Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,317 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:12 AM

Hundreds Of Ford Owners Sue Ford For Bad Wheel Nuts (photos) - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Hundreds Of Ford Owners Sue Ford For Bad Wheel Nuts (photos) (20202 Views)

The History And Evolution Of Ford Expedition / The Good Old Days Of Ford Explorer / Engine Number Of Ford Edge 2007 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hundreds Of Ford Owners Sue Ford For Bad Wheel Nuts (photos) by autojosh: 3:15pm On Aug 30, 2017
Hundreds of Ford owners from over 10 states in the US have reportedly sued Ford for installing bad wheel nuts in their cars.

Some of the affected brands are The Ford Fusion, Flex, Focus, Escape and F-350. The wheel nuts were said to be not strong enough, causing them to swell and break, also making it difficult to replace or remove wheels without involving some expensive method.

The law suit was filed by a law firm, Hagens Berman, which came before the US District for the Eastern District of Michigan, on Thursday, the 24th.

According to the managing partner of the firm, Steve Berman, “We’re not talking about breakthrough technology or computerized aspects of the auto world. We’re talking about possibly the simplest part of the car — the lug nuts. Ford chose to make its lug nuts with an inferior design that puts cosmetics ahead of safety and directly led to harm to consumers,”

If you have ordered or pre-ordered any of the Ford brands mentioned, it’s strongly advised you have your agent check for this fault.

See more photos;

https://autojosh.com/hundreds-ford-owners-sue-ford-bad-wheel-nuts/

1 Like

Re: Hundreds Of Ford Owners Sue Ford For Bad Wheel Nuts (photos) by autojosh: 3:15pm On Aug 30, 2017

Re: Hundreds Of Ford Owners Sue Ford For Bad Wheel Nuts (photos) by Mologi(m): 3:19pm On Aug 30, 2017
I don't drive ford...

I drive myself...

So I have nothing to say...

Other than to say that ,I say that I have nothing to say!!!

22 Likes

Re: Hundreds Of Ford Owners Sue Ford For Bad Wheel Nuts (photos) by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:20pm On Aug 30, 2017
Americans are too sensitive, Lexus and toyota especially the RX330 have same issue, but no one sued them, maybe their turn will soon come sha

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hundreds Of Ford Owners Sue Ford For Bad Wheel Nuts (photos) by kingreign(m): 3:56pm On Aug 30, 2017
GAZZUZZ:
Americans are too sensitive, Lexus and toyota especially the RX330 have same issue, but no one sued them, maybe their turn will soon come sha

We love our Lexus RX330 wheel lug nuts like that and we won't sue lexus cheesy cheesy

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hundreds Of Ford Owners Sue Ford For Bad Wheel Nuts (photos) by sultaan(m): 4:56pm On Aug 30, 2017
Even my 2000 grand Cherokee had the same prob!em starts when you use the wrong size of socket.

I learnt that 11 years ago when I bought my first Jeep
Re: Hundreds Of Ford Owners Sue Ford For Bad Wheel Nuts (photos) by Readonee35L(m): 5:44pm On Aug 30, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

I'm not racist . But seriously I dislike most Americans.
They Complain too MUCH.
They hardly appreciate something. They must say shit it.
You will see an American complaining about squeaky breaks after using the brake pads for thousands of miles or years!!! .
And they will rate the car 1 star. And write I will never buy this car again.
Same American will not change his Cvt transmission after riding it for 100,000 miles.
If the Cvt fails they will rant and say bull shut about Nissan. Complain on all forums and write so many bad things about the car .
Americans also abuse cars.
Only few enthusiasts take care of their car properly in that country.
That's why they dispose their cars after the warranty expires .
An American will buy a $50,000 car and frown at a $5,000 repair. And condemn the car saying it's not reliable .
No car is perfect . It must have a minor flaw.
The cool thing is they have good mechanics. Which guarantees quality repairs. That's why their cars are not as bad as ours .

Goto carcomplaints and see the silly complaints they write about cars. Some might complain of replacing battery at 70,000 miles. Saying the car has cheap quality .
Mofos

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hundreds Of Ford Owners Sue Ford For Bad Wheel Nuts (photos) by mayor2013: 5:52pm On Aug 30, 2017
Common wheel nuts and we have all these noise. There is serious poverty in that land. This is just too petty

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hundreds Of Ford Owners Sue Ford For Bad Wheel Nuts (photos) by Doctorphil: 7:03pm On Aug 30, 2017
Hahaha this is crazy

Reminds me of "Deez Nuts"
Re: Hundreds Of Ford Owners Sue Ford For Bad Wheel Nuts (photos) by Nobody: 7:03pm On Aug 30, 2017
A sane society protect its citizens

1 Like

Re: Hundreds Of Ford Owners Sue Ford For Bad Wheel Nuts (photos) by BornnAgainChild(f): 7:04pm On Aug 30, 2017
Ford still dey
Re: Hundreds Of Ford Owners Sue Ford For Bad Wheel Nuts (photos) by baike: 7:04pm On Aug 30, 2017
what yahoo boys get to do with this?
Re: Hundreds Of Ford Owners Sue Ford For Bad Wheel Nuts (photos) by Joshmedia1: 7:05pm On Aug 30, 2017
Mologi:
I don't drive ford...

I drive myself...

So I have nothing to say...

Other than to say that ,I say that I have nothing to say!!!

Re: Hundreds Of Ford Owners Sue Ford For Bad Wheel Nuts (photos) by iamleumas: 7:05pm On Aug 30, 2017
Nairalanders rejoice with me, I just bought a brand new apple laptop

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hundreds Of Ford Owners Sue Ford For Bad Wheel Nuts (photos) by apesinola001: 7:06pm On Aug 30, 2017
FORD, why now
Re: Hundreds Of Ford Owners Sue Ford For Bad Wheel Nuts (photos) by Damilare6293: 7:07pm On Aug 30, 2017
can u imagine....u see motor u no happy na wheel nuts be ur concern...
Re: Hundreds Of Ford Owners Sue Ford For Bad Wheel Nuts (photos) by Kronical(m): 7:07pm On Aug 30, 2017
Alright.. Americans complaining about ford..

Nigerians complaining about Honda..

Choi..
Re: Hundreds Of Ford Owners Sue Ford For Bad Wheel Nuts (photos) by Jeezuzpick(m): 7:09pm On Aug 30, 2017
Americans no get joy.

For Naija, na to just go buy China-made continue life.

1 Like

Re: Hundreds Of Ford Owners Sue Ford For Bad Wheel Nuts (photos) by Jaqenhghar: 7:09pm On Aug 30, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

You think they are like Nigerians who dont know their rights and dont know the value of human life?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hundreds Of Ford Owners Sue Ford For Bad Wheel Nuts (photos) by muller101(m): 7:11pm On Aug 30, 2017
FORD. ......fails on rainy day
Re: Hundreds Of Ford Owners Sue Ford For Bad Wheel Nuts (photos) by muller101(m): 7:14pm On Aug 30, 2017
Damilare6293:
can u imagine....u see motor u no happy na wheel nuts be ur concern...
what keeps the wheel not to disengage from the axle. Is it not the wheel nuts? Respect ur self grin

1 Like

Re: Hundreds Of Ford Owners Sue Ford For Bad Wheel Nuts (photos) by muller101(m): 7:15pm On Aug 30, 2017
BornnAgainChild:
Ford still dey
Go to USA and u will know they exist
Re: Hundreds Of Ford Owners Sue Ford For Bad Wheel Nuts (photos) by christopher123(m): 7:16pm On Aug 30, 2017
Ordinary wheel nut...can't they change it

Americans like wahala
Re: Hundreds Of Ford Owners Sue Ford For Bad Wheel Nuts (photos) by InvertedHammer: 7:17pm On Aug 30, 2017
Readonee35L:

They Complain too MUCH.
You will see an American complaining about squeaky breaks after using the brake pads for thousands of miles or years!!! .
Same American will not change his Cvt transmission after riding it for 100,000 miles.
If the Cvt fails they will rant and say bull shut about Nissan. Complain on all forums and write so many bad things about the car .
An American will buy a $50,000 car and frown at a $5,000 repair. And condemn the car saying it's not reliable .
The cool thing is they have good mechanics. Which guarantees quality repairs. That's why their cars are not as bad as ours .

Goto carcomplaints and see the silly complaints they write about cars. Some might complain of replacing battery at 70,000 miles. Saying the car has cheap quality .
Mofos
\
Companies in US find ways to bilk their customers while customers find ways to milk them.

Don't you think everything you mentioned above happens for reason?

/

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hundreds Of Ford Owners Sue Ford For Bad Wheel Nuts (photos) by BornnAgainChild(f): 7:17pm On Aug 30, 2017
muller101:
Go to USA and u will know they exist

Take me there
Re: Hundreds Of Ford Owners Sue Ford For Bad Wheel Nuts (photos) by airsaylongcon: 7:19pm On Aug 30, 2017
Readonee35L:

They Complain too MUCH.

Mofos

CVT tranny done show me pepper. Audi made the worst CVT ever

1 Like

Re: Hundreds Of Ford Owners Sue Ford For Bad Wheel Nuts (photos) by Ten06(m): 7:26pm On Aug 30, 2017
It's true, the last time I went to fix my Tyre the vulcanizer had to use hammer to hit the wheel spanner before it could enter to lose my wheel nuts
Re: Hundreds Of Ford Owners Sue Ford For Bad Wheel Nuts (photos) by ruffcoin09(m): 7:26pm On Aug 30, 2017
Nigerians will carry americas wahala on their head like gala.

3 Likes

Re: Hundreds Of Ford Owners Sue Ford For Bad Wheel Nuts (photos) by ruffcoin09(m): 7:31pm On Aug 30, 2017
Anyone in dallas Texas
Re: Hundreds Of Ford Owners Sue Ford For Bad Wheel Nuts (photos) by EdDave(m): 7:34pm On Aug 30, 2017
Re: Hundreds Of Ford Owners Sue Ford For Bad Wheel Nuts (photos) by Kingbuhari(m): 7:54pm On Aug 30, 2017
kingreign:

We love our Lexus RX330 wheel lug nuts like that and we won't sue lexus cheesy cheesy
my niqqa RX350 is a bae , anything less than that I'm not driving grin

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Automobile Workers Kick Against FG Move To Slash Vehicles Duty To 10% / See Why You Should Never Drive Your Car On Empty Tank / What's The Most Reliable Car You've Ever Owned?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.