Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,465 members, 7,819,702 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:18 PM

Photos Of A Weird Black Masquerade Spotted At A Festival In South East - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Photos Of A Weird Black Masquerade Spotted At A Festival In South East (42762 Views)

Masquerade Spotted Chilling On Moving Bus In Lagos / One-Year-Old Masquerade Spotted In Isolo, Lagos (Photo, Video) / Masquerade Spotted Asking A Lady For Her Phone Number (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos Of A Weird Black Masquerade Spotted At A Festival In South East by 1metre: 10:53am On Aug 31, 2017
jerrybakermillz:
but DAD you are joying the fruit of western civilization, culture is a way of life... Back then our culture slaughter born twins and use human sacrifice, is that not too barbaric? The only culture i chose to embrace is peace and love, and i get to find that only in Christianity..... Don't know about you DAD, but feel free to dance around naked with your joystick, i bet you i will understand when you are coming from
it's your identity that was sold to the western world that ushered in the western civilization you feel u are enjoying. African hv their culture, the western also hv theirs. They brought religion to blind you and they gave u western education. Do u think Africa as a continent could not hv survive outside colonialism? We could hv developed beyond your imagination despite western influence. We hv our culture son,barbarism is not tenent of cultural heritage, they are part of history and has been condemned. When a dad dance unclad the shame follows the son till eternity. Be wise son
Re: Photos Of A Weird Black Masquerade Spotted At A Festival In South East by Nickymezor(f): 12:03pm On Aug 31, 2017
tosyne2much:
Nickymezor come and see ooo cool
For SE.indeed... Dat one na demon querade. smiley. So ugly N xtremely weird shocked undecided
Re: Photos Of A Weird Black Masquerade Spotted At A Festival In South East by iamord(m): 8:34am On Sep 01, 2017
Fulaman198:

So religions in Ancient Sudan and Egypt were depicted by the devil? The ancient Fulani religion of Kumen had devilish aspects? Blacks have developed many organized and legitimate religions in the past. The problem is that there are a few Africans who know little to nothing about their ancient and traditional cultures that often they find themselves speaking rubbish and bad mouthing everything African related.
the mere fact that blacks know little or nothing about their traditional religions and culture shows that there is something wrong with its foundation and Heriacrahy .And in this progressive age of information . You should not be ashamed to look deep into the trooth and do away with the negatives else you wil fade out of history like the rest did. This is not about supporting blindly .What I see here is not progressive . You don't just tie yourself to something all in the name of culture

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of A Weird Black Masquerade Spotted At A Festival In South East by Oyindidi(f): 4:29pm On Sep 01, 2017
esosuo2:

undecided
Eso, how you dey na?
Re: Photos Of A Weird Black Masquerade Spotted At A Festival In South East by Fulaman198(m): 8:37pm On Sep 01, 2017
iamord:
the mere fact that blacks know little or nothing about their traditional religions and culture shows that there is something wrong with its foundation and Heriacrahy .And in this progressive age of information . You should not be ashamed to look deep into the trooth and do away with the negatives else you wil fade out of history like the rest did. This is not about supporting blindly .What I see here is not progressive . You don't just tie yourself to something all in the name of culture

No, there is absolutely nothing wrong with the foundation and hierarchy of respective traditional religions. The problem is with black people constantly undermining themselves when at many times in the past, Fulani, Songhai and Touareg had established some of the most advanced education in the world during the age of Timbuktu. Heck, the first University came from Timbuktu, Mali:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4pJTaiev8k

The problem with many blacks in Nigeria is brainwashing and inferiority complex (which is not the case with blacks in other African countries besides Nigeria, Ivory Coast and South Africa).
Re: Photos Of A Weird Black Masquerade Spotted At A Festival In South East by esosuo2: 10:29pm On Sep 01, 2017
Oyindidi:
Eso, how you dey na?
Mi dey as u leave mi oh
Re: Photos Of A Weird Black Masquerade Spotted At A Festival In South East by Fabulouski(m): 12:16pm On Sep 07, 2017
Jahsam:

Which one? What is it called in particular?

I don't believe this is an Akwa-Ibom masquerade. Our masquerades usually wear masks, at least the ones I am aware of.
That's exactly how some masquerade in Ikono, Ibiono and the likes look. Don't know their names sha

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Photos Of A Weird Black Masquerade Spotted At A Festival In South East by Fabulouski(m): 12:19pm On Sep 07, 2017
Barfibassey:
u dey crazy? My friend can u see that is shukushuku abiama himself.
Lol
Saw something like this @ikono, Ibiono, Ibesikpo, even in Uyo.
Re: Photos Of A Weird Black Masquerade Spotted At A Festival In South East by Nobody: 3:10pm On Sep 07, 2017
Fabulouski:

That's exactly how some masquerade in Ikono, Ibiono and the likes look. Don't know their names sha

Really? That's very interesting.
Re: Photos Of A Weird Black Masquerade Spotted At A Festival In South East by Cinnamon1492: 5:01am On Sep 26, 2017
What is the Igbo Religion? its is similar to the Yoruban?
After reading this tread... Yorubans have an anglo-saxon vibe about them. WHERE THEY DONT LET PEOPLE REST.
for example they are bothered by surrounding tribes and not fixed their own house. sad it low-key ENVY you see it in western culture

Why do they only live for Great Britain and Europe? I think most of Nigerian have colonial mentality still. very weak.
Instead of asking what Jesus would do? they ask what whiteman would do?
- the keep the land lines that are artificle drawn by whiteman
-they keep the religion of whiteman
-they keep the language of whiteman
BUT ITS A INDEPENDENT COUNTRY

WHY ARE THERE SO MANY CHRISTIANS IN NIGERIA? when you know it a cult. Even your own Christian religion say the road to heaven is not that wide.

Re: Photos Of A Weird Black Masquerade Spotted At A Festival In South East by Ayobami7(m): 12:26pm On Nov 13, 2018
This is my Comment
Re: Photos Of A Weird Black Masquerade Spotted At A Festival In South East by babtoundey(m): 7:11pm On Nov 13, 2018
shurley22:
What rubbish!
A very big rubbish
Re: Photos Of A Weird Black Masquerade Spotted At A Festival In South East by bass7: 11:33am On Nov 20, 2018
That masquerade is from (nkwaegwu) Umuahia in abia state.
Re: Photos Of A Weird Black Masquerade Spotted At A Festival In South East by neutral2000: 10:42pm On Mar 11, 2020
Hmm

Re: Photos Of A Weird Black Masquerade Spotted At A Festival In South East by TA4TA4: 12:29am On Mar 13, 2020
OneHead:
Culture is one of the fun in our communities, It unites us and gives us a huge dose of recreation and joy.

Many remarkable festivals like the new yam festival in Igbo land are good times to celebrate admidst hard times.

This masquurade was sighted somewhere in the east thoght the facebook user did not say where exactly when she shared...

See More Pictueres Of Frightening Masquarades....
http://www.naaija.com/2017/08/caption-masquerade-saw-facebook/

Lalasticlala Fulaman198, odumchi, bigfrancis21

I saw this online..... I call it BLACK FACE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ve4vR0fBd2E

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Young Man Engages Masquerade In A Flogging Contest As Villagers Watch. Photos / Emir Sanusi Buys A Rolls Royce (Photo) / Tobi Philips Dating Ooni Of Ife, Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.