Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,753 members, 7,824,159 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:25 AM

2019 Election: PDP Woos Dangote For Presidency - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019 Election: PDP Woos Dangote For Presidency (2247 Views)

Edo Election: PDP Woos Obaseki With Jonathan’s Visit. 'Not True' Edo Government / Throwback : PDP Woos Dangote For 2019 Presidency / Governorship Election: PDP Woos Ambode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

2019 Election: PDP Woos Dangote For Presidency by Beress(m): 10:59am On Aug 30, 2017
There are strong indications that the leadership of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has started making overtures to billionaire business man, Alhaji Aliko Dangote, to come and contest for the presidential election on its platform ahead of the 2019 general election.

Daily Times quoted a top source in the PDP as saying that the party, in a determined effort to win the 2019 election, has already sent emissary to the billionaire businessman, who is from Kano state.

The source further said that the decision to reach out to Dangote with a view to wooing him to come and contest for the presidential election on the platform of the PDP, was part of the decisions reached by members of a think tank committee put together by the immediate past President of the country, Dr. Jonathan Goodluck.

The source said: “I can confidently tell you that the PDP has made overtures to Alhaji Aliko Dangote to come and fly the presidential flag of our party for the 2019 presidential election.

“So many things were taken into consideration before the party arrived at this decision. Alhaji Dangote has the clout, the pedigree, the name, the followership and above all the financial war chest to match any presidential candidate that the governing All Progressives Congress (APC) or any other party may be bringing forward in 2019”.

It was also gathered that aside from President Muhammadu Buhari, who Dangote was said to have spent personal money running into about N37 billion in 2015 to help in realising the presidential ambition, the billionaire had also equally made a lot on financial contributions to the emergence of other past presidents in the country.

Another source within the party said: “If Dangote can make financial contributions to ensure the emergence of other past Presidents in the country in the past, don’t you think he will be willing and ready to spend any amount to realise his own presidential ambition if he accepts the overture from the PDP?

“This is one of the reasons why the PDP made the overtures to him (Dangote) and we sincerely hope and pray that he accepts it. If he does, the journey to the Aso Rock presidential villa for the PDP in 2019 would have been made less stressful and less thorny”.

Meanwhile, a source close to Dangote, when contacted by the online outlet, said that his principal is not interested in politics, adding that the PDP should look elsewhere for its candidate.

The source, who pleaded for anonymity, said: “The attempt to woo him will fail because Dangote is not interested in politics. He is a businessman to the core and what you just asked me to react to is a distraction.

“The PDP should go and look elsewhere for its candidate for 2019 as Dangote is committed to his core vision and desire to invest and create jobs to the people”.

http://www.nigeriatoday.ng/2017/08/2019-election-pdp-woos-dangote-for-presidency/amp/
Re: 2019 Election: PDP Woos Dangote For Presidency by paiz: 11:02am On Aug 30, 2017
Dangote will really be an opposition if he agrees.
Bubu fit die of heart attack oo

4 Likes

Re: 2019 Election: PDP Woos Dangote For Presidency by eezeribe(m): 11:03am On Aug 30, 2017
They have been wooing him... even when I was still studying social studies and primary science.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2019 Election: PDP Woos Dangote For Presidency by Beress(m): 11:03am On Aug 30, 2017
This is going to be interesting!

Dangote/Obi will nail APC!!

Lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: 2019 Election: PDP Woos Dangote For Presidency by madridguy(m): 11:04am On Aug 30, 2017
tongue grin
Re: 2019 Election: PDP Woos Dangote For Presidency by Basic123: 11:04am On Aug 30, 2017
This PDP is desperate

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2019 Election: PDP Woos Dangote For Presidency by NOC1(m): 11:04am On Aug 30, 2017
hahahhaha let Dangote try it, i will be richer than him in six months.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019 Election: PDP Woos Dangote For Presidency by madridguy(m): 11:05am On Aug 30, 2017
One Million Dangote/Obi cannot see draw shocked shocked shocked

Beress:

Lalasticlala

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019 Election: PDP Woos Dangote For Presidency by eezeribe(m): 11:05am On Aug 30, 2017
paiz:
Wehdon sir..
Re: 2019 Election: PDP Woos Dangote For Presidency by madridguy(m): 11:06am On Aug 30, 2017
You head is valid boss. Dangote won't fall for the cheap scam by the satanic party.

NOC1:
hahahhaha let Dangote try it, i will be richer than him in six months.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019 Election: PDP Woos Dangote For Presidency by NOC1(m): 11:06am On Aug 30, 2017
Beress:

Lalasticlala

wake-up dreamer it is not possible, if dangote venture into politics he will regret it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019 Election: PDP Woos Dangote For Presidency by PeterObi2019(m): 11:08am On Aug 30, 2017
I believe this is going to be perfect!

Aliko Dangote - President

Peter Obi - Vice President

Killer squad

3 Likes

Re: 2019 Election: PDP Woos Dangote For Presidency by EvilMetahuman: 11:11am On Aug 30, 2017
Dangote obi ko dangote chucwku okike ni.
Re: 2019 Election: PDP Woos Dangote For Presidency by Beress(m): 11:12am On Aug 30, 2017
NOC1:

wake-up dreamer it is not possible, if dangote venture into politics he will regret it.

You guys are already afraid of this combo grin

Don't worry 2019 is here... We shall flush u guys out with ur demonic party cheesy

1 Like

Re: 2019 Election: PDP Woos Dangote For Presidency by AkProsper(m): 11:15am On Aug 30, 2017
He sad he's no doing. nah by force?.

check my signature⏬⏬⏬

1 Like

Re: 2019 Election: PDP Woos Dangote For Presidency by adem30: 11:16am On Aug 30, 2017
Even PDP knew there is nobody presently in their camp to defeat Buhari.....

They will soon go and wake Abiola and Yaradua from grave to contest against Buhari

2 Likes

Re: 2019 Election: PDP Woos Dangote For Presidency by EmeeNaka: 11:16am On Aug 30, 2017
if Dangote join politics, a can of worms will be opened.
But then, he will eventually defeat any candidate standing against him.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019 Election: PDP Woos Dangote For Presidency by Booby88(m): 11:17am On Aug 30, 2017
madridguy:
You head is valid boss. Dangote won't fall for the cheap scam by the satanic party.

Zombies are already hanging themselves over Dangote running under PDP

3 Likes

Re: 2019 Election: PDP Woos Dangote For Presidency by omenkaLives(m): 11:18am On Aug 30, 2017
Dangote is no doubt a great businessman but that doesn't necessarily mean he'd make a good politician.

For illustration, look no further than the US.

Thanks.
Re: 2019 Election: PDP Woos Dangote For Presidency by Oluwabusobomi(f): 11:21am On Aug 30, 2017
omenkaLives:
Dangote is no doubt a great businessman but that doesn't necessarily mean he'd make a good politician.

Thanks.

Zombie

4 Likes

Re: 2019 Election: PDP Woos Dangote For Presidency by Oluwabusobomi(f): 11:23am On Aug 30, 2017
My vote for Dangote is sure

PDP is the party!

3 Likes

Re: 2019 Election: PDP Woos Dangote For Presidency by BabaRamota1980: 11:23am On Aug 30, 2017
What political experience does Dangote have?
This will just be another scandal.

If we look to our past who served as a standard for political maturity and competency? Whoever that person is, thats the model we should replicate for the future.
Re: 2019 Election: PDP Woos Dangote For Presidency by mars123(m): 11:24am On Aug 30, 2017
I don't believe all these political jingoism but I believe Nigeria could grow under SOMEONE LIKE Dangote...Don't ask me why, every reasonable person should know!!!
Re: 2019 Election: PDP Woos Dangote For Presidency by BMZK: 11:33am On Aug 30, 2017
According to Bloomberg Markets Magazine, Dangote declared that he was not cut out for politics, stressing that he was more comfortable with business. In a recent interview (August 2017) he told the magazine:
“No, I’m not interested in active politics. There’s quite a lot we can do from the business side. I enjoy a lot of what I am doing and I also love my freedom and I don’t have too much.

“The little (freedom) I have, politics would take away. I am not ready to give that up. There are businessmen who are interested in politics. I’m not one of them.

1 Like

Re: 2019 Election: PDP Woos Dangote For Presidency by Feranchek(m): 11:37am On Aug 30, 2017
I don't know who the PDP will bring come 2019. But one thing I know is this: ift Booharicha contests in 2019 under A FI SEE, trust me, dem don put hand for tipper buru aja.

1 Like

Re: 2019 Election: PDP Woos Dangote For Presidency by mars123(m): 11:38am On Aug 30, 2017
BabaRamota1980:
What political experience does Dangote have?
This will just be another scandal.

If we look to our past who served as a standard for political maturity and competency? Whoever that person is, thats the model we should replicate for the future.
There is a standard na im Naija still be like this??
The worse of the society na im dey make am for here, no other way. Good people become corrupt to survive.

Now almost every politician is against restructuring because they know that is the only way to bring a semblance of sanity back to the system.
Re: 2019 Election: PDP Woos Dangote For Presidency by EazyMoh(m): 11:43am On Aug 30, 2017
SMH

Re: 2019 Election: PDP Woos Dangote For Presidency by Nobody: 11:46am On Aug 30, 2017
Joining politics would mean the death of the dangote group. Dangote should not make the mistakes that Orji Kalu, Jimoh Ibrahim and Ifeanyi Uba made.
He is already more powerful than most presidents. He should continue ruling the business world. May be when he turns 70 or 80 he may give politics a thought.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019 Election: PDP Woos Dangote For Presidency by morbeta(m): 11:46am On Aug 30, 2017
If Obj says yes to Dangote's presidency, it's done.
Re: 2019 Election: PDP Woos Dangote For Presidency by Iamzik: 11:48am On Aug 30, 2017
omenkaLives:

Thanks.

And what is wrong with the US?

Trump won against the wishes of corrupt Washington establishment, corrupt republicans, openly biased media and the Clintons and he's doing a fine job for someone who has no previous political experience.

Trump is not perfect but America is regaining her lost reputation that went down the drain under Obama.

If Dangote is willing, he will be better than Buhari by far.

5 Likes

Re: 2019 Election: PDP Woos Dangote For Presidency by otokx(m): 11:48am On Aug 30, 2017
Dangote should not fall for the same mistake as Abiola.

1 Like

Re: 2019 Election: PDP Woos Dangote For Presidency by GavelSlam: 12:00pm On Aug 30, 2017
After dem chop Ifeanyi Ubah money and clean mouth.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari Creates Healthcare System Called BuhariCare !! / B.r.e.a.k.i.n.g: Sokoto State Governor Aminu Tambuwal Decamps To PDP - Pics / Kano Deputy Governor, Abubakar Dumps APC For PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.