Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,962 members, 7,835,209 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:05 AM

Pls How Can I Become A Successful Farmer Including Livestock In One Acre Of Land - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Pls How Can I Become A Successful Farmer Including Livestock In One Acre Of Land (902 Views)

Sell All Your Agro Produce And Livestock In 3min On Farmsconnect / Admacine For Livestock In Jos / Corpers Cultivate Groundnuts, Rear Livestock In Sokoto (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls How Can I Become A Successful Farmer Including Livestock In One Acre Of Land by LEKAYHIS(m): 8:29am On Aug 27, 2017
PLS I NEED YOUR ADVICE ON HOW I CAN BECOME A SUCCESSFUL FARMER IN BOTH LIVESTOCK AND FARMING WITH MY ONE ACRE OF LAND

1 Like

Re: Pls How Can I Become A Successful Farmer Including Livestock In One Acre Of Land by lecturerdabo(m): 8:34am On Aug 27, 2017
Tagging along!
Re: Pls How Can I Become A Successful Farmer Including Livestock In One Acre Of Land by jomolu: 9:19am On Aug 27, 2017
Dear,Several factors u need to consider before starting ur Agricultural practices that will make u succide.
Cropping and Livestock can really change ur story for good if u check and adapt the following
1.Doing u really have d time to face agric squarely?
2.Are u really passionate abt agric
3.U must have d basic acknowledge and understanding of the crops and livestock u intend to farm
4.Attach ur self to a successful farmer around that is already doing the same agric u intend to do.
5.Write a business plan,and make sure the fund is readily available before u start farming
6.Make sure there is ready market for ur agric produces a nd distance to d market is not too far away.
7.Pls dis should had come first,and is d first thing u should do PRAY TO GOD ALMIGHTY THR JESUS CHRIST TO ORDER UR STEPS TO SUCCESS.

Now on the crop and livestock u can embark on also have a bearing on funding and location
If ure in osun state and u hav d fund the best livestock u can do know is broilers and every 7wks u b making huge money depending on ur stocking capacity.
Why d crop could b vegetable or plantain plantation.
pls for further enquires
call 08053970801
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Pls How Can I Become A Successful Farmer Including Livestock In One Acre Of Land by Nobody: 11:32am On Aug 27, 2017
Many things. First, don't do a mono crop.

You'll have to do zero grazing when crops are in the field, or restrict the cow with a rope. If it's more than one, zero graze. You can plant cows feed as one of your many crops.

What you can do depends on the fertility of the land

Visit your nearest Agricultural dissemination center(or neighbours ) to learn the crops favoured by the soil and climate. Then to a mixed cropped farming. The crops you plant together should not be from the same family.

The cow(s) will give you manure (is it a dairy cows? )

1 Like

Re: Pls How Can I Become A Successful Farmer Including Livestock In One Acre Of Land by sholapay: 1:19pm On Aug 27, 2017
FARDS INTERNATIONAL LOGISTICS Tonnes of cassava, ginger, turmeric, yam, pkn, pko etc for sale at a very wonder cheap price. Note, you dont have to spend your money on transportation, we do that for you. And also we deliver the goods before you pay. What a rare and great offer. Waiting for you to place Order. See my signature to contact me 081.66.9.66.101 call/ whatsapp
Re: Pls How Can I Become A Successful Farmer Including Livestock In One Acre Of Land by strangeland: 6:55pm On Aug 27, 2017
Good points
jomolu:
Dear,Several factors u need to consider before starting ur Agricultural practices that will make u succide.
Cropping and Livestock can really change ur story for good if u check and adapt the following
1.Doing u really have d time to face agric squarely?
2.Are u really passionate abt agric
3.U must have d basic acknowledge and understanding of the crops and livestock u intend to farm
4.Attach ur self to a successful farmer around that is already doing the same agric u intend to do.
5.Write a business plan,and make sure the fund is readily available before u start farming
6.Make sure there is ready market for ur agric produces a nd distance to d market is not too far away.
7.Pls dis should had come first,and is d first thing u should do PRAY TO GOD ALMIGHTY THR JESUS CHRIST TO ORDER UR STEPS TO SUCCESS.

Now on the crop and livestock u can embark on also have a bearing on funding and location
If ure in osun state and u hav d fund the best livestock u can do know is broilers and every 7wks u b making huge money depending on ur stocking capacity.
Why d crop could b vegetable or plantain plantation.
pls for further enquires
call 08053970801
Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Cassava Tubers Supply / How To Secure Interest-free Agric Loan In Nigeria? / Goodnews for Intending and Practicing Farmers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.