Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,593 members, 7,812,937 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:02 PM

University Of Abuja Deserves Better Leadership - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Abuja Deserves Better Leadership (1029 Views)

Why Patience Jonathan’s Security Aide Was Killed — Leadership / PRO-COW:- Cows Deserves Better. / Asup Strike Deserves Better Attention!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

University Of Abuja Deserves Better Leadership by Dclique(m): 7:55pm On Feb 22, 2010
University of Abuja Deserves Better Leadership

Perhaps his handling of the recent 2009/2010 admission exercise was the most annoying of all his administrative missteps. Devoid of any semblance of transparency, and characterized by unabashed favouritism, that exercise was the worst that any administration ever carried out in the history of this University. A couple of months after the post UME was conducted in November 2009, the candidates were kept in limbo as their results were not immediately released on the internet.

After endless rumours about the possible cancellation of the Post Ume (since thousands of scripts were marked manually instead of electronically), the authority decided to release the first batch of successful candidates in January 2010, with their so-called post Ume results attached. As candidates began to question the rationale behind this, the Adelabu administration decided to release the so-called second list, and belatedly uploaded the results of the candidates.

Aside from the fact that the list contained largely names of those who were mainly from a particular geo-political zone, it heavily alienated and marginalized candidates even from the catchment area. While 60 was made the cut-off mark, there were candidates who scored less than that, but were admitted; and others who had far more than the cut-off mark, but were not admitted. This problem was partly envisaged when instead of allowing a committee to handle the exercise, as was the case in the past, the VC took personal charge of the whole exercise.

Now there is speculation that a third list would be released sometime this month, at least before the convocation ceremony of the University. For an administration that has set such false and unenviable standard, there is no doubt that the list would not be different in nature from the first and second ones.

The admission exercise in most institutions of higher learning has helped to deny university education to a lot of Nigerians, many of who are competent and qualified. The University of Abuja, which is a federal institution located in the heart of the federal capital, should have no business joining this bandwagon of lopsidedness in admission exercise.

http://allafrica.com/stories/201002180316.html
Re: University Of Abuja Deserves Better Leadership by Nedrayz: 10:47pm On Feb 22, 2010
All my life i hav not seen a school dat has done dis unbelivable nonsense dat uniabuja is doing.u can imagine som1 wit 88 in pume & 250 in ume not admited & so many higher marks dat i hav seen stil waiting.wat els do dey want des guys 2 do now,imagine intensiv reading 4 months 2 acquire dose scores stil u wil not b admited.uniabuja abegoo make una nor dey kil people dream.wat zeal do u tink such people wil hav 2 read & sit 4 such exams again,specialy dos dat hav riten twice or 3 times.my prayer is God shuld releas our names in d 3rd list.AMEN.
@dclique & richeiz tanks alot 4 ur help 2 uniabuja prospectiv students
Re: University Of Abuja Deserves Better Leadership by Afam4eva(m): 12:12pm On Feb 23, 2010
Ned-rayz:

All my life i hav not seen a school dat has done dis unbelivable nonsense dat uniabuja is doing.u can imagine som1 wit 88 in pume & 250 in ume not admited & so many higher marks dat i hav seen stil waiting.wat els do dey want des guys 2 do now,imagine intensiv reading 4 months 2 acquire dose scores stil u wil not b admited.uniabuja abegoo make una nor dey kil people dream.wat zeal do u tink such people wil hav 2 read & sit 4 such exams again,specialy dos dat hav riten twice or 3 times.my prayer is God shuld releas our names in d 3rd list.AMEN.
@dclique & richeiz tanks alot 4 your help 2 uniabuja prospectiv students

University of lagos is the undisputable king of favouritism in admission.
Re: University Of Abuja Deserves Better Leadership by Nedrayz: 2:09pm On Feb 23, 2010
@afam4eva u ar rit bout unilag
Re: University Of Abuja Deserves Better Leadership by Nedrayz: 2:13pm On Feb 23, 2010
@afam4eva u ar rit bout unilag,infact des ar not d only schools fustrating students in nigeria,now u can score a high as d sky but witout buttons u wil not b admited, u knw des people ar gud y not admit dem.please am pleading 2 al d versities lets go bak 2 d way we do it in dos dayz wen dos dat work hard 2 atain scores ar admited & dos who dnt score shuld sitdown and try again.i tink dats fair
Re: University Of Abuja Deserves Better Leadership by yinkky: 10:36pm On Feb 23, 2010
may God punish all dos who deprive d innocent of their ryt.amen
Re: University Of Abuja Deserves Better Leadership by Dclique(m): 10:48pm On Feb 23, 2010
I feel your pain. Dont worry. . . Just have hope
Re: University Of Abuja Deserves Better Leadership by yinkky: 10:52pm On Feb 23, 2010
yhu dont v d slightest idea pple lyk me r goin thru all in d name of cheatn nd manipulatn by sum big old fools in charge.dey sell their integrity 4 sum peanut change.May dey be deprived of their ryt,if dey fails 2 give 2 caesar wat belongs 2 caesar.
Re: University Of Abuja Deserves Better Leadership by Afam4eva(m): 9:25am On Feb 24, 2010
Last year i wrote the post UME in Unilag. I scored 65% which is a very good result. I felt that i was not admitted because the people that were admitted were branies, only for me to see that people who scored 42% which is considered poor were admitted.
Re: University Of Abuja Deserves Better Leadership by luvola(m): 9:34am On Feb 24, 2010
yur name wil appear 1st if u hav dat score in lasu admision @ apam, unilag is just living on past glory
Re: University Of Abuja Deserves Better Leadership by kaycast(m): 12:31pm On Feb 24, 2010
its almost like that in all schools in Nigeria, Nigeria is in great need of good leaders who will do what is right, they keep using favouritism as a way of bringing in student, these are the same students who have jobs waiting for them after school, and eventually they push them into the system as our politicians and leaders. We are going to prune out all these people during our time, trust nothing can stop us, Nigeria must go forward.

www.nigerian-youth..com

Re: University Of Abuja Deserves Better Leadership by Lawsaammy(m): 12:12pm On Mar 05, 2010
After scoring 62% in dia so called PUME i still was not admitted. Someone took me to one of their so called senior lecturer and he ask me to go and bring #280,000. If am to gain admission into the school. God go ask adelabu . By the grace of God my name will surely come out in the third list. God pass them
Re: University Of Abuja Deserves Better Leadership by Dclique(m): 12:20pm On Mar 05, 2010
Lawsaammy:

. Someone took me to one of their so called senior lecturer and he ask me to go and bring #280,000. If am to gain admission into the school.
shocked shocked shocked Imagine!!!!
Re: University Of Abuja Deserves Better Leadership by ccollins(m): 3:08pm On Mar 05, 2010
i wrote a particular pume last year and the lecturer was like why am i late for admission runs and then demanded 80000 which we settle down for 60.i thank GOD i have a lecturer at law cos i have planned for early admission processing immediately after utme

(1) (Reply)

China Scholarship / University Of Abuja Admission / Help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.