Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,210 members, 7,818,709 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:28 PM

FOR REAL? “i’m Not A Thief; I Can’t Be A Thief”, James Ibori Says - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FOR REAL? “i’m Not A Thief; I Can’t Be A Thief”, James Ibori Says (604 Views)

NDDC: Akpabio Names Orji Kalu, Uduaghan, James Ibori In Contract Scandal / Godfathers: Oshiomhole Has Joined James Ibori And Bola Tinubu As Power Brokers / James Ibori Weeps At Alamieyeseigha’s Graveside In Bayelsa...Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FOR REAL? “i’m Not A Thief; I Can’t Be A Thief”, James Ibori Says by Eka111(m): 1:37pm On Sep 01, 2017
Embattled former Delta State governor, James Ibori, says he was wrongly accused and maligned by those who typecast him as a thief.

Mr. Ibori , who recently returned to Nigeria after serving jail term in the United Kingdom for corruption, made the remark at a special thanksgiving held in his honour, at the First Baptist Church in Oghara, Delta State on Sunday.
Speaking to the mammoth congregation, Mr. Ibori said he was wrongly accused and that the biggest pain he felt aside from his travails was the anguish his people went through because of his absence.

See more exciting stories here
The former governor, who hailed the crowd of politicians, clergy, traditional rulers and other enthusiasts, said he was aware those behind his travails wanted to separate him from his people.
He said: “They want me to go to the corner where I won’t be seen. Today, I have decided to speak for myself. I am not a thief; I cannot be a thief. Today is the day they say I should give testimony to God. For those who know me, you know that my life is a testimony itself. I have said it over and again that my life is fashioned by God, directed by God, sealed, acknowledged and blessed by God. I believe that since the day I was born.
“Like the Archbishop said, when this whole commotion started, what was most painful to me was the pain and suffering that my people were going through.
“It has nothing to do with me as a person because, for some reasons, like I said to you, I drew my strength from God. So, somehow, I knew that God would stand by me. I knew that one-day, this day would come. I am indeed very pleased that I can now stand before you and look at your faces, the faces that I have missed, and those of you who have indeed suffered the pains of my absence. It has nothing to do with me.
“So, when I reflect, it gives me joy that all your prayers, God has answered them, with your support and solidarity with me all through this period. It is indeed not what I can begin to say.

Must Read story: Start earning big from home
“The only testimony that I have is the fact that I am back and alive in your midst. And again, I say that I never had any doubt in my mind that I would get back home.
“When I looked at how things were going, I discovered that they wanted to separate me from you, my people. They wanted me to go to the corner where I wouldn’t be seen. That’s how I see it. At a point, I called my older brother (former Governor Emmanuel Uduaghan): ‘How to get home is what I am about to do now’. It was a pragmatic decision.

“I am happy to be home with my people. There is nobody who can battle with the Lord. An Urhobo adage says there is time for everything (okiemute). A day will come when I will tell my story and every one of you will hear me. Today is to thank God,” he said.
Mr. Ibori was convicted of corruption and money laundering on April 17, 2012, after five years of trial.
The Southwark Crown Court, UK, sentenced him to 13 years in prison while his houses, luxury cars and other property items were confiscated.
The judge, however, ruled that Mr. Ibori would spend half of the jail term, which is six and half years.
Born on Aug. 4, 1959, Mr. Ibori was the governor of Delta from May 29, 1999 to May 29, 2007 on the platform of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP).

More corruption and secessionist stories here
Re: FOR REAL? “i’m Not A Thief; I Can’t Be A Thief”, James Ibori Says by limeta(f): 2:03pm On Sep 01, 2017
Ibori you be our peson i beg leave talk
The british legal system is not made in nigeria
Just chill pls
Re: FOR REAL? “i’m Not A Thief; I Can’t Be A Thief”, James Ibori Says by MyNewJackeT: 2:14pm On Sep 01, 2017
you can't steal what is yours....
this is an old story, most pipelines pass through theur backyard.

Good luck paid people to protect their area (which is the only money they will ever see from the government) instead of paying the army to come and protect it.

ibori was the only person that started sharing the money to his people.

if that man contests for Senate tomorrow he will still win.

you don't live I. the south south so you may not know how things get down...

OP travel and see things for yourself​.
Re: FOR REAL? “i’m Not A Thief; I Can’t Be A Thief”, James Ibori Says by Eka111(m): 2:33pm On Sep 01, 2017
Mr Traveler! Mr sojourner! Common sense fall on you
MyNewJackeT:
you can't steal what is yours....
this is an old story, most pipelines pass through theur backyard.

Good luck paid people to protect their area (which is the only money they will ever see from the government) instead of paying the army to come and protect it.

ibori was the only person that started sharing the money to his people.

if that man contests for Senate tomorrow he will still win.

you don't live I. the south south so you may not know how things get down...

OP travel and see things for yourself​.
Re: FOR REAL? “i’m Not A Thief; I Can’t Be A Thief”, James Ibori Says by Ajewealth123(m): 2:49pm On Sep 01, 2017
He be like say to go back that side don dey hungry uncle james.
If I can believe James Ibori is not a thief, then I can believe Vladimir putin can become usa president

1 Like

Re: FOR REAL? “i’m Not A Thief; I Can’t Be A Thief”, James Ibori Says by MyNewJackeT: 4:15pm On Sep 01, 2017
Eka111:
Mr Traveler! Mr sojourner! Common sense fall on you

I get pipeline for my backyard, the day wey it climb my head, and I see market I go break am... come and slap me when I do it.

stupid boy, you feel say na to dey Lagos dey type shit.

when he came back from jail he was celebrated.
Re: FOR REAL? “i’m Not A Thief; I Can’t Be A Thief”, James Ibori Says by Joshuasaintiago: 6:06pm On Sep 01, 2017
ALL THIS POLITICIAN SHOWCASING MONEY EVERYWHERE WHAT HAVE THEY DONE TO NIGERIANS EVERYDAY U HERE ARTHUR EZE, HUSHPUPPY, ALL THOSE MEN WHEN THEY COME TO OCCASION THEY SPRAY MILLION WHAT WAY HAVE THEY BENEFIT THE POOR MASSES
Re: FOR REAL? “i’m Not A Thief; I Can’t Be A Thief”, James Ibori Says by SHTFguy: 6:10pm On Sep 01, 2017
If Ibori is a thief then Tinubu is an armed robber

(1) (Reply)

Fed Govt Loses Trillions As Stamp Duty Fee Is Unremitted / The Reason Why Most Yoruba's And Niger Deltans Hate Obasanjo And Jonathan / BREAKING: South-east Govs Proscribe IPOB Activities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.