Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,826 members, 7,813,730 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:09 PM

Problems Uploading Smf Forum - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Problems Uploading Smf Forum (1195 Views)

How to embed video in smf / I Want To Create Front Page In My Smf Forum / How Can I Embed Google Ads In My Smf Forum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Problems Uploading Smf Forum by donsity(m): 5:03pm On Feb 20, 2010
Hi Fellow Webmasters,

I'm New To SMF and I Recently Built my SMF Forum with localhost on my system and i'm trying to upload it to my webhost but the site is saying "cannot connect to database". I later used fantastico to install the SMF on my webserver which worked just fine. but i later uploaded the one from my localhost again to overwrite the one on my webserver and the site stopped working again. I think the problem is from the file that connects my database. please i need help on this.
if you think the that the problem is from the files that connects the database, please tell me the name of the file and what i need to change in it.

Please i'm really stuck in this and i need your help to get through with it.

Thanks, I'll really appreciate your Assistance.
Re: Problems Uploading Smf Forum by DualCore1: 5:12pm On Feb 20, 2010
install a fresh copy of SMF via fantastico.

export the database on your local PC using phpmyadmin

goto the database created on your site, drop all the tables for smf and import the database you exported from your local pc.

you may then need to transfer your themes and mod files via FTP.

as I was typing this, i thought of something. You may run into trouble with some kinda mods while doing this. Hope this works anyway. If it doesn't, google "transfering SMF from my localhost to my site" or something like that.
Re: Problems Uploading Smf Forum by Horus(m): 6:17pm On Feb 20, 2010
donsity:

Hi Fellow Webmasters,

I'm New To SMF and I Recently Built my SMF Forum with localhost on my system and i'm trying to upload it to my webhost but the site is saying "cannot connect to database". I later used fantastico to install the SMF on my webserver which worked just fine. but i later uploaded the one from my localhost again to overwrite the one on my webserver and the site stopped working again. I think the problem is from the file that connects my database. please i need help on this.
if you think the that the problem is from the files that connects the database, please tell me the name of the file and what i need to change in it.

Please i'm really stuck in this and i need your help to get through with it.

Thanks, I'll really appreciate your Assistance.

Wich SMF version do you have?
Re: Problems Uploading Smf Forum by donsity(m): 9:31pm On Feb 20, 2010
@Dual Core, Thanks, I'll Tryout Wat You Said
@ Horus, I Use SMF 1.1.11

(1) (Reply)

Php Quiz: And A Short Array Issue :: Copy Array Values Into Key / Ihostafrica Ready For Acquisition / Breaking: Top Members Of Anonymous Hacking Group, Lulzsec Arrested

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.