|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,443,966 members, 5,502,790 topics. Date: Tuesday, 31 March 2020 at 11:56 PM
Did Jesus Foretell His Appearance To Apostle Paul / The Appearance Of The Sign Of The Son Of Man In Heaven And The Coming Of Jesus / Apostle Suleman Makes First Church Appearance After Sex Scandal (Photos) (2) (3) (4)
|Teaching: Jesus is 100% man and 100% God (Mystery of His Appearance) by Hardeysolution(m): 3:52am On Aug 27, 2017|
The Man Christ Jesus.
(Matt 1:23, 1John 5:20, John 1:1).
Christ is 100% human and 100% God. He isn't 50/50 as preached by some people. He's fullness of God, and he's a man. We shall get to know why he became man.
Acts 2:22, 1Tim 2:5, Luk 2:6-7, Luk 2:52. These scriptures tell us the attributes that show Jesus to be a man and God.
His Man Nature.
He was hungry(Matt 4:2), thirsty( John 19:20), slept( Matt 8:24). He showed emotions - anger(Mark 3:5), Sorrow( John11:35). He loved(John 13:23), bitter in spirit(John 12:27), fatigue(John 4:6). He died(John 19:30).
Jesus is fully God and fully human. (Rom 9:5, Col 2:9, Matt 1:21-23).
Why Did he become human?
1. To become our Priest. (Man before God). He is out faithful high priest. He needed to be God to know the mind of God and man to know the needs of man. Only God can pray to God. (PS 24, Eph 2:12-20, 1Tim 2:5, 1John 3:1, Heb 8:1, 7:26, 2:17, 3:1, 4:14-15, 5:1-10). Job had no mediator between himself and God, nobody!(Job 9:32-33) The problem of Job was however that he didn't read the first chapter of his own book. He didn't know God trusted him instead of hating Him. His 2nd problem was that he didn't read the last chapter of his Own book.
Jesus Christ of Nazareth Is our great high priest. (Heb 2:17-18, Heb 4:14-15, Heb 7:23-25). He's our advocate( 1John 2:1, Rom 8:37). He pleads on our behalf. Father, give him a last chance, and the last chance isn't exhausted. He pleads our cause.
2. To become our adequate sacrifice. (Propitiation) He's the one that was sacrificed for us and as an offering onto God. 1John 2:2, Heb 2:17-18, Heb 10:5-10.
3. To become God's prophet to represent God before man. He as the high priest represents man before God and as our prophet, represents God before man. John 14:9-10, 5:37-38, 12:49-50, Luk 10:22, Col 1:15.
4. To become our peace. He became our peace to destroy the works of the devil. He rebuked the wind ans calmed the storm. Heb 2:14, Rev 1:8,18.
5. He is our perfection. He's our all in all. Look up to Jesus the author and the finisher of your faith. He's our perfect example. (Phil 2:5-11).
He was so humble and loving that he gave up all for us. God lifted him up. The way up is down.
Jesus Christ, the beginning and the end, alpha and omega.
Jesus loves you.
|Re: Teaching: Jesus is 100% man and 100% God (Mystery of His Appearance) by Heromaniaa: 5:46am On Aug 27, 2017|
|Re: Teaching: Jesus is 100% man and 100% God (Mystery of His Appearance) by Ololanla: 7:11am On Aug 27, 2017|
|Re: Teaching: Jesus is 100% man and 100% God (Mystery of His Appearance) by Hardeysolution(m): 12:43am On Sep 03, 2017|
Happy Sunday Lalasticlala
|Re: Teaching: Jesus is 100% man and 100% God (Mystery of His Appearance) by Proudlyngwa(m): 6:43am On Sep 03, 2017|
You are absolutely correct,
But it's still deeper than that
|Re: Teaching: Jesus is 100% man and 100% God (Mystery of His Appearance) by hopefulLandlord: 6:51am On Sep 03, 2017|
just in case
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2020 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44