Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,599 members, 7,816,488 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:52 AM

By DAN: Mention Positive Experiences You Had With Other Tribes And Cultures - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / By DAN: Mention Positive Experiences You Had With Other Tribes And Cultures (3296 Views)

Full List Of Niger Delta Tribes And Natural Resources (photo) / Why Igbo's Are Ahead Of Other Tribes In Nigeria, Obasanjo Speaks / Hausas, Igbos, Tivs And Other Tribes Hold Peace Meeting In Benue State. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

By DAN: Mention Positive Experiences You Had With Other Tribes And Cultures by ameri9ja: 6:58pm On Aug 28, 2017
DAN - Detribalised Association of Nigeria
Danite - member of DAN
Danist - pertaining to DAN

Hello everyone,

I am ameri9ja, founder of the Danist movement.
We would like to invite you to recount any positive experiences or relationships you have had with another tribe, culture, people or race. Though we prefer another Nigerian tribe, you don't have to limit it to Nigeria.
Also, please state what you admire about other tribes, cultures, peoples, or race.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
We are DANites members of DAN - Detribalised Association of Nigeria :
Danites are duty bound to: 
a) Make posts to challenge tribal bigotry. 
b) Make posts to challenge agitation to breakup Nigeria.
c) Like and share posts of other Danites.
d) Follow all listed Danites by clicking "follow" link on their profile page. 
5) If you wish to become a Danite you must first indicate interest to join or be nominated to join by a Danite. Then your moniker will be added only by a ranking Danite. Do not, under any circumstances , add your moniker yourself.
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
illuminated93, Addy003, 9japrof, Ikhilor, GQman, neocortex, TheHistorian, Shaytun, sirjerry, WORDWORLD, amanda2013, wetinconsignme, freshest4live, ameri9ja, Okoroawusa, onward4life, Almaheed, genbuhari, Axeman2, lonelydora, LoveMachine, darkckUSA, mrdashing10, henitan24, caseless, amah91, obaamah, ediss, maximunimpact, anonynymous, maxiflexy, reel14, Clean2016, isalegan2, ilekokonit, xtianh, drabeey, jumper524, mrmystro, ahmed99, royaluc, dongreat
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
Please copy and paste this part of the post to the bottom of your appropriate posts.
Join our email list as soon as you can by emailing: 
wetinconsignme@asia.com

3 Likes

Re: By DAN: Mention Positive Experiences You Had With Other Tribes And Cultures by kitaatita: 7:14pm On Aug 28, 2017
I am from South East. My wife is from a different ethnic group in the South South I live in Lagos and pay pay tax there. I'm happy with my life.

8 Likes

Re: By DAN: Mention Positive Experiences You Had With Other Tribes And Cultures by DOUBLEWAHALA: 7:39pm On Aug 28, 2017
this will be interesting am patiently waiting for dos dat have dated fulani or dos ones who had made them friends before to share dia testimony

I mean dos fulani dat is rearing cattle, ,,,,,,if u never frnd dem please don't quote me
Re: By DAN: Mention Positive Experiences You Had With Other Tribes And Cultures by ameri9ja: 7:41pm On Aug 28, 2017
kitaatita:
I am from South East. My wife is from a different ethnic group in the South South I live in Lagos and pay pay tax there. I'm happy with my life.

Hooorray! to u. My sister's best friend by far is a Yoruba MAN. Everybody knows100% that it is platonic. Our gatemen/security generationally have always been Hausas. It started with the current guy's great grandfather. We love them and they would give their lives for us.

7 Likes

Re: By DAN: Mention Positive Experiences You Had With Other Tribes And Cultures by WetinConsignMe: 7:58pm On Aug 28, 2017
ameri9ja:
Danite - member of DAN

Hello everyone,

I am ameri9ja, founder of the Danist movement.
We would like to invite you to recount any positive experiences or relationships you have had with another tribe, culture, people or race. Though we prefer another Nigerian tribe, you don't have to limit it to Nigeria.
Also, please state what you admire about other tribes, cultures, peoples, or race.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
We are DANites members of DAN - Detribalised Association of Nigeria :
Danites are duty bound to: 
a) Make posts to challenge tribal bigotry. 
b) Make posts to challenge agitation to breakup Nigeria.
c) Like and share posts of other Danites.
d) Follow all listed Danites by clicking "follow" link on their profile page. 
5) If you wish to become a Danite you must first indicate interest to join or be nominated to join by a Danite. Then your moniker will be added only by a ranking Danite. Do not, under any circumstances , add your moniker yourself.
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
illuminated93, Addy003, 9japrof, Ikhilor, GQman, neocortex, TheHistorian, Shaytun, sirjerry, WORDWORLD, amanda2013, wetinconsignme, freshest4live, ameri9ja, Okoroawusa, onward4life, Almaheed, genbuhari, Axeman2, lonelydora, LoveMachine, darkckUSA, mrdashing10, henitan24, caseless, amah91, obaamah, ediss, maximunimpact, anonynymous, maxiflexy, reel14, Clean2016, isalegan2, ilekokonit, xtianh, drabeey, jumper524, mrmystro, ahmed99, royaluc, dongreat
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
Please copy and paste this part of the post to the bottom of your appropriate posts.
Join our email list as soon as you can by emailing: 
wetinconsignme@asia.com

Personally, I admire the Yoruba's multi-layered and in-depth culture. They like money just as much as my people but they seem to devote more time for art, culture, enjoyment. Also, my first poppy crush was a yoruba girl (though I never approached her). As for hausas, I admire their non-materialism, though, honestly, I don't quite understand it. I don't know how they can be so quite content with so little.

3 Likes

Re: By DAN: Mention Positive Experiences You Had With Other Tribes And Cultures by RoyalUc(m): 8:05pm On Aug 28, 2017
kitaatita:

1. Some years back. WAEC sent me to Orimedu in Epe LGA for my GCE. I had never been there, so naturally was worried, guess what. I was well taken care throughout my stay there.
First. A young man who was related to someone who managed the guest house by the beach accomodated me for some days for free in the guest house. After some days, another family, just behind the guest house took me in. Yet another famoly showered so much love on me, though I didn't stay with them, but they were so kind to me. Till today, I long to go back there because I miss them so much.

2. I started my education pursuit through Pre-ND in FEDPOKO, Ufuma campus. I was admitted but could not raise my school fees on time and so was rejected in the dept. I went to my HoD, an Igbo lady, who took it upon herself to clear me in the dept though it was not her place to do so. While there, several 'uncles' took care of me, including the late Deputy Rector, fmr ASUP President, fmr president-Gen., Isuochi (I can't remember the asso.'s name) on so many others not forgeting my wonderful friends and classmates.

Nigeria is indeed blessed with many wonderful people. Just that our politicians had succeeded in inciting us against ourselves to distract us while they feed fat from our ignorance.

Nigeria! Good people...great Nation!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: By DAN: Mention Positive Experiences You Had With Other Tribes And Cultures by RoyalUc(m): 8:07pm On Aug 28, 2017
1. Some years back. WAEC sent me to Orimedu in Epe LGA for my GCE. I had never been there, so naturally was worried, guess what. I was well taken care throughout my stay there.
First. A young man who was related to someone who managed the guest house by the beach accomodated me for some days for free in the guest house. After some days, another family, just behind the guest house took me in. Yet another famoly showered so much love on me, though I didn't stay with them, but they were so kind to me. Till today, I long to go back there because I miss them so much.

2. I started my education pursuit through Pre-ND in FEDPOKO, Ufuma campus. I was admitted but could not raise my school fees on time and so was rejected in the dept. I went to my HoD, an Igbo lady, who took it upon herself to clear me in the dept though it was not her place to do so. While there, several 'uncles' took care of me, including the late Deputy Rector, fmr ASUP President, fmr president-Gen., Isuochi (I can't remember the asso.'s name) on so many others not forgeting my wonderful friends and classmates.

Nigeria is indeed blessed with many wonderful people. Just that our politicians had succeeded in inciting us against ourselves to distract us while they feed fat from our ignorance.

2 Likes

Re: By DAN: Mention Positive Experiences You Had With Other Tribes And Cultures by ameri9ja: 8:07pm On Aug 28, 2017
DOUBLEWAHALA:
this will be interesting am patiently waiting for dos dat have dated fulani or dos ones who had made them friends before to share dia testimony

I mean dos fulani dat is rearing cattle, ,,,,,,if u never frnd dem please don't quote me

Fulani herds men is a recent phenomenon. Fulani girls have always been acknowleged the most beautiful (from what I hear). In my area there is a certain family that has "beautiful" features (straight nose, high cheek bones). The story is that their great grandfather was a fulani man who settled in Igbo land.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: By DAN: Mention Positive Experiences You Had With Other Tribes And Cultures by ameri9ja: 8:16pm On Aug 28, 2017
RoyalUc:

Yeah, that's one thing I admire about my people -they are always kind to the stranger in their midst - sometimes more than their own kin. As for 9ja, don't worry, Nigeria shall be great! If they stay together, it is only a matter of time. Just by their size, they are already halfway there

5 Likes

Re: By DAN: Mention Positive Experiences You Had With Other Tribes And Cultures by nabiz(m): 8:17pm On Aug 28, 2017
I love Yorubas the only problem I had with the was based on what people told me about them as it concerns trust. My parents thought me never to trust a yoruber man and grew up with that hatred. Having traveled about to about 28 states in Nigeria and seen on line how Igbo and Yorubas share hatred, one day I sat down with pen to write down where and where Yoruba man has offended me, but to be sincere I found little or non compared to what I have benefited from them. They are very good people though with little bad one.

From my observation, I found out that the hatred between Igbo and Yorubas is based on what our father told us.

I want to challenge every Igbo man and Yoruba man to take a pen to write down the bad Yoruba or Igbo have down to you personally not base what people told you, and believe me you will fine non.

I have learnt that most my brothers that hate the yorubas are people who never have in contact with them and still believe on what people told us.

I have also observed another problem. A Yoruba man loves his language that he uses it even in a public place which some time and Igbo man may think that they are been discussed

An Igbo man is very emotional and open that

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: By DAN: Mention Positive Experiences You Had With Other Tribes And Cultures by ameri9ja: 8:23pm On Aug 28, 2017
WetinConsignMe:

Personally, I admire the Yoruba's multi-layered and in-depth culture. They like money just as much as my people but they seem to devote more time for art, culture, enjoyment. Also, my first poppy crush was a yoruba girl (though I never approached her). As for hausas, I admire their non-materialism, though, honestly, I don't quite understand it. I don't know how they can be so quite content with so little.

What I admire about Yoruba is their accomodating spirit. Have u ever heard Yorubas giving headache to Igbos like the Hausas despite the fact Igbos own large chunks of their lands. Even in the 60's you never heard of yorubas killing igbos or telling them to go.

9 Likes

Re: By DAN: Mention Positive Experiences You Had With Other Tribes And Cultures by ameri9ja: 8:33pm On Aug 28, 2017
nabiz:
I love Yorubas the only problem I had with the was based on what people told me about them as it concerns trust. My parents thought me never to trust a yoruber man and grew up with that hatred. Having traveled about to about 28 states in Nigeria and seen on line how Igbo and Yorubas share hatred, one day I sat down with pen to write down where and where Yoruba man has offended me, but to be sincere I found little or non compared to what I have benefited from them. They are very good people though with little bad one.

From my observation, I found out that the hatred between Igbo and Yorubas is based on what our father told us.

I want to challenge every Igbo man and Yoruba man to take a pen to write down the bad Yoruba or Igbo have down to you personally not base what people told you, and believe me you will fine non.

I have learnt that most my brothers that hate the yorubas are people who never have in contact with them and still believe on what people told us.

I have also observed another problem. A Yoruba man loves his language that he uses it even in a public place which some time and Igbo man may think that they are been discussed

An Igbo man is very emotional and open that

EXACTLY!! EXACTLY!!!EXACTLY!!!!! WAO! YOU NAILED IT MY BROTHER!!!!

I bet u that's where NK's hatred for Yorubas stems from - what he was told!! I bet u he never lived with them or interacted with them. Probably grew up in the East then went to London. You can't live with and interact with the people day to day and still hate them - impossicant!

5 Likes

Re: By DAN: Mention Positive Experiences You Had With Other Tribes And Cultures by nabiz(m): 8:36pm On Aug 28, 2017

An average Igbo man is very emotional and open that he badly pretend. If an Igbo man hate u you will notice it immediately. We love to dominate or lead, but a Yoruba man is more diplomatic in nature. He can easily control his temper but very secretive

Believe me I am also guilty of this hatred and that was based on what people told me. Yoruba people are good people, though my personal observation.

But I love a united state of Nigeria where each state controls her destiny but except that, GIVE ME BIAFRA AND I WILL LAY DOWN MY LIFE TO GIVE IT TO MY CHILDREN. JUSTICE AND PEACE IS THE BEST GIFT I CAN GIVE TO MY CHILDREN

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: By DAN: Mention Positive Experiences You Had With Other Tribes And Cultures by EmeeNaka: 8:39pm On Aug 28, 2017
There are good and bad people among all ethnic groups in Nigeria. We should shun stereotypes, so that we can move forward.
I have had a lot of positive treatments from members of different ethnic groups in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: By DAN: Mention Positive Experiences You Had With Other Tribes And Cultures by british9ja: 9:15pm On Aug 28, 2017
am I allowed to post my negative experiences?
I have lots of those

1 Like

Re: By DAN: Mention Positive Experiences You Had With Other Tribes And Cultures by Iykmann(m): 9:24pm On Aug 28, 2017
DOUBLEWAHALA:

I 'm currently dating a Fulani girl from yola,but she' afraid because their people hate seeing them with igbos

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: By DAN: Mention Positive Experiences You Had With Other Tribes And Cultures by DOUBLEWAHALA: 9:41pm On Aug 28, 2017
Iykmann:
I 'm currently dating a Fulani girl from yola,but she' afraid because their people hate seeing them with igbos
the trend said u should say something nice
I want somebori to say sometin nice about cattle rearing fulani people

1 Like

Re: By DAN: Mention Positive Experiences You Had With Other Tribes And Cultures by mpianya39(m): 10:26pm On Aug 28, 2017
I don show angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: By DAN: Mention Positive Experiences You Had With Other Tribes And Cultures by frleopardo: 12:05am On Aug 29, 2017
I love yoruba Christians. My only problem with them is the Yoruba Muslims. I don't know why they love kissing hausa-fulani ass.

3 Likes

Re: By DAN: Mention Positive Experiences You Had With Other Tribes And Cultures by WetinConsignMe: 2:01am On Aug 29, 2017
frleopardo:
I love yoruba Christians. My only problem with them is the Yoruba Muslims. I don't know why they love kissing hausa-fulani ass.

Notice how Yorubas have both moslems and christians and they live peacefully within the same tribe? I doubt if Igbos can do same. I know definitely Hausas can't.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: By DAN: Mention Positive Experiences You Had With Other Tribes And Cultures by kn23h(m): 2:09am On Aug 29, 2017
I love Yoruba muslims.

I love Yoruba business skills.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: By DAN: Mention Positive Experiences You Had With Other Tribes And Cultures by ajepako(f): 6:20am On Aug 29, 2017
I am a staunch believer that there are good and bad people in all ethnic groups and so l refrain from exhibiting bias because of the character of a few bad ones.. Here is my view on a few ethnic groups..

As an omoluabi Yoruba, l view Hausa people as.. Very open, hospitable, warm, extremely generous and unpretentious about their feelings towards you

The lgbos are very hardworking, enterprising, industrious and creative.. They also help each other and they never beg on the street..
Niger Deltans are very funny, unpretentious and very assertive.
All in all, Nigerians are great people

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: By DAN: Mention Positive Experiences You Had With Other Tribes And Cultures by kn23h(m): 6:27am On Aug 29, 2017
ajepako:
I am a staunch believer that there are good and bad people in all ethnic groups and so l refrain from exhibiting bias because of the character of a few bad ones.. Here is my view on a few ethnic groups..

As an omoluabi Yoruba, l view Hausa people as.. Very open, hospitable, warm, extremely generous and unpretentious about their feelings towards you

The lgbos are very hardworking, enterprising, industrious and creative.. They also help each other and they never beg on the street..
Niger Deltans are very funny, unpretentious and very assertive.
All in all, Nigerians are great people

I get annoyed when Yorubas help perpetuate this false stereotype of Ibos.

Tell Ibos to name the industries and companies they have.....we're not talking 2x2 corner shops.

I'm sure you're just repeating what you hear them saying about themselves.

Tell me which Ibo companies can match these Yoruba enterprising companies..... https://www.nairaland.com/3918290/yorubas-most-industriousrichest-educated-tribe

If I ask you what you think about your tribe, you go say "we're very accommodating"..... who wan chop accommodating? Madam wake up.

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: By DAN: Mention Positive Experiences You Had With Other Tribes And Cultures by Nobody: 7:50am On Aug 29, 2017
Welcome back supreme leader.!
Hope you are feeling much better now after your medical vacation in London. tongue wink

@topic
I am not Yoruba, and admire Yoruba love for their culture and language. They are amongst the rare Africans who has not allowed imported religions to influence the names they give themselves.

I am not Hausa, and I love the beauty of Hausa Fulani women. I love Hausa for giving us suya. I also love their preservation of powerful ancient royal traditional rulers who wield great power.
ameri9ja:
Danite - member of DAN

Hello everyone,.
.____________________
We are DANites members of DAN - Detribalised Association of Nigeria
We support one Nigeria :
DANites are duty bound to
a) make posts to challenge tribal bigotry,

b) make posts to challenge agitation to breakup Nigeria,

c) like and share posts of other DANite and others from detribalised Nigerians .

d) Add to list of Danites detribalised and anti-breakup peeps.

e) Follow all listed Danites by clicking "follow" link on their profile page. You get to profile page go to url: Nairaland.com/moniker e.g.
www.nairaland.com/genbuhari or simply click on GenBuhari moniker

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
illuminated93, Addy003, 9japrof, Ikhilor, GQman, neocortex, TheHistorian, Shaytun, sirjerry, WORDWORLD, amanda2013, wetinconsignme, freshest4live, ameri9ja, Okoroawusa, onward4life, Almaheed, genbuhari, Axeman2, lonelydora, LoveMachine, darkckUSA, mrdashing10, henitan24, caseless, amah91, obaamah, ediss, maximunimpact, anonynymous, maxiflexy, reel14, Clean2016, isalegan2, ilekokonit, xtianh, drabeey, jumper524, mrmystro, ahmed99, royaluc, dongreat, winterfell007, ajepako, afobear, nukualofa, quotasystem, nabiz, deleyi20, mujtahida, stagger, menxer
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
Please copy this block of text and save it on your PC and then paste it to bottom of your posts.

Join our email list by emailing: wetinconsignme@asia.com as soon as possible .
If you want to become a Danite, indicate your interest and you would be added to list by an active established member.
Re: By DAN: Mention Positive Experiences You Had With Other Tribes And Cultures by kn23h(m): 8:00am On Aug 29, 2017
I love the Ibos for always trying to complete with Yorubas. No matter their failure, they keep trying to pull Yorubas down in their envious and diabolical manner.

I love Yorubas for still ACCOMMODATING them in LAGOS, IBADAN, OGUN and other SW locations.

3 Likes

Re: By DAN: Mention Positive Experiences You Had With Other Tribes And Cultures by mpianya39(m): 8:09am On Aug 29, 2017
frleopardo:

And they are Sabo to yoruba christians angry angry angry

Too bad just because of hausa-fulani hairy ass

3 Likes

Re: By DAN: Mention Positive Experiences You Had With Other Tribes And Cultures by kn23h(m): 8:13am On Aug 29, 2017
mpianya39:

And they are Sabo to yoruba christians angry angry angry

Too bad just because of hausa-fulani hairy ass

I love the Ibos for being noisy Odibo to the Yoruba clan.

1 Like

Re: By DAN: Mention Positive Experiences You Had With Other Tribes And Cultures by mpianya39(m): 8:19am On Aug 29, 2017
kn23h:

I love the Ibos for being noisy Odibo to the Yoruba clan.

Any harvest today grin grin grin

You no what I mean wink

4 Likes

Re: By DAN: Mention Positive Experiences You Had With Other Tribes And Cultures by kn23h(m): 8:23am On Aug 29, 2017
mpianya39:

Any harvest today grin grin grin

You no what I mean wink

It seems like you're looking to buy a harvest for your nkwobi soup.

Ajepako is this the 'industrious' street rat you're talking about?

1 Like

Re: By DAN: Mention Positive Experiences You Had With Other Tribes And Cultures by mpianya39(m): 8:37am On Aug 29, 2017
kn23h:

It seems like you're looking to buy a harvest for your nkwobi soup.

Ajepako is this the 'industrious' street rat you're talking about?

Where is that your idp camp located grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: By DAN: Mention Positive Experiences You Had With Other Tribes And Cultures by kn23h(m): 8:43am On Aug 29, 2017
mpianya39:

Where is that your idp camp located grin grin grin

Ebonyi state....the IDP camp in the Ibo South.

http://www.newsbreakers.ng/ebonyi-idps-receive-relief-state-government/

1 Like

Re: By DAN: Mention Positive Experiences You Had With Other Tribes And Cultures by mpianya39(m): 8:45am On Aug 29, 2017
kn23h:

Ebonyi state....the IDP camp in the Ibo South.

http://www.newsbreakers.ng/ebonyi-idps-receive-relief-state-government/

Ogbomosho republic answer my question or.... angry

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

BREAKING; Cambridge Speaks On Buhari's WAEC Certificate Saga / Pictures From Pmbs Rally In Anambra. It Was Good. / See The Rolls Royce Hearse Replica Used During Dino Melaye’s Late Mom's Burial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.