Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,793 members, 7,824,313 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 08:02 AM

Consequences - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Consequences (495 Views)

Wrecked: Female Genital Mutilation And Its Life-long Consequences / Consequences: Fate Of The Known!{Banned by nairaland} / Consequences Of Being Kind (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Consequences by lilien001(f): 8:57am On Aug 28, 2017
This is in fulfillment of a debt which I've owed myself for a long time.
No part of this work may be reproduced without appropriate permission.

Prologue..
Anita peered once more into the book. She tried to concentrate but the screeching voice never seized to disturb her. "mum can't you make it stop?" she said looking towards her mum but her mum didn't even look up. She was soo absorbed in the tiny creature in her arm. The creature that never seemed to stop tormenting her with loud cries. She had always wanted a sister, she had even offered her pocket money to God for one because she was tired of being alone. She needed someone to play dress_up with and someone to show off. Finally, the baby had come, a girl who was like nothing she ever imagined. First of, she was too small,a hat couldn't even even sit on her head. Her fingers were too tiny and worse of all she never ever stopped crying! She looked at her mum once more and saw the stress on her mother's face. 'can I hold her a bit?' she asked. 'stretch out your hands' her mum replied and when Anita did she carefully placed the crying infant into her hands. 'hold her carefully'. Anita held her sister and the baby stopped crying. She looked into her eyes and the world stood still. Even their mum noticed the connection. 'mum she's so pretty'.
'Yes, she is.. Just like you'
She smiled, determined to always protect her baby sister in every way she could.
Re: Consequences by lilien001(f): 11:41am On Aug 28, 2017
Sipping her drink slowly, Sophie looked at the time on her phone. It was 11 minutes past 5. She hated being delayed. All things being equal she would have packed up her bag to leave but she needed to let it out. She needed to let Segun know she was carrying his child. She was scared of how he'll take it because he always told her he was not ready to settle down just yet. She had no objections as she felt she wasn't either but the pregnancy had come unexpected. Segun was everything she dreamt of. He was tall dark and handsome, just her speck. He was caring and also very rich. He knew about her past and yet he accepted her with all her flaws and taints. She looked at her watch again, 15 minutes gone.
Segun looked around and spotted the beautiful lady sitting alone and walked towards her. 'my angel' he said with a broad grin as he took his seat opposite her.
'you know I hate it when you keep me waiting' she retorted
'I had to go get something urgently before meeting you here' he replied 'let's place an order then you'll tell me why you look jittered'
They placed their orders and started eating. After a while, Sophie paused and said ' Segun, I really need to let you know, I'm pregnant'
Segun paused and then smiled broadly. He then carefully dropped his fork and dipped his hand into his pocket, bringing out a ring case. He opened it to reveal a magnificent diamond ring. 'I don't really know how to put it but you mean the world to me. Ever since I met you, my life has never remained the same. Will you marry me?'
Sophie was shocked. She never saw this coming. ' yes of course I will.' she replied. Segun put the ring on her finger with a broad smile on his face
' but how..... I don't believe it's just a coincidence. Of all days, why did you ask me today?'
' well ', Segun answered, ' your best friend Chioma called me and told me you were pregnant for me and scared so I decided to allay your fears. I love you, you're perfect for me. So it's all very appropriate. '
Sophie smiled, Chioma could be overly protective at times. She looked at her boyfriend, now fiancé and was filled with joy
'I love you too sugar'

Sophie pecked Segun as she came down from the car. She looked at the ring on her finger and smiled again. She walked towards her house which she shared with two of her friends and knocked on the door. After a single knock the door flew open.
'how did he take it?' Chioma asked.
Rita tossed her book aside and quickly rose up ' hope he didn't dare deny it'
' babes calm down.... Tara!' Sophie said as she flashed her ring finger in front of her friends. They could not contain their excitement as they all began screaming.
'wait, I don't understand, I thought you said he was not ready to settle down? How come?' Chioma asked
' Omo na ashebi things ooooo!' Rita screamed ' babe tell us everything that went down'
Sophie excitedly recounted everything that happened ad quickly as she could
'anyways, girls go get dressed. We're all going for the celebration!'
Yay! '
They all scuffled to get dressed and then they went to celebrate.
Re: Consequences by lilien001(f): 12:03pm On Aug 28, 2017
To be continued, your comments and criticisms are welcomed
Re: Consequences by lilien001(f): 4:57pm On Aug 29, 2017
'Life can be very cruel at times. Why else would the rich keep getting richer while the poor get poorer? Why do good things always follow people who have been privileged to be born beautiful naturally while some have to struggle to look good and yet get the left overs? ' Chioma sat thinking to herself. Her friend Sophie had the perfect life . She had a rich boyfriend who was paying her fees and getting her all the nice stuffs, to worsen it all now she's pregnant for him despite her past abortions and even engaged to him, imagine!
When she had heard of the pregnancy, she was happy because she thought it would be the deal breaker for her friend so she had quickly called segun telling him of how Sophie planned to use the child to trap him down but no, the plan had backfired instead the idiot proposed to her!
A knock interrupted her thoughts and then Sophie came bustling in.
'ah ah, you didn't go for lectures again?' Sophie asked
'no, i wanted to finish that okoros assignment first' Chioma replied
' it's true oo, Abeg do for two' Sophie said as she started throwing some clothes into her bag
'where u dey go?'
' I'm going to my fiancés place for the weekend'
'Hia, so it's now my fiancé no more segun abi? Okay oo.... I go love ooo' Chioma said laughing
' free me jare' Sophie said laughing 'where is Rita sef?'
' she just stepped out'
'Okay, tell her I'm out for the weekend' She said as she added a few personal effects to the bag and then zipped it up.
'Oya oo, my regards to segun oo, our fiancé. Bring goodies when you're coming back oi'
'sure thing' Sophie replied 'how far you and tolu na, you no longer talk about him'
'Abeg leave that one jare, that one na Bleep boy. I wonder how such a person could be seguns friend. They are as different as night and day'
'give me gist na' Sophie enquired ' Wetin happen?'
' nothing serious, the guy is just not s... Asin he's not caring jare. Doesn't know how to take care of a lady Abeg leave that one jare. Ehe kelvin came to look for you'
' when will he give up? He should leave me jare, since second year till now final year.' she picked up her bag and checked her watch ' Bae, catch ya. Gotta run now
' Okay dear, bye '

(1) (Reply)

The Eyes, The Mind And Success / . / Jaad Logistics Recruitment On-going

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.