Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,396 members, 7,830,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:10 PM

Nigeria Ranked 7th In Countries With Lowest IQ See List - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigeria Ranked 7th In Countries With Lowest IQ See List (7067 Views)

List Of States With Lowest Number Of Out Of School Children / University Of Ibadan Is Ranked 7th In The 2022 Best Global Universities In Afric / Continent With The Lowest IQ Ranking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Ranked 7th In Countries With Lowest IQ See List by jojothegreat(m): 8:48am On Sep 01, 2017
babablogger:
you see the problem?
You don't need a great IQ to cheat someone else, all you need is to gain whoever you plan to scam trust.

No time for you sir.
Bleep off.
Re: Nigeria Ranked 7th In Countries With Lowest IQ See List by safiaaASSHOLE: 10:25am On Sep 01, 2017
Yes, tons of africans are stupid due to ignorance & illitracy.

But these IQ tests are racist and worthless.

If the Majority of Africans had IQs within the 60s range, we wouldn't have these houses, places like lagos,jburg,malls, the stock exchange, hell we wouldn't know how to use cell phones, fly planes, wear clothes correctly not to talk of drive cars.

Use your goddamn brain OP!

Racists are trying to belittle you by giving you false made-up IQ test scores and you africans dey larimo.

Guys like these are claiming "the superior master race".

Do you think people like these will score high in IQ test scores.

Hell I wonder what Donald Trump's IQ is

Delete this thread OP angry

Re: Nigeria Ranked 7th In Countries With Lowest IQ See List by babablogger: 10:36am On Sep 01, 2017
safiaaASSHOLE:
Yes, tons of africans are stupid due to ignorance & illitracy.

But these IQ tests are racist and worthless.

If the Majority of Africans had IQs within the 60s range, we wouldn't have these houses, places like lagos,jburg,malls, the stock exchange, hell we wouldn't know how to use cell phones, fly planes, wear clothes correctly not to talk of drive cars.

Use your goddamn brain OP!

Racists are trying to belittle you by giving you false made-up IQ test scores and you africans dey larimo.

Guys like these are claiming "the superior master race".

Do you think people like these will score high in IQ test scores.

Hell I wonder what Donald Trump's IQ is

Delete this thread OP angry

Who built lagos and Jbrg?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Ranked 7th In Countries With Lowest IQ See List by safiaaASSHOLE: 10:42am On Sep 01, 2017
babablogger:

Who built lagos and Jbrg?

Since most nigerians have IQs within the 60s range why don't you go on reddit asking for intelligent white folks to invest in YOUr advert publishing company.

https://www.nairaland.com/4022722/investor-needed-invest-new-advert
Re: Nigeria Ranked 7th In Countries With Lowest IQ See List by lenovoboy: 11:12am On Sep 01, 2017
IQ is hoax against the black race.
White man greatest achievement is to make blackrace look stupid and inferior.
just a 14 yearold boy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Ranked 7th In Countries With Lowest IQ See List by safiaaASSHOLE: 11:16am On Sep 01, 2017
lenovoboy:
IQ is hoax against the black race.
White man greatest achievement is to make blackrace look stupid and inferior.

I has nothing to do with race, literacy? Yes. So it's related indirectly.

But assuming someone is stupid because they're black is pretty stupid. angry
Re: Nigeria Ranked 7th In Countries With Lowest IQ See List by nNEOo(m): 12:11pm On Sep 01, 2017
babablogger:

TEST not TEXT

Did you take the test that ranged Africans as the the ones with largest average Manhood?

Guess No

Did you took the test
Re: Nigeria Ranked 7th In Countries With Lowest IQ See List by Nobody: 12:30pm On Sep 01, 2017
decatalyst:
Una say our IQ is low shey?

How Una wan explain how guys they scam Una for Una hard earned money?

Or we should just say 'americans and European are the mumuest being on the planet earth' undecided

Another research that isn't aimed at bring up the true happening in the world.

My friend you just spoke my mind.
It marvels me how somebody from a low IQ nation like Nigeria as they ranked it will come and tell somebody from a high IQ nation like will come and tell you that he is a prince online and you will fall for it. please can someone tell who has the low IQ.
They ranked Nigeria as a low IQ nation yet the inventor of the fastest computer in the world is a Nigerian.
Those that that did this ranking are joking with their jobs because all this ranking is a whole lot of crap

NO PUN INTENDED
Re: Nigeria Ranked 7th In Countries With Lowest IQ See List by DarkRebel69: 12:35pm On Sep 01, 2017
Measurement of intelligence via IQ tests is to me not an entirely valid way of ascentaining the intellectual capability of an individual. Say you test an individual on his literacy and numeracy, and say he performs abysmally, does that justify calling him stupid just because he doesn't meet your standard of intelligence? What if the individual were to be a musical or artistic genius? We often times fail to realize that intelligence is many-faced. Einstein, clever as he was, was still a blithering ignoramus on many other areas of academic endeavour. It's only in rare cases of men such as Leonardo Da Vinci that complete mastery over multiple disciplines has been witnessed.

There are two theories of intelligence (according to Carol Dweck). There is (a)the Entity theory and (b)the Incremental theory. Entity theory posits that intelligence is fixed, ergo, however hard you try, you still wouldn't be able to augment your intelligence nor will it decline by itself regardless of whether or not it is stimulated (IQ tests seem to lean towards this theory i.e. that intelligence is a fixed and rigid entity).

Incremental theory on the other hand – of which I'm an adherent – posits that intelligence is fluid, and that it can by dint of effort be improved upon, and that it can also be decreased by a perpetual state of mental herbitude or an insufficient amount of cognitive stimulation. That's besides the point by the way.

While I do not trust that statistical figure up there, I can't say it's entirely misleading. Education in its encapsulating reach – literacy, numeracy, (theoretical and practical) knowledge base, etc – shapes and refines the thoughts of an individual. So an individual might be naturally bright but if he's deprived of a sound education he would easily pass off as an incoherent dunderplate.

I think it's fair to say that the more educated an individual is, the more intelligent he or she is likely to be – at least he or she is bound to be intelligent in scholarly affairs.
Now, with an eye towards the low literacy level in many countries in Africa, the wide-spread poverty, the poor quality of life, and also the sub-standard education in both elementary and tertiary level, it becomes hard to ignore the "thick" correlation between education and intelligence.

Today it's a long drawn-out ASUU strike, tomorrow it's the closure of LAUTECH, the day after tomorrow it's another misadventure in the educational sector. With all these educational pitfalls it's not hard to imagine that Africans would score lower than Caucasians on IQ tests. So you see, it's not so much our lack of intelligence as it is our milieu i.e. the disadvantaged environment we find ourselves. That explains why many Africans when placed in a right and conducive environment perform exceptionally well.

Also, our ultra-exuberance in matters of religion and the way we allow our minds to be governed by silly superstitions and obsolete cultural practices has a giant hand in why majority of us think regressively. When the typical African man is one who believes in levitating witches, charms and the likes; and who instead of cudgeling his brains whenever he's faced with a dilemma, chooses to abdicate all rigours of reasoning by entrusting his faith in an invisible God (or gods as the case may be), relying on him/she/it/them to descend from the high heavens to come alleviate his earthly troubles.
Besides our economic disadvantage, majority of our minds are sick and afflicted by religious dogma and tradition. Even the most intelligent African man occasionally says and does foolish things in those moments when he chooses to rely on what his Bible or his Qu'rân demands of him.
Did you know that a research once conducted to assess the wealth of nations revealed a negative correlation between how religious a nation is and how economically prosperous it is? i.e. the more religious the inhabitants of a nation are, the less rich and progressive that nation is.

But, like the Africans we are, instead of admitting that we have a problem, our recourse is to a misplaced show of patriotism, and to begin to rave, as one in a fit of paranoia, about how the Whites purposefully cooked up contraptions like IQ tests as way of denigrating the negroes (Persecution complex). Some nationalistic zealots on this thread even countered that if the average African has a low IQ then how possible is it that they still have the intelligence to defraud Whites in online business. Really? The foregoing is just another evidence of the poverty of our thoughts.

I cannot say that the statistics is entirely wrong, because it isn't.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Ranked 7th In Countries With Lowest IQ See List by safiaaASSHOLE: 1:12pm On Sep 01, 2017
DarkRebel69:
Measurement of intelligence via IQ tests is to me not an entirely valid way of ascentaining the intellectual capability of an individual. Say you test an individual on his literacy and numeracy, and say he performs abysmally, does that justify...

[img]http:///a/img922/746/tD5KRZ.gif[/img]

[img]http:///a/img924/3294/sKKCZa.gif[/img]
Re: Nigeria Ranked 7th In Countries With Lowest IQ See List by babablogger: 1:44pm On Sep 01, 2017
safiaaASSHOLE:

Since most nigerians have IQs within the 60s range why don't you go on reddit asking for intelligent white folks to invest in YOUr advert publishing company.

https://www.nairaland.com/4022722/investor-needed-invest-new-advert
wetin this one dey talk?
Re: Nigeria Ranked 7th In Countries With Lowest IQ See List by safiaaASSHOLE: 1:55pm On Sep 01, 2017
babablogger:
wetin this one dey talk?

Wetin you dey talk?.

Brain transplant fall on you angry
Re: Nigeria Ranked 7th In Countries With Lowest IQ See List by Nobody: 1:56pm On Sep 01, 2017
decatalyst:
Una say our IQ is low shey?

How Una wan explain how guys they scam Una for Una hard earned money?

Or we should just say 'americans and European are the mumuest being on the planet earth' undecided

Another research that isn't aimed at bring up the true happening in the world.
but they invented the means in the first place. so your point is not valid

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Ranked 7th In Countries With Lowest IQ See List by NairalandSARS: 4:19pm On Sep 01, 2017
Laughs... How many Nigerians were used as sample? How were the sample selected?
What country was that iq test designed?
Which of the iq test was that? WAIS, Cattell, stanford-binet? What country was used to norm the iq test?
Nigeria does not have an average iq of 69(what standard deviation sef?)
Re: Nigeria Ranked 7th In Countries With Lowest IQ See List by TheLogicalMind(m): 5:05pm On Sep 01, 2017
Jeffrey12:
This one na mumu ranking.... Nigeria is one of the most intelligent black nation in the world...

But maybe na our presido IQ, them take rate the whole naija.

Look around you and tell me if what you see is reflective of the intelligence you are boasting of. Nigeria doesn’t look like a country that is run by intelligent human beings. Nigeria has always been poorly run no matter who has been in charge. Buhari is just the latest in a long line of morons who have left their incompetent mark on the country.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Ranked 7th In Countries With Lowest IQ See List by TheLogicalMind(m): 5:11pm On Sep 01, 2017
preciousuweh:

My friend you just spoke my mind.
It marvels me how somebody from a low IQ nation like Nigeria as they ranked it will come and tell somebody from a high IQ nation like will come and tell you that he is a prince online and you will fall for it. please can someone tell who has the low IQ.
They ranked Nigeria as a low IQ nation yet the inventor of the fastest computer in the world is a Nigerian.
Those that that did this ranking are joking with their jobs because all this ranking is a whole lot of crap

NO PUN INTENDED

Defrauding desperate old women of their life savings as yahoo boys do is not a sign of intelligence. It is when people like you vomit nonsense that I know just how hopeless this country is.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Ranked 7th In Countries With Lowest IQ See List by Nobody: 5:41pm On Sep 01, 2017
TheLogicalMind:

Defrauding desperate old women of their life savings as yahoo boys do is not a sign of intelligence. It is when people like you vomit nonsense that I know just how hopeless this country is.

since we have people like you that don't vomit nonsense why haven't you brought hope to this country.
Re: Nigeria Ranked 7th In Countries With Lowest IQ See List by ignis: 6:29pm On Sep 01, 2017
jojothegreat:
And we still dey scam those oyibo people everyday. Now who have low IQ? undecided
With comments like this, I won't be surprised if Nigeria becomes last on the list.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Ranked 7th In Countries With Lowest IQ See List by enimooko: 7:58pm On Sep 01, 2017
dia fada
Re: Nigeria Ranked 7th In Countries With Lowest IQ See List by enimooko: 8:00pm On Sep 01, 2017
ignis:

With comments like this, I won't be surprised if Nigeria becomes last on the list.
Abi
Re: Nigeria Ranked 7th In Countries With Lowest IQ See List by Nobody: 9:38pm On Sep 01, 2017
Who z doubting it.. I wonder y they didnt come first... Mtcheeew nairaland helpd them to reach there angry

Nansense!!!
Re: Nigeria Ranked 7th In Countries With Lowest IQ See List by Nobody: 10:23pm On Sep 01, 2017
DarkRebel69:
Measurement of intelligence via IQ tests is to me not an entirely valid way of ascentaining the intellectual capability of an individual. Say you test an individual on his literacy and numeracy, and say he performs abysmally, does that justify calling him stupid just because he doesn't meet your standard of intelligence? What if the individual were to be a musical or artistic genius? We often times fail to realize that intelligence is many-faced. Einstein, clever as he was, was still a blithering ignoramus on many other areas of academic endeavour. It's only in rare cases of men such as Leonardo Da Vinci that complete mastery over multiple disciplines has been witnessed.

There are two theories of intelligence (according to Carol Dweck). There is (a)the Entity theory and (b)the Incremental theory. Entity theory posits that intelligence is fixed, ergo, however hard you try, you still wouldn't be able to augment your intelligence nor will it decline by itself regardless of whether or not it is stimulated (IQ tests seem to lean towards this theory i.e. that intelligence is a fixed and rigid entity).

Incremental theory on the other hand – of which I'm an adherent – posits that intelligence is fluid, and that it can by dint of effort be improved upon, and that it can also be decreased by a perpetual state of mental herbitude or an insufficient amount of cognitive stimulation. That's besides the point by the way.

While I do not trust that statistical figure up there, I can't say it's entirely misleading. Education in its encapsulating reach – literacy, numeracy, (theoretical and practical) knowledge base, etc – shapes and refines the thoughts of an individual. So an individual might be naturally bright but if he's deprived of a sound education he would easily pass off as an incoherent dunderplate.

I think it's fair to say that the more educated an individual is, the more intelligent he or she is likely to be – at least he or she is bound to be intelligent in scholarly affairs.
Now, with an eye towards the low literacy level in many countries in Africa, the wide-spread poverty, the poor quality of life, and also the sub-standard education in both elementary and tertiary level, it becomes hard to ignore the "thick" correlation between education and intelligence.

Today it's a long drawn-out ASUU strike, tomorrow it's the closure of LAUTECH, the day after tomorrow it's another misadventure in the educational sector. With all these educational pitfalls it's not hard to imagine that Africans would rank lower than Caucasians in IQ tests. So you see, it's not so much our lack of intelligence as it is our milieu i.e. the disadvantaged environment we find ourselves. That explains why many Africans when placed in a right and conducive environment perform exceptionally well.

Also, our ultra-exuberance in matters of religion and the way we allow our minds to be governed by silly superstitions and obsolete cultural practices has a giant hand in why majority of us think regressively. When the typical African man is one who believes in levitating witches, charms and the likes; and who instead of cudgeling his brains whenever he's faced with a dilemma, chooses to abdicate all rigours of reasoning by entrusting his faith in an invisible God (or gods as the case may be), relying on him/she/it/them to descend from the high heavens to come alleviate his earthly troubles.
Besides our economic disadvantage, majority of our minds are sick and afflicted by religious dogma and tradition. Even the most intelligent African man occasionally says and does foolish things in those moments when he chooses to rely on what his Bible or his Qu'rân demands of him.
Did you know that a research once conducted to assess the wealth of nations revealed a negative correlation between how religious a nation is and how economically prosperous it is? i.e. the more religious the inhabitants of a nation are, the less rich and progressive that nation is.

But, like the Africans we are, instead of admitting that we have a problem, our recourse is to a misplaced show of patriotism, and to begin to rave, as one in a fit of paranoia, about how the Whites purposefully cooked up contraptions like IQ tests as way of denigrating the negroes (Persecution complex). Some nationalistic zealots on this thread even countered that if the average African has a low IQ then how possible is it they still have the intelligence to defraud Whites in online business. Really? The foregoing is just another evidence of the poverty of our thoughts.

I learnt something new from you; the entity and incremental theories of intelligence, I won't forget that. Your argument on the poor intellectual ability of Africans is valid too except for the religion. Countries like Pakistan, Iran Saudi Arabia and other staunch Islamic countries are world power countries that have demonstrated religious fanaticism.
Re: Nigeria Ranked 7th In Countries With Lowest IQ See List by DarkRebel69: 11:24pm On Sep 01, 2017
Destinyy22:
I learnt something new from you; the entity and incremental theories of intelligence, I won't forget that. Your argument on the poor intellectual ability of Africans is valid too except for the religion. Countries like Pakistan, Iran Saudi Arabia and other staunch Islamic countries are world power countries that have demonstrated religious fanaticism.

You've listed only 3 countries amongst the 195 nations in the world and used them as template to shore up your point (Law of small numbers). You also neglected to mention the decline of life expectancy and political instability rocking war-torn terrorist grounds like Pakistan – another fallout of religious extremism.
And I'm sure you're familiar with the term "mean" in statistics? The reseach on wealth of nations to which I alluded only meant that on average, the degree to which the inhabitants of a nation are religious is inversely proportional to how prosperous that nation would be i.e. the more religious a nation is, the less prosperous it'd most likely become. Of course there are bound to be outliers like Saudi and UAE, but broadly speaking the wisdom holds true. And I'm sure you know it, too.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Ranked 7th In Countries With Lowest IQ See List by Nobody: 1:24am On Sep 02, 2017
69 IQ is impossible.

There is such a large amount of 100+ IQ people in this country that you'd need an equally large amount of seriously dimwitted folks to bring that figure so low. about a third of the population shouldn't be able to take care of themselves due to being very dumb.

what I'll say though, is that there is very little variation in IQ in Nigeria. People with IQs of over 130 are extremely rare as far as I know. Even in universities where you'd expect them to be found. when there are so few gifted individuals around, it's easy for the entire population to look stupid.

Yet another factor is the testing methodology. I would guess that they administered culture insensitive IQ tests to the people that took the test, or they just didn't administer any test at all and simply used an correlation to approximate. if that was the case, then it all makes sense because everything that IQ correlates with: national peace, national wealth, national resourcefulness, rapid technological advancement, scientific achievement, high life expectancy, low fertility rate . . . does not exist in Nigeria?

for those of you claiming that Nigeria is so smart, if this were true, why doesn't have the characteristics of typically smart countries, which by the way are usually representative of all such countries with very little variation?
Re: Nigeria Ranked 7th In Countries With Lowest IQ See List by 1Sharon(f): 2:24am On Sep 02, 2017
Bitcoin1000:
Why only African countries

You claim to have high IQ yet school drop outs scam you of your hard earned money daily

Oyinbo go and sleep

Why are they only smart in criminality?
Re: Nigeria Ranked 7th In Countries With Lowest IQ See List by 1Sharon(f): 2:33am On Sep 02, 2017
The comments on this thread just proved the OP right undecided
Re: Nigeria Ranked 7th In Countries With Lowest IQ See List by marylandcakes: 2:55am On Sep 02, 2017
Jeffrey12:
This one na mumu ranking.... Nigeria is one of the most intelligent black nation in the world...

But maybe na our presido IQ, them take rate the whole naija.

If this was the case the people will not let the government loot the reserve and look on but do nothing.
Re: Nigeria Ranked 7th In Countries With Lowest IQ See List by CzarChris(m): 8:25am On Sep 02, 2017
DarkRebel69:

Today it's a long drawn-out ASUU strike, tomorrow it's the closure of LAUTECH, the day after tomorrow it's another misadventure in the educational sector. With all these educational pitfalls it's not hard to imagine that Africans would score lower than Caucasians on IQ tests. So you see, it's not so much our lack of intelligence as it is our milieu i.e. the disadvantaged environment we find ourselves. That explains why many Africans when placed in a right and conducive environment perform exceptionally well.

But, like the Africans we are, instead of admitting that we have a problem, our recourse is to a misplaced show of patriotism, and to begin to rave, as one in a fit of paranoia, about how the Whites purposefully cooked up contraptions like IQ tests as way of denigrating the negroes (Persecution complex). Some nationalistic zealots on this thread even countered that if the average African has a low IQ then how possible is it that they still have the intelligence to defraud Whites in online business. Really? The foregoing is just another evidence of the poverty of our thoughts.

your comment is quite educative I must say. I have taken quite a number of IQ test myself and I discovered a few facts.
1. A good IQ test puts into account your educational level and whether you are science based, or more leaning towards the artistic side.
2. The higher your IQ the lower your EQ. People with high IQ most times can't relate to emotions the way other people do.
3. The brain needs to be exercised, the more you exercise and give tasks to your brains the more you increase your IQ rating.

On the religious aspect, I'm not really much of the religious type. But I just choose to believe in the existence of a supreme all powerful being in other to keep my sanity. The more people are enlightened and illuminated, the less they tend to cling on religious fallacy as a source of succor
Re: Nigeria Ranked 7th In Countries With Lowest IQ See List by JuneOctober(f): 9:35am On Sep 02, 2017
undecided so pickpocketing and scamming makes Nigerians smart generally? angry

Smh.
Re: Nigeria Ranked 7th In Countries With Lowest IQ See List by JuneOctober(f): 9:35am On Sep 02, 2017
undecided so pickpocketing and scamming make Nigerians smart generally? angry

Smh.
Re: Nigeria Ranked 7th In Countries With Lowest IQ See List by NairalandSARS: 10:09am On Sep 02, 2017
My problem with the op is that there no data for this. What iq test was administered, and how was it normed?

(1) (2) (Reply)

2019 Waec Questions And Answers | 2019 Waec Expo / Check Your Unizik Post Ume Result Here For Free / 2015/2016 Akanu Ibiam Federal Polytechnic Uwana Post-utme Result

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.