Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,943 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:02 AM

My Short Stories. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My Short Stories. (491 Views)

My Short Stories Collection / A Foreign Literature Class Will Be Treating My Short Story. I'm Amazed. / My Islamic Short Stories (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Short Stories. by Jetjacky(m): 11:01pm On Aug 26, 2017
Hi guys, thanks for clicking on this thread. I hav all these short stories written by me which I intend to share with you guys, I hope you like them once you have read them. It's a continuous thing for now; and hopefully soon I would be posting a full story here on nairaland. Till then. smiley wink
Re: My Short Stories. by Jetjacky(m): 11:05pm On Aug 26, 2017
All stories written here are all right reserved
Re: My Short Stories. by Jetjacky(m): 11:06pm On Aug 26, 2017
Once When Beast Met Beauty.

Back when the only music that reigned were the sound of crickets, frogs, and their friends, in the night when men were calm enough to hear and appreciate their efforts.
A darkness broke fort from the embrace of trees and forest occupants. Its focus was on the people of Odigbo, and sooner than later terror spread her wings in the large community.

People were no longer safe: children could not go out to play, and adults were uncertain of their return once they stepped out of their homes. This darkness was nicknamed Night Demon, for it struck in the night, and it's skin and eyes were as dark as tar. This darkness was no other than Ferdinand. He loved his nickname for it represented him fine: a demon who's fangs were weapons to draw blood.

There was a feeling he treasured, a feeling he treasured than hunger; it was a feeling that made his heart swirl, his vein pulsate and his eyes role in as his mind went blank. It was a feeling like no other, and it was only found each time he cornered his victim as they screamed, each time he tore their skin, each time he felt their blood galloping down his throat: and it was one thing that made him keep coming for more.

For a year the occupants of Odigbo were forced to live as preys running for their lives, and each night, no matter how they tried they ended up losing someone. As time drifted by, and hope felt like a decayed leaf, it was apparent something had to be done, and they decided it was wise to make him their god. But this effort didn't in anyway make light their affliction, if anything was achieve it was the legal branding of slaughter: every three days, at 9pm under the command and supervision of their Chief priest, selected youths where dispatched to people's homes to brake in and collect someone's loved one. Tears will row, from mother to father, from father to children, depending on who was taken because they knew it was the last time they would see again. At the end, five person would be brought to stay the hands of Ferdinand.

Any time they slacked in their duty, Ferdinand was delighted to kill triple of the agreed amount before the next day. It was sickening, but another problem raised it's ugly head in the minds of Odigbo. It was a thought they couldn't not wiggle off for it spoke the truth: how do we survive if an alarming amount of five loved ones had to be murdered in other to keep one devil alive and happy? Certainly, rebellion and mass hunt were two friends that approached at the corner.

Felicia had always been a beautiful maiden, and even now she remained so: her hair was the color of the sky in a dark night, it flowed like water and shined like glass; Her eyes boasted of a chocolate iris; and her skin bore the same resemblance to her eyes.

Felicia was an ardent believe of God. She read and treasured her Bible, and won't give it up for something else. Having decided to face the darkness she and her brethren in the south communities have heard, her brethren sent her off, together with few fellow envagelist to assit her on her quest.

Upon Reaching Odigbo she felt her heart inflate like a balloon and it threatened to burst while warm tears streaked her visage like a lost trail of water on a glass screen.

“We have to save them,” she said, wiggling her head left to right like she couldn't keep it steady. “we have to save them all, and by the grace of God send that abomination back to hell!”

“Amen!” her companions chorused.

Around 4pm Felicia and her crew had arranged their needed Instruments. They didn't plan on staying much, hence they didn't bother scouting for a place to stay, rather they spent their time getting to know the community and it's occupants. Those they approached for information regarding the nature of this demon only stuttered like they were plagued with cold before running off, or turning them off.
Re: My Short Stories. by Jetjacky(m): 11:25pm On Aug 26, 2017
It was later in the evening that they finally got what they sort: the chief priest had heard about their activities in their land and had directed able bodied youths to convey the strangers to him. Standing before him, and having aired their minds, the chief relayed to them all he knew about the Night Demon, which wasn't much, but it was all they needed.

Sometimes it's funny in a twisted way how life tricks you when you are about to fall, on that day things will be so good: the sky would be very bright and clear; the moon’s silvery rays will be so full and enthralling you feel like having a stroll beneath its touch, and the sun will fill your world with a bright feeling that corrupts your heart. The same was what Ferdinand felt today. He couldn't explain it, it made him dance atop his tree home, jumping from one tree branch to another; it made him check the sun position more times than he ever had during his hunting days; and all this was because a bird had whispered, whispered a surprise waiting for him. He knew and he couldn't wait to meet this woman and her band who felt they could challenge him. He thought about it, and he admired her bravery and foolishness, it was only a matter of time now and he would have her; after killing her partners he intend to take her along with him, for the bird had also whispered that she was a thing to behold.

Around 9pm five person were held bound by five strong youths who didn't give them much of a chance to even flex their arms. They stood before a T junction, standing at the down stroke and not the top. The moon shine her brilliant silver, like she was so expectant to witness the full surprise that was about to ensue. Her light rested on everything on her path, including the flute rested on the chief priest hands. With it he played a beautiful short note that ignited fear rather than warmth in the hearts of those present.

Just moments later something expected yet dreaded by the villagers occurred: a swarm of ugly bat's showcased their artistic wings and abilities to fly, in the night sky. Followed by this was a blur that they all awaited for. It halted before them in a blink, revealing the person of the Night Demon.

He leaked his tongue when he arrived, gazing hungrily at his sumptuous meals. Oh how he would love to pierce through men skin, and to take the women back to his abode to finish them up slowly. A nice feeling, he couldn't suppress.

However there was a matter he couldn't suppress either. Turning to the chief priest, he dashed closer, and was amused when the old man cowarded back.

“Where is she?” he said, so calmly one would have mistook the conversation for a friendly one.

“who?” the chief priest stuttered with his eyes blinking like the feathers of a butterfly in flight.

“You know who! Don't play games with me” Ferdinand said as he grabbed the man on his throat and pressed lovingly while raising him up to his toes. “if you don't tell me, you are dead, along side with her. If you do tell me however, I might consider leaving you alive. What do you say?”

A sharp breath intake was all it took get him to know he had been outsmarted. When he turned, he could find a wooden stick stuck to his rib. The stick ignited within him a kind of pain he had never experienced: it burned his body contents and threatened to render him unconscious. Eyeing the perpetrator, he found her, Felicia, standing two feets from him, her eyes reflecting the moons light, while her lips parted like she meant to say a thing; but Ferdinand would hear none of it as he sped towards her, only to sink his fangs in her jugular. She gasped as he broke skin and he almost regretted his decision, almost, because of her beauty; but then he tasted her blood and it was intoxicating like wine.
Re: My Short Stories. by Jetjacky(m): 11:26pm On Aug 26, 2017
It was barely a second later when he felt it, the fire burning in his chest. He retrieved his fang, feeling his throat dry. It was like he was tasty yet he couldn't breathe; but that was not all, he smelt it, he felt it: at his chest was a wooden stick fixed. Smoke wafted through it, followed by fire; at this point, he knew he was done for. For a lasting memory, he found her gaze, those wonderful orbs he would never know the color of. She wasn't smiling, she was sad, and for a moment he thought how it would have been to see her smile. Sadly, in a blink of an eye he was no more than a body of ash and bones.

(1) (Reply)

Husband Scarcity / Tattered Heart Episode 4 & 5 / Help From A Stranger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.