Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,810 members, 7,817,351 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:44 AM

A Heart-rending Narrative On How Religion Destroyed 'an Ideal Family' - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Heart-rending Narrative On How Religion Destroyed 'an Ideal Family' (2429 Views)

The Impetus Of Belief: How Religion Shapes Our Modern World / How Religion Works... / How Religion Draws People Back. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Heart-rending Narrative On How Religion Destroyed 'an Ideal Family' by 0temAtum: 7:53am On Aug 31, 2017
This one is small. See how deeperlifer destroyed the wedding of Sewa. The woman was overzealous and by the encouragement of her church members, she went and destroyed the TV set(devil box) of her husband and all these happened.

DOCTUFOS: Doctufos: Jasheb 14:17-54
17. Then shall the husband of the woman purchase the new invention whose life is made to work by satellites.
18. The shape of the invention shall be like a box, showing the images of the homos as they were.
19. Now it shall come to pass that as soon as many of the priests of Yahweh shall see this invention, they shall call it a name.
20. And they shall say it is the Box of Devil.
21. And the priest in whose sanctuary Sewa worships shall forbid the use of the box by the members of his sanctuary.
22. And anyone who shall use this box of Beelzebub shall be named a wicked soul and shall be excommunicated.
23. And the husband of Sewa shall purchase this box, for his soul loves to find knowledge day and night.
24. Then shall Sewa condemn the box and shall engage in a bitter quarrel with her husband.
25. And the priests of the sanctuary shall advise her in what to do, quoting from the book of Yahweh what was done by a warrior of Yahweh to the idol-gods of his father.
26. And Sewa's spirit was lifted and she felt she was enlightened. Then she felt that the spirit of Faulkin shall help her.
27. Then did she take up the box of her husband and broke it within the yard while he was away.
28. And she went into her chamber to pray for the conversion of her husband.
29. Then when her husband came, she met him with a smile, thinking that her prayers must have been answered by Yahweh.
30. And the man had seen the broken box outside. Then in his anger did she pounce on Sewa and hit her severely that she was greatly injured.
31. And the face of Sewa did she tear with the broken glass from the screen of the invented box.
32. Then was Sewa soaked up in blood. Then did she visit her sanctuary with tears. But the priests therein sought not to take up a lawsuit against the homo because they had disguised their belief as the most peaceful one on earth.
33. Then did they advise her to return to her husband, because Faulkin will change his nature. But when Sewa returned to her home, she was sent out of the home forever with more beatings.
34. And the people of the sanctuary of Yahweh told her to remain without getting married to another husband.
35. And they acquired a dirty chamber for her in a place where many people lived together.
35. Then after paying for the hire of the chamber the first year, they left her stranded.
36. And they did not know what has befallen her thereafter, because she was sent packing when the next hire she could not afford.
37. And Sewa held on to the doctrine of Yahweh in the sanctuary of the same denomination but which was located in another place.
38. And she could not get married because her doctrine permits no one to leave his husband or wife and remarry.
39. Then did Sewa grow past the age of which marriage was suitable, yet serving Yahweh.
40. And it came to pass after twelve years the priests of the sanctuary which condemned the box of visions and images, calling it the box of Beelzebub, took of the tithe of the people and purchased a space of the satellite.
41. And they set up the boxes of Beelzebub everywhere in their sanctuaries for to show their high priest in it.
42. And this thing grieved Sewa because they had condemned the use of the box before, which thing led to her divorce.
43. Then did Sewa ask to see the high priest of the sanctuary in her rage, but she could not meet him because her intentions had been told to the servants of the high priest.
44. Then did Sewa return to her husband's house to plead with him to take her back in her old age.
45. For she was now fifty-two and had past her prime.
46. Then did her husband show her the wife of which she had remarried to. And behold, she was nubile and beautiful, with a light-skinned face and her dimples were like the ripples of the blue sea.
47. Then did Sewa break into a loud cry. And right in the chamber of her husband did she lay a curse on the high priest.
48. For in her anger did she say, you high priest shall also lose your wife as you have made me lose the husband of my youth by your ignorance.
49. You made him send me out and instructed me not to remarry.
50. You shall also lose the trust of your follower by the deed of your son in this same issue of marriage. For he shall get married to a woman who shall not uphold the laws of your sanctuary in the institution of marriage.
51. Then shall your followers become sleepers in the sanctuaries when they shall be watching your images in the box of Beelzebub which you have adopted for use in your sanctuaries.
52. And at your death shall your sanctuary be divided, for many shall follow after the one which you did not intend for a leader. And only few shall go after the wife of your old age and her faithful followers, who also would want to have a hand in the affair of the church.

53. And only if you shall seek me and find me to beg for pardon shall this curse not come to pass.
54. For your hypocrisy is high in the land of Murmoh(Africa).
Re: A Heart-rending Narrative On How Religion Destroyed 'an Ideal Family' by shadeyinka(m): 7:57am On Aug 31, 2017
PastorAIO:

I see your point.

Would you include statements like 'Religion Kills'? Or would you say you overgeneralised there?

Also, in defence of the OP he didn't say all religions destroy families. He spoke of the specific instance of his own family and the havoc wreaked on it by a religion.

The OP said: A Heart rending narration of How Religion NOT how a religion wrecked havoc on on his family. The OP was generalizing: Religion is the culprit and I say, immaturity is the culprit.

Interestingly, I know of a Deeper Life Woman married to an Atheist. Last year, their son got married to his fiance

Religion kills!
Is a blanket statement like:
Gun Kills
Vehicle Kills
Water Drowns

Modified: Religion doesn't give life either. A relationship with God through Love does
Re: A Heart-rending Narrative On How Religion Destroyed 'an Ideal Family' by PastorAIO: 7:57am On Aug 31, 2017
bullet Divorce rates among conservative Christians were significantly higher than for other faith groups, and much higher than Atheists and Agnostics experience.
George Barna, president and founder of Barna Research Group, commented:

"While it may be alarming to discover that born again Christians are more likely than others to experience a divorce, that pattern has been in place for quite some time. Even more disturbing, perhaps, is that when those individuals experience a divorce many of them feel their community of faith provides rejection rather than support and healing. But the research also raises questions regarding the effectiveness of how churches minister to families. The ultimate responsibility for a marriage belongs to the husband and wife, but the high incidence of divorce within the Christian community challenges the idea that churches provide truly practical and life-changing support for marriages."

http://www.religioustolerance.org/chr_dira.htm

shadeyinka:

They say:
Let's give a Dog a bad name so that you can have a good excuse of Hanging it.

I believe that hatred for Christianity will make some people put every blame on the adherents irrespective of whether they are implicated or not.

Statistically, what you are saying is that Practicing Christians are more likely to have a Broken marriage than others.

Aren't you biased?

All our celebrities are practicing Christians, that's why the rate of divorce is so high among them! SMH
Re: A Heart-rending Narrative On How Religion Destroyed 'an Ideal Family' by PastorAIO: 8:05am On Aug 31, 2017
shadeyinka:

The OP said: A Heart rending narration of How Religion NOT how a religion wrecked havoc on on his family. The OP was generalizing: Religion is the culprit and I say, immaturity is the culprit.

Interestingly, I know of a Deeper Life Woman married to an Atheist. Last year, their son got married to his fiance

Religion kills!
Is a blanket statement like:
Gun Kills
Vehicle Kills
Water Drowns

shadeyinka:

I honestly feel your pain.

I am a Christian but I am not a religionist. Religions kill but its the Relationship that gives life. Jesus didn't sell religion to people, Jesus introduced God as our Father

2 Likes

Re: A Heart-rending Narrative On How Religion Destroyed 'an Ideal Family' by shadeyinka(m): 8:24am On Aug 31, 2017
PastorAIO:

bullet Divorce rates among [b]conservative Christians [/b]were significantly higher than for other faith groups, and much higher than Atheists and Agnostics experience.
George Barna, president and founder of Barna Research Group, commented:

"While it may be alarming to discover that born again Christians are more likely than others to experience a divorce, that pattern has been in place for quite some time. Even more disturbing, perhaps, is that when those individuals experience a divorce many of them feel their community of faith provides rejection rather than support and healing. But the research also raises questions regarding the effectiveness of how churches minister to families. The ultimate responsibility for a marriage belongs to the husband and wife, but the high incidence of divorce within the Christian community challenges the idea that churches provide truly practical and life-changing support for marriages."

http://www.religioustolerance.org/chr_dira.htm

I do not believe your source.
What is the definition of conservative Christians?
Divorce rate is about highest among Americans in the world: if we are using Americans as examples of conservative Christians, we are mistaken.

Your SourcesadI don't know who copied who)
What Faith Divorces Most?
https://www.wevorce.com/blog/what-faith-divorces-most/

Actually generalizes that at least 30% of all marriages end in divorce.
You know that that isn't truthful. It cast doubt over the whole statistics. It may be true among their working sample group, but certainly not general.

The Article:

http://www.christianitytoday.com/edstetzer/2014/february/marriage-divorce-and-body-of-christ-what-do-stats-say-and-c.html

Says otherwise even for the same group in question.
Re: A Heart-rending Narrative On How Religion Destroyed 'an Ideal Family' by shadeyinka(m): 8:26am On Aug 31, 2017
PastorAIO:

I modified my original post before seeing this. Check
Re: A Heart-rending Narrative On How Religion Destroyed 'an Ideal Family' by Nobody: 8:31am On Aug 31, 2017
JackBizzle:

You and analice will lie to defend christianity from any criticism.

People like you can kill an unbeliever and still sleep well at night feeling holy
Salaam alekum ...I believe that my warning about your bad mouthing of prophet Muhammad has been duly taken note of. Don't waste the resources expended on your training and hopes in you as a result of untimely demise.
Re: A Heart-rending Narrative On How Religion Destroyed 'an Ideal Family' by PastorAIO: 8:43am On Aug 31, 2017
shadeyinka:

I do not believe your source.
What is the definition of conservative Christians?
Divorce rate is about highest among Americans in the world: if we are using Americans as examples of conservative Christians, we are mistaken.

Your SourcesadI don't know who copied who)
What Faith Divorces Most?
https://www.wevorce.com/blog/what-faith-divorces-most/

Actually generalizes that at least 30% of all marriages end in divorce.
You know that that isn't truthful. It cast doubt over the whole statistics. It may be true among their working sample group, but certainly not general.

The Article:

http://www.christianitytoday.com/edstetzer/2014/february/marriage-divorce-and-body-of-christ-what-do-stats-say-and-c.html

Says otherwise even for the same group in question.

It is the same Barna Research Group that is quoted in both websites so it doesn't matter who copied who, or even if there had to be any copying. They could both have sourced the research independently.

Out of curiosity, why do you not believe the website I quoted from while you obviously believe Christianitytoday.com
What compelling evidence did one provide that the other didn't.
Re: A Heart-rending Narrative On How Religion Destroyed 'an Ideal Family' by shadeyinka(m): 9:12am On Aug 31, 2017
PastorAIO:

It is the same Barna Research Group that is quoted in both websites so it doesn't matter who copied who, or even if there had to be any copying. They could both have sourced the research independently.

Out of curiosity, why do you not believe the website I quoted from while you obviously believe Christianitytoday.com
What compelling evidence did one provide that the other didn't.

My quote was just to make you see that other views exist on the internet. And your claim may not entirely be absolute.

An average of 30% is too high at least in Nigeria context. It means 3 out of 10 marriages you know have crashed. It means that while in school, more than 60% of the friends you have come from broken homes.

Interestingly, there seems to be about the same average amongst all religious or irreligious groups. Showning that religion is NOT the problem but probably, the culture of a people group.
Re: A Heart-rending Narrative On How Religion Destroyed 'an Ideal Family' by PastorAIO: 9:34am On Aug 31, 2017
Ah, okay, so you are going mainly by anecdotal evidence based in what you see around you in Nigeria.
The surveys were done in the US I believe. And of course only a sample of the population would have been surveyed. This leaves plenty of room to deny, you can say it was the state the survey was done in but not true across the whole us of a.
However your protests sound like the No True Scotsman fallacy. And not only you but the website you quoted

Not everyone professing membership in an evangelical church is necessarily a person born again. You would have to determine if they were born again. Many people ot everyone professing membership in an evangelical church is necessarily a person born again. You would have to determine if they were born again. Many people are members of a church but are not born again. This issue is conversion not

This is what makes me suspicious of your website, the fact that it would resort to such a logical fallacy. This leads me to believe that their motive is to defend bornagainism against the facts by any means necessary.

Now there is something else that was not factored into the surveys and that is that .. In the western world there are many many non religious couples that live together and raise a family together without getting married. If we were to treat such couples as married then the number of healthy stable atheist 'marriages' would far outstrip that if evangelicals.

shadeyinka:

My quote was just to make you see that other views exist on the internet. And your claim may not entirely be absolute.

An average of 30% is too high at least in Nigeria context. It means 3 out of 10 marriages you know have crashed. It means that while in school, more than 60% of the friends you have come from broken homes.

Interestingly, there seems to be about the same average amongst all religious or irreligious groups. Showning that religion is NOT the problem but probably, the culture of a people group.
Re: A Heart-rending Narrative On How Religion Destroyed 'an Ideal Family' by shadeyinka(m): 9:54am On Aug 31, 2017
PastorAIO:
Ah, okay, so you are going mainly by anecdotal evidence based in what you see around you in Nigeria.
The surveys were done in the US I believe. And of course only a sample of the population would have been surveyed. This leaves plenty of room to deny, you can say it was the state the survey was done in but not true across the whole us of a.
However your protests sound like the No True Scotsman fallacy. And not only you but the website you quoted

Not everyone professing membership in an evangelical church is necessarily a person born again. You would have to determine if they were born again. Many people ot everyone professing membership in an evangelical church is necessarily a person born again. You would have to determine if they were born again. Many people are members of a church but are not born again. This issue is conversion not

This is what makes me suspicious of your website, the fact that it would resort to such a logical fallacy. This leads me to believe that their motive is to defend bornagainism against the facts by any means necessary.

Now there is something else that was not factored into the surveys and that is that .. In the western world there are many many non religious couples that live together and raise a family together without getting married. If we were to treat such couples as married then the number of healthy stable atheist 'marriages' would far outstrip that if evangelicals.

Putting sentiments as side, even if we are to go with the religious affiliation ststistics of 28%, 30%, 33% and 29% among various religious and irreligious groups, the difference is NOT significant.

This means that religion isn't the issue but a "cultural" orientation of people and off course maturity. Japanese, Indian and Chinese people seem to have very stable marriages due to cultural influences. Americans and Europeans have bad reputation when it comes to marriage.

In my church (of 16years), 400 adult population, I know of 2 divorces & 2 separations. Do they all have perfect marriages? Certainly NOT! So, you can expect my stance when someone overgeneralized.
Re: A Heart-rending Narrative On How Religion Destroyed 'an Ideal Family' by JackBizzle: 11:41am On Aug 31, 2017
shadeyinka:

They say:
Let's give a Dog a bad name so that you can have a good excuse of Hanging it.

I believe that hatred for Christianity will make some people put every blame on the adherents irrespective of whether they are implicated or not.

Statistically, what you are saying is that Practicing Christians are more likely to have a Broken marriage than others.

Aren't you biased?

All our celebrities are practicing Christians, that's why the rate of divorce is so high among them! SMH

There is a study to back the assertion. In america, it was found that christians had higher divorce rates than other religions.
Re: A Heart-rending Narrative On How Religion Destroyed 'an Ideal Family' by shadeyinka(m): 11:51am On Aug 31, 2017
JackBizzle:

There is a study to back the assertion. In america, it was found that christians had higher divorce rates than other religions.
You probably didn't read the earlier posts. Its been thrashed out
Re: A Heart-rending Narrative On How Religion Destroyed 'an Ideal Family' by JackBizzle: 12:32pm On Aug 31, 2017
shadeyinka:

You probably didn't read the earlier posts. Its been thrashed out

Thrashed out? Did you prove the study wrong?
Re: A Heart-rending Narrative On How Religion Destroyed 'an Ideal Family' by shadeyinka(m): 12:50pm On Aug 31, 2017
JackBizzle:

I casted doubt over its generic nature.
You didn't prove the study right either, did you?
Re: A Heart-rending Narrative On How Religion Destroyed 'an Ideal Family' by JackBizzle: 12:53pm On Aug 31, 2017
shadeyinka:

I casted doubt over its generic nature.
You didn't prove the study right either, did you?

Prove the study right??

Nigga, you well so? Did you think before you wrote that?
Re: A Heart-rending Narrative On How Religion Destroyed 'an Ideal Family' by shadeyinka(m): 1:03pm On Aug 31, 2017
JackBizzle:

Prove the study right??
Nigga, you well so? Did you think before you wrote that?

Check what you wrote!
JackBizzle:

Re: A Heart-rending Narrative On How Religion Destroyed 'an Ideal Family' by JackBizzle: 1:16pm On Aug 31, 2017
shadeyinka:

Check what you wrote!

I see that you are lacking some sense. A research was done on divorce rates. You disagreed with it. I asked you if you proved it wrong.

You are now asking if i have proved it right? You well so?
Re: A Heart-rending Narrative On How Religion Destroyed 'an Ideal Family' by shadeyinka(m): 1:18pm On Aug 31, 2017
JackBizzle:

I see that you are lacking some sense. A research was done on divorce rates. You disagreed with it. I asked you if you proved it wrong.

You are now asking if i have proved it right? You well so?
I can see that you are well cultured!
Re: A Heart-rending Narrative On How Religion Destroyed 'an Ideal Family' by JackBizzle: 1:34pm On Aug 31, 2017
shadeyinka:

I can see that you are well cultured!

Very well cultured. I could have told you that you were not being honest or smart in so many interesti ng/vulgars ways.

Stop trying to dodge. Admit it, christianity can ruin families
Re: A Heart-rending Narrative On How Religion Destroyed 'an Ideal Family' by shadeyinka(m): 1:41pm On Aug 31, 2017
JackBizzle:

Very well cultured. I could have told you that you were not being honest or smart in so many interesti ng/vulgars ways.

Stop trying to dodge. Admit it, christianity can ruin families
tongue
Re: A Heart-rending Narrative On How Religion Destroyed 'an Ideal Family' by Hairyrapunzel: 4:31pm On Aug 31, 2017
Religion is a trap and a dishonest scheme for obtaining money.
Re: A Heart-rending Narrative On How Religion Destroyed 'an Ideal Family' by 0temAtum: 6:39pm On Aug 31, 2017
Hairyrapunzel:
Religion is a trap and a dishonest scheme for obtaining money.

Observation of Rastus 8: 1-14
1. I have observed and known how a homo can make much wealth without much work. This is better done in the ways of religion. 2. Go now to the temples of the religious people and you shall see how they sell cheap things at costly prices. 3. In the temple of the Jews do they sell a holy dove for eighty shekels of silver. And a fold of shittim wood do they sell for two hundred shekels of silver. 4. And a curtain of linen do they sell for fifty-two shekel of silver, whose worth in the market is only twelve shekels. 5. But they have called it the holy curtain because they sell it in the temple. And the holiest among the holy curtains do they sell for a thousand shekel of silver. And these are bought only by the rich, who used them for their secret chambers, believing that they cannot be attacked by thieves whenever they are behind the curtains. 6. And a bottle of olive oil is sold for seventy shekels in the temple, saying that it is holy and anointed by God. 7. And the priests[pastors] grow fat upon the money of the poor. As they do in the temple of Furin and Dian, so also do they in the temple of the Jews. 8. In the church of the Krishtens also, they do so. For they buy and sell holy shadows of the apostles, deceiving themselves upon nothing . 9. And when they have deceived themselves, testifying of how they are cured of diseases which they have not been cured of, they come after the physicians, confessing their follies. 10. But the damages are already done, because many have believed in them already and have also neglected the ways of herbs for cure. 11. And they shall be worse before they shall think to go the way of the physicians. 12. Now this is my instruction to all in this generation and the generation to come; let not religion be mixed with health issues. 13. For when you are sick, go after the physicians immediately, rather than asking a god to cure you of your sickness. 14. Or else it shall be too late for you to be cured.
Re: A Heart-rending Narrative On How Religion Destroyed 'an Ideal Family' by richardbrandy: 6:58pm On Aug 31, 2017
omaolowo:
Osula Daniel Enahoro Wrote This Heart Rending Narration.....

DO YOU know my biological father is a Chartered Accountant? I didn't grow up and wasn't raised by him well enough to be detailed about what he's all about. But the man is a Mathematics genius.

My mum has a TCII, B.Sc. (DELSU), M.Sc (U.I). No idea the courses she studied.

But do you know religion and superstitious belief ruined their union, altered the original plans and have shattered the destinies of my siblings and I?

Well... I pay a little too much attention, and even now holding conversations with them both, I've gotten to know more personal stuffs that I was too young to know back then.

Dad landed a job for then Peugeot Automobile Nigeria (PAN) and was doing well for himself. He built his first house in the village in 1986 and his house in Ejigbo Lagos, in 1992, a year after my birth.

In 1993, he landed a freelance contract for a company in Delta State and had to travel from Lagos. He had an accident along Ibadan expressway where a boy was killed. The whole occurrence cost him both the contract and his job.

Somehow, he got a job a lot sooner with Longmans, a Publishing Company and seemed to be on his feet in no time. We were still living at Maryland then, but his job with Longmans seemed to fetch him good money and he was continuing his house at Ejigbo at the same time he bought his first car. The year was 1994.

By 1996, he had managed to buy two more cars and gave my mum one with a driver he paid. Mum was a full time housewife then. Later she began complaining of being idle and they started a CHALEX foundation, coined from their names; Charity and Alex.

All was fine until 1997 when my elder sister, now late, fell terribly ill. Her sickness defied all medications and for the two years before she died, her medical bills mopped up finances and even had huge debts piling up.

All along, we had been devout Catholics: until my siblings later joined RCCG. But it seemed these churches were too gentle for my Mum as she sort urgent 'spiritual revolution'. Her prayer constantly was her not to bury any other kids of hers.

Then she found MFM. And this is how trouble that was mild escalated terribly. The pastor in the Ejigbo branch told her my father was a ritualist and he had used my elder sister to renew his pledge. That his loss of job was as a result of non renewal. He further went on to say the coconut tree in my father's compound was evil and we shouldn't eat from it anymore. This is coconut we had been eating from since we moved in!

Meanwhile, my father was seeking his own 'spiritual assistance' in white garment churches and they saw vision for him. They said 5 of his 7 kids alongside my mum, were witches sent to destroy him as he was the only well to do from his family.

That is how an M.Sc and an ICAN holder began ridiculing themselves in front of their kids for months - until the final divorce and separation. Religious leaders manipulated two adults who had spent years in school so much they hated each other. Now my siblings and I were torn apart. It was now a tale of who was more convincing in their story. I only narrated the lines that corroborated.

The fight against religious indoctrination and brainwashing is a personal fight for me. It is an experience with my shattered family that still haunts me until tomorrow. It is the fear that I'm surrounded by a lot of people who albeit their certificates and level of exposure are easily fooled and brainwashed by these vision seers, prophets and prophetess of doom, paedophile priest, fundamentalist Jehovah Witnesses and so on. I am scared. I am worried. If my father and mother after nearly 20 years of marriage with 8 issues can become worst enemies under the influence of religious and superstitious beliefs, how much more people who aren't related to me?

You may think rationality is being applied with faith these days, but I tell you, tales like people getting worked up over Tasha Cobbs doing a song with Nicki Minaj is how this sickness starts. Then it escalates to Pastors giving their congregation rat poison to drink, burning them to death, extorting them with seeds of faith and Pastor's offering, to judging their decisions and actions. And the shocking thing is; THEY OBEY WITHOUT ASKING QUESTIONS. THEY AREN'T FORCED. THEY WILLINGLY SUBMIT THEMSELVES TO THESE DEHUMANIZING TORTURE.

Adults are the ones with Lord's chosen armour rolling all over muddy waters with megaphones claiming to be going radical for Jesus. Think for a second what such person is capable of should Lazarus Mouka ask him to torch down his house because witches are holding meeting on the roof, and you happen to be a co-tenant?

You may think people are becoming rational until a Pastor mounts a pulpit and present responsibility as a marriage thing saying when you have a wife is only when you can be responsible, and at 35 or 37, being single makes you useless. And so you're pressured by these sermons to get into what you're not mentally, financially and emotionally prepared for and mess up kids lives on the long run. Birth kids to poverty, starvation and hunger. Where would your Pastor be then? How is the Church helping men and women from 30 and 35 get employed and raise families? Your Pastors are divorcing, priests are giving relationship and sex advice. What they claim never to engage in.

This is how we end up with so much mind chains that we can't freely express ourselves and human desires. Religious leaders demonize sex and make it an abomination until we catch Priests in the inbox of our girlfriends begging them for sex. Until an Otobo comes out open about your Pastor licking plate and you still defend with the 'touch not my anointed' BullShit. How many Priests and Reverend fathers have been caught with underaged boys and girls? They'll demonize everything to make you fit into their tiny mind controlling box. They said high heels are demonic. They said human hair is evil. They said make up is Antichrist. So their wives come out looking like a blown up balloon in heavy shoulder padded skirt suits while they run after little girls with Brazilian hair high heels and miniskirts.

What social impact has religion made other than tear people apart with segregation and condemnation? The Catholics don't like Protestants. Deeper Life's Sunday sermon is an indirect attack on Christ Embassy's lifestyle. RCCG think Winners are overdoing it. MFM says Lord Chosen don't serve the real God. Ordinary Campus Fellowship canvas for new members like political campaign. Jehovah's Witness is in an entirely different league. Heard the other day of a Jehovah's Witness who lost her life because of blood transfusion.

YET, YOU ALL PREACH THE BIBLE....

Now I tell you, the scarier thing is to think 'All is well' until it happens to you. To grow fond of, fall in love with, build a family, start a business, make plans with a religious person whose Pastor can call one day, sit him or her down, have a talk with them and see them bailout on all the plans you have made together. People have called wedding off after years of courting because the Pastor didn't like the man or woman or they didn't worship in their church. Contracts, admissions, business proposal and the likes have been retracted for faith and belief differences. So people are left shattered, desperate, broken, not good enough, hurt, lonely, broke, hungry, jobless because of your sick faith. Because you found claim to have found Christ on your wedding eve and he ministered to you that your spouse isn't the right person for you after years.

How do you think it isn't worrisome to be around folks who believe Isaac should have been killed for test of faith? People who can actually ridicule their Mothers, Aunties and relatives because the Pastor saw a vision and tagged them witches.

Olu Bunmi had been running a series for DV and rape victims and people had been supporting sharing their stories and commenting their thoughts, well wishes, prayers and goodwill messages. Until when she put out a post about Oyedepo. Hell was let lose on her wall. Religion sapped away every iota of common sense in most women on that thread as they took defence for their 'Spiritual Papa'.

I am scared for my society. Scared of my environment and the kind of people I'm surrounded by. I am scared I have lost and is bound to keep losing people who matter to me because of religious ignorance and overzealousness. I am scared I'll get hurt by people's insecurities and harms that would make them blame the devil, read Psalm 21 and walk free. I am scared that notorious criminals and psychopaths use churches as rehabilitation centers by answering altar calls and making confessions that should ordinarily land them in jail to serve a life term. But they would be anointed and become a Pastor while his victims lie in the dirt. That people still give ill gotten monies to Church and are glorified. That testimonies are coined from the inspirations of your fellow man's woes. I am scared there are still Doctors, Lawyers, Professors and the likes who still believe faith in God is the solution to all these ills and "unless the lord builds the house, the builders build in vain".

Worse, I fear that this message will be read, not processed, not regurgitated, but pass through your eyes and mind with the glaring truth nearly blinding you, but deep rooted indoctrination won't allow you think for yourself.

I fear for reasons too numerous to mention.
i send youu love and light
Re: A Heart-rending Narrative On How Religion Destroyed 'an Ideal Family' by JackBizzle: 12:43pm On Sep 03, 2017
angels09:

Salaam alekum ...I believe that my warning about your bad mouthing of prophet Muhammad has been duly taken note of. Don't waste the resources expended on your training and hopes in you as a result of untimely demise.

So, you are a paddie of ishilove? Did she send you?

Christian acting as muslim.

Shameless.
Re: A Heart-rending Narrative On How Religion Destroyed 'an Ideal Family' by madridguy(m): 11:48am On Oct 27, 2017
So deep.
Re: A Heart-rending Narrative On How Religion Destroyed 'an Ideal Family' by OkaiCorne(m): 6:39pm On Oct 27, 2017
omaolowo:
Osula Daniel Enahoro Wrote This Heart Rending Narration.....

DO YOU know my biological father is a Chartered Accountant? I didn't grow up and wasn't raised by him well enough to be detailed about what he's all about. But the man is a Mathematics genius.

My mum has a TCII, B.Sc. (DELSU), M.Sc (U.I). No idea the courses she studied.

But do you know religion and superstitious belief ruined their union, altered the original plans and have shattered the destinies of my siblings and I?

Well... I pay a little too much attention, and even now holding conversations with them both, I've gotten to know more personal stuffs that I was too young to know back then.

Dad landed a job for then Peugeot Automobile Nigeria (PAN) and was doing well for himself. He built his first house in the village in 1986 and his house in Ejigbo Lagos, in 1992, a year after my birth.

In 1993, he landed a freelance contract for a company in Delta State and had to travel from Lagos. He had an accident along Ibadan expressway where a boy was killed. The whole occurrence cost him both the contract and his job.

Somehow, he got a job a lot sooner with Longmans, a Publishing Company and seemed to be on his feet in no time. We were still living at Maryland then, but his job with Longmans seemed to fetch him good money and he was continuing his house at Ejigbo at the same time he bought his first car. The year was 1994.

By 1996, he had managed to buy two more cars and gave my mum one with a driver he paid. Mum was a full time housewife then. Later she began complaining of being idle and they started a CHALEX foundation, coined from their names; Charity and Alex.

All was fine until 1997 when my elder sister, now late, fell terribly ill. Her sickness defied all medications and for the two years before she died, her medical bills mopped up finances and even had huge debts piling up.

All along, we had been devout Catholics: until my siblings later joined RCCG. But it seemed these churches were too gentle for my Mum as she sort urgent 'spiritual revolution'. Her prayer constantly was her not to bury any other kids of hers.

Then she found MFM. And this is how trouble that was mild escalated terribly. The pastor in the Ejigbo branch told her my father was a ritualist and he had used my elder sister to renew his pledge. That his loss of job was as a result of non renewal. He further went on to say the coconut tree in my father's compound was evil and we shouldn't eat from it anymore. This is coconut we had been eating from since we moved in!

Meanwhile, my father was seeking his own 'spiritual assistance' in white garment churches and they saw vision for him. They said 5 of his 7 kids alongside my mum, were witches sent to destroy him as he was the only well to do from his family.

That is how an M.Sc and an ICAN holder began ridiculing themselves in front of their kids for months - until the final divorce and separation. Religious leaders manipulated two adults who had spent years in school so much they hated each other. Now my siblings and I were torn apart. It was now a tale of who was more convincing in their story. I only narrated the lines that corroborated.

The fight against religious indoctrination and brainwashing is a personal fight for me. It is an experience with my shattered family that still haunts me until tomorrow. It is the fear that I'm surrounded by a lot of people who albeit their certificates and level of exposure are easily fooled and brainwashed by these vision seers, prophets and prophetess of doom, paedophile priest, fundamentalist Jehovah Witnesses and so on. I am scared. I am worried. If my father and mother after nearly 20 years of marriage with 8 issues can become worst enemies under the influence of religious and superstitious beliefs, how much more people who aren't related to me?

You may think rationality is being applied with faith these days, but I tell you, tales like people getting worked up over Tasha Cobbs doing a song with Nicki Minaj is how this sickness starts. Then it escalates to Pastors giving their congregation rat poison to drink, burning them to death, extorting them with seeds of faith and Pastor's offering, to judging their decisions and actions. And the shocking thing is; THEY OBEY WITHOUT ASKING QUESTIONS. THEY AREN'T FORCED. THEY WILLINGLY SUBMIT THEMSELVES TO THESE DEHUMANIZING TORTURE.

Adults are the ones with Lord's chosen armour rolling all over muddy waters with megaphones claiming to be going radical for Jesus. Think for a second what such person is capable of should Lazarus Mouka ask him to torch down his house because witches are holding meeting on the roof, and you happen to be a co-tenant?

You may think people are becoming rational until a Pastor mounts a pulpit and present responsibility as a marriage thing saying when you have a wife is only when you can be responsible, and at 35 or 37, being single makes you useless. And so you're pressured by these sermons to get into what you're not mentally, financially and emotionally prepared for and mess up kids lives on the long run. Birth kids to poverty, starvation and hunger. Where would your Pastor be then? How is the Church helping men and women from 30 and 35 get employed and raise families? Your Pastors are divorcing, priests are giving relationship and sex advice. What they claim never to engage in.

This is how we end up with so much mind chains that we can't freely express ourselves and human desires. Religious leaders demonize sex and make it an abomination until we catch Priests in the inbox of our girlfriends begging them for sex. Until an Otobo comes out open about your Pastor licking plate and you still defend with the 'touch not my anointed' BullShit. How many Priests and Reverend fathers have been caught with underaged boys and girls? They'll demonize everything to make you fit into their tiny mind controlling box. They said high heels are demonic. They said human hair is evil. They said make up is Antichrist. So their wives come out looking like a blown up balloon in heavy shoulder padded skirt suits while they run after little girls with Brazilian hair high heels and miniskirts.

What social impact has religion made other than tear people apart with segregation and condemnation? The Catholics don't like Protestants. Deeper Life's Sunday sermon is an indirect attack on Christ Embassy's lifestyle. RCCG think Winners are overdoing it. MFM says Lord Chosen don't serve the real God. Ordinary Campus Fellowship canvas for new members like political campaign. Jehovah's Witness is in an entirely different league. Heard the other day of a Jehovah's Witness who lost her life because of blood transfusion.

YET, YOU ALL PREACH THE BIBLE....

Now I tell you, the scarier thing is to think 'All is well' until it happens to you. To grow fond of, fall in love with, build a family, start a business, make plans with a religious person whose Pastor can call one day, sit him or her down, have a talk with them and see them bailout on all the plans you have made together. People have called wedding off after years of courting because the Pastor didn't like the man or woman or they didn't worship in their church. Contracts, admissions, business proposal and the likes have been retracted for faith and belief differences. So people are left shattered, desperate, broken, not good enough, hurt, lonely, broke, hungry, jobless because of your sick faith. Because you found claim to have found Christ on your wedding eve and he ministered to you that your spouse isn't the right person for you after years.

How do you think it isn't worrisome to be around folks who believe Isaac should have been killed for test of faith? People who can actually ridicule their Mothers, Aunties and relatives because the Pastor saw a vision and tagged them witches.

Olu Bunmi had been running a series for DV and rape victims and people had been supporting sharing their stories and commenting their thoughts, well wishes, prayers and goodwill messages. Until when she put out a post about Oyedepo. Hell was let lose on her wall. Religion sapped away every iota of common sense in most women on that thread as they took defence for their 'Spiritual Papa'.

I am scared for my society. Scared of my environment and the kind of people I'm surrounded by. I am scared I have lost and is bound to keep losing people who matter to me because of religious ignorance and overzealousness. I am scared I'll get hurt by people's insecurities and harms that would make them blame the devil, read Psalm 21 and walk free. I am scared that notorious criminals and psychopaths use churches as rehabilitation centers by answering altar calls and making confessions that should ordinarily land them in jail to serve a life term. But they would be anointed and become a Pastor while his victims lie in the dirt. That people still give ill gotten monies to Church and are glorified. That testimonies are coined from the inspirations of your fellow man's woes. I am scared there are still Doctors, Lawyers, Professors and the likes who still believe faith in God is the solution to all these ills and "unless the lord builds the house, the builders build in vain".

Worse, I fear that this message will be read, not processed, not regurgitated, but pass through your eyes and mind with the glaring truth nearly blinding you, but deep rooted indoctrination won't allow you think for yourself.

I fear for reasons too numerous to mention.

Dear OP...take heart. What is practised as Christianity by these so called sects especially in Africa is a partial truth, and the worst form of lie is a partial truth.

It is better to seek the TRUTH through the Master of the Universe so that you might be free, and also free others from the shackles of religion.

Come and see the hypocrisy and deceit of religion exposed here:

https://www.nairaland.com/4133300/gospel-truth

May the Uncreated One make our path straight...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Powerful Truths From The Book Of Revelation - Joseph Prince / Where Do I Redeem My Vow / I Want You , My Nairaland Bros And Sis To Pray For Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 167
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.