Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,826 members, 7,820,908 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:55 AM

Writing Prompt: Use The First Line To Continue A Story - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Writing Prompt: Use The First Line To Continue A Story (1189 Views)

My Son My Man- A Story / A Lonely Heart (A Story) / "No Pleasure For Dead Girls" A Story By Mancrimes.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Writing Prompt: Use The First Line To Continue A Story by Divepen1(m): 12:08pm On Aug 29, 2017
I’ll drop three first lines pick one and start writing, non-stop

First Line 1: The boat capsized and the people began to struggle for their lives

First Line 2: She sank into the chair and gaped at him.

First Line 3: He just knew there was something wrong especially when the rain refused to stop

http://writertain.com/2017/08/29/writing-prompt-3-first-lines/
Re: Writing Prompt: Use The First Line To Continue A Story by Nobody: 12:46pm On Aug 29, 2017
He just knew there was something wrong especially when the rain refused to stop.
It had begun suddenly with no prior warning.

A day which minutes ago, had been clear and full of life was suddenly transformed into darkness by a violent, raging storm.

After waiting several minutes under a shed and the rain showed no signs of abating, He decided to brave it and make a dash for home

He ran blindly, stumbling at times and he was thoroughly drenched, but He had to get home. He had been feeling uneasy after he'd stormed out following a particularly explosive argument he'd had with Moni in the morning.

Getting home, He met the front door locked. 'Moni!!', he called out, rapping loudly on the door at the same time. There was no reply.

After doing this for some time, He made His way to the back, He would call out to Her through the bedroom window.

Perhaps, She was fast asleep.

He frowned slightly on sighting the wide-open bedroom window. This is so unlike Moni , He thought.

'Moni' ,He called softly, looking into the room at the same time.

What He saw made His heart stop...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Writing Prompt: Use The First Line To Continue A Story by yhungbrowhne(m): 9:01pm On Aug 29, 2017
The boat capsized and the people began to struggle for their lives.

The student of joy international, were going on an excursion, to the famous river Niger. where the brave man Mungo park lost his life. as part of there Semester practical.

they set out in the morning with the hope of making the trip interesting and unforgettable. the journey started smoothly without any day. getting to there destination before 12pm the children where happy seeing the river they've been hearing about.

the student, teacher and the instructor where jam pack on a single boat. the cold breeze and the sandy sand make it interesting as the student where waw by what thy say. starting the journey from the shore of the river to the middle is stress free, not until heavy wind start blowing and make the boat capsized and everybody Start struggling for there life. before the rescue team could get to them all life of the student teacher and boat instructor have been cut short.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Writing Prompt: Use The First Line To Continue A Story by Ksslib(m): 1:18am On Aug 30, 2017
Before the rescue team could get to them, all lives of the students, teachers and boat instructors had been cut short.

The rescue team got to the scene very late when everyhwere was already dark and were welcomed by floating bodies of little children circling quietly on the water surface like weightless toys. Most of them lay face-down, arms spread wide out open like they were trying to swim before the water defeated them. Some died, their back on the water, arms stretched out in a tight grip, like they were trying to grab a ladder that descended from the sky.

Two kids, a boy and girl, still held their tiny hands together even as their lifeless body danced to the rhythm of the ocean winds trying to separate them.

Another girl floated alongside her stick sweet. Any direction the wind swayed her, so did her candy.

The rescue team, often professionally trained for situations like these, seemed too struck by the scene in front of them that none of the six man crew attempted to do anything. They all just watched in silence. No one said a word or moved.

Pencils, books and soaked torn pieces of papers that contained amateur cartoon drawings, crayon paintings and funny sentences scribbled in funny handwriting littered everywhere.

The wind slowly blew one of these papers past their boat.

"I love my mummy and Daddy" it read. The handwriting looked funny as that of every child not concerned about the way their writing looked, but excited that they can now write love letters to mummy and daddy.

The rescue team, as if scared of touching the bodies, started picking the pencils, books and torn pieces of papers one by one, carefully avoiding the bodies. All this, they did quietly, no one speaking to the other.

"Her, it could have been my daughter" one of the rescue team member broke the silence, pointing to the candy girl.

"Or him, him, her, her" she began pointing at all the children.

No one replied. They just continued picking the papers, books and pencils in silence.

"Or even her". Another crew member broke the silence, pointing to a little girl drifting far far away from the rest.

They drove the boat towards her. She died face-down on water like most of her classmates. She looked smaller than all of them, probably the youngest. One of the crew members scanned her from head to toe with a look of pity and regret, touched her hair, and hesistated a little before he bent over and flipped her lifeless body upside-down to reveal her face.

Staring into blank space with dead white eyes, was the scariest and most shocking thing any of them had ever seen.

A dead, smiling face. Teeth in full display.

You could tell all of them were confused as they gave eachother a questioning look.

"What's that?" asked one of them, gesturing to an object floating towards them.

All of them were beginning to feel uneasy, almost everyone - for the first time - began to take notice of their environment, looking front, left, right and back.

"It's her bag", one of them killed the tension as he picked it up, a picture of a yellow pokemon drawn on the back, water bottle strapped to the side.

Inside, was a squeezed piece of paper, pencil and sharpener. He unfolded the paper but couldn't make anything of the crayon writing. He flattened the paper on his lap to get a better look. He could see it clearly now: a little kid's handwriting.

"We are all going to die. It will kill us all" , he paused and looked at the crew members who looked back at him like he just cracked a bad Jesus joke.

"and kill you too", he continued, reading it this time around one word at a time.....slowly. "It is watching" .

There was a long pause. All of them looked at eachother, then back to the girl together, almost as if it was rehearsed. The guy holding the piece of paper felt his right hand instantly become weak. The paper began to tremble in his hands like he was carrying a bag of cement one-handed.

Alongside the writing, was an amateur cartoonish, crayon sketch - something a kid would draw: bodies of little children floating on water, a rescue boat with six crew members on board, one of them holding a squeezed paper.

6 Likes

Re: Writing Prompt: Use The First Line To Continue A Story by Slimberry123(f): 10:20am On Aug 30, 2017
She sank into the chair and gasp at him. Is this a dream, yes it has to be. "And for your information, if any of this get out, be rest assured you will join him there too" the other voice in the room continued. "Now, get the hell out of my house". Moni speechlessly sprang up and scurried out of the room. This is more than she can take, why is everything happening now, hell, this is more than anyone can take. She suddenly become weak, her vision blurred and two seconds later, everything becomes blank and she collapsed.

2 Likes

Re: Writing Prompt: Use The First Line To Continue A Story by piroux(f): 11:45am On Aug 30, 2017
She sank into the chair and gaped at him……..

She didn’t believe he could do this to her after 6 years of convincing her that she had nothing to worry about, that he would wait no matter how long it took, that they could always adopt, then this.

“Stop looking at my son like that!” His mother shouted. “Isn’t it your fault he had to go outside? Is it his fault you aren’t woman enough to do what even goats do? Ordinary miscarriage you cannot have…. Shioor….Okunrin ninu obinrin!!” She finished derisively.

All through Busayo just stood by the door wringing his hands together like an innocent child, pleading with his eyes, the presence of his 3 years old twins proof of his fake promises year after year and his lies from the pit of hell.

Her father-in- law sat quietly beside his older daughter and his wife who he let take the reins as usual. On her beautiful three seater sat her other sister -in-law with the iyawo and twins- who looked remarkably like her husband- she was supposed to accept with arms wide open.

She couldn’t fight, she was weak, broken, disillusioned. He was the one person who had given her strength through this journey of searching for a child and now to leave her like this, naked, alone, betrayed and horribly let down.

Then she buried her tears and broken heart like a woman and smiled at all of them like the good wife they expected her to be,

“Thank you my in laws, you have done what elders should do. Welcome to the family Bolajoko…” and facing the children “welcome Taiwo and Kehinde, may God bless all of us and bring more children into this home oh”

“Amen!” Her father and sisters- in- law chorused enthusiastically, Bolajoko smiled in relief and her mother in law nodded in approval, seemingly pacified. Only her husband looked shocked and it was to him she gave the look…

Enjoy this moment of peace, her eyes said, for they will not last……

5 Likes

Re: Writing Prompt: Use The First Line To Continue A Story by Gabrendo(m): 1:12pm On Aug 30, 2017
piroux:
She sank into the chair and gaped at him……..

She didn’t believe he could do this to her after 6 years of convincing her that she had nothing to worry about, that he would wait no matter how long it took, that they could always adopt, then this.

“Stop looking at my son like that!” His mother shouted. “Isn’t it your fault he had to go outside? Is it his fault you aren’t woman enough to do what even goats do? Ordinary miscarriage you cannot have…. Shioor….Okunrin ninu obinrin!!” She finished derisively.

All through Busayo just stood by the door wringing his hands together like an innocent child, pleading with his eyes, the presence of his 3 years old twins proof of his fake promises year after year and his lies from the pit of hell.

Her father-in- law sat quietly beside his older daughter and his wife who he let take the reins as usual. On her beautiful three seater sat her other sister -in-law with the iyawo and twins- who looked remarkably like her husband- she was supposed to accept with arms wide open.

She couldn’t fight, she was weak, broken, disillusioned. He was the one person who had given her strength through this journey of searching for a child and now to leave her like this, naked, alone, betrayed and horribly let down.

Then she buried her tears and broken heart like a woman and smiled at all of them like the good wife they expected her to be,

“Thank you my in laws, you have done what elders should do. Welcome to the family Bolajoko…” and facing the children “welcome Taiwo and Kehinde, may God bless all of us and bring more children into this home oh”

“Amen!” Her father and sisters- in- law chorused enthusiastically, Bolajoko smiled in relief and her mother in law nodded in approval, seemingly pacified. Only her husband looked shocked and it was to him she gave the look…

Enjoy this moment of peace, her eyes said, for they will not last……

"I'm not moving to the guest room for her..." I heaved my voice against his whisper. "Please dear you have to understand..." Busayo's whisper thickened. "Understand what?" I retorted angrily. "You are a disgrace to husbands. Ehm Busayo! Have you forgotten so soon?"

"Where then do you want them to stay?" The tone of his voice depicts, he was getting infuriated and that was what I wanted.

"They can sleep outside for all I care... See Busayo you married me legally. I am not going to allow one prostitute take over my matrimonial home... A home I built and I've maintained for years. Tufiakwa..." I spoke dramatically. "See Lara I've been patient with you. Don't make me lose that patience..." He spoke calmly like a typical pacifist Busayo. For a moment I was drawn to concede but snaps out of it and spoke erratically opposite: "They said that a man that stops wearing trousers and starts wearing skirts, should beware of the consequences that comes with it... I am not the gullible woman you married years ago. This fight eehn there are no winners only people fighting..."

He angrily walked out of the room and aggressively slammed the door behind him...

2 Likes

Re: Writing Prompt: Use The First Line To Continue A Story by Dracoe(m): 1:37pm On Aug 30, 2017
Criis:
He just knew there was something wrong especially when the rain refused to stop.
It had begun suddenly with no prior warning.

A day which minutes ago, had been clear and full of life was suddenly transformed into darkness by a violent, raging storm.

After waiting several minutes under a shed and the rain showed no signs of abating, He decided to brave it and make a dash for home

He ran blindly, stumbling at times and he was thoroughly drenched, but He had to get home. He had been feeling uneasy after he'd stormed out following a particularly explosive argument he'd had with Moni in the morning.

Getting home, He met the front door locked. 'Moni!!', he called out, rapping loudly on the door at the same time. There was no reply.

After doing this for some time, He made His way to the back, He would call out to Her through the bedroom window.

Perhaps, She was fast asleep.

He frowned slightly on sighting the wide-open bedroom window. This is so unlike Moni , He thought.

'Moni' ,He called softly, looking into the room at the same time.

What He saw made His heart stop...

What he saw made his heart stop ; the rain falling down heavily he perceived no more; his senses all put in a state of absolute stasis and then for a split second everything around him were in perfect tranquility.

Rrraaaaarrrrggggggggh!!!!!!!, the sudden scream of a being emanating from the bedroom, coming at him with full throttle jerked him back to reality as he hit his leg on a protruding iron from the floor and fell down with his back on the ground ; Bang! bang!! bang!!! ;bang! bang!! bang!!! the creature continued to hit the burglary guarding the window as if meaning to break it down.

All this happened while he was still on the floor with his mouth wide opened trying to fathom what he had just seen, his mind was in a deep state of confusion;'Grrrhhhhhhhh' grrrrrrhhhhhh the sound coming from the creature who had now breached the burglary with a 4 ft long iron it tore out from the burglary in it's right hand,... Rrraaarrrrgggggh, it screamed,coming directly for him, taking one step at a time. His heart was now racing faster than light's speed;his soul weighed heavier than a million pounds ,his body shivering and his skin almost turned white.

He could feel the adrenaline rush through his body, but 'No' he couldn't do a thing he was scared down to the pits of hell, fear had finally overcome his struggle for existence, his instincts failed him, this was it ;he was going to die a cold, mean and lonely death.Then with one last step, the creature finally made it to him, raising his hand to skies, attempting to drive the iron through him ;he closed his eyes and said his last prayers and then everything went dark....

Speeew!!!, the sound of blade tearing through flesh;blood scattered for yards across the floor, gushing out uncontrollably from the neck, he could feel his body getting colder, drifting into oblivion and then that adrenaline rush revitalizing his body, with one last hope, he opened his eyes, there he saw... the head of the creature lying bodyless next to him, it's mouth wide opened with thick black blood oozing from it.He then ransacked his hands through his body, trying to make sure he was still alive; to his utmost surprise, he was.'This must be a miracle' he said in his mind

He then looked up thrown in a state confusion,with the rain still hitting hard on him, and then... there she was, a figure staring at him, holding an axe to her right hand, with blood all over her face. After some intense gaze, he finally knew who it was..... It was Moni, she just saved his life.

"Mother did this, she did this, she ingested something called the ' tethys serum' to end her life, but instead it turned her into this, into this things, and then she created more, she created more of herself, she's passed it through the towns water supply already , this town would be crawling with more of this creatures in no time. She created this things, she created zombies, mother created Zombies".... Moni murmured as she fell to her feet.

This was the most dreadful thing he had ever heard, 'Zombies '. He just stood still trying to process all what he just heard. Little did he know that the worst was yet to come;this indeed was the beginning of the end.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Writing Prompt: Use The First Line To Continue A Story by Gabrendo(m): 2:23pm On Aug 30, 2017
Ksslib:
Before the rescue team could get to them, all lives of the students, teachers and boat instructors had been cut short.

The rescue team got to the scene very late when everyhwere was already dark and were welcomed by floating bodies of little children circling quietly on the water surface like weightless toys. Most of them lay face-down, arms spread wide out open like they were trying to swim before the water defeated them. Some died, their back on the water, arms stretched out in a tight grip, like they were trying to grab a ladder that descended from the sky.

Two kids, a boy and girl, still held their tiny hands together even as their lifeless body danced to the rhythm of the ocean winds trying to separate them.

Another girl floated alongside her stick sweet. Any direction the wind swayed her, so did her candy.

The rescue team, often professionally trained for situations like these, seemed too struck by the scene in front of them that none of the six man crew attempted to do anything. They all just watched in silence. No one said a word or moved.

Pencils, books and soaked torn pieces of papers that contained amateur cartoon drawings, crayon paintings and funny sentences scribbled in funny handwritings littered everywhere.

The wind slowly blew one of these papers past their boat.

"I love my mummy and Daddy" it read. The handwriting looked funny as that of every child not concerned about the way their writing looked, but excited that they can now write love letters to mummy and daddy.

The rescue team, as if scared of touching the bodies, started picking the pencils, books and torn pieces of papers one by one, carefully avoiding the bodies. All this, they did quietly, no one speaking to the other.

"Her, it could have been my daughter" one of the rescue team member broke the silence, pointing to the candy girl.

"Or him, him, her, her" she began pointing at all the children.

No one replied. They just continued picking the papers, books and pencils in silence.

"Or even her". Another crew member broke the silence, pointing to a little girl drifting far far away from the rest.

They drove the boat towards her. She died face-down on water like most of her classmates. She looked smaller than all of them, probably the youngest. One of the crew members scanned her from head to toe with a look of pity and regret, touched her hair, and hesistated a little before he bent over and flipped her lifeless body upside-down to reveal her face.

Staring into blank space with dead white eyes, was the scariest and most shocking thing any of them had ever seen.

A dead, smiling face. Teeth in full display.

You could tell all of them were confused as they looked at each other with a questioning look.

"What's that?" asked one of them, gesturing to an object floating towards them.

All of them were beginning to feel uneasy, almost everyone - for the first time - began to take notice of their environment, looking front, left, right and back.

"It's her bag", one of them killed the tension as he picked it up, a picture of a yellow pokemon drawn on the back, water bottle strapped to the side.

Inside, was a squeezed piece of paper, pencil and sharpener. He unfolded the paper but couldn't make anything of the crayon writing. He flattened the paper on his lap to get a better look. He could see it clearly now: a little kid's handwriting.

"We are all going to die. It will kill us all" , he paused and looked at the crew members who looked back at him like he just cracked a bad Jesus joke.

"and kill you too", he continued, reading it this time around one word at a time.....slowly. "It is watching" .

There was a long pause. All of them looked at eachother, then back to the girl together, almost as if it was rehearsed. The guy holding the piece of paper felt his right hand instantly become weak. The paper began to tremble in his hands like he was carrying a bag of cement one-handed.

Alongside the writing, was an amateur cartoonish, crayon sketch - something a kid would draw: bodies of little children floating on water, a rescue boat with six crew members on board, one of them holding a squeezed paper.

THIS IS TAUNTING OH BUT LET ME TRY...

He handed the mysterious drawing to Storm - head of the rescue team. Storm gawked at the drawing and sighed.

"What?" Tobi asked quizzically. "It's only a drawing..." Storm replied. "Only a drawing?" Tobi spoke with his eyes propped out.

"It's just a kid experimenting with her imaginations."
"We are six Storm and there are dead children here..."
"So you think this is some kind of premonition?"
"Oh you think it's a coincidence?"

"Yes it could be a coincidence," Ara, the only female in the team spoke. "See... Ara is even a better man compared to you..." Storm said sardonically and the others laughed. "We've work to do woman..." Storm continued and the laughter of the others increased.

It surprised Tobi how the others can even crack jokes and laugh been at the middle of the ocean with debased corpses circling them and a mysterious drawing hinting them on a catastrophe about to ensue.

The others sank into the ocean, having been girded with their diving kits while Tobi remained inside the boat with his eyes in his mouth and eyes twirling around.

It couldn't have been a mirage, he saw something circle the boat with the speed of light. Tobi sauntered almost falling down and shouted: "It's a shark..."

The others gave him a stare of disbelief and turned, all whispering their opinions about him to themselves.

Ara grappled with one of the corpse that was as slippery as a fish. She rolled it to see its face. "Jesus..." She shouted. The others turned to her at impulse. "It doesn't have a face..."

"What?" Storm asked in disbelief. "Its face have been eaten..." She spoke with her heart in her mouth. Storm pushed closer and see for himself. Staring horridly at him is a faceless girl or boy.

"Where is Tobi?" Kunte shouted from behind. All looked at the boat and Tobi wasn't there...

2 Likes

Re: Writing Prompt: Use The First Line To Continue A Story by Nobody: 7:33pm On Aug 30, 2017
Dracoe:

What he saw made his heart stop ; the rain falling down heavily he perceived no more; his senses all put in a state of absolute stasis and then for a split second everything around him were in perfect tranquility.

Rrraaaaarrrrggggggggh!!!!!!!, the sudden scream of a being emanating from the bedroom, coming at him with full throttle jerked him back to reality as he hit his leg on a protruding iron from the floor and fell down with his back on the ground ; Bang! bang!! bang!!! ;bang! bang!! bang!!! the creature continued to hit the burglary guarding the window as if meaning to break it down.

All this happened while he was still on the floor with his mouth wide opened trying to fathom what he had just seen, his mind was in a deep state of confusion;'Grrrhhhhhhhh' grrrrrrhhhhhh the sound coming from the creature who had now breached the burglary with a 4 ft long iron it tore out from the burglary in it's right hand,... Rrraaarrrrgggggh, it screamed,coming directly for him, taking one step at a time. His heart was now racing faster than light's speed;his soul weighed heavier than a million pounds ,his body shivering and his skin almost turned white.

He could feel the adrenaline rush through his body, but 'No' he couldn't do a thing he was scared down to the pits of hell, fear had finally overcome his struggle for existence, his instincts failed him, this was it ;he was going to die a cold, mean and lonely death.Then with one last step, the creature finally made it to him, raising his hand to skies, attempting to drive the iron through him ;he closed his eyes and said his last prayers and then everything went dark....

Speeew!!!, the sound of blade tearing through flesh;blood scattered for yards across the floor, gushing out uncontrollably from the neck, he could feel his body getting colder, drifting into oblivion and then that adrenaline rush revitalizing his body, with one last hope he opened his eyes, there he saw... the head of the creature lying bodyless next to him, it's mouth wide opened with thick black blood oozing from it.He then ransacked his hands through his body, trying to make sure he was still alive,and to his utmost surprise, he was.'This must be a miracle' he said in his mind
He then looked up thrown in a state confusion,with the rain still hitting hard on him, and then... there she was, a figure staring at him, holding an axe to her right hand, with blood all over her face. After some intense gaze, he finally knew who it was..... It was Moni, she just saved his life.

"Mother did this, she did this, she ingested something called the ' tethys serum' to end her life, but instead it turned her into this, into this things, and then she created more, she created more of herself, she's passed it through the towns water supply already , this town would be crawling with more of this creatures in no time. She created this things, she created zombies, mother created Zombies".... Moni murmured as she fell to her feet.

This was the most dreadful thing he had ever heard, 'Zombies '. He just stood still trying to process all what he just heard. Little did he know that the worst was yet to come;this indeed was the beginning of the end.

Nice one bro!
Re: Writing Prompt: Use The First Line To Continue A Story by Dracoe(m): 9:52pm On Aug 30, 2017
Criis:

Nice one bro!

Thanks bro cheesy
Re: Writing Prompt: Use The First Line To Continue A Story by Nobody: 1:37am On Aug 31, 2017
kudos
Re: Writing Prompt: Use The First Line To Continue A Story by Divepen1(m): 5:48am On Aug 31, 2017
I've pasted your works here

http://writertain.com/2017/08/29/writing-prompt-3-first-lines/#comment-10

Piroux
ksslib
chriis
yhungbrowne

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Writing Prompt: Use The First Line To Continue A Story by yhungbrowhne(m): 5:59am On Aug 31, 2017
Divepen1:

Piroux ksslib chriis yhungbrowne
thanks it cool bro

1 Like

Re: Writing Prompt: Use The First Line To Continue A Story by Gabrendo(m): 9:48am On Aug 31, 2017
Divepen1:

Nawa o Divepen1 I also participated but you did not paste mine. Feeling *sad*
Re: Writing Prompt: Use The First Line To Continue A Story by piroux(f): 10:34am On Aug 31, 2017
Gabrendo:

"I'm not moving to the guest room for her..." I heaved my voice against his whisper. "Please dear you have to understand..." Busayo's whisper thickened. "Understand what?" I retorted angrily. "You are a disgrace to husbands. Ehm Busayo! Have you forgotten so soon?"

"Where then do you want them to stay?" The tone of his voice depicts, he was getting infuriated and that was what I wanted.

"They can sleep outside for all I care... See Busayo you married me legally. I am not going to allow one prostitute take over my matrimonial home... A home I built and I've maintained for years. Tufiakwa..." I spoke dramatically. "See Lara I've been patient with you. Don't make me lose that patience..." He spoke calmly like a typical pacifist Busayo. For a moment I was drawn to concede but snaps out of it and spoke erratically opposite: "They said that a man that stops wearing trousers and starts wearing skirts, should beware of the consequences that comes with it... I am not the gullible woman you married years ago. This fight eehn there are no winners only people fighting..."

He angrily walked out of the room and aggressively slammed the door behind him...

LMAO.... nice continuation.
Re: Writing Prompt: Use The First Line To Continue A Story by piroux(f): 10:36am On Aug 31, 2017
Divepen1:

Piroux
ksslib
chriis
yhungbrowne

Thank you, me likey....
Re: Writing Prompt: Use The First Line To Continue A Story by Gabrendo(m): 11:17am On Aug 31, 2017
piroux:

LMAO.... nice continuation.

OK. I am glad you like it. I'm waiting for your update piroux. Let's keep this story alive...

1 Like

Re: Writing Prompt: Use The First Line To Continue A Story by Nobody: 12:02pm On Aug 31, 2017
piroux:
"She sank into the chair and gaped at him……..

Her father-in- law sat quietly beside his older daughter and his wife "
whoever wrote and own dz story is raw and talented. una wey naa dey write, i dey dap my cap to una o!, blacksmitters of the pen"

1 Like

Re: Writing Prompt: Use The First Line To Continue A Story by Divepen1(m): 8:56am On Sep 01, 2017
Gabrendo:

Nawa o Divepen1 I also participated but you did not paste mine. Feeling *sad*
I'm sorry for not posting it there. It was due to the time. You can also post yours there.

1 Like

Re: Writing Prompt: Use The First Line To Continue A Story by meneski(m): 11:46am On Sep 01, 2017
WHO DIED?

(UNEDITED)

She sank into the chair and
gaped at him.

"i believe you can explain as usual. Were are you coming from?"he asked sitting and calmly observing her.

She knew there was no way she was going to explain her way out of this ,but she was going to try and see were tonight's train of lies would be headed.

"I was at Juana's, we were discusing about us" she said and standing, she moved towards him
"Richard you know as much as i do,that i need a child... Of my own"

"And i belive Juana is your new husband right?" looking straight at her with cold eyes.

"No Richard,it just that she was dishing out some medical advice that could change our predicament"

For the first time she noticed the pistol on the table and her heart sank.
She was tempted to spill the beans but a strange urge to keep the lies going kept on pushing her.

"Who is Daniels?" he asked calmly

"What!" she asked unintentionally but no reply was forth coming.

"Daniels... Daniels is .... The... Sorry i mean Daniels is the frie..."

"Tracy , who is Daniels and why is your phone switched off?" he asked again, this time reaching for the pistol.

"Richard...No its not what you think, Daniels is my phone... Soryy i mean my phone's battery was low" she stammared.

"Then who is Daniels? And i swear if you don't tell me what his card is doing in your room ,then God help us" he charged. He stretched fort his hands to her"give me the phone" he barked.

She rummaged inside her bag. Brought out her phone and handed it to him with shaky hands.

"Now explain to me who Daniels is"

TO BE CONT...

3 Likes

Re: Writing Prompt: Use The First Line To Continue A Story by Nobody: 11:01am On Sep 02, 2017
Divepen1:

Thanks! I appreciate
Re: Writing Prompt: Use The First Line To Continue A Story by meneski(m): 8:35am On Sep 03, 2017
She stood looking at him with fear
in her eyes not knowing what to
say and at that miniute he
switched on her phone, no sign of
a low battery.
He looked at her and smile.
“If Daniels is a hard nut to crack
for you, i believe you can explain
why you phone is 80% filled with
life and you stated otherwise.”
more like a comment than a
question, but she knew better.
“Richard my phone malfunctions at
times” she muttered looking at the
floor.
“And you never told me. Tracy for
long i have been suspecting you of
infidelity but never had facts to
back up my claim. Even right now i
have found none” droping the gun
on the stool beside the couch”but
have this at the back of your
mind… I TRUST YOU NO
MORE,TRACY I DON’T”
Still holding the phone, he walked
past her and stopped behind her.
“since you don’t want to tell me
who Daniels, i guese i will have to
investigate into it my self. but i
promi…” just then the phone rang
out with the caller id DNLS.
Without thinking twice he swiped
to answer and intentionally putting
it on speak-out.
The words from the caller were,
“Hello sweet love am sorry to call
you at this hour, but am missing
you already. Hope your impotent
is…” the voice stopped maybe
noticing the unexpected silence
from the other side”Hello! Hello!
Sweet Tracy are you there?”
immidiatly the line went dead.
Richard was mad with anger,
turning to confront Tracy he met
an unexpected sight that made
him freeze with fright.
“AM SORRY DEAR BUT I CAN’T LET
YOU DO IT” BOOM! CAME THE SOUND
THAT ENDED A LIFE.
Re: Writing Prompt: Use The First Line To Continue A Story by Ksslib(m): 12:58pm On Sep 08, 2017
Divepen1:

Piroux
ksslib
chriis
yhungbrowne
Very kind of you. Thanks

(1) (Reply)

The Girl Of My Dreams / Tulips In The Deep / Chinua Achebe-the Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.