Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,408 members, 7,819,459 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:40 PM

Why Did My Youtube Video Earn Only $5 After Reaching 22,479 Views - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Why Did My Youtube Video Earn Only $5 After Reaching 22,479 Views (869 Views)

Google Deducts US Tax Monthly From My Youtube Earnings / Yllix Tricks Still Working 100% Earn $5 - $10 Daily Now!! / Can An Adsense Account Be Verified Without Reaching $10 Threshold (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Did My Youtube Video Earn Only $5 After Reaching 22,479 Views by fxtreme(m): 2:11pm On Aug 28, 2017
Is this the norm, or am I doing something wrong?

Fellow AdSense users please air your views on this.

Re: Why Did My Youtube Video Earn Only $5 After Reaching 22,479 Views by Sapiosexuality(m): 3:31pm On Aug 28, 2017
You did nothing wrong. YouTube AdSense is not like Google Blog AdSense.

First thing you should know is, ads are not placed on every view and for any ad to count, the viewer must finish watching it before going to the video.

Secondly, not all ads watched are paid. The viewer could be requested to execute a task at the end of the ad and where they don't, it's not counted.

Third. It's possible that the ads on your channel now are low paying. And coupled with views from low priority countries, you get little in return.

1 Like

Re: Why Did My Youtube Video Earn Only $5 After Reaching 22,479 Views by fxtreme(m): 7:17pm On Aug 28, 2017
Sapiosexuality:
You did nothing wrong. YouTube AdSense is not like Google Blog AdSense.

First thing you should know is, ads are not placed on every view and for any ad to count, the viewer must finish watching it before going to the video.

Secondly, not all ads watched are paid. The viewer could be requested to execute a task at the end of the ad and where they don't, it's not counted.

Third. It's possible that the ads on your channel now are low paying. And coupled with views from low priority countries, you get little in return.

Thanks a lot for the analysis. I couldn't believe getting such poor returns after doing all the hard work of driving traffic to the video.

I'm so done with YouTube AdSense.
Re: Why Did My Youtube Video Earn Only $5 After Reaching 22,479 Views by Nobody: 7:22pm On Aug 28, 2017
fxtreme:

Thanks a lot for the analysis. I couldn't believe getting such poor returns after doing all the hard work of driving traffic to the video.

such is life
Re: Why Did My Youtube Video Earn Only $5 After Reaching 22,479 Views by Sapiosexuality(m): 7:44pm On Aug 28, 2017
fxtreme:

If you viewed my username you'd have seen that I ran videos on YouTube too but had to stop to save myself energy and time. You shouldn't give up yet. Try for another week or month and see how it goes. You need a lot of subscribers to make money with YouTube.
Re: Why Did My Youtube Video Earn Only $5 After Reaching 22,479 Views by Immaculatesnow(m): 9:32pm On Aug 28, 2017
fxtreme:
Is this the norm, or am I doing something wrong?

Fellow AdSense users please air your views on this.

I am sorry to say this but Your a big goat if you started a youtube channel to make money, that is why Nigeria is a dead nation, do you think to make crappy videos or to talk about gossip on your channel and finally drive 3rd world country traffic like Nigeria or India will translate to mega bucks, please wake up and build your channel, that is if you have not killed it by posting crap every day and hoping money will fall on you, and FYI I started my own channel last month and I have made more that amount from my channel because I offer value on my channel and only USA guys visit it and buy from my eBay affiliate links plus my Adsense converts better than your own as I earn $1 per day from it with my constant 800 to 1000 views per day, I love my channel more than anything in the world that is why I am growing it rapidly, so if you like take my advice and grow your brand if you like call me names by quoting me.
Re: Why Did My Youtube Video Earn Only $5 After Reaching 22,479 Views by PrinceMario(m): 11:50pm On Aug 28, 2017
Immaculatesnow:

I am sorry to say this but Your a big goat if you started a youtube channel to make money, that is why Nigeria is a dead nation, do you think to make crappy videos or to talk about gossip on your channel and finally drive 3rd world country traffic like Nigeria or India will translate to mega bucks, please wake up and build your channel, that is if you have not killed it by posting crap every day and hoping money will fall on you, and FYI I started my own channel last month and I have made more that amount from my channel because I offer value on my channel and only USA guys visit it and buy from my eBay affiliate links plus my Adsense converts better than your own as I earn $1 per day from it with my constant 800 to 1000 views per day, I love my channel more than anything in the world that is why I am growing it rapidly, so if you like take my advice and grow your brand if you like call me names by quoting me.
Why not judge pass your info to the guy without insulting him. You sound incoherent throughout the junk you wrote up there. The big goat is you bro.
Sapiosexuality, don't dignify this idiot with a reply.

2 Likes

Re: Why Did My Youtube Video Earn Only $5 After Reaching 22,479 Views by Immaculatesnow(m): 5:53am On Aug 29, 2017
PrinceMario:
Why not judge pass your info to the guy without insulting him. You sound incoherent throughout the junk you wrote up there. The big goat is you bro.

You must be very stupid, never quote me if your not the OP goat.
Re: Why Did My Youtube Video Earn Only $5 After Reaching 22,479 Views by PrinceMario(m): 7:13am On Aug 29, 2017
Immaculatesnow:

You must be very stupid, never quote me if your not the OP goat.
What a frustrated soul you are. Give me your location and I'll give you the address of the closest lagoon to you. It's raining season, it'll be easier for you. Ode!
Re: Why Did My Youtube Video Earn Only $5 After Reaching 22,479 Views by fxtreme(m): 7:25am On Aug 29, 2017
PrinceMario:

Not to worry.

That's an emotionally unstable dude up there, venting his frustration on anything and anyone around. I'll rather sit back and let his attitude be his undoing in life.

Thanks bro.
Re: Why Did My Youtube Video Earn Only $5 After Reaching 22,479 Views by fxtreme(m): 7:42am On Aug 29, 2017
Sapiosexuality:
If you viewed my username you'd have seen that I ran videos on YouTube too but had to stop to save myself energy and time. You shouldn't give up yet. Try for another week or month and see how it goes. You need a lot of subscribers to make money with YouTube.

Thanks for the encouragement man. I really appreciate.

I just did a little research and found out other YouTubers who were making big bucks before now are complaining over a slash in AdSense earnings.

I'll make some tweaks and see how it goes till the end of the year before deciding to quit or not.

1 Like

Re: Why Did My Youtube Video Earn Only $5 After Reaching 22,479 Views by bedfordng(m): 2:55pm On Aug 29, 2017
fxtreme:

Thanks for the encouragement man. I really appreciate.

I just did a little research and found out other YouTubers who were making big bucks before now are complaining over a slash in AdSense earnings.

I'll make some tweaks and see how it goes till the end of the year before deciding to quit or not.
it takes patience to earn from youtube especially if your traffic only comes from naija. if you can find what people are searching on YouTube , then you have a gold mine but the question is how do I find what people are searching for on YouTube ?

(1) (Reply)

How To Make Money When People Recharge Their Phones And Pay Bills. / Custom Software For Your Business Needs / A Good But Simple Website

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.