Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,378 members, 7,954,536 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 09:35 PM

17,000 Live Bombs Found In A House In Owerri - SunNewsOnline.com - Crime (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 17,000 Live Bombs Found In A House In Owerri - SunNewsOnline.com (35443 Views)

Illegal Arms Dealers Nabbed With 10,000 Live Cartridges In Ibadan (Photo) / Customs Intercepts Ontisha Bound Truckload Of 200,000 Live Ammunition In Niger / 300,000 Live Bullets Concealed In Trucks Intercepted By Army In Ogun (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 17,000 Live Bombs Found In A House In Owerri - SunNewsOnline.com by dizzyime: 4:50pm On Aug 31, 2017

Re: 17,000 Live Bombs Found In A House In Owerri - SunNewsOnline.com by manmidtexy(m): 4:56pm On Aug 31, 2017
I love people with intelligence in all their manifestation like you.

paiz:
44,000 Bombs 17,000 Bombs I just want to know who counted it...
Re: 17,000 Live Bombs Found In A House In Owerri - SunNewsOnline.com by paiz: 5:03pm On Aug 31, 2017
manmidtexy:
I love people with intelligence in all their manifestation like you.

God bless you
Re: 17,000 Live Bombs Found In A House In Owerri - SunNewsOnline.com by Turbocharged: 5:16pm On Aug 31, 2017
paiz:
44,000 Bombs
17,000 Bombs
I just want to know who counted it...
Professor Yakubu
Re: 17,000 Live Bombs Found In A House In Owerri - SunNewsOnline.com by agabaI23(m): 5:45pm On Aug 31, 2017
AntiIPOB:
Look at this one,so buhari stockpiled those bombs there instead of Nnamdi's village abi?

Your IQ is very low.

Prof. Yakubu made the revelation when he spoke with Sun over the weekend saying that these were bombs used during the Nigerian Civil War.

He said the explosives include 81 and 82 mm Mortar Bombs, 2” mortar bombs, which are all area neutralising bombs; 100 mm air defence ammunition for anti-aircraft defence and Fragmentation anti-personnel land mines.

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/dailypost.ng/2017/08/07/17000-bombs-set-explode-imo-state-expert-warns/amp/
Re: 17,000 Live Bombs Found In A House In Owerri - SunNewsOnline.com by jamjo: 6:00pm On Aug 31, 2017
enimooko:
Is this Fake news?
Source: http://sunnewsonline.com/soldiers-take-over-premises-of-17000-live-bombs-in-owerri/

17,000 live bombs found in a house in Owerri, another 44,000 bombs scattered around.

The Nigerian Army has deployed soldiers to take over security of the premises housing 17,000 live bombs in Owerri, the Imo State capital.

The soldiers from the 34 Artillery Brigade, Obinze, were said to have taken over the premises few days ago.

Similarly, a team of bomb experts from the 34 Artillery Brigade have been dispatched to the site where the explosives are being stockpiled at No. 109, Achike Udenka Avenue in new Owerri, a densely populated area, to get a first hand information of the situation on the explosives, with a view to reporting to the authorities on the next line of action.

This is even as Professor Yakubu, has raised fresh alarm over the presence of another 44,000, bombs in some uncleared locations across the southeastern part of the country, saying some of these explosives are located in schools, churches, markets and other public places.

Biafran Secret Service Fear
The explosive expert who expressed delight over the concern of the army authorities, especially with the security challenges in the country and the establishment of a Biafran Secret Service recently, said “the soldiers would guard the place until we are ready to destroy the bombs.”
Beside the military authorities, Yakubu, said he had also been contacted by officials from the Department of State Security Services(DSS), who he said have been providing security for the premises after he contacted them over the issue during the 2015 general elections.

Security on the premises

When contacted over the security of the premises by soldiers, the Public Relations Officer in charge of 34 Artillery Brigade, Captain Haruna Tagwai, said “the army has already provided security on the premises, but the property belongs to the Ministry of Defence.”
He said “if you want to get more fact about it, you can contact the press’s secretary in the Ministry of Defence.”

The Nigerian military are trying so hard to set kanu up professor Yakubu my foot all of sudden a Hausa man is the one who found bombs in the east my people there is something fishy going down in the east from the federal government of Nigeria that our people should woke up from their sleep.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 17,000 Live Bombs Found In A House In Owerri - SunNewsOnline.com by Nobody: 6:07pm On Aug 31, 2017
agabaI23:

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/dailypost.ng/2017/08/07/17000-bombs-set-explode-imo-state-expert-warns/amp/
And so,Nnamdi and his miscreants were busy beating cheat and threatening my country because of these bombs,don't tell me that was not your intention.

1 Like

Re: 17,000 Live Bombs Found In A House In Owerri - SunNewsOnline.com by Nobody: 7:00pm On Aug 31, 2017
I have an entirely different perception to this issue. Firstly, the civil war ended almost 46 or 47 yrs ago. During GEJ when money was freely available and people with connections were looking inward for highly inflated project in region where the government is ready to spend money a bomb detonement project came up to evacuate civil war bombs stockpilled in various locations in Owerri. FG paid very large sum to the contractor as part payment, the contractor evacuated bombs covered by the amount the government paid and requested for more money, FG now suspended the contract.

Those who know about big FG contracts know that the sponsor(s) of that contractor will not relent until they get the sweet money from FG using new connections in the new government. These big contracts are common in the office of National Security Adviser and Defence. Few days to the arrival of PMB from London, Nigerians were reminded about the danger of FG not paying contractor money to evacuate the remaining civi war bombs in Owerri. Now, they are talking 17,000 bombs again in Owerri. Why bombs always in Owerri. That contractor must have been those benefitting from juicy unquestionable security and highly technical defence votes. I believe the major message here is that bomb evacuation contract, IPOB is secondary here.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 17,000 Live Bombs Found In A House In Owerri - SunNewsOnline.com by enimooko: 7:04pm On Aug 31, 2017
babaolofin:
I have an entirely different perception to this issue. Firstly, the civil war ended almost 46 or 47 yrs ago. During GEJ when money was freely available and people with connections were looking inward for highly inflated project in region where the government is ready to spend money a bomb detonement project came up to evacuate civil war bombs stockpilled in various locations in Owerri. FG paid very large sum to the contractor as part payment, the contractor evacuated bombs covered by the amount the government paid and requested for more money, FG now suspended the contract.

Those who know about big FG contracts know that the sponsor(s) of that contractor will not relent until they get the sweet money from FG using new connections in the new government. These big contracts are common in the office of National Security Adviser and Defence. Few days to the arrival of PMB from London, Nigerians were reminded about the danger of FG not paying contractor money to evacuate the remaining civi war bombs in Owerri. Now, they are talking 17,000 bombs again in Owerri. Why bombs always in Owerri. That contractor must have been those benefitting from juicy unquestionable security and highly technical defence votes. I believe the major message here is that bomb evacuation contract, IPOB is secondary here.
eye opening
Re: 17,000 Live Bombs Found In A House In Owerri - SunNewsOnline.com by agabaI23(m): 7:36pm On Aug 31, 2017
AntiIPOB:
And so,Nnamdi and his miscreants were busy beating cheat and threatening my country because of these bombs,don't tell me that was not your intention.
grin your country?
Re: 17,000 Live Bombs Found In A House In Owerri - SunNewsOnline.com by Nobody: 8:17pm On Aug 31, 2017
agabaI23:
grin your country?
Yea,iam a Nigerian remember iam not looking for a country like Israelites.

Please get out of my mention.
Re: 17,000 Live Bombs Found In A House In Owerri - SunNewsOnline.com by agabaI23(m): 8:35pm On Aug 31, 2017
AntiIPOB:
Yea,iam a Nigerian remember iam not looking for a country like Israelites.

Please get out of my mention.
You are a Nigerian member? OK.
Re: 17,000 Live Bombs Found In A House In Owerri - SunNewsOnline.com by Nobody: 8:46pm On Aug 31, 2017
agabaI23:
You are a Nigerian member? OK.
You are on your own."Oyo"
Re: 17,000 Live Bombs Found In A House In Owerri - SunNewsOnline.com by agabaI23(m): 8:57pm On Aug 31, 2017
AntiIPOB:
You are on your own."Oyo"
Buhari is fishing for a reason to clamp down on Nnamdi Kanu....
Re: 17,000 Live Bombs Found In A House In Owerri - SunNewsOnline.com by Mixola: 5:15am On Sep 01, 2017
This could be stock counted not necessarily one by one. That doesn't validate the claim anyway.
Re: 17,000 Live Bombs Found In A House In Owerri - SunNewsOnline.com by enimooko: 10:14am On Sep 01, 2017
Mixola:
This could be stock counted not necessarily one by one. That doesn't validate the claim anyway.
Were there bombs or were there not? Good to know such things...
Re: 17,000 Live Bombs Found In A House In Owerri - SunNewsOnline.com by Nobody: 11:13am On Sep 01, 2017
paiz:
44,000 Bombs
17,000 Bombs
I just want to know who counted it...

Government of Propaganda grin
17,000 Bombs kó, 44,000 guns ni undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Bandits In Kaduna Kill Catholic Lector, Six Others (Disturbing Photos) / Man Stabbed Son In Neck, Stomach (photo) / Man Killed By Friend Who ‘slept’ With His Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.