Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,624 members, 7,820,211 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:28 AM

Consumer Price Index (CPI) Increased By 16.05 Percent In July '17-NBS - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Consumer Price Index (CPI) Increased By 16.05 Percent In July '17-NBS (3047 Views)

CBN Increases Money Supply By 16.3% In June 2023 / CPI Report For March 2020: A Steady Rise In Inflation To 12.26% / Kiakiagas Daily LPG (cooking Gas) Price Index (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Consumer Price Index (CPI) Increased By 16.05 Percent In July '17-NBS by froz(m): 4:18pm On Aug 28, 2017
The Consumer Price Index (CPI) which measures inflation increased by 16.05 percent (year-on-year) in July 2017. This was 0.05 percent points lower than the rate recorded in June (16.10) percent making it the sixth consecutive decline in the rate of headline year on year inflation since January 2017.

Increases were recorded in all COICOP divisions that yield the Headline Index.

On a month-on-month basis, the Headline index increased by 1.21 percent in July 2017, 0.37 percent points lower from the rate of 1.58 percent recorded in June. The percentage change in the average composite CPI for the twelve-month period ending in July 2017 over the average of the CPI for the previous twelve-month period was 17.47 percent, 0.11 percent point lower from 17.58 percent recorded in June 2017.

The Urban index rose by 16.04 percent (year-on-year) in July 2017, down by 0.11 percent point from 16.15 percent recorded in June, and the Rural index increased by 16.08 percent in July from 16.01 percent in June. On month-on-month basis, the urban index rose by 1.25 percent in July 2017, down by 0.35 percent point from 1.60 percent recorded in June, while the rural index rose by 1.18 percent in July 2017, down by 0.39 percent point from 1.57 percent in June.

The corresponding twelve month year-on-year average percentage change for the urban index increased from 18.69 percent in June to 18.43 percent in July, while the corresponding rural index also increased from 16.56 percent in June to 16.60 percent in July.

SOURCE: https://brandspurng.com/consumer-price-index-cpi-increased-by-16-05-percent-year-on-year-in-july-2017-nbs/

Re: Consumer Price Index (CPI) Increased By 16.05 Percent In July '17-NBS by Nobody: 6:48am On Aug 29, 2017
Interesting..
Re: Consumer Price Index (CPI) Increased By 16.05 Percent In July '17-NBS by enimooko: 7:26am On Aug 29, 2017
what does all these mean
Re: Consumer Price Index (CPI) Increased By 16.05 Percent In July '17-NBS by dotunbekro06(m): 7:27am On Aug 29, 2017
Nigeria

Home of consumers grin

1 Like

Re: Consumer Price Index (CPI) Increased By 16.05 Percent In July '17-NBS by Nobody: 7:27am On Aug 29, 2017
its still high...inflation plummeting the value of naira..and we are in a country where salaries are not indexed

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Consumer Price Index (CPI) Increased By 16.05 Percent In July '17-NBS by Kimberlykay(f): 7:28am On Aug 29, 2017
Re: Consumer Price Index (CPI) Increased By 16.05 Percent In July '17-NBS by OasisT: 7:29am On Aug 29, 2017
Getting out of recession gradually
Re: Consumer Price Index (CPI) Increased By 16.05 Percent In July '17-NBS by burkingx(f): 7:31am On Aug 29, 2017
cheesy

Re: Consumer Price Index (CPI) Increased By 16.05 Percent In July '17-NBS by kings09(m): 7:47am On Aug 29, 2017
If price of garri n rice fit increase, wat cannot increase. This buhari era is not just it. Oozing incompetence everyday n making things tough for the ordinary nigerians. But alas, tribalism n ethnic sentiments wont allow ppl think objectively. A northerner wont vote for a southerner cos of where he comea from no matter wat he has to offer.

Mehn, nigerians deserve wat they get. Any pity is bn wasted.

2 Likes

Re: Consumer Price Index (CPI) Increased By 16.05 Percent In July '17-NBS by lincolnj88: 8:02am On Aug 29, 2017
Consumer price index.. .is one of the index that portrays present conditions of consumers in relationships to their disposable income...
When prices of food keeps soaring up and disposable income remains stagnant... Even some govt don't even pay salaries despite aware of cpi is one the increase.. .

Africans just love smiling and suffering due to their sentimental politics.. . APC govt performance is just 10/100....they are total failure
Re: Consumer Price Index (CPI) Increased By 16.05 Percent In July '17-NBS by phranq(m): 8:06am On Aug 29, 2017
i don't know if i'm to say that there are very few comments of this thread.......one can boldy say that our youths or maybe nairalanders don't know how the economy works......except a few responses here.....CPI can Bleep GDP up
Re: Consumer Price Index (CPI) Increased By 16.05 Percent In July '17-NBS by lincolnj88: 8:09am On Aug 29, 2017
MicTayor:
its still high...inflation plummeting the value of naira..and we are in a country where salaries are not indexed
Salary does not necessarily need to be indexed.. But one can corelate his/her take home pay with cpi..
If cpi increased by 16% and your salary is still stagnant.. Then one can say is disposable income just got depreciated by 16% and his spending to be increased.. .Making mpc to increase and Mps to reduce
Re: Consumer Price Index (CPI) Increased By 16.05 Percent In July '17-NBS by Nobody: 8:29am On Aug 29, 2017
lincolnj88:

Salary does not necessarily need to be indexed.. But one can corelate his/her take home pay with cpi..
If cpi increased by 16% and your salary is still stagnant.. Then one can say is disposable income just got depreciated by 16% and his spending to be increased.. .Making mpc to increase and Mps to reduce
you are talking about correlation, i am talking about adjusting salaries to the new price level. The essence of indexing is to reduce the effects of inflation on workers' salaries.it is mostly done in the developed countries. But here in Nigeria, a worker can remain on 100k for years whereas a lot of things have changed, prices have gone high thus eroding the value or the purchasing power of static income.
Re: Consumer Price Index (CPI) Increased By 16.05 Percent In July '17-NBS by royalamour(m): 8:35am On Aug 29, 2017
Corrupt people NBS.

They demanded money for data just for me to get some data the other day.
Something that is free.
Re: Consumer Price Index (CPI) Increased By 16.05 Percent In July '17-NBS by chris31(m): 8:35am On Aug 29, 2017
Nairalanders PH branch i am in need of help i just relocated to ph having successfully completed Nysc & i need to get myself busy pls anyone willing to help me get a job i will appreciate a lot. Thanks my people
Re: Consumer Price Index (CPI) Increased By 16.05 Percent In July '17-NBS by bodejohn(m): 8:57am On Aug 29, 2017
I think inflation is slowing down on the relative stability of the price of commodities and energy because of stable forex.

Hopefully the weekly injection of dollars by the CBN will continue and state governments will start paying salaries regularly to stimulate the economy.
Re: Consumer Price Index (CPI) Increased By 16.05 Percent In July '17-NBS by captleonerd(m): 9:14am On Aug 29, 2017
kings09:
If price of garri n rice fit increase, wat cannot increase. This buhari era is not just it. Oozing incompetence everyday n making things tough for the ordinary nigerians. But alas, tribalism n ethnic sentiments wont allow ppl think objectively. A northerner wont vote for a southerner cos of where he comea from no matter wat he has to offer.

you are the tribalist. The northerners voted for obj in 2003 when buhari ran. They voted for Jonathan in 2011 against buhari again. Jonathan failed and he was kicked out. Get over the election loss and stop crying all over social media.

BTW we are voting out buhari in 2019.

1 Like

Re: Consumer Price Index (CPI) Increased By 16.05 Percent In July '17-NBS by lincolnj88: 10:06am On Aug 29, 2017
MicTayor:

you are talking about correlation, i am talking about adjusting salaries to the new price level. The essence of indexing is to reduce the effects of inflation on workers' salaries.it is mostly done in the developed countries. But here in Nigeria, a worker can remain on 100k for years whereas a lot of things have changed, prices have gone high thus eroding the value or the purchasing power of static income.
that's also my point bro.. . Adjusting salaries to new price level.. Just that I wasnt direct

1 Like

Re: Consumer Price Index (CPI) Increased By 16.05 Percent In July '17-NBS by davodyguy: 10:38am On Aug 29, 2017
froz:
The Consumer Price Index (CPI) which measures inflation increased by [b]16.05 [/b]percent (year-on-year) in July 2017. This was 0.05 percent points lower than the rate recorded in June (16.10) percent making it the sixth consecutive decline in the rate of headline year on year inflation since January 2017.

SOURCE: https://brandspurng.com/consumer-price-index-cpi-increased-by-16-05-percent-year-on-year-in-july-2017-nbs/

Some stupid people can't even write English properly.

It did not increase 'by' 16.5% rather, it reduced by 0.5% from where it was 16.10% as at June, 2017.

When you say something increased by something, it simply means A increased by A(A+A)=A2

What kind of Education do people receive these days?

When you say inflation increased by 16.05%, the direct meaning is that whatever it was before, 16.5% has been added to it. Whereas, it did not increase by anything, but rather reduced by 0.5%
Re: Consumer Price Index (CPI) Increased By 16.05 Percent In July '17-NBS by bakila: 11:22am On Aug 29, 2017
kings09:

That is the nature of Agric produce. Please take time to study or read threads on Agric produce, mostly those by Olayinkami and Davi8d. You will learn about the existance of business opportunities from the trend, which has existed since 1411 BC.
Re: Consumer Price Index (CPI) Increased By 16.05 Percent In July '17-NBS by bakila: 11:24am On Aug 29, 2017
davodyguy:

It did not increase 'by' 16.5% rather, it reduced by 0.5% from where it was 16.10% as at June, 2017.

When you say something increased by something, it simply means A increased by A(A+A)=A2

When you say inflation increased by 16.05%, the direct meaning is that whatever it was before, 16.5% has been added to it. Whereas, it did not increase by anything, but rather reduced by 0.5%

He wants to score off-side political point, only to display his ignorance.

1 Like

Re: Consumer Price Index (CPI) Increased By 16.05 Percent In July '17-NBS by bakila: 11:25am On Aug 29, 2017
captleonerd:
you are the tribalist. The northerners voted for obj in 2003 when buhari ran. They voted for Jonathan in 2011 against buhari again. Jonathan failed and he was kicked out. Get over the election loss and stop crying all over social media.

BTW we are voting out buhari in 2019.
For who?
Re: Consumer Price Index (CPI) Increased By 16.05 Percent In July '17-NBS by Nobody: 12:17pm On Aug 29, 2017
lincolnj88:
that's also my point bro.. . Adjusting salaries to new price level.. Just that I wasnt direct
okay bro.
Re: Consumer Price Index (CPI) Increased By 16.05 Percent In July '17-NBS by ewaek(m): 12:55pm On Aug 29, 2017
davodyguy:

See yourself?
A+A=2A. Now do you honestly think your education is any better?
Re: Consumer Price Index (CPI) Increased By 16.05 Percent In July '17-NBS by bigpicture001: 3:55pm On Aug 29, 2017
to d non economist in d haws, consumer price index is a data which in the real sense measures the purchasing power of consumers..so if it goes up..then people are purchasing more either because of reduced inflation,increased employment, increased salaries or increased confidence on the economy..so if we go by this report,it means nigerians are gradually getting thier confidence to spend back...!!!!! gud news!!!!

(1) (Reply)

Check Out What Smart Investors Did In The 90's You Can Learn From. / Find Out How To Calculate Fixed Deposit Rates. Is It Worth The Stress? / Steel Piling Sheet's Available For Sale In Lagos at N430,000 per sheet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.