Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,181 members, 7,829,238 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:18 PM

9 Simple Human Activities That Terrify Me - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 9 Simple Human Activities That Terrify Me (366 Views)

6 Phone Activities That Consumes Battery Fastest / Twenty-eight Activities That Are Not Allowed In Lifechanyuan / Activities That Pays (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

9 Simple Human Activities That Terrify Me by biyitolu(m): 3:06am On Aug 28, 2017
It would be understandable should this post comes off as ridiculous to anyone. And, the reason for that is not far-fetched. Most, if not all, of the activities listed below are activities most people carry out without giving it serious thought. I see people carry out these activities effortlessly each and every day.

And, honestly, you’d be wrong to think I’m trying to be dramatic here. As ridiculously easy as the activities listed in this post sound, they scare the living daylight out of me.

Enough said about me, now to said activities.

Talking About Money.
And that includes negotiating for my services, asking for money owed me and requesting financial assistance. Money related discussions just make me unnecessarily tensed. Sincerely, I’ll jump off a cliff faster than I’ll start a conversation about money. And, when, if I eventually talk about money, it is done with so much awkwardness.

Walking Into A Room Full Of Strangers.
And this includes strangers and fairly familiar people alike. Those walks, no matter how short, seem like the longest walks of my life. It gets worse when the entrance is conspicuous and everyone in the room has a great vantage point. In such moments, I wish temporary blindness on everyone in the room for the period it takes me to settle down. Call me selfish, cruel, or extreme. At the end of the day, I’m just a terrified human seeking to cope with his fears.

Meeting Relatives I Have Not Seen In A While.
Most especially when such meetings are at family functions. This is one of the many reasons my ‘pre family function’ mood is usually bereft of excitement. I hardly look forward to family functions. I feel the exact same way about relatives I haven’t seen in a while as I feel about complete strangers. Call me crazy, but, if I have lost touch with you as a relative, you are probably not my relative anymore.

Being In Formal Gatherings.
The seriousness – read uptightness – that is characteristic of such gatherings doesn’t sit well with me. I’m cut room a different cloth. I love the freedom outside such gatherings. Formal gatherings are just too… well, too formal for me. I don’t thrive socially and most especially creatively in such environments. People who know me well know. The thought of going to a formal gathering, for me, is depressing.

Read Complete Post Here

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Man Kills Lover, Commits Suicide In Ebonyi / F.C. Barcelona May Leave La Liga - Bartomeu. / Keystone Bank Supports Educational Development, Renovates Sick Bay In Lagos Scho

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.