Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,761 members, 7,817,104 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:47 AM

The World Just Cannot Understand What Is Happening In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The World Just Cannot Understand What Is Happening In Nigeria (1765 Views)

Bukola Saraki Reacts To The Ongoing Shiite Protest Happening In Abuja / Tunde Bakare: I Can’t Understand What Buhari Was Doing At The Kano’s Wedding / What Is Happening In The Capital City Of Abuja? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The World Just Cannot Understand What Is Happening In Nigeria by NASTYNASOSO: 6:37am On Aug 28, 2017
The world just cannot understand what is happening in Nigeria. The world is irked that people could take to the street to demonstrate because their leader is sick. Nigerians must challenge those who walked that road to tell us the precedence of any such behavior in any civilized society. I initially condemned the Wuse market attack, but after some deep thoughts, I craved for more of such attacks if only it will help knock some commonsense into some people. I have not left the google search handle in one week in my quest for any evidence to show that what is playing out in our country has any precedence elsewhere. The right to speak or protest is not absolute. In fact, there is nowhere there is absolute rights in the world. Why are our educated class fooling and deceiving us?

* President Grover Cleveland of USA had surgery that took off his upper jaw and was not seen in public for several months. The surgery was never shared with the public. In fact, it was never revealed until 24 years after he left office. That is America, my people.

* President Abdulaziz Bouteflika of Algeria, a man much older than PMB has been in and out of hospital in 2005, 2006, 2013 and 2014. Between 2014 - 2016; a whopping 2 years, he was not seen in public. Heaven did not fall. Algerians in Paris or Abuja did not take to the market square.

*President Attah Mills of Ghana was known to be sick even before he won the election. He was a regular visitor to the Synagogue of all Nations (TB Joshua) because of his ailment. It was only at his graveside that his brother, Dr Cadman Mills disclosed his ailment. We did not hear Ghanaians threaten fire and brimstone over what afflicted their president.

*Meles Zenawi of Ethiopia is celebrated as the father of modern Ethiopia. He was only being human to succumb to illness. He spent several months (more than 7 months) at a Brussels Hospital in Belgium. Ethiopians did not go to Belgium to stage a demonstration. His absence from work was hardly known beyond Ethiopia.

*Paul Biya of Cameroon maintains a permanent room in Hotel Intercontinental Geneva due to ill health. Some times he is not seen in public for 9 months. His absence has never derail his country's fight against Boko Haram. Their citizens have not mounted road blocks in Youounde because their president is absent. Nobody is asking for the president's ailment because he is a public figure.

*Hugo Chavez of Venezuela battled cancer for several years before he died. He was virtually an absentee president in the last 2 years before his death. As divided as the Venezuela politics is, the opposition did not head for the streets when Chavez spent several months in Cuba.

What is really WRONG with Nigerians? Is it that we are smarter than other people? Is that we are craving to be recognized for something that has no precedence in the civilized world? Is it that we hate ourselves so much that we get some satisfaction when we step on and trample on the enemy who is down? Is it that the so call elite class who have traveled the world do not know what obtains elsewhere? I will still await help from any reader of this write up who can avail me with any precedence where citizens demonstrate because their leader is sick.
Re: The World Just Cannot Understand What Is Happening In Nigeria by haryorbarmie83(m): 6:38am On Aug 28, 2017
Re: The World Just Cannot Understand What Is Happening In Nigeria by Totti9(m): 7:13am On Aug 28, 2017
Re: The World Just Cannot Understand What Is Happening In Nigeria by zephry(m): 7:14am On Aug 28, 2017
I don't think this Op lives in Nigeria if u do u would ve known we don't need an absent leader

9 Likes

Re: The World Just Cannot Understand What Is Happening In Nigeria by johnjay4u2u(m): 7:22am On Aug 28, 2017
We sef don't understand again.

1 Like

Re: The World Just Cannot Understand What Is Happening In Nigeria by Totti9(m): 7:24am On Aug 28, 2017
Ask your self if anybody protested when late president yar' adua was bedridden for several months
Do u know the reason he was loved by everyone
SE SS pray for his quick recovery
But u can't say the same with the present he is too bigoted

11 Likes

Re: The World Just Cannot Understand What Is Happening In Nigeria by nic2wao: 8:11am On Aug 28, 2017
This Op Self.....
Must you write?

cry cry cry cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: The World Just Cannot Understand What Is Happening In Nigeria by PhantomD(m): 8:49am On Aug 28, 2017
This OP ehn, u just want show say u sabi research, if he didn't condemn another man for being sick and out of the country for treatment den no one wud have cared wen it was his turn. He condemned medical trips due to his bitterness for d norms. Please stop making this man seem untouchable, he is accountable to the least Nigerian. So my broda abeg, keep ur thoughts and if we like we can protest for why wud the sun rise in the morning and not the evening.

4 Likes

Re: The World Just Cannot Understand What Is Happening In Nigeria by gbegemaster(m): 9:06am On Aug 28, 2017
zephry:
I don't think this Op lives in Nigeria if u do u would ve known we don't need an absent leader
That's a wonderful answer. Imagine the OP making reference to an 1880s President. America can never survive with an absentee President now.

5 Likes

Re: The World Just Cannot Understand What Is Happening In Nigeria by ZKOSOSO(m): 9:13am On Aug 28, 2017
OP this ya assertion to me is HATE SPEECH....!

Garrarraahiaaa mhieeennn...! Who's Buhari to take us for granted for too long.... with all the hardship he has caused....!!

Nothing is wrong with Nigeria....buh certainly something is wrong with Buhari...!! That was why we protested.......

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The World Just Cannot Understand What Is Happening In Nigeria by deriod(m): 10:34am On Aug 28, 2017
NASTYNASOSO:
The world just cannot understand what is happening in Nigeria. The world is irked that people could take to the street to demonstrate because their leader is sick. Nigerians must challenge those who walked that road to tell us the precedence of any such behavior in any civilized society. I initially condemned the Wuse market attack, but after some deep thoughts, I craved for more of such attacks if only it will help knock some commonsense into some people. I have not left the google search handle in one week in my quest for any evidence to show that what is playing out in our country has any precedence elsewhere. The right to speak or protest is not absolute. In fact, there is nowhere there is absolute rights in the world. Why are our educated class fooling and deceiving us?

* President Grover Cleveland of USA had surgery that took off his upper jaw and was not seen in public for several months. The surgery was never shared with the public. In fact, it was never revealed until 24 years after he left office. That is America, my people.

* President Abdulaziz Bouteflika of Algeria, a man much older than PMB has been in and out of hospital in 2005, 2006, 2013 and 2014. Between 2014 - 2016; a whopping 2 years, he was not seen in public. Heaven did not fall. Algerians in Paris or Abuja did not take to the market square.

*President Attah Mills of Ghana was known to be sick even before he won the election. He was a regular visitor to the Synagogue of all Nations (TB Joshua) because of his ailment. It was only at his graveside that his brother, Dr Cadman Mills disclosed his ailment. We did not hear Ghanaians threaten fire and brimstone over what afflicted their president.

*Meles Zenawi of Ethiopia is celebrated as the father of modern Ethiopia. He was only being human to succumb to illness. He spent several months (more than 7 months) at a Brussels Hospital in Belgium. Ethiopians did not go to Belgium to stage a demonstration. His absence from work was hardly known beyond Ethiopia.

*Paul Biya of Cameroon maintains a permanent room in Hotel Intercontinental Geneva due to ill health. Some times he is not seen in public for 9 months. His absence has never derail his country's fight against Boko Haram. Their citizens have not mounted road blocks in Youounde because their president is absent. Nobody is asking for the president's ailment because he is a public figure.

*Hugo Chavez of Venezuela battled cancer for several years before he died. He was virtually an absentee president in the last 2 years before his death. As divided as the Venezuela politics is, the opposition did not head for the streets when Chavez spent several months in Cuba.

What is really WRONG with Nigerians? Is it that we are smarter than other people? Is that we are craving to be recognized for something that has no precedence in the civilized world? Is it that we hate ourselves so much that we get some satisfaction when we step on and trample on the enemy who is down? Is it that the so call elite class who have traveled the world do not know what obtains elsewhere? I will still await help from any reader of this write up who can avail me with any precedence where citizens demonstrate because their leader is sick.

no one would have bothered about the president where about if the country was/is not in distress ,also Osinbajo should have bin given the power as an acting president ,the hardship we are facing currently is too much for us not to have a sitting president.

1 Like

Re: The World Just Cannot Understand What Is Happening In Nigeria by Adminisher: 10:41am On Aug 28, 2017
The Nigerian SE/SS youth is degraded morally. Hey celebrayed Ibori coming back and demonstrated against a sick President. Please wait patiently for four years from now, you will see what I am talking about. God will reset brains painfully in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: The World Just Cannot Understand What Is Happening In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:01am On Aug 28, 2017
Op the only person I will take in your list is Hugo Chavez. Am sure u know what happened to Venezuela after he died. That's same thing Nigerians are trying to avoid.

Nigeria is in economic depression, political war and ethnic heat up with succession speeches, the least we need now is an acting president controlled by cabals

1 Like

Re: The World Just Cannot Understand What Is Happening In Nigeria by Nukualofa: 11:12am On Aug 28, 2017
We will see more of this nonsense if Southern universities reduce their cut off mark to 120 for all these northerners that
have sworn not to read and understand

2 Likes

Re: The World Just Cannot Understand What Is Happening In Nigeria by Arda1000(m): 12:36pm On Aug 28, 2017
one thing about Buharis supporters is that they reason like they were born in the days of centurion,no country now would want or accept a ghost president

1 Like

Re: The World Just Cannot Understand What Is Happening In Nigeria by orisa37: 12:47pm On Aug 28, 2017
Nigeria is such a super theatre of absurdities.

1 Like

Re: The World Just Cannot Understand What Is Happening In Nigeria by funstufz: 2:25pm On Aug 28, 2017
One word for the Op...
Re: The World Just Cannot Understand What Is Happening In Nigeria by ZombieTAMER: 2:49pm On Aug 28, 2017
Adminisher:
The Nigerian SE/SS youth is degraded morally. Hey celebrayed Ibori coming back and demonstrated against a sick President. Please wait patiently for four years from now, you will see what I am talking about. God will reset brains painfully in Nigeria

Zombies don't really have an opinion

For the Op.... If buhari wasn't a tribalist and an economic destroyer... Believe me nobody has his time even though they didn't say his ailment or whatever

Buhari is bad luck personified
A harbinger of hate and a confirmed sadist

No president in the history of mankind has said that those who didn't vote for him should not expect the same treatment as those who voted him....
Buhari is a dunce
Weep for Nigeria
Re: The World Just Cannot Understand What Is Happening In Nigeria by Biggie225(m): 3:09pm On Aug 28, 2017
funstufz:
One word for the Op...
apc zombie.
Re: The World Just Cannot Understand What Is Happening In Nigeria by Adminisher: 3:20pm On Aug 28, 2017
ZombieTAMER:

Zombies don't really have an opinion

For the Op.... If buhari wasn't a tribalist and an economic destroyer... Believe me nobody has his time even though they didn't say his ailment or whatever

Buhari is bad luck personified
A harbinger of hate and a confirmed sadist

No president in the history of mankind has said that those who didn't vote for him should not expect the same treatment as those who voted him....
Buhari is a dunce
Weep for Nigeria

Your last paragraph is a big lie. You guys are born into lies and live with lies. No politician abandons his base. Next time vote 97/5 against somebody and expect 5/97 of the benefits. Trump is pursuing his agenda, Tories are going their Brexit. You have to face life with an attitude that things have consequences. N power, infrastructure (Niger bridge) are working for everybody but if I were the President i wont even have included the SE in these programs. There is already no free school feeding because most of the hovernors in the area dont value it. Please anytime a politician tells you I will leave my base to do the programs of the other party and you believe it then you are do I g yourself great injustice.
What have you guys lost anyway. PDP raped you and stole your future. They are begging to be allowed to do illegal refining in the Niger Delta, Bayelsa and Delta were owing salaries but if i were President even that one i would have denied SE and SS.

Sometimes negative things are necessary to reset brains.

1 Like

Re: The World Just Cannot Understand What Is Happening In Nigeria by ZombieTAMER: 6:05pm On Aug 28, 2017
Adminisher:

Your last paragraph is a big lie. You guys are born into lies and live with lies. No politician abandons his base. Next time vote 97/5 against somebody and expect 5/97 of the benefits. Trump is pursuing his agenda, Tories are going their Brexit. You have to face life with an attitude that things have consequences. N power, infrastructure (Niger bridge) are working for everybody but if I were the President i wont even have included the SE in these programs. There is already no free school feeding because most of the hovernors in the area dont value it. Please anytime a politician tells you I will leave my base to do the programs of the other party and you believe it then you are do I g yourself great injustice.
What have you guys lost anyway. PDP raped you and stole your future. They are begging to be allowed to do illegal refining in the Niger Delta, Bayelsa and Delta were owing salaries but if i were President even that one i would have denied SE and SS.

The hate is there for anyone who cares to see
Re: The World Just Cannot Understand What Is Happening In Nigeria by speedyGonzales: 6:45pm On Aug 28, 2017
Well, Invited those people that question these actions to come to Nigeria an learn why!
Re: The World Just Cannot Understand What Is Happening In Nigeria by speedyGonzales: 6:58pm On Aug 28, 2017
Adminisher:

This is a stup!d thing to say!!! No One contesting for public office can expect a 100% voting from every region not even Jesus, The way to convince people that your ideas mean well for them and their future is to implement policies that prove your ideas and gain their trust. It is a public office that serves the whole country irrespective of votes (vindictive people that fail to separate emotions from matters of reason and logic have no business leading people )

1 Like

Re: The World Just Cannot Understand What Is Happening In Nigeria by Keballl: 7:08pm On Aug 28, 2017
Adminisher:

You are still exhibiting this stupidity that made you notorious on the forums. So you expect a leader to poll 100 % of votes nationwide to justify delivering on his election promises.

Even the zombies representing the famed 97% haven't benefitted from this ultra clueless admin.

Keep shut please and stop polluting the forums with brainless posts.

(1) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu Is Dead, Kiss The Truth. / Osun Has Exceeded Global Standard For GDP To Infrastructure Ratio / 2019:2 Pastors Who Prophesied Obasanjo's Coalition For Nigeria In 2018 Prophecis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.