Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,832 members, 7,820,915 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:32 AM

Surfwella To Bring Free Internet Access To Nigerian Universities - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Surfwella To Bring Free Internet Access To Nigerian Universities (247 Views)

David Ibiyeomie Letter To Nigerian Universities On Sexual Harassment / Top 10 Slowest Nigerian Universities / 20 Courses You Can Study Without Mathematics In Nigerian Universities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Surfwella To Bring Free Internet Access To Nigerian Universities by damaray: 5:40am On Sep 01, 2017
Internet access in schools is an indispensable tool required for the learning process. This is why most schools provide internet access for their students either for free or through a subscription plan. But the quality of the internet services in these schools is either unstable or too slow for practical use. This is why many other private service providers have tried to improve this; and the latest of this bunch is Surfwella(nice name too tho).

Surfwella comes with a different approach in that their services are supposedly free (i.e no payment, subscription plan etc), but that makes me a little skeptical, I mean c’mon free internet access for Nigerian schools? Surfwella has to be paying for these services somehow. This makes me think there is some kind of catch, ads maybe? But, I may very well be wrong. As Olusola Bankole; Surfwella’s Chief Marketing officer puts it:
It’s our own form of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR). It is all about empowering the students to be globally competitive, and access to free Internet is the best way to empower the budding on-coming Generation-Z.
So, let’s take him at his word and see how this scheme will pan out. Surfwella plans to start out in University of Abuja before moving to Lagos State University (LASU), College of Agric, Lafiaji, and UNILAG.

The awesome thing is that this service isn’t limited to just Nigerian Universities. According to their website, you can browse for free in Lagos if you are a registered user and happen know the location of any of their hotspots(which are not listed BTW). You can sign up for Surfwella here.
What is your take on “free” internet access in Nigerian universities? Let us know in the comments section below.

http://www.damtops.com/2017/08/surfwella-to-bring-free-internet-access.html

(1) (Reply)

Niger Delta University (ndu) Screening / Best Selenium Webdriver Online Training Course / Never Use What You To Get What You Want

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.