Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,567 members, 7,820,045 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:59 AM

One Big Mistake - Poems For Review - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Poems For Review / One Big Mistake (315 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

One Big Mistake by lalaponcus(m): 9:34am On Aug 30, 2017
ONE BIG MISTAKE

It all began with a thought.
A thought that I ruminated on, like a hen brooding over her eggs.
Like a hand fan, the feeling of self-pride stoked the fire of hatred.
Like a child bringing kerosene to fuel fire on a dumping site, my thoughts of self-dependence came to help stir up the anger.

And I so I hated them.
Stockpiling munitions (weapons) of hardcore rap to help strengthen my weak mind against any feelings of forgiveness.
Poring my eyes over the Mario Puzo classic books in order to learn the ways of the Sicilians.

For vengeance is the macaroni they eat,
And unforgivenessss is the red wine that leaves a crimson stain on their lips.

I never knew that their history moulded them that way.
For the Lumpara (short gun) has been a personal family possession that helped them protect themselves against the government.
Kind of like the Ak- 47s being wielded by the American black Panthers against the government.

In my state of hatred,
A word burst out carelessly from my lips.
An action materialized through thoughtless planning.
A finger hit the 'send' button to ferry across a hate filled text.
The fingers clenched together to form a fist that landed squarely on the other person's face.
The mind cowered and forced the feet to run away while the other person uttered cries for help.

A big mistake I later realized it was.

For the engineer called 'time' came to untangle the brain neuron wires which were not fully functioning.
For a violent wind called 'hurricane Holy Spirit' began to uproot all foundations of hatred within me.
For the blazing and raging fire of hate was doused by the cold water of love.
For I desired to become a citizen of the new Jerusalem instead of Sicily.

A place where they feast on lamb roast of forgiveness.
A place where they raise chalices filled with the wine of humility, to their lips.

And so I apologize;
To my day three (secondary school) friend Henry Ogu, I am sorry for being the world's greatest jerk.
To my day four (university) friends, Shalom and Bridget , I apologize for being the world's best promise and fail friend.
To my day five friend Monalisa, I apologize for acting out my frustrations in the spur of the moment.
And to everyone else who I may have hurt bad, I say I am indeed sorry.

There goes my apology.
The key that opens the room filled with foul and defective air, in order to let it out and clear the air.
The hands that opens the cage and lets my joy fly out gleefully.

There goes my apology.
Words that heal the world at all times.

Hey friends.
We all wrong people at some times, yet we must not be so proud to acknowledge our wrongs and apologize. None is perfect: only Edumare is.
#BASHORUN

Okontas.com

Mọ̀jà mọ̀sá ni ti akínkanjú; akínkanjú tó bá mọ̀ọ́ jà tí ò mọ̀ọ́ sá, á b'ógun lọ / Know when to quit.

(1) (Reply)

The Act Of The Political Actors / My First Girlfriend / Reflections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.