Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,148 members, 7,825,588 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:14 PM

Osinbajo Disowns Ngige Over ASUU Strike - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo Disowns Ngige Over ASUU Strike (28132 Views)

SDP Disowns Omisore’s Alliance With APC / Reno Omokri Blasts Chris Ngige Over 'Clap For Buhari' Comment / $50M: Mu’azu Disowns Ikoyi House, But ETCO Website Exposed Him - SR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osinbajo Disowns Ngige Over ASUU Strike by Islie: 10:58am On Sep 01, 2017
By Isiaka Wakili

Vice President Yemi Osinbajo says contrary to the claim by the Minister of Labour and Employment, Chris Ngige, he has not taken over negotiations with the striking Academic Staff Union of Universities.

The vice president said this today through his Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Mr. Laolu Akande.

Ngige had, while addressing State House reporters after the Federal Executive Council meeting chaired by President Muhammadu Buhari on Wednesday, said Osinbajo had taken over some aspects of the negotiations and discussions with the ASUU.

The minister had stated: "At council today (Wednesday), the vice president has taken over some of the aspects of the negotiations and discussions.

"So, we are continuing the meeting in his office and when we finish meeting, we will get back to ASUU for another round of meeting and we are hopeful that we will be able to go to an appreciable extent to solve some of the outstanding issues that is preventing them from going back to work."

But the vice president's spokesman, via Twitter, described the minister's disclosure as untrue and inaccurate.

Akandende emphasised that Ngige and the Minister of Education, Adamu Adamu, continued to lead the discussions.

"News report that Vice President Osinbajo has taken over ASUU negotiations is untrue and inaccurate. Labour and Education Ministers continue to lead the talks."

The ASUU has since August 13 been on a nationwide strike over the failure of the Federal Government to implement an agreement reached with the union in 2009.

The union had also alleged that the government did not implement the Memorandum of Understanding the two sides signed in 2013.

The leadership of the union had on Tuesday boycotted a meeting with the government.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/osinbajo-disowns-ngige-over-ASUU-strike.html

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Disowns Ngige Over ASUU Strike by MhizzAJ(f): 11:05am On Sep 01, 2017
okay
Re: Osinbajo Disowns Ngige Over ASUU Strike by papaejima1: 11:08am On Sep 01, 2017
Chai

7 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Disowns Ngige Over ASUU Strike by chumaster(m): 11:08am On Sep 01, 2017
ghen ghen, What a government!
It seems Osibanjo is being frustrated, this APC leadership does not tally with his class. But he wouldn't mind, quite sad!

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Disowns Ngige Over ASUU Strike by aolawale025: 11:12am On Sep 01, 2017
Soon Nigerians would disown APC

52 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Disowns Ngige Over ASUU Strike by mars123(m): 11:14am On Sep 01, 2017
APC government is confused walahi.

67 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Disowns Ngige Over ASUU Strike by babyfaceafrica: 11:14am On Sep 01, 2017
ASUU and fg are shameless

7 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Disowns Ngige Over ASUU Strike by Evablizin(f): 11:15am On Sep 01, 2017
aolawale025:
Soon Nigerians would disown APC
Amen their mess is too much

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Disowns Ngige Over ASUU Strike by clarocuzioo(m): 11:19am On Sep 01, 2017
Confused set of people running a confused government for consfused Nation, minster will say one thing, the vice president will say another

49 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Disowns Ngige Over ASUU Strike by Diegostan(m): 11:21am On Sep 01, 2017
Re: Osinbajo Disowns Ngige Over ASUU Strike by deebrain(m): 11:21am On Sep 01, 2017
Ha
Re: Osinbajo Disowns Ngige Over ASUU Strike by signature2012(m): 11:21am On Sep 01, 2017
You guys are in power and don't give a damn sh!t about the masses.

You keep playing 4 corner post with people's future all because your kids are not affected.

Well,i don't really blame you guys,I blame those who "mumunishly"campaigned and wasted their time to ever cast a vote during an election and will also do same despite all this sufferings they are facing daily come 2019.

Am still very surprise the past administration was not blame for this.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Disowns Ngige Over ASUU Strike by baike: 11:21am On Sep 01, 2017
God bless Buhari Bless Nnamdi kanu Bless Nigeria Bless Biafra Bless Baike

3 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Disowns Ngige Over ASUU Strike by ekems2017(f): 11:22am On Sep 01, 2017
Bunch of confuse people. I weep for my country.

What do you expect when their children are studying in good schools outside the country. Why won't they joke with the common man.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Disowns Ngige Over ASUU Strike by gurunlocker: 11:22am On Sep 01, 2017
That shows the gap of communication and lies in this government.... what a shame!

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Disowns Ngige Over ASUU Strike by aaamos(m): 11:22am On Sep 01, 2017
Bad news
Re: Osinbajo Disowns Ngige Over ASUU Strike by massinola(m): 11:22am On Sep 01, 2017
Government of the confused, by the confused and for the confused. I hail una

5 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Disowns Ngige Over ASUU Strike by Abfinest007(m): 11:23am On Sep 01, 2017
this is another scenario of oga at top. do anybody here still remember my oga at the top story

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Disowns Ngige Over ASUU Strike by fergie001: 11:23am On Sep 01, 2017
Everybody lies in this govt,you do not even know whom to believe.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Disowns Ngige Over ASUU Strike by donbrowser(m): 11:23am On Sep 01, 2017
better
Re: Osinbajo Disowns Ngige Over ASUU Strike by Tolams16(m): 11:23am On Sep 01, 2017
Ftc
Re: Osinbajo Disowns Ngige Over ASUU Strike by ijobaooorun(m): 11:23am On Sep 01, 2017
Clueless people

8 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Disowns Ngige Over ASUU Strike by cosmosekeh: 11:24am On Sep 01, 2017
We are bleeped...

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Disowns Ngige Over ASUU Strike by Omeokachie: 11:25am On Sep 01, 2017
Ngige probably slept all through the FEC meeting!

You know that situation when you are not paying attention in class and the teacher suddenly ask you to repeat his last statement!

13 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Disowns Ngige Over ASUU Strike by ChemicalMallam(m): 11:26am On Sep 01, 2017
this not good at all. when I heard he was to lead the negotiations, I had hope knowing that the end is near.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Disowns Ngige Over ASUU Strike by steveyoungwealth: 11:26am On Sep 01, 2017
this country self

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Disowns Ngige Over ASUU Strike by Nobody: 11:27am On Sep 01, 2017
This is a pointer that the government team led by Adamu and Ngige aren't serious and not to be trusted by ASUU.

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Disowns Ngige Over ASUU Strike by suremanpatriot: 11:27am On Sep 01, 2017
Assu strike is a generational thing. Sstop ur false blames on this regime. It's a hangover effect ,u ppl don't think,you don't remember history,tht is why they want to blot out history from the curriculum of ur children's education.Shame!

3 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Disowns Ngige Over ASUU Strike by Nobody: 11:27am On Sep 01, 2017
kwakwakwakwakwakwakwakwa grin

Ngige replies: "If you disown me yawa go dey, cha, see gobe oh, VP yawa go dey; My VP oh..."

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Disowns Ngige Over ASUU Strike by Alexgeneration(m): 11:28am On Sep 01, 2017
Make them no worry, I will take over the negotiations. ASUU should come to my office by 12pm on tuesday for further deliberation.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ibrahim Babangida Hosts Wike At His Hilltop Residence In Minna(photos) / Urhobo Not Part Of Biafra, Says Umukoro, UPU Press Secretary / Supporters Hails Tinubu After Eid-El-Kabir Prayer In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.