Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,240 members, 7,815,327 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:53 AM

Are We Biting More Than We Can Chew? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Are We Biting More Than We Can Chew? (360 Views)

Nigeria Fuel Scarcity Is Still Biting Harder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Are We Biting More Than We Can Chew? by pukena(m): 11:31am On Aug 31, 2017
Pukena is an aggregation of different but related businesses under one brand. We call them service categories or departments.

Ordinarily, each of this departments or services can be a full time business on their own complete with a dedicated team of staff. For instance, ogavenue is an online portal where you can lease venues for your party. Here in Pukena, event venue leasing is just a tiny aspect of events services department. Yet ogavenue has an amazing team headed by my good friend Andrew. Same goes for cameraman.ng that connects you with photographers near you. We do that also in Pukena but as a sub unit of Events services. We have drivers.ng, laundrybros, etc. Amazing businesses known for their niche operations

Conversely, Pukena looks more like chewing more that we can bite. I know that from the beginning. It was deliberate. It looks like a weakness already. But that also is our unique selling point.

I believe in specialization and operating in a niche. That's what ogavenue and cameraman stands for and thousands of startups dedicated to solving a problem in a particular niche.

But I have a different business philosophy.

In my Cyber Cafe for instance, I designed it in a way that a customer shouldn't come into my office, pay me for some services and go out looking for a related service to get a full satisfaction. Hence we ensured that every possible thing related to computer services can be found in one place. From internet browsing, to passport, computer training, photocopy, printing, scanning, web design, graphics, etc..all in one place. The one we can't do, we collect it and go out and do it for you. I want my customer to have it easy.

So that's the philosophy we are using in Pukena.

Why would a customer log in to many apps for related services when he can get all in one app? You log in to cameraman, get a photographer, log out, log in again to ogavenue; get your venue and log out, and log in again to another portal for your makeup artist?!

That sounds like a lot to me!

So in Pukena, we are building a one stop app for all your everyday services. We would soon add food and grocery delivery! My boss in supermart.ng would not like this...

We know how that sounds. In fact investors prefer specialized businesses. It's easy to scale. For crying out loud, it's easier to run an ogavenue than a Pukena.

But I have a plan. That's gonna be our secret sauce. If we pull this off, then we have a billion dollar Africa Amazon!

And if it doesn't work, atleast someone has to prove it can't!

Visit our site: www.pukena.ng

(1) (Reply)

Medical Tourism: FG Marshals National Health Agenda – Minister / Distributors Needed Nationwide / The 2017 US - Nigeria Agric Business Investment Summit (hosted In Atlanta, Ga )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.