence.

In a simple election involving 35 participants and two contestants, Jonathan's interference saw to it that this more or less political pressure group was fractured beyond redemption resulting in the formation of the PDP Governors Forum chaired by his stooge Godswill Akpabio and another faction of the forum chaired by his preferred candidate who lost in the contest, Jonah Jang.

The election whose video went rival at that time due to its outcome saw Amaechi pulling 19 votes while Jonah Jang pulled 16. Democrat Jonathan insisted Jang won the election and recognised him as the Chairman of the forum giving rise to the much publicised PDP arithmetics where 16 is greater than 19.

This set the precedence for the scenarios that played out in Rivers and Ekiti Houses of Assembly while our "Hero" stood idly by, giving a tacit nod to the obvious anomalies as state police were used to suppress the opposition.

www.punchng.com/news/jonathan-endorses-gov-jangs-faction/

2. APC National Leader Harassed by the Military: During the heat of the campaigns, keeping faith with their doctrine of hounding and intimidating opposition figures, Bola Tinubu had his house placed under surveillance by the military when he wasn't indicted for any federal offence. The national leader responded to this in a manner that set social media on fire, placing a banner in front of his house that seemingly pointed the military where they should be looking- Sambisa.

leadership.ng/news/411334/military-places-tinubu-surveillance

3. Journalists Harassed and Newspapers Confiscated: This was one of the greatest assaults on freedom of speech we witnessed under Jonathan. It was a crackdown reminiscent of the dark days of the Khaki Boys.

Hundreds of papers with publications critical of the government's handling of national issues were confiscated and destroyed. Same guys who supported the actions of the government then screamed blue murder when reports circulated the press that Buhari had barred AIT from covering his activities.

www.premiumtimesng.com/news/162255-nigerian-military-goes-berserk-blocks-newspapers-distribution-abuja-lagos.html

dailypost.ng/2014/06/06/soldiers-seize-thousands-leadership-nation-vanguard-newspapers-friday-edition/

www.punchng.com/news/military-sss-seize-destroy-major-nigerian-newspapers/

4. APC Office Raided: This was another very dark
day in our democratic experience and marked an upsurge in the use of state security agents to harass and gag the opposition. Under the guise of carrying out an investigation, offices of the opposition were raided with computers and other instruments confiscated and destroyed. It was one of the lowest points of the DSS and somewhat signalled its complete evolution into an arm of the PDP.

The DSS at a press conference displayed items "discovered" at the office during the raid and they were computers, hard drives and other electronic accessories- hell it was a data centre!! Were they expecting to find chopsticks and stoves

www.naij.com/329843-lagos-apc-office-stormed-by-dss-soldiers-data-confiscated.html

dailyindependentnig.com/2014/11/apc-office-raid-dss-releases-list-recovered-items/

5. Buhari's Plane Barred from Landing: Another shameful incident where a plane conveying opposition bigwigs (then), including her flag bearer, on a campaign trail was refused landing rights in Makurdi and they had to return to Abuja. My question is, what if there wasn't sufficient fuel to take them back to Abuja as they made the u-turn mid-air?? Your guess is as good as mine.

www.vanguardngr.com/2014/11/buharis-aircraft-barred-landing-makurdi-airport/

saharareporters.com/2014/11/26/buharis-jet-barred-landing-makurdi

6. Protesters and Senator Shot in Rivers: Another gut wrenching incident that demonstrated the partisan nature of our security apparatus under ex president Jonathan. In a continuation of the government's crackdown on the opposition, citizens who were on a peaceful protest in Rivers state were shot at with live and rubber bullets and a Senator was hit twice in the chest. Thankfully, he
survived and a serious crises was averted.

www.vanguardngr.com/2014/01/rivers-crisis-senator-abe-shot-flown-london/

7. APC Women Protesters Teargassed: This was another horrid incident that demonstrated the ex president's disdain for opposition and civil liberties.

www.vanguardngr.com/2015/03/police-fire-tear-gas-at-apc-women-protesters-in-rivers/

8. Jonathan Orders Withdrawal of Speaker's Security Detail: Arguably the most vicious assault on our democracy by the ex president. This much publicised incident that needs no introduction earned the ex president (and deservedly so) local and international disrepute and condemnation. People had started to see him as the worst civilian dictator in the country's history. If you ask me, this incident drove the last nail into the coffin of Jonathan's 2015 ambition.

leadership.ng/news/388651/jonathan-orders-withdrawal-tambuwals-security-details

www.channelstv.com/2014/10/30/tambuwals-security-details-withdrawn/

www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/170346-jonathan-orders-withdrawal-of-tambuwals-security-details.html

9. Soldiers shoot to disperse protesters in Ojota, Lagos as secret police raids CNN's office: Here's another account of Jonathan's "tollerance" for freedom and human rights. We can all remember that administration's response to Occupy Nigeria protests except of course we want to be deliberately forgetful.

http://saharareporters.com/2012/01/16/soldiers-shoot-disperse-occupy-protesters-lagos-nigerian-secret-police-raids-cnns-office

These are but a few events the Mr Freedom subjected Nigerians to. Indeed it would be a herculean task convincing people of sound minds as to the propriety of referring to Mr Jonathan as a protector and promoter of freedoms in this country.

Thanks for reading.

For all this write up which I must say well done I give you one phrase as a reply

Decree No4 ,1984.I was wise enough to read and write that year!
Re: A Review Of "Freedom" Enjoyed Under Goodluck Jonathan. by Bizibi(m): 11:25am On Aug 27, 2017
erico2k2:

This Era, is TOTAL ECLIPSE!
hehehehehe and he is happy in the total eclipse.
Re: A Review Of "Freedom" Enjoyed Under Goodluck Jonathan. by erico2k2(m): 11:27am On Aug 27, 2017
And for those of you young lot killing yourselves on E_fight
in 1978 PMB was petroleum minister, just like now, He managed to make N2.8 Billion which was $3 billion at the rate then, and you lot think he is not rich right?
Keep defending politicians,PDP or APC or what name they come under they are all thesame.
Re: A Review Of "Freedom" Enjoyed Under Goodluck Jonathan. by erico2k2(m): 11:28am On Aug 27, 2017
Bizibi:
hehehehehe and he is happy in the total eclipse.
Yeh ofcos, most of these kids here where not born B4 1990,Indomi generation grin grin grin
If U ask them waht they think abut the hardship of Nigeria simple answer.Oil price is down ahaha
Re: A Review Of "Freedom" Enjoyed Under Goodluck Jonathan. by Bizibi(m): 12:05pm On Aug 27, 2017
erico2k2:

Yeh ofcos, most of these kids here where not born B4 1990,Indomi generation grin grin grin
If U ask them waht they think abut the hardship of Nigeria simple answer.Oil price is down ahaha
anytime I hear that line from these people and their govt I just tag em as lazy and little minded people.....you can imagine a president saying there is nothing he can do abt the exchange rate.
Most of em are sycophants,go to abj and see their hypocrisy, the only difference between em and PDP is "" hide and chop""
Re: A Review Of "Freedom" Enjoyed Under Goodluck Jonathan. by MrGerald(m): 6:28pm On Aug 27, 2017
omenkaLives:
Yet too couldn't ask much as site the instances under this administration you talking about so we can compare.

Smh.
I would at my free time bro, happy Sunday
Re: A Review Of "Freedom" Enjoyed Under Goodluck Jonathan. by billyG(m): 9:41pm On Aug 27, 2017
omenkaLives:
Good evening all.

It is no longer news that ex President Goodluck Jonathan indirectly took a swipe at the current administration in response to her plans to clamp down on inflammatory and hate speeches that seem to have become the norm on our social media space. His comments suggested that during his regime Nigerians enjoyed freedoms only comparable to those obtainable in the most advanced countries, especially in the West.

Especially, his fans and supporters had a field day doing what they do best, trying to turn history in its head, just like Jonathan himself, in total disregard for truth and recorded history!

Their conduct was appalling and shocking to say the least.

For some of us, there can be nothing more scandalous than this for we know and will not, in the blink of an eye, forget how oppressive and repressive that regime was. The only credit those of us old and shrewd enough to recollect the past can give to Jonathan as regards respect for democratic freedoms and principles is his concession of defeat in a contest in which he was beaten roundly and squarely.

Let no one be deceived, his acceptance of defeat was as much a favour to Nigeria as it was to himself. He sure knew what might have been had he done otherwise.

Now, let us take a trip down memory lane and peel some skin off "FREEROM ICON" Jonathan, and see just how deserving of the title and accolades he truly is:

Come with me:

1. Governors Forum Crises (2013): A lot of political pundits insist this marked the beginning of Jonathan downfall, forget his crass incompetence.

In a simple election involving 35 participants and two contestants, Jonathan's interference saw to it that this more or less political pressure group was fractured beyond redemption resulting in the formation of the PDP Governors Forum chaired by his stooge Godswill Akpabio and another faction of the forum chaired by his preferred candidate who lost in the contest, Jonah Jang.

The election whose video went rival at that time due to its outcome saw Amaechi pulling 19 votes while Jonah Jang pulled 16. Democrat Jonathan insisted Jang won the election and recognised him as the Chairman of the forum giving rise to the much publicised PDP arithmetics where 16 is greater than 19.

This set the precedence for the scenarios that played out in Rivers and Ekiti Houses of Assembly while our "Hero" stood idly by, giving a tacit nod to the obvious anomalies as state police were used to suppress the opposition.

www.punchng.com/news/jonathan-endorses-gov-jangs-faction/

2. APC National Leader Harassed by the Military: During the heat of the campaigns, keeping faith with their doctrine of hounding and intimidating opposition figures, Bola Tinubu had his house placed under surveillance by the military when he wasn't indicted for any federal offence. The national leader responded to this in a manner that set social media on fire, placing a banner in front of his house that seemingly pointed the military where they should be looking- Sambisa.

leadership.ng/news/411334/military-places-tinubu-surveillance

3. Journalists Harassed and Newspapers Confiscated: This was one of the greatest assaults on freedom of speech we witnessed under Jonathan. It was a crackdown reminiscent of the dark days of the Khaki Boys.

Hundreds of papers with publications critical of the government's handling of national issues were confiscated and destroyed. Same guys who supported the actions of the government then screamed blue murder when reports circulated the press that Buhari had barred AIT from covering his activities.

www.premiumtimesng.com/news/162255-nigerian-military-goes-berserk-blocks-newspapers-distribution-abuja-lagos.html

dailypost.ng/2014/06/06/soldiers-seize-thousands-leadership-nation-vanguard-newspapers-friday-edition/

www.punchng.com/news/military-sss-seize-destroy-major-nigerian-newspapers/

4. APC Office Raided: This was another very dark
day in our democratic experience and marked an upsurge in the use of state security agents to harass and gag the opposition. Under the guise of carrying out an investigation, offices of the opposition were raided with computers and other instruments confiscated and destroyed. It was one of the lowest points of the DSS and somewhat signalled its complete evolution into an arm of the PDP.

The DSS at a press conference displayed items "discovered" at the office during the raid and they were computers, hard drives and other electronic accessories- hell it was a data centre!! Were they expecting to find chopsticks and stoves

www.naij.com/329843-lagos-apc-office-stormed-by-dss-soldiers-data-confiscated.html

dailyindependentnig.com/2014/11/apc-office-raid-dss-releases-list-recovered-items/

5. Buhari's Plane Barred from Landing: Another shameful incident where a plane conveying opposition bigwigs (then), including her flag bearer, on a campaign trail was refused landing rights in Makurdi and they had to return to Abuja. My question is, what if there wasn't sufficient fuel to take them back to Abuja as they made the u-turn mid-air?? Your guess is as good as mine.

www.vanguardngr.com/2014/11/buharis-aircraft-barred-landing-makurdi-airport/

saharareporters.com/2014/11/26/buharis-jet-barred-landing-makurdi

6. Protesters and Senator Shot in Rivers: Another gut wrenching incident that demonstrated the partisan nature of our security apparatus under ex president Jonathan. In a continuation of the government's crackdown on the opposition, citizens who were on a peaceful protest in Rivers state were shot at with live and rubber bullets and a Senator was hit twice in the chest. Thankfully, he
survived and a serious crises was averted.

www.vanguardngr.com/2014/01/rivers-crisis-senator-abe-shot-flown-london/

7. APC Women Protesters Teargassed: This was another horrid incident that demonstrated the ex president's disdain for opposition and civil liberties.

www.vanguardngr.com/2015/03/police-fire-tear-gas-at-apc-women-protesters-in-rivers/

8. Jonathan Orders Withdrawal of Speaker's Security Detail: Arguably the most vicious assault on our democracy by the ex president. This much publicised incident that needs no introduction earned the ex president (and deservedly so) local and international disrepute and condemnation. People had started to see him as the worst civilian dictator in the country's history. If you ask me, this incident drove the last nail into the coffin of Jonathan's 2015 ambition.

leadership.ng/news/388651/jonathan-orders-withdrawal-tambuwals-security-details

www.channelstv.com/2014/10/30/tambuwals-security-details-withdrawn/

www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/170346-jonathan-orders-withdrawal-of-tambuwals-security-details.html

9. Soldiers shoot to disperse protesters in Ojota, Lagos as secret police raids CNN's office: Here's another account of Jonathan's "tollerance" for freedom and human rights. We can all remember that administration's response to Occupy Nigeria protests except of course we want to be deliberately forgetful.

http://saharareporters.com/2012/01/16/soldiers-shoot-disperse-occupy-protesters-lagos-nigerian-secret-police-raids-cnns-office

These are but a few events the Mr Freedom subjected Nigerians to. Indeed it would be a herculean task convincing people of sound minds as to the propriety of referring to Mr Jonathan as a protector and promoter of freedoms in this country.

Thanks for reading.

u forgot to add d killing of shiites in zaria,d harasment of gov.ameachi and d arrest of dino melaye during a peaceful stella oduah must go protest.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Review Of "Freedom" Enjoyed Under Goodluck Jonathan. by Sonoyom(m): 8:21am On Aug 30, 2017
Jesusloveyou:
iPods said buhari you are a madman, come kill us, and the army mistakenly and in anger kill two iPods. And you are crying for a just cause.
The same way your supreme leader is insulting and forming bss. If they arrest him now, you will be the first to accuse buhari for arresting your supreme leader, after inviting them to arrest him.
You did not answer the question, those who killed unarmed protesters wen will they be prosecuted?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Lagos APC Primaries: The Great Conspiracy's As Party Leaders Seal Ambode’s Fate / Atiku Arrives Port Harcourt For Port Harcourt Zonal Rally / Eko Youths Walk For Tinubu/Shettima In Lagos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.