Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,187 members, 7,822,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:05 AM

I’m Honored To Be Compared To The Likes Of Wizkid’ – Mi Abaga - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / I’m Honored To Be Compared To The Likes Of Wizkid’ – Mi Abaga (515 Views)

I Am Honored To Be Your Boyfriend - Ike Tells Mercy As She Turns 27 / Genevieve Nnaji Joins United Talent Agency With Likes Of Angelina Jolie, Others / Pictures Of Wizkid With Jada Pollock, His 3rd Baby Mama (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’m Honored To Be Compared To The Likes Of Wizkid’ – Mi Abaga by liumesty(m): 2:20pm On Aug 26, 2017
In an interview with Saturday Beats, Chocolate City Boss, MI Abaga revealed why it took him so long to drop a new album and being compared to some big-weights in the Nigerian music industry.

The rapper said;

“The truth about it is that the CEO work has been harder than I thought and it has taken a lot of time from me. Also, when you become a brand, you have brand commitments as well. My contract with Glo expired this year even though I have been working with them for seven years and I had been their ambassador for five years. We had to go for interviews, tours, shoot commercials, then you come back and you do the same thing for Martel. Then, I have friends that would want you to feature in their concerts. So, as a brand, it became tougher. Once an artiste gets to the point where he becomes a brand, it becomes tougher for him.
“I have about five projects in my heart that I want to do because I am getting older and once I am done with that I would probably leave,” he said.

On effortlessly remaining relevant in the industry and being compared to the successful younger acts in the industry, he said:

“I am ten years in the industry since my first song came out in Lagos in 2007 because that’s when Crowd Mentality was released. It is an ultimate compliment for me to be compared with the likes of Olamide, Phyno, Ice Prince and others that came out after me. If you think about my first five years, I was really hot but as you get older, you get tired of saying some things. It is very hard for me to write a song about being in the club. If you hear some certain artistes sing about being in the club, you would say that you’d prefer a younger artiste to sing about that,” he said.
Source: http://nolligist.com/2017/08/im-honored-compared-likes-wizkid-mi-abaga.html

Re: I’m Honored To Be Compared To The Likes Of Wizkid’ – Mi Abaga by directorXixXICK(m): 2:26pm On Aug 26, 2017
Weldone #sir
Re: I’m Honored To Be Compared To The Likes Of Wizkid’ – Mi Abaga by IamAirforce1: 2:30pm On Aug 26, 2017
You've spoken well bro
Re: I’m Honored To Be Compared To The Likes Of Wizkid’ – Mi Abaga by stGabrielo(m): 2:36pm On Aug 26, 2017
who's he
Re: I’m Honored To Be Compared To The Likes Of Wizkid’ – Mi Abaga by Seguntimmy(m): 2:37pm On Aug 26, 2017

Re: I’m Honored To Be Compared To The Likes Of Wizkid’ – Mi Abaga by tyson98: 2:38pm On Aug 26, 2017
Ok
Re: I’m Honored To Be Compared To The Likes Of Wizkid’ – Mi Abaga by oceanized25(m): 2:39pm On Aug 26, 2017
Misleading headline.....I did not see the line that he categorically said he is honoured to be compared to wizkid.
Re: I’m Honored To Be Compared To The Likes Of Wizkid’ – Mi Abaga by nuelzy: 2:42pm On Aug 26, 2017
didnt see wizkid anywhere...
Re: I’m Honored To Be Compared To The Likes Of Wizkid’ – Mi Abaga by abelprice(m): 2:43pm On Aug 26, 2017
Well said.. dats how u know a good musician.. unlike illbliss wey girls 1 kill at his age... undecided... he come dey even dey call himself badman... undecided... at his age
Re: I’m Honored To Be Compared To The Likes Of Wizkid’ – Mi Abaga by mccoy47(m): 2:45pm On Aug 26, 2017
stGabrielo:
who's he
Go and learn ur nusery school rhymes
Re: I’m Honored To Be Compared To The Likes Of Wizkid’ – Mi Abaga by mccoy47(m): 2:47pm On Aug 26, 2017
True.
Just like tuface singing abt being in the club now

(1) (Reply)

2017 MTV Video Music Awards: Red Carpet Arrivals / Davido Got Pissed As He Was Stuck In The Airport For 5hours / Go And Whiten Your Teeth – Dentist Send Strong Advise To Phyno

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.