Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,214 members, 7,818,725 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:03 PM

Oluwo: Ibadan New Monarchs Are ‘honorary’ Obas Says Oluwo - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Oluwo: Ibadan New Monarchs Are ‘honorary’ Obas Says Oluwo (479 Views)

Abdulfatai Coker: Yoruba Monarchs In North Not Accorded Respect / 5 Nigerian Monarchs That Own A Rolls Royce (see Photos) / Ibadan 21 Obas: Olubadan ‘ll Reconcile With Ajimobi, Says Oluwo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Oluwo: Ibadan New Monarchs Are ‘honorary’ Obas Says Oluwo by Wemimoigida: 12:00pm On Aug 29, 2017
The head of Afobaje family in Ibadan land, Chief Wahab Popoola, has said that the 21 new Obas, who were installed on Sunday, are like ‘honorary’ kings.

He explained that no special rites were performed on them as the white paper that led to the installation was explicit about it.

Throwing his weight behind the decision of the state government, the Afobaje who is also regarded as the Oluwo, noted that the new kings posed no threat to the authority of the Olubadan.

In an interview with Punch, he said that instead of performing the rites that were always done before an Olubadan would be crowned, the new kings only required his blessing because they were “honorary kings.”
Because They Are ‘Honorary’ Obas

He said, “I did what I had to do during the enthronement of the kings. I blessed them as the Oluwo Afobaje of Ibadan land. There are no special rites performed because they are like honorary kings. The White Paper that established the kings is explicit enough. The governor did this to change the status of the high chiefs and the baales. There is nothing to it more than that.”

Popoola added that the white paper stated that any of the new kings that disrespected the Olubadan would be punished.

“The White Paper, which I have seen, stated clearly that the Olubadan is the highest ranking king in Ibadan and that any of the new kings that disrespects him shall be sanctioned. This means that the power and the authority of the Olubadan

1 Share

Re: Oluwo: Ibadan New Monarchs Are ‘honorary’ Obas Says Oluwo by WorldRichest: 12:24pm On Aug 29, 2017
The useless governor will now start using the state money to pay "honourary kings" that do nothing while the state university has been locked for about a year due to non payment of salary by the useless governor.

(1) (Reply)

Ibadan New Kings Distance Themselves From Ladoja's Suit / You Are Wearing Fake Crowns- Olubadan Tells 21 Newly Crowned Kings Of Ibadan / How Do You Manage Difficult Aunties?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.