Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,606 members, 7,809,219 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:39 AM

7 Dangerous Acts To Avoid After Having A Meal - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / 7 Dangerous Acts To Avoid After Having A Meal (1030 Views)

Meal On A Budget For Now Till Salary Enters. Turned Out Just D Way I Like It. / Nairalanders, Buy A Meal For Someone Here. / The Most Dangerous Foods In The World (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Dangerous Acts To Avoid After Having A Meal by Factfinder1(m): 3:48pm On Aug 27, 2017
We all love to chew and drink certain things after or at the same time we are having our meals. Here are few things that could harm and affect your whole body system if done at the wrong time.

* Don't smoke- Experiment from experts proves that smoking a cigarette after meal is comparable to smoking 10 cigarettes (chances of cancer is higher).

* Don't eat fruits immediately -When you eat your fruits with meals, the fruit is stuck in the stomach along with the contents of the meals and cannot reach the intestines in time. Lying there they get spoilt and spoil the remaining food in the stomach too. Thus it is recommended that you eat a fruit at least one hour after eating a meal or before your meal and preferably in the morning with empty stomach. It is in the morning that the body can best use the nutrients in the fruit and get enough energy to start the day.

* Don't drink tea - Because tea leaves contain a high content of acid. This substance will cause the Protein content in the food we consume to be hardened thus difficult to digest.It is preferable to drink tea an hour after meals.

* Don't loosen your belt -Fiction, not particularly bad for you!
We generally have an attitude that a good meal is that which forces us to loosen our belts. However, loosening the belt is bad, not because it causes the intestines to twist or block but because it means that you have over eaten to a level that you are uncomfortable. Loosening of the belt may also cause you to feel comfortable once again which means you may continue overeating.
So eat only to the extent that you can be comfortable without loosening your belt!

* Don't bathe - Bathing after meal will cause the increase of blood flow to the hands, legs & body thus the amount of blood around the stomach will therefore decrease. This will weaken the digestive system in our stomach.

* Don't walk about -Fact, it is bad for you! Walking directly after meals is a bad idea, it can result to acid reflux and indigestion. However, walking about half an hour after meals is known to be good for you. Researchers in the Department of Exercise Science at the University of South Carolina, have found that walking after exercise is a good way to burn energy.

The point to note is when to walk, you should ideally walk for about 10 minutes and only 20-30 minutes after meal to prevent acid reflux and stomach upsets.

* Don't sleep immediately - The food we intake will not be able to digest properly. Thus will lead to gastric & infection in our intestine.
Mynd44 lalasticlala

Source:http://ogashub.com.ng/7-dangerous-acts-avoid-meal/

Re: 7 Dangerous Acts To Avoid After Having A Meal by HungerBAD: 3:53pm On Aug 27, 2017
Nice points.

But OP i am more interested in what you used and how you cooked the picture of the last soup. So it is Okra, and then you boil it with the Fish and then you add palm oil and Maggi right?then later you add Kpomo right?and slowly let it cook right?

I will cut the Okra big right?do i need to add like Ogbono? thank you.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Dangerous Acts To Avoid After Having A Meal by Factfinder1(m): 3:56pm On Aug 27, 2017
HungerBAD:
Nice points.

But OP i am more interested in what you used and how you cooked the picture of the last soup.

Raw okro kpomo and fresh catfish
Re: 7 Dangerous Acts To Avoid After Having A Meal by HungerBAD: 4:00pm On Aug 27, 2017
Factfinder1:

Raw okro kpomo and fresh catfish

So you cooked it?can you cook the same food like on a Contract basis? i.e every 2 weeks? so it can be stored in the freezer?inshort i want to be your friend.

I am very hungry suddenly.

5 Likes

Re: 7 Dangerous Acts To Avoid After Having A Meal by Factfinder1(m): 4:05pm On Aug 27, 2017
HungerBAD:

So you cooked it?can you cook the same food like on a Contract basis? i.e every 2 weeks? so it can be stored in the freezer?inshort i want to be your friend.

I am very hungry suddenly.

Depends on distance and location
Re: 7 Dangerous Acts To Avoid After Having A Meal by Nobody: 4:29pm On Aug 27, 2017
We have heard
Re: 7 Dangerous Acts To Avoid After Having A Meal by Safiaa(f): 7:03pm On Aug 27, 2017
Piiko:
We have heard
Hi
Re: 7 Dangerous Acts To Avoid After Having A Meal by Nobody: 7:07pm On Aug 27, 2017
Safiaa:
Hi
hello what's up
Re: 7 Dangerous Acts To Avoid After Having A Meal by Safiaa(f): 8:17am On Aug 28, 2017
Piiko:
hello what's up
im fine. Missed you.
Re: 7 Dangerous Acts To Avoid After Having A Meal by Nobody: 9:09am On Aug 28, 2017
Same here, hows school and work
Safiaa:
im fine. Missed you.

(1) (Reply)

2 Ant-aging Fruits Found In Nigeria That Also Burn Belly Fat / 1 Paint Rubber Of Red Garri For 450 / Wesson Canola Oil For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.