Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,052 members, 7,821,626 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:59 PM

JAMB Defends Low Minimum Cut-off Marks - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / JAMB Defends Low Minimum Cut-off Marks (15676 Views)

JAMB Defends Low Minimum Cut -off Marks ( Read Details) / JAMB Defends Low Minimum Cut-off Marks. / JAMB Fixes Cut Off Marks For Universities, Polytechnics, Colleges Of Education (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: JAMB Defends Low Minimum Cut-off Marks by stylochime: 11:17am On Aug 28, 2017
So lemme get dis straight. The only way to stop universities from illegaly admittin students with very low cutoff marks is by makin admission of students wit low cut off marks legal?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: JAMB Defends Low Minimum Cut-off Marks by CocoaOla: 11:19am On Aug 28, 2017
the good side of it is that it Will drive more revenue for education stakeholders dull students will stop going to NIGER REPUBLIC, BENIN REPUBLIC,SUDAN, CAMEROON, GHANA,GAMBIA,TOGO AND BUKINAFASO to study
Re: JAMB Defends Low Minimum Cut-off Marks by leobrownish(m): 11:22am On Aug 28, 2017
it does not really still change the fact that most Institutions will still go behind to admit candidates. Jamb!!! you better know this for sure that no matter the policy you wanna bring out, Na naija we dey, mago mago go still dey. so your excuse doesn't change anything.
Re: JAMB Defends Low Minimum Cut-off Marks by nNEOo(m): 11:22am On Aug 28, 2017
Badonasty:

Crap

can't ppl organise protest against such evil policies springing up day in day out.....

jamb do not mean well .....violent protest should ensue ......

1 Like

Re: JAMB Defends Low Minimum Cut-off Marks by calberian: 11:31am On Aug 28, 2017
How did jamb pass Jamb
Re: JAMB Defends Low Minimum Cut-off Marks by Sapiosexuality(m): 11:33am On Aug 28, 2017
Y'all read this to understand where JAMB is saying. http://www.mortalpoet.com/all-about-the-new-jamb-score/
Re: JAMB Defends Low Minimum Cut-off Marks by Horlohlah: 11:33am On Aug 28, 2017
This is arrant nonsense. I wonder what a student with 120/400 will produce as a graduate. Very soon, they will start complaining about churning out half baked graduates.

So sad... They are not even encouraging students to strive harder.
Re: JAMB Defends Low Minimum Cut-off Marks by Fourwinds: 11:39am On Aug 28, 2017
hmmmm
Re: JAMB Defends Low Minimum Cut-off Marks by successincentiv(m): 11:55am On Aug 28, 2017
Jamb is one of the reasons Nigeria is not moving forward in education. JAMB need to be scraped.
Re: JAMB Defends Low Minimum Cut-off Marks by Nobody: 12:02pm On Aug 28, 2017
Jamb shud be scrapped. Ssce and post ume shud be adopted. With post ume cost capped to 1k

1 Like

Re: JAMB Defends Low Minimum Cut-off Marks by JaffyJoe(m): 12:03pm On Aug 28, 2017
I feel insulted reading how Oloyede is even defending this thrash.
Re: JAMB Defends Low Minimum Cut-off Marks by PassingShot(m): 12:03pm On Aug 28, 2017
ElPadrino33:
After a thorough analysis, I've realized that it's actually a very nice initiative
When I read this yesterday, I couldn't but agree with the registrar.

He surely knows his onions.

1 Like

Re: JAMB Defends Low Minimum Cut-off Marks by sunshineV(f): 12:13pm On Aug 28, 2017
Hier:
Okay.

by the way

I want to say a big shout out to those ladies that sold their virginity to an EX. undecided

Punna dey worry u

Re: JAMB Defends Low Minimum Cut-off Marks by amazingspiderma: 12:17pm On Aug 28, 2017
Just when I thought we have sunk too deep and low to discover crude oil, this government is still digging to discover magma.

Exhalation of Mediocrity.
Nigerians enjoy your change.

1 Like

Re: JAMB Defends Low Minimum Cut-off Marks by Kaxmytex(m): 12:18pm On Aug 28, 2017
Jamb feeding tertiary instistuiton since time immemorial...
OAU as a case study.. ..

Imagine the number of students wey go choose that school,...
Imagine the number of Student wey go beat the cut off point (120)..
Imagine the number of student wey go apply for post utme..
2000 naira multiply by the population, imagine the number of digit you're going to get..
Now imagine the number wey dem go kum give admission...

My advice
If u get bellow 220 and u no sabi VC or registrar, change of instistuiton is still on, ur chance of gaining admission in all these fed. UNI's is so slim,...
And dont think because u sabi one lecturer, e go use im Influence help you, na OYO tinz u dey o.. .
Knowing some instistuiton cleaners sef beta pas some of this lecturers, dem go jux give you high hope on nothing.. ..

Fine, some state and private universities fees might be scary to dose wey no fit afford am, why dont you try other fed. tertiary instistuiton like fed. Polytechnic (OND), fed. College of education(NCE)... Innovation school also dey dere sef..

I think that is better than staying at home or wasting money on jamb lesson where some newly graduated SSCE and empty headed, Soon-to-learn slay queen no go allow you concentrate on the exam that you yourself know it's going to be tougher than the previous one you have done(now, i think am talking to dem guyz)

2-3years, you are through with your programme (jux pray make ASUP, COEASU or any other board no spoil your joy and fast make your fellow student no cause trouble for school)
and make sure you come out with good grade

After then, go for D. E without wasting time...

1 Like

Re: JAMB Defends Low Minimum Cut-off Marks by Nobody: 12:33pm On Aug 28, 2017
Dumbing down the future generation.
Re: JAMB Defends Low Minimum Cut-off Marks by Nobody: 12:43pm On Aug 28, 2017
dammy13:
Dr. Benjamin said most universities failed to fill their admission quota in the last 10 years.

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: JAMB Defends Low Minimum Cut-off Marks by Cuche: 12:56pm On Aug 28, 2017
Guyman02:
There is no defense except that for over 50 years, the North has gained admission into schools using lower cut off marks under the educationally disadvantaged states mantra.
Now they have decided to make it more ridiculous by making it even lower than when they started with that scheme several decades ago.
I think it is a good thing to have more Northerners educated to the University level. It is to the benefit of us all that they do, it shall immediately translate to a decline in the number of miscreants, savage herdsmen, cannibals and Islamic militias deceived by psychos like Bin Ladin. With accessible Education spread across the country, the value for human life and tolerance, and unity will not be forced or achieved by clampdown of dissenting voices, but will come through dialogue of educated minds.

1 Like

Re: JAMB Defends Low Minimum Cut-off Marks by DONADAMS(m): 1:01pm On Aug 28, 2017
That one no concern me...

Na this one concern me

Re: JAMB Defends Low Minimum Cut-off Marks by dheilaw1(m): 1:14pm On Aug 28, 2017
I love the concluding part
Re: JAMB Defends Low Minimum Cut-off Marks by bedspread: 2:13pm On Aug 28, 2017
emmyquan:

aspirant wit 121 spotted

READ TRU THEIR REASONS BRO.... don't be quick to unleash ur tongue.....Their reasons make sense....
I AM ON A HIGHER LEVEL...
Beware
Re: JAMB Defends Low Minimum Cut-off Marks by jbhill(m): 2:24pm On Aug 28, 2017
joke of the year.
Re: JAMB Defends Low Minimum Cut-off Marks by micstevo56(m): 2:53pm On Aug 28, 2017
sharap
Re: JAMB Defends Low Minimum Cut-off Marks by micstevo56(m): 2:54pm On Aug 28, 2017
sharap nonesense
Re: JAMB Defends Low Minimum Cut-off Marks by MEILYN(m): 3:27pm On Aug 28, 2017
dessz:
many ppl thought that the funniest joke of the year is our rat brigade. but to me our education system esp jamb is the joke of the century.
nonsense- /ˈnänˌsens,ˈnänsəns/noun1. spoken or written words that have no meaning or make no sense.
example:The entire jamb can be described as a complete nonsense.
synonyms:Jamb...Nigerian Education System
Omo make una leave that thing, I once scored 240 in Jamb and I didn't get admitted. A northerner from YOBE or so, who opted for same course with me in one of the Northern universities scored 180 and he got admission. It was more than crazy. This Cut Off Mark thing most times are not strictly followed like they said. And I tell you, this is a northern agenda. They want their kids to be in school with very low score.
Re: JAMB Defends Low Minimum Cut-off Marks by kaboji(m): 3:58pm On Aug 28, 2017
Very good initiative i trust JAMB boss, to critics how much do you know in the education sector of our country? Or it's only JAMB cut off mark you know
Re: JAMB Defends Low Minimum Cut-off Marks by franugo(m): 4:16pm On Aug 28, 2017
samx4real:
Even if schools are not following the cut off mark, that doesn't mean the board should reduce its standard.

Instead the board would have came out with a strict penalty against such schools.

Reducing the cut off mark means their is no reward for hard work any more.

Nigeria universities use to be cabbage in cabbage out, but reducing the cut off mark would make them become "Dirt in dirt out".

It means no need writing JAMB anymore. Its as useless as not going to school at all, because any body can score 120 without studying.

It also means WAEC and NECO can set 30 marks as pass mark.

Shame on Nigeria educational system.

LOL. its garbage in, garbage out actually
Re: JAMB Defends Low Minimum Cut-off Marks by franugo(m): 4:20pm On Aug 28, 2017
samx4real:
Even if schools are not following the cut off mark, that doesn't mean the board should reduce its standard.

Instead the board would have came out with a strict penalty against such schools.

Reducing the cut off mark means their is no reward for hard work any more.

Nigeria universities use to be cabbage in cabbage out, but reducing the cut off mark would make them become "Dirt in dirt out".

It means no need writing JAMB anymore. Its as useless as not going to school at all, because any body can score 120 without studying.

It also means WAEC and NECO can set 30 marks as pass mark.

Shame on Nigeria educational system.

'would have came out'? n u are complaining of GIGO when u are a beneficiary?
Re: JAMB Defends Low Minimum Cut-off Marks by Nobody: 5:28pm On Aug 28, 2017
bedspread:

READ TRU THEIR REASONS BRO.... don't be quick to unleash ur tongue.....Their reasons make sense....
I AM ON A HIGHER LEVEL...
Beware

LAST TIME I CHECKED SEUN HASN'T ENABLE sending of audio

I typed ..i typed!! wic one is unleash ur tongue
Re: JAMB Defends Low Minimum Cut-off Marks by naija247: 9:57pm On Aug 28, 2017
What is this rubbish about Universities not meeting their admission quota. Almost all Public Universities are over crowded, moreover which is more important the number of students in universities or the quality of education universities provide?

(1) (2) (Reply)

JAMB Holds Mock UTME Exams Tomorrow / Accident Victim Becomes Benson Idahosa University Best Graduating Student / 24 Photos That Will Reveal More Truth About This World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.