Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,450 members, 7,819,662 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:08 PM

28 Professors Recommended For Demotion In Michael Okpara University, Umudike - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 28 Professors Recommended For Demotion In Michael Okpara University, Umudike (26747 Views)

LPPC Shortlists Adegboruwa, 13 Professors, Others For SAN Award / Mass Demotion Looms In Police Over Alleged Lopsided Promotions / First Nigerian Professors And Their States Of Origin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 28 Professors Recommended For Demotion In Michael Okpara University, Umudike by deepwater(f): 2:22pm On Sep 01, 2017
Kai
Re: 28 Professors Recommended For Demotion In Michael Okpara University, Umudike by 5ircreepy(m): 2:27pm On Sep 01, 2017
murphyibiam15:
Afikpo man from Ebonyi upturning the fraud of a formal VC an Nsukka man from Enugu

so far he's doing it in the interest of the university he should go on.. impunity and nepotism must be wiped out.

learnt the formal VC mostly admitted Enugu indigenes during his tenure as VC
Nsukka folks are always known to promote their people, look at the Enugu government, na only nsukka full am. But these same set of people will hang buhari for favoring his folks.. .

2 Likes

Re: 28 Professors Recommended For Demotion In Michael Okpara University, Umudike by murphyibiam15(m): 2:34pm On Sep 01, 2017
5ircreepy:

Nsukka folks are always known to promote their people, look at the Enugu government, na only nsukka full am. But these same set of people will hang buhari for favoring his folks.. .
I tire oo.. I be igbo oo but most igbo clans care about their people with little or less regards to others not of their clan.. that's the problem

if we get biafra now and a particular clan manages to get power they will so behave like buhari and his kinsmen... too bad

6 Likes

Re: 28 Professors Recommended For Demotion In Michael Okpara University, Umudike by Nobody: 2:34pm On Sep 01, 2017
This school sabi form serious n mean yet abia state is yet to feel their impact.
Re: 28 Professors Recommended For Demotion In Michael Okpara University, Umudike by patola080(m): 2:36pm On Sep 01, 2017
Why it is dat Na my brother from dat side full d list?? Dey always want to take shortcuts in everything in dis life
Re: 28 Professors Recommended For Demotion In Michael Okpara University, Umudike by tizzle(m): 2:38pm On Sep 01, 2017
how did they get promoted ? who recommended them for promotion
Re: 28 Professors Recommended For Demotion In Michael Okpara University, Umudike by GloryGloryRufus(m): 2:56pm On Sep 01, 2017
UnknownT:
From sacking the lecturers Edoga employed, to denoting the ones he promoted. I wouldnt be surprised when I hear that the new VC has reported Edoga to EFCC
But that former vc Edoga should actually be reported to EFcc. His properties should be seized, he was not doing those things for free. Corrupt man. God loves orderliness.

3 Likes

Re: 28 Professors Recommended For Demotion In Michael Okpara University, Umudike by obyrich(m): 2:57pm On Sep 01, 2017
oladapoa1:
Abajo.... Professor with a year experience. Everything just fall on them shocked
It is post doctorate experience. Some of them have over 20 years experience as lecturers but just got their PhD few years ago.

4 Likes

Re: 28 Professors Recommended For Demotion In Michael Okpara University, Umudike by gbaliciousgbali: 3:00pm On Sep 01, 2017
What did they did?
Re: 28 Professors Recommended For Demotion In Michael Okpara University, Umudike by fergie001: 3:03pm On Sep 01, 2017
The handwriting of Prof Iwe,but I think this VC is spot on,
I saw Iheaokwaba(computer engrg),innocent ajah okoro(chemistry) and Osuagwu(botany) and am proud this VC has acted right.
No-one should hurl invectives at the VC,if you are explained to the situation of things there,you will und better.

2 Likes

Re: 28 Professors Recommended For Demotion In Michael Okpara University, Umudike by Cmeo(m): 3:22pm On Sep 01, 2017
It really baffles me that the same people that use to shout marginalization, tribalism, ethinicism, etc are not here to shout that the wrongly promoted people are all southern and majorly Igbo.

They should please come and defend or critize this o.

Don't bother to check my profile, I am from the southern part of Nigeria, but I am intelligent to know it is one Nigeria and it doesn't matter who get what as long as they are Nigerians, competent and they are doing the job given to them.

2 Likes

Re: 28 Professors Recommended For Demotion In Michael Okpara University, Umudike by mechanics(m): 3:32pm On Sep 01, 2017
Not too good news for them and their family members.
Re: 28 Professors Recommended For Demotion In Michael Okpara University, Umudike by Lilkini(m): 3:32pm On Sep 01, 2017
And i can see two of my dept lecturers back then in the uni...one happen to be my closest prof n project supervisor

#this is bad

otunta why na??
Re: 28 Professors Recommended For Demotion In Michael Okpara University, Umudike by 9japrof(m): 3:38pm On Sep 01, 2017
Mehn this school have been on the news, I tend to believe this story...
Re: 28 Professors Recommended For Demotion In Michael Okpara University, Umudike by toxict14: 3:40pm On Sep 01, 2017
OK
Re: 28 Professors Recommended For Demotion In Michael Okpara University, Umudike by tipwill(m): 3:40pm On Sep 01, 2017
DangotePikin:
Which is greater, lecturer one or two?
1 is greater

1 Like

Re: 28 Professors Recommended For Demotion In Michael Okpara University, Umudike by Ogb885: 3:52pm On Sep 01, 2017
Nsukka people are NOT Igbos. They are from Kogi and they treat real Igbos with much hatered and contempt. A lecturer becomes a professor primarily by his contribution to knowledge evidenced by his impact journal publications. Years of teaching experience do not count much. Nsukka people will ignore the rules just to help ONLY their brothers.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 28 Professors Recommended For Demotion In Michael Okpara University, Umudike by babapressy(m): 3:55pm On Sep 01, 2017
Painful
Re: 28 Professors Recommended For Demotion In Michael Okpara University, Umudike by ensamy(m): 3:57pm On Sep 01, 2017
So after demotion, they will become former professors ? hmmmm shocked shocked shocked
Re: 28 Professors Recommended For Demotion In Michael Okpara University, Umudike by agabusta: 4:02pm On Sep 01, 2017
DangotePikin:

Lecturer 1.

This is the order

Graduate Assistant
Assistant Lecturer
Lecturer 2
Lecturer 1
Senior Lecturer
Reader (Associate Prof)
Professor

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 28 Professors Recommended For Demotion In Michael Okpara University, Umudike by omoelerin1: 4:09pm On Sep 01, 2017
This is a federal uni. See all the names and they are the people that smart in shouting marginalisation. Even in the north it is not like that. Igbo and fraud are like 5 & 6.

1 Like

Re: 28 Professors Recommended For Demotion In Michael Okpara University, Umudike by oladapoa1(m): 4:31pm On Sep 01, 2017
obyrich:
It is post doctorate experience. Some of them have over 20 years experience as lecturers but just got their PhD few years ago.
Yea... I was just surprised why one?
Re: 28 Professors Recommended For Demotion In Michael Okpara University, Umudike by ItsMeAboki(m): 4:35pm On Sep 01, 2017
Thank God this didn't happen in the north; otherwise some e-rats and pigdiots would have had a field day insulting the entire region and its ppl.

1 Like

Re: 28 Professors Recommended For Demotion In Michael Okpara University, Umudike by Igboeze90: 4:52pm On Sep 01, 2017
This news gladdens my heart so much. My alma mater is finally getting things right. Evil can only triumph for a while, but good always trumps it in the end.

Prof. Otunta is showing exemplary and stellar leadership. EFCC and ICPC must go after Edeoga now.
Corruption must be rooted out in our sanctuaries of learning first. For if the universities are corrupt, what will their products be? Akin to saying if gold rusts, what will iron do?

God bless Nigeria!

1 Like

Re: 28 Professors Recommended For Demotion In Michael Okpara University, Umudike by chilinks(m): 5:12pm On Sep 01, 2017
PiuniMan:
Salary don cut be that

For this recession?
i am interested in the MTN bundle
Re: 28 Professors Recommended For Demotion In Michael Okpara University, Umudike by shankara7: 5:43pm On Sep 01, 2017
DangotePikin:
Lecturer one
Re: 28 Professors Recommended For Demotion In Michael Okpara University, Umudike by chicoMX(m): 6:28pm On Sep 01, 2017
hos4x:
That one no be school before self

You nor get sense at all
Re: 28 Professors Recommended For Demotion In Michael Okpara University, Umudike by kulrunsman79(m): 6:36pm On Sep 01, 2017
Rubbish! The youngest professor in the world is 16years, when did he add 12 years experience to get that?
Black man with backward and retrogressive mentality

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 28 Professors Recommended For Demotion In Michael Okpara University, Umudike by AKPARAJA: 6:42pm On Sep 01, 2017
This type of cleansing needs to take place in Ebonyi State University EBSU as most of the Professors doesn't seem to earn it.
I was surprised during a TV interview whereby Hon Adaeze Nwuzor said that ex Gov ELECHI told her to step down during local government election as he has told EBSU vc to reward her with a professorial position and I was shocked because she came from EBSU to contest the council election
Some persons are made professors 2years after their PhD without any book published but co-authored books and that's why they feel shy talking with some persons and its shows in the graduates pushed out from EBSU
The NUC should regulate some of these excesses to standardise the system and not just accreditation of courses

3 Likes

Re: 28 Professors Recommended For Demotion In Michael Okpara University, Umudike by guiddoti: 7:47pm On Sep 01, 2017
Haba! How many prof will now remain in republic of Biafra?
Re: 28 Professors Recommended For Demotion In Michael Okpara University, Umudike by guiddoti: 10:15pm On Sep 01, 2017
ladykolly:
Who on earth refunds salaries in nigeria.
its because everyone is corrupt.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

President Buhari Nominates 42 Ambassadors / Lady Spotted In Ibadan As A Commercial Okada Rider / 3 Good Reasons Everyone Should Be Making Money On Upwork

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.