Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,978 members, 7,852,301 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 03:40 PM

See How Much EFCC Has Recovered From Looters - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See How Much EFCC Has Recovered From Looters (554 Views)

FG Saves N500b From Looters / I Will Recover Nigeria's Money From Looters, Send Them To Prison - Buhari / SPIP Recovers Millions Of Dollars From Looters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See How Much EFCC Has Recovered From Looters by nghubs1(m): 5:53pm On Aug 30, 2017
The acting Chairman of the Economic and Financials Crimes Commission (EFCC), Ibrahim Magu, today gave details of monies recovered by the agency between Jan and Aug 2017.

Magu speaking the recovered loots said EFCC has recovered sixty nine million, five hundred and one thousand, one hundred and fifty six thousand dollars ($69,501,156.67 :N409,270,706,686.75)

He also revealed that his fight against corruption is fair, adding that he means no harm to anybody.

Magu added that between January and August, the commission has recorded 137 convictions.

Magu said

“What drives me is passion to do what is right by ensuring that we fight corruption to a standstill in this country.

“Between January and August 30, 2017, the EFCC recovered N409,270,706,686.75; $69,501,156.67

“Two Hundred and Thirty One Thousand, One Hundred and Eighteen Pounds, Sixty Nine Shillings, was also recovered.

“Four Hundred & Forty Three Thousand, Four Hundred Dirham; and Seventy Thousand, Five Hundred Saudi Riyal (SR70, 500.00),

“In area of prosecution of cases in court, we’re also making progress despite antics of some persons, I have no issues with anybody. Those who think they have issues with me will soon discover I mean no harm.

“Between January and August this year, EFCC recorded 137 convictions…potentials for improvement are good.”

He concluded by saying that there is still more to be done thus EFCC will not rest on their oars and still sought assistance and cooperation of Nigerians

“Remarkable as this feat is, we are not resting on our oars. We believe there is still a lot to be done.

“We do not pretend to have a monopoly of knowledge on how to win the war against corruption.”

“The anti-corruption campaign requires a concerted effort. I enjoin members of the public to be part of this effort. We need your support.”

http://www.nghubs.com/see-how-much-efcc-has-recovered-from-looters/

Re: See How Much EFCC Has Recovered From Looters by nghubs1(m): 5:53pm On Aug 30, 2017
Lalasticlala mynd44
Re: See How Much EFCC Has Recovered From Looters by fk001(m): 5:57pm On Aug 30, 2017
Magu the fearless Kanuri man

Nothing do you sir.
Re: See How Much EFCC Has Recovered From Looters by Paperwhite(m): 6:05pm On Aug 30, 2017
Where is all these monies? Why is government still borrowing if the funds are really recovered Now tell us again-who are the real owners of the staggering amount of monies discovered @ Kaduna Airport, Balogun Market,Airforce shopping Plaza VI,Osborne Towers.Why have the media frenzy money discoveries suddenly come to an abrupt end? EFCC don't tire? Answers pls.
Re: See How Much EFCC Has Recovered From Looters by mainkendo: 6:12pm On Aug 30, 2017
What usefulness has the loot been used for.
Re: See How Much EFCC Has Recovered From Looters by xarookqh(m): 6:41pm On Aug 30, 2017
Like we don't know It's all going to end up in the hands of another corrupt government official.
It might not be the EFCC's intention, but it is inevitable
It's just a cycle used to recycle and redistribute money within the government
They think Nigerians are Naive angry
Re: See How Much EFCC Has Recovered From Looters by greatiyk4u(m): 6:51pm On Aug 30, 2017
mainkendo:
What usefulness has the loot been used for.

Payment of N POWER beneficiaries
Re: See How Much EFCC Has Recovered From Looters by bennie1980(m): 7:38pm On Aug 30, 2017
This nothing compared to what we were made to believe they got from Alison Madueke. Or is it the usual APC propaganda?

(1) (Reply)

Where Were Nigerian Celebrities When Benue Flood Happened / Is It Just Me Or Have You Noticed This Oddity About Nairaland / Benue Flood: What Will Benue People Remember This Day For (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.