Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,009 members, 7,817,976 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:57 AM

Gang Leader Kidnaps 10 Victims To Raise Money For His Father’s Funeral (pic) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Gang Leader Kidnaps 10 Victims To Raise Money For His Father’s Funeral (pic) (18621 Views)

Abuja Kidnappers Kill Three Of 10 Victims, Jerk Ransom To N700m(picture) / Troops Kill Bandits, Rescue 10 Victims Chained In Kaduna Forest / Gracious David West: I Give The Phones Of My Victims To 'China' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gang Leader Kidnaps 10 Victims To Raise Money For His Father’s Funeral (pic) by Islie: 2:57pm On Aug 27, 2017
By NGOZI UWUJARE

The menace of kidnapping for ransom in the country took a more frightening twist when 31-year-old Chibuike Okoroafor, brought a new dimension to the crime.

Okoroafor resorted to raise money for the burial of his late father and uncle, by going out with his gang to kidnap 10 victims in Imo and Anambra states.

The first abductees were 30-year-old Chigozie Ekwegbara and his two sisters, who were kidnapped about 8.00pm at Ornage Fastfood, opposite Asutel, Uli, Ihiala Local Government Area, Anambra State.

They were whisked away in a Toyota Highlander SUV of Chigozie and held for five days in Azara Obiato in Mbaitoli Local Government Area, Imo State, until their family paid N2 million to secure their freedom.

As Sunday Sun learnt from the Anambra State Commissioner of Police, Garba Baba Umar, Chigozie reported the incident after regaining freedom. Acting on the report, the Special Anti-Robbery Squad led by Supol Sunday Ikpe, launched a manhunt of the kidnappers and eventually tracked down Okoroafor and two other members of the gang, namely, Azubuike Nwachukwu, 41, from Okpa Umuobo in Osisioma LGA, Abia State and Ikechukwu Emeka Chima, 30, from Amachara village in Umuahia, Abia State and arrested them on August 10 at Orogwe along the Owerri-Onitsha road, Imo state.

During interrogation, Umar said that Okoroafor disclosed that he had twice postponed the burial of his father and uncle after learning that the police were on his trail. Ultimately he never attended the uncles’ burial held in July 2017. He only sent money to his relations for the burial.

Recalling the traumatic experience, Chigozie said: “I was with my two sisters at Orange Fast Food Opposite Asutel Uli, when they kidnapped us. They took us to their hideout and demanded over N10 million but my relatives paid N2 Million after five days; we were released at Azara Obiata in Mbaitola L.G.A of Imo State.

“On May 5, 2017, I reported to the SARS and within two months, on August 10, 2017, two members of the of gang were arrested.

I was able to identify them. I want them to return my Highlander SUV and my gold chain. I am grateful to God and want to thank the Commissioner of Police, Mr. Garba Umar and the SARS operatives for the brilliant work they did.”

The SARS Commander, Supol Sunday Ikpe , added that his team is still trying to recover the SUV, which the gang sold in Aba to a car snatching syndicate.

When he spoke with Sunday Sun , Okoroafor said: “I have kidnapped over 10 victims and used the money I collected from their relatives to bury my late father.

We demanded N10 million because I needed the money to also bury my uncle in Abia state. I was involved in bank robberies in Imo State. I was declared wanted by the state police command, so I relocated to Anambra State.

Okoroafor who hails from Azara Obiato further revealed that he was wearing Chigozie’s gold chain when he was arrested.

http://sunnewsonline.com/gang-leader-kidnaps-10-victims-to-raise-money-for-his-fathers-funeral/

lalasticlala
Re: Gang Leader Kidnaps 10 Victims To Raise Money For His Father’s Funeral (pic) by soberdrunk(m): 2:58pm On Aug 27, 2017
So he wanted to use '10 million" to bury his uncle? angry Like like play this 'kidnapping' has become part of our society ooo angry

2 Likes

Re: Gang Leader Kidnaps 10 Victims To Raise Money For His Father’s Funeral (pic) by buygala(m): 3:26pm On Aug 27, 2017
I suddenly feel very tired sad

5 Likes

Re: Gang Leader Kidnaps 10 Victims To Raise Money For His Father’s Funeral (pic) by Deem: 3:27pm On Aug 27, 2017
Ncan USA reportin. flat head

5 Likes

Re: Gang Leader Kidnaps 10 Victims To Raise Money For His Father’s Funeral (pic) by ufuosman(m): 3:28pm On Aug 27, 2017
na thief, which one be for is father burial

3 Likes

Re: Gang Leader Kidnaps 10 Victims To Raise Money For His Father’s Funeral (pic) by rozayx5(m): 3:28pm On Aug 27, 2017
Na wao

Kidnapping in the east

Mining in the west

Terrorism in the North

Cultism in the south

sad sad

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gang Leader Kidnaps 10 Victims To Raise Money For His Father’s Funeral (pic) by stanway(m): 3:28pm On Aug 27, 2017
robbing peter to pay paul,anyways at the end crime doesn't pay
Re: Gang Leader Kidnaps 10 Victims To Raise Money For His Father’s Funeral (pic) by burkingx(f): 3:29pm On Aug 27, 2017
cool.... Abeg ! Make una clear for my face ! I wan hail commander Abba Kyari cheesy wink

1 Like

Re: Gang Leader Kidnaps 10 Victims To Raise Money For His Father’s Funeral (pic) by Marvelous101: 3:29pm On Aug 27, 2017
This guy na fool!...
Re: Gang Leader Kidnaps 10 Victims To Raise Money For His Father’s Funeral (pic) by beetown(m): 3:29pm On Aug 27, 2017
Igbo sad

4 Likes

Re: Gang Leader Kidnaps 10 Victims To Raise Money For His Father’s Funeral (pic) by boroju69(m): 3:29pm On Aug 27, 2017
so these people are yet to learn from Evans

1 Like

Re: Gang Leader Kidnaps 10 Victims To Raise Money For His Father’s Funeral (pic) by burkingx(f): 3:29pm On Aug 27, 2017

2 Likes

Re: Gang Leader Kidnaps 10 Victims To Raise Money For His Father’s Funeral (pic) by Nobody: 3:30pm On Aug 27, 2017
IgbotiicGirL :

Idiot, what do have to say about this? If it was Yoruba, ur shameless self would have been masturbating about the thread with dumb comments

4 Likes

Re: Gang Leader Kidnaps 10 Victims To Raise Money For His Father’s Funeral (pic) by burkingx(f): 3:30pm On Aug 27, 2017
cool

2 Likes

Re: Gang Leader Kidnaps 10 Victims To Raise Money For His Father’s Funeral (pic) by Bolustical: 3:30pm On Aug 27, 2017
Igbos do not kidnap, this is a frame up by the Afonja media.

Chibuike Okoroafor is obviously a Fulani man from Ogun state grin grin

Lamentation of normal ipob tout.

6 Likes

Re: Gang Leader Kidnaps 10 Victims To Raise Money For His Father’s Funeral (pic) by Bolustical: 3:30pm On Aug 27, 2017
I've not seen any occasion where Nnamdi Kanu has addressed the menace of DRUG TRAFFICKING for once and other social ills affecting the Igbo nations but if it were to blame the Yorubas and Hausas, him blokus go dey get adrenaline.

2 Likes

Re: Gang Leader Kidnaps 10 Victims To Raise Money For His Father’s Funeral (pic) by jonero4(m): 3:31pm On Aug 27, 2017
Second Evans
Re: Gang Leader Kidnaps 10 Victims To Raise Money For His Father’s Funeral (pic) by checkolatunji: 3:32pm On Aug 27, 2017
Chai

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gang Leader Kidnaps 10 Victims To Raise Money For His Father’s Funeral (pic) by Oyindidi(f): 3:32pm On Aug 27, 2017
Death sentence is the way forward. Kidnapping to bury your father, just imagine
Re: Gang Leader Kidnaps 10 Victims To Raise Money For His Father’s Funeral (pic) by sukkot: 3:33pm On Aug 27, 2017
let the dead bury the dead

1 Like

Re: Gang Leader Kidnaps 10 Victims To Raise Money For His Father’s Funeral (pic) by Nobody: 3:33pm On Aug 27, 2017
Bolustical:
Ok
caught u grin
Re: Gang Leader Kidnaps 10 Victims To Raise Money For His Father’s Funeral (pic) by Pluto17: 3:34pm On Aug 27, 2017
lipsrsealed
Re: Gang Leader Kidnaps 10 Victims To Raise Money For His Father’s Funeral (pic) by linearity: 3:37pm On Aug 27, 2017
stanway:
robbing peter to pay paul,anyways at the end crime doesn't pay

More like, robbing Peter to bury Paul.
Re: Gang Leader Kidnaps 10 Victims To Raise Money For His Father’s Funeral (pic) by burkingx(f): 3:38pm On Aug 27, 2017
cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Gang Leader Kidnaps 10 Victims To Raise Money For His Father’s Funeral (pic) by Boyooosa(m): 3:39pm On Aug 27, 2017
uhn uhn.... clearing my throat
Re: Gang Leader Kidnaps 10 Victims To Raise Money For His Father’s Funeral (pic) by dfrost: 3:41pm On Aug 27, 2017
I don't understand this people. Someone kidnapped you and by the grace of God, you were spared, released or rescued (whichever applies), and you had the guts to say they should give you back your gold chain and suv. Right there is another reason to kidnap you again(abduction will not suffice because it clearly shows you are still a baby).

Total show off. Iranú.

2 Likes

Re: Gang Leader Kidnaps 10 Victims To Raise Money For His Father’s Funeral (pic) by uvie66: 3:42pm On Aug 27, 2017
Like I said before on this forum, it will gladden my heart if Biafra sympathizers are granted their wishes of an independent fiefdom. This will stop the spread of this kidnapping menace to other regions.

3 Likes

Re: Gang Leader Kidnaps 10 Victims To Raise Money For His Father’s Funeral (pic) by Jabioro: 3:49pm On Aug 27, 2017
Police should bury him too!
Re: Gang Leader Kidnaps 10 Victims To Raise Money For His Father’s Funeral (pic) by Bolustical: 3:58pm On Aug 27, 2017
booqee:
caught u grin
Good to see you here, at last. Take it easy on that Igbotiicgirl grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lazarus Terrorising Edo State Arrested By Police Says "I Only Killed One Person" / Panties Thieves To Be Charged With Attempted Murder - Dolapo Badmos, Police / 15-year-old Boy Who Raped 4-year-old Girl In Ebonyi Freed Over N4k (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.