Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,196 members, 7,953,713 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 12:26 AM

Nigeria Has Failed In The Battle Against Corruption - EFCC Chairman, Magu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Has Failed In The Battle Against Corruption - EFCC Chairman, Magu (469 Views)

N500bn Social Investment Scheme Has Failed In North –aisha Buhari / EFCC Chairman, Magu Meets UK Authorities, Begins Diezani’s Extradition Process / What Nuhu Ribadu Wrote About Atiku In 2010 When He Was EFCC Chairman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Has Failed In The Battle Against Corruption - EFCC Chairman, Magu by TunnyOgunnowo(m): 7:18pm On Aug 30, 2017
The chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, Ibrahim Magu, has described the war on corruption in Nigeria as almost lost, saying a lot needs to be done to revive it.

Speaking with journalists at a luncheon in Abuja on Wednesday, Mr. Magu said corruption was fighting back.
“The way we are going we have already failed. I am telling you we have almost failed. It is almost lost. The battle against corruption is not only evil, it is a poison,” the chairman said.

He however added that despite the challenges, a lot of successes had been recorded by the commission, between January and August 2017.
“Regardless of the challenges that we have faced and continue to face, I am happy to report that we are making progress,” he said.

“Many of you are aware of the achievements that we have recorded in the fight against corruption especially in the area of assets recovery. Two days ago, we got the court to forfeit to the Nigerian Government a sum of N7.6 billion which was hidden in a Nigerian bank by former petroleum resources minister, Diezani Alison-Madueke.

“Two weeks earlier, another court issued a temporary forfeiture order to seize properties worth Twenty One Million, Three Hundred and Ninety Two Thousand, Two Hundred and Twenty Four Thousand Dollars ($21,392,224) belonging to the same former minister. Those properties are awaiting final forfeiture.

“Over a month ago, the Commission recovered over N329 billion from a group of oil marketers for the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation. These are major recoveries from a sector of the economy. But to give a holistic picture of the aggressive drive to recover stolen wealth, I have the pleasure to report that the Commission between January and August 30, 2017 recorded the following monetary recoveries:

“Four Hundred and Nine Billion, Two Hundred and Seventy Million, Seven Hundred and Six Thousand, Six Hundred and Eighty Six Naira, Seventy Five Kobo (N409, 270, 706,686.75); Sixty Nine Million, Five Hundred and One Thousand, One Hundred and Fifty Six Dollars, Sixty Seven Cents ($69, 501,156.67); Two Hundred and Thirty One Thousand, One Hundred and Eighteen Pounds, Sixty Nine Shillings (Pounds 231,118.69; Six Hundred and Ten Thousand, Eight Hundred and Sixteen Thousand, Twenty Euros (Euro 610,816.20); Four Hundred and Forty Three Thousand, Four Hundred Dirham (Dirham 443,400.00 and (Seventy Thousand, Five Hundred Saudi Riyal (SR70, 500.00). he said

View source: http://www.absolutehearts.com/2017/08/nigeria-has-failed-in-war-against.html

cc Mynd44 OAM4J lalasticlala

Re: Nigeria Has Failed In The Battle Against Corruption - EFCC Chairman, Magu by akpamuomenka: 7:19pm On Aug 30, 2017
Booked
Re: Nigeria Has Failed In The Battle Against Corruption - EFCC Chairman, Magu by Nobody: 7:30pm On Aug 30, 2017
Wey all these billions now, they even add kobo join am.

Nothing can stop me from taking my share out of this money if na me recover am.
Re: Nigeria Has Failed In The Battle Against Corruption - EFCC Chairman, Magu by Benekruku(m): 7:41pm On Aug 30, 2017
I ask so that I may learn. If PDP had won the last election in 2015, would Dezi-baby be facing any form of trial today?

I ask so I may know. Would they not be spending our money freely now with those whose destinies were robbed hailing and praising them?

And please can someone kindly tell the man Charly who is a boy to truly end his mumu acts. If the boy and Deji(that PDP guy you pay to show his pretty face on any kind of protest) have collected money to begin the campaign to bring Dezi-baby back, let them know it won't work.

Bring her back to a judiciary she can pay her way to freedom right? The same judiciary that saw no crime and told Ibori to go home free despite 170 count charges against him ko?

Rather than that man who calls himself a boy to call us together to go occupy the Nigerian judiciary saying 'our mumu don do', he wants to bring Dezi-baby from a system that found Ibori guilty on only 10 from the 170 that the Nigerian judiciary system declared him a saint on?

Truly our mumu don do. Someone should tell Charly and his sponsors so before his Wuse friends would visit him again.

© OmòBùHáRí
Re: Nigeria Has Failed In The Battle Against Corruption - EFCC Chairman, Magu by Nobody: 7:43pm On Aug 30, 2017
I really do not understand what all these forfeitures mean. If someone is alleged to have stolen money, is the right channel not suing the person to court and when found Guilty, the items recovered and the culprit punished by way of jailing or paying of fine? What's with all these Deziani loots and forfeitures we keep hearing about and yet she has not been charged to court...that I am aware of.

(1) (Reply)

South-east Politicians Extol Buhari, Oyegun, Plot Obiano’s Exit / “any Man Who Sleeps With Ooni’s Ex-queen May Die Prematurely” – Ifa Priest, Eleb / Nnamdi Kanu: I Will Never Go On Exile Or Be Intimidated By Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.