Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,781 members, 7,817,245 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:41 AM

This Charming 2016 NYSC Batch 'A'Corps Member Came 3rd After All These Projects? - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / This Charming 2016 NYSC Batch 'A'Corps Member Came 3rd After All These Projects? (1496 Views)

"I Came, I Saw And I'm Coming Back Home Intact" - 'virgin Corper' Celebrates. / 2021 NYSC Batch A Registration Begins On March 3rd / How do I Retrieve My 2016 NYSC Call Up Number? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Charming 2016 NYSC Batch 'A'Corps Member Came 3rd After All These Projects? by ChimuchiYola(f): 1:14am On Sep 01, 2017
Take A look at all the projects carried out By This Charming NYSC Batch 'A' Corps Member and came only just 3rd in the State (PHOTOS)

This beautiful and charming 2016 NYSC Batch 'A' Stream 1 Corps Member Corp member by name Jane Ifeoma Nwokolo (with State code number KD/16A/1602), came just 3rd (third) overall in Kaduna State after she served in a remote village of Kwanar Farakwai community in the State. According to close sources, She hails from Anambra State and carried out a total of more than 10 standard projects. According to the NYSC, projects of these Standards deserve not just a State award but also a National award. But rumour has it that the persons that came first and second respectively only executed fewer projects.
Although that is not mine to question, considering the enormous corruption that goes on in that NYSC.

But someone should please tell President Buhari to honour this young lady and all other deserving Corp members who left the comfort of their homes especially from the east and west to travel far away North (amidst insecurity and tension) and even carried out these encouraging and mind-blowing humanitarian projects. Remember that all these projects were significant in fourteen (14) out of seventeen (17) Sustainable Development Goals of the United.

I am from Michika in Adamawa State, and I have lived almost all my life in the north and since then I have never seen a lady (who is a christian) come with this kind of burning desire, zeal and courage come and do this kind of thing in the north without fear of intimidation!! She deserve a national recognition for all what it takes

One striking thing about her is her smiles, kind-hardheartedness and being the only female amongst other 12 corps member serving in a homogeneous community of only predominantly Hausa-Muslim and yet ethnicism, tribalism, religious sentiment did not discourage, stop or deter her from serving humanity and executing pure humanitarian aid to Kwanar Farakwai community.

Long Live Governor El-Rufai
Long Live Kaduna State
Long Live Federal Republice of Nigeria!!!

Some of the projects she carried out includes;

1) Free Malaria Test and Distribution of 200 Mosquito nets and to pregnant women and nursing mothers at Maternity centers and homes of Kwanar Farakwai community members;
2) Skills acquisition and Empowerment programmes for 124 Women and Youth; bead making
3) Drilling of quality BoreHole water at a Strategic location Kwanar Farakwai community ;
4) Quiz Competition in the Local government where she served
5) Debate and spelling competion amongst 40 secondary schools in the State
6) Refurbishment old computer center, replacing three non functional computer and Setting up of a well equipped ICT center for Internet and computer lessons in the community
7) Establishment of school clubs such as Press clubs, health and environmental clubs and AIDS (FASAA) Clubs
cool Environmental Management Exercise where they carried out erosion control exercise and weekly sanitation;
9) Free HIV Counselling and Test for 226 members of Kwanar Farakwai community
10) Donation of Laboratory Equipment to Governmnet Secondary school Kwanar Farakwai community
11) Donation of Anti Malaria Drugs, soaps and toiletries to maternity homes at Kwanar Farakwai community

Cc Lalasticlala She deserve a national recognition for all what it takes... please
Mynd44, OAM4J
CrazyMan, yokiti, Ogbeche77

2 Likes

Re: This Charming 2016 NYSC Batch 'A'Corps Member Came 3rd After All These Projects? by ibroh22(m): 1:16am On Sep 01, 2017
FTC
Re: This Charming 2016 NYSC Batch 'A'Corps Member Came 3rd After All These Projects? by ChimuchiYola(f): 1:16am On Sep 01, 2017
More projects with photos...

Re: This Charming 2016 NYSC Batch 'A'Corps Member Came 3rd After All These Projects? by ChimuchiYola(f): 1:30am On Sep 01, 2017
Project pictures continues

Re: This Charming 2016 NYSC Batch 'A'Corps Member Came 3rd After All These Projects? by Mille: 1:45am On Sep 01, 2017
"Rumor has it that the people who came first and second executed fewer projects"

It's good you said rumors. Don't be selfish and belittle the works of others. They could have done much more than she did. And I'm sure there is someone else who might have done much more that is there whining about not making the top 3.

Finally, No offence but almost every time, it's not the numbers that counts, it is the strategic importance of the project. The winner could have done just one project that is substantially valuable than all the listed above projects.

Anyway. Kudos to you. You affected the lives of thousands.
Re: This Charming 2016 NYSC Batch 'A'Corps Member Came 3rd After All These Projects? by ChimuchiYola(f): 2:04am On Sep 01, 2017
Mille:
"Rumor has it that the people who came first and second executed fewer projects"

It's good you said rumors. Don't be selfish and belittle the works of others. They could have done much more than she did. And I'm sure there is someone else who might have done much more that is there whining about not making the top 3.

Finally, No offence but almost every time, it's not the numbers that counts, it is the strategic importance of the project. The winner could have done just one project that is substantially valuable than all the listed above projects.

Anyway. Kudos to you. You affected the lives of thousands.

Please remember I said I grew up and have lived in several parts of the northern communities, but most people that have the courage to do these things are the male corp members. What amazes me is that she is a female and not only that, but she served in a really dangerous environment of Fulani herdsmen (Kwanar Farakwai community).

The tension in the northern part of Nigeria especially Kaduna is enough to scare corp members and people away. So you should understand the angle I am coming from.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: This Charming 2016 NYSC Batch 'A'Corps Member Came 3rd After All These Projects? by Mille: 4:46am On Sep 01, 2017
ChimuchiYola:

Please remember I said I grew up and have lived in several parts of the northern communities, but most people that have the courage to do these things are the male corp members. What amazes me is that she is a female and not only that, but she served in a really dangerous environment of Fulani herdsmen (Kwanar Farakwai community).

The tension in the northern part of Nigeria especially Kaduna is enough to scare corp members and people away. So you should understand the angle I am coming from.

Thanks

The fact that you are female has not even a single ounce of importance in the award. Men and women were subjected to the same teachings during NYSC, therefore I see no reason why they should consider you BECAUSE you are female. The award is not for females only.

Secondly, while I admire your courage ( I myself would not even dare to live in any part of NW/NE), the NYSC award is not for the bravest. Therefore, your arguments do not hold water.

(1) (Reply)

Nysc 2018 relocation /redeployment / Request For Fund To Repair Mcan Lagos Bus* / Clearance Payment For Batch B; Is It Fair? Is It Only In Oyo?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.