Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,985 members, 7,841,758 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 02:21 PM

I Admit We Failed Nigerians,the Younger Generation-dino Melaye - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Admit We Failed Nigerians,the Younger Generation-dino Melaye (397 Views)

Tony Momoh: We Tried Reconciling Obaseki And Oshiomole But We Failed / How Buhari Fools Nigerians - The Guardian Opinion / I Admit That We Failed To Give Nigerians Refinery –Kachikwu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Admit We Failed Nigerians,the Younger Generation-dino Melaye by TheHerald: 7:48pm On Aug 27, 2017
Nigerian senator representing Kogi West in the National Assembly, Dino Melaye, has admitted to failing Nigerians along with other politicians in the country.

The controversial politician admitted to his failure while speaking as a panelist at The Osasu Show Symposium held in Abuja on Friday.

Speaking during the event, Dino Melaye said: “When you speak the truth, you die, when you lie, you die; so it is better to speak the truth and die. I may sound very unpopular but I will speak the truth.

“Apart from militocracy, politics is responsible for poverty and hunger in Nigeria. Unfortunately, we the leaders, myself inclusive, have failed this nation and have failed the younger generation myself inclusive.”

The politician added: “the reason why we are where we are today is because there is a disconnect between leadership and followership. As I speak to you, the problem why we are where we are is because of trust. There is no trust between the governed and those governing. Once there is no trust between the followership and the leadership, it will definitely have a negative concomitant effect on the economy, and every other facet of our national life.”

Melaye on the panel stated tharbthe problems Nigeria is faced with is not the political parties in the country. He maintained that “hunger and poverty have no political party, hunger and poverty have no religion. To have brought people to discuss on the line of APC or PDP is not correct, because the poor PDP man and the poor APC man all go to the same market.”

http://www.herald.ng/admit-failed-nigeria-younger-generation-dino-melaye/
Re: I Admit We Failed Nigerians,the Younger Generation-dino Melaye by Jabioro: 7:51pm On Aug 27, 2017
Now can you slap himself...
Re: I Admit We Failed Nigerians,the Younger Generation-dino Melaye by Sonoyom(m): 7:57pm On Aug 27, 2017
So u know
Re: I Admit We Failed Nigerians,the Younger Generation-dino Melaye by BiafranBushBoy: 8:03pm On Aug 27, 2017
And the asshole is claiming YOUTH!
Re: I Admit We Failed Nigerians,the Younger Generation-dino Melaye by divinehand2003(m): 8:05pm On Aug 27, 2017
“What we should fix is democracy; democracy is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. What we have is greediocracy; government of the greedy by the greedy, for the greedy.

Lol.

Nigerians have witnessed trickery of the highest level since 2015 when APC came into power.
Re: I Admit We Failed Nigerians,the Younger Generation-dino Melaye by Young03(m): 8:12pm On Aug 27, 2017
story
Re: I Admit We Failed Nigerians,the Younger Generation-dino Melaye by otosa(m): 8:56pm On Aug 27, 2017
I can remember some years back when former minister of work Mr. Ogunlewe said the same thing even the former President said so. to me this people will never change just Because Nigeria is too big for one to be controlled especially these our idiot political. If we don't want to hear this anymore restructuring is the answer.

(1) (Reply)

I Inherited Over N220bn Debt – Akeredolu / Govt Action Is Driving Youths To Extremism - United Nations / Nigerians Feel Less Secured Under Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.