Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,718 members, 7,831,265 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:21 PM

Dele Momodu Back To Thisday Newspaper - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dele Momodu Back To Thisday Newspaper (1055 Views)

The Arms Deal Gets Messier - N650m Traced To Thisday Publisher / Dele Momodu Writes Buhari, Says Nigerians Are Lamenting / Switzerland, Buhari And Abacha Loot - Thisday Newspaper Article (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Dele Momodu Back To Thisday Newspaper by Boboribo: 10:01am On Feb 20, 2010
This is his opening in his Saturday's Thisday Column

"My second coming, even if intermittently, had been foretold by no less a “prophet” than Simon Kolawole. He had told me it was virtually impossible for a restless writer like me to ignore the sad developments in Nigeria. We had this encounter on the day American Chronicle published on its website that President Umaru Musa Yar’Adua had died as far back as December last year, which was too sensational to be true. The news was so rife that most Nigerians made frantic calls everywhere and to everyone who could have any iota of clue. I had attempted to speak to the President’s spokesman, Segun Adeniyi, who was then in Angola but was not so lucky. He probably knew why his phones would have been ringing off the hook. I really felt for this great guy, and for what must have been his personal and private anguish, "

I JUST KNEW THAT GUY DOESN'T KNOW WHEN TO CALL IT QUITS.
Re: Dele Momodu Back To Thisday Newspaper by Iranoladun(f): 10:09am On Feb 20, 2010
Dele Momodu is a pendulum; swinging back & forth. He reprobate & aprobate at the same time; a rolling stone that gather no moss. The grand master of 'amala' journalism!
Re: Dele Momodu Back To Thisday Newspaper by jacobs123(m): 10:28am On Feb 20, 2010
If I were in his shoes, I will recall the security details of our President from their mission in Saudi Arabia, and replace them with fresh ones. I will summon our Ambassador to Saudi Arabia home to debrief him. I will write a letter to the Saudi King, and express both appreciation for his kindness towards our President, and disgust for the manner Nigerians have been totally snubbed in the matter. I will remind His Royal Highness that when the former King Fahd ibn Abdulaziz had a stroke, he was the Crown Prince Abdullah ibn Abdulaziz at the time and was allowed to rule for many years. As a matter of irony, the current Crown Prince Sultan ibn Abdulaziz has been ill and was actually flown to the United States of America for intensive care. The Saudis were not kept in the dark. The media went agog with blow-by-blow account of his progress or lack of it. When he got better and was flown to Morocco to fully recuperate, the Saudi media followed him with the same frenzy.

Only a Thisday can allow Dele Momodu access to publish his opinions. I guess we all knew that Dele would always seek relevance with any new government. These are the kind of people that Jonathan needs to avoid. My advice to this fellow alumnus of GREAT IFE is to stick to his photography job.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Inventor Scares Toyota / Students Set Principal's Office Ablaze For Mass Failure in School Examination / Kuramo Conference. Fashola To Host About 3,000 Delegates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.