Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,455 members, 7,808,629 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:29 PM

After 10days Of Coding With Html, Css And Javascript Forum4africa Is Ready - Programming (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / After 10days Of Coding With Html, Css And Javascript Forum4africa Is Ready (12753 Views)

Advantages Of Coding Your Own Website Rather Than Using Wordpress Or Wix / How To Build A Simple Search Engine Using Html Css And Javascript / Top 20 Websites To Learn Coding With Java, Python, SQL, Algorithms, And Git For (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: After 10days Of Coding With Html, Css And Javascript Forum4africa Is Ready by olamil34(m): 8:55am On Sep 24, 2017
i think i will be making own forum soon
Re: After 10days Of Coding With Html, Css And Javascript Forum4africa Is Ready by Nobody: 9:55am On Sep 24, 2017
olamil34:
i think i will be making own forum soon
Are you not happy with your startup ni? Your eye still dey too much for this Nairaland.
Be like me - i just troll in once in awhile to catch my fun, see what is happening and off I go.
Re: After 10days Of Coding With Html, Css And Javascript Forum4africa Is Ready by AfricaNigerian: 1:00pm On Sep 24, 2017
okwyee:
Now lets go to your COLORFUL website cheesy
Please check the changes on the site
Re: After 10days Of Coding With Html, Css And Javascript Forum4africa Is Ready by Jenifa123: 1:24pm On Sep 24, 2017
AfricaNigerian:
It's much better than before
But u still need more work done on it
Re: After 10days Of Coding With Html, Css And Javascript Forum4africa Is Ready by AfricaNigerian: 1:42pm On Sep 24, 2017
Jenifa123:

It's much better than before
But u still need more work done on it
Thanks, I need more work? Please ma tell me what to do next.
Re: After 10days Of Coding With Html, Css And Javascript Forum4africa Is Ready by okwyee(m): 2:33pm On Sep 24, 2017
AfricaNigerian:
It's better now but not good enough.
You can't force this on yourself, you'll have to learn it to understand it. even if you use 2 colors, you might not still get it right. I suggest you study every kind of website you can find, and try to redesign them as daniel stated above!
Go and do your home work
Re: After 10days Of Coding With Html, Css And Javascript Forum4africa Is Ready by AfricaNigerian: 8:10pm On Sep 24, 2017
okwyee:

You can't force this on yourself, you'll have to learn it to understand it. even if you use 2 colors, you might not still get it right. I suggest you study every kind of website you can find, and try to redesign them as daniel stated above!
Go and do your home work
Thank you sir...... Please share Me your site link I might be able to learn something new from your site.
Re: After 10days Of Coding With Html, Css And Javascript Forum4africa Is Ready by AfricaNigerian: 8:16pm On Sep 24, 2017
okwyee:

Go and do your home work
lol! My home work is to make sure the design of my site is nice though I'm yet to get it done.
Re: After 10days Of Coding With Html, Css And Javascript Forum4africa Is Ready by okwyee(m): 8:53pm On Sep 24, 2017
AfricaNigerian:
Thank you sir...... Please share Me your site link I might be able to learn something new from your site.

Erm, scratches head#
I'm an Illustrator & brand designer not a web designer.
The advise i gave you are just basics of what anyone that wants to delve into graphics design must know (web design included).
There are tons of websites you can check na.
friendosphere.com danielthegeek
Nairaland (dot) net dhtml81
I can't really remember the URL of other nairalanders websites sha.
Just go and take a web development course all together on codecademy, cousera, freecodecamp, udemy.. the list is endless.
Re: After 10days Of Coding With Html, Css And Javascript Forum4africa Is Ready by AfricaNigerian: 6:32pm On Sep 25, 2017
okwyee:

Erm, scratches head#
I'm an Illustrator & brand designer not a web designer.
The advise i gave you are just basics of what anyone that wants to delve into graphics design must know (web design included).
There are tons of websites you can check na.
friendosphere.com danielthegeek
Nairaland (dot) net dhtml81
I can't really remember the URL of other nairalanders websites sha.
Just go and take a web development course all together on codecademy, cousera, freecodecamp, udemy.. the list is endless.
merci beaucoups
Re: After 10days Of Coding With Html, Css And Javascript Forum4africa Is Ready by AfricaNigerian: 6:19pm On Sep 29, 2017
I'm adding a dictionary to the forum http://forum4africa.Cf to make users search for strange and confusing words easily.
Re: After 10days Of Coding With Html, Css And Javascript Forum4africa Is Ready by TaiKuun(m): 9:26am On Sep 30, 2017
boringnigerian:
Okay, dude, I like the fact that you've put in effort to do this and you want to improve but I kinda agree with the guy I previously quoted: your site looks terrible. Here's the thing; before people actually use your site, they have to first decide that they want to make use of your site and you know what most people's decisions are based on? Appearance! Your site may be the most functional site on the internet but if you pay little attention to the design, trust me, your site would go nowhere. You need to learn design aesthetics which, unfortunately, most Nigerian "developers" and "web designers" completely ignore.

As I said, I like the fact that you chose to work on this but your site needs a redesign from ground up.
forget all these vocabs and tell him the way forward. What dyu mean by "but your site needs a redesign from ground up."?
What if he follows your advice and end up with a worse design?? I think it is just better to tell him what and what to do. That's the way forward.

I'm sorry to be the one to tell you this, but you haven't said anything constructive here. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: After 10days Of Coding With Html, Css And Javascript Forum4africa Is Ready by olamil34(m): 12:35pm On Sep 30, 2017
AfricaNigerian:
I'm adding a dictionary to the forum http://forum4africa.Cf to make users search for strange and confusing words easily.
how many people have bought ads on ur platforms
Re: After 10days Of Coding With Html, Css And Javascript Forum4africa Is Ready by boringnigerian: 1:04pm On Sep 30, 2017
TaiKuun:
forget all these vocabs and tell him the way forward. What dyu mean by "but your site needs a redesign from ground up."?
What if he follows your advice and end up with a worse design?? I think it is just better to tell him what and what to do. That's the way forward.

I'm sorry to be the one to tell you this, but you haven't said anything constructive here. Thank you.

In case you didn't realize, I'm not the owner of the site. He is. I can't tell him what design to employ; it's his choice. If he decides to stick with this design, hey, it's his funeral. I only gave my general opinion of the site's design which is what he asked for. If he was asking for design ideas, I'm sure he can phrase it to read as such so I don't know why you're crying more than the bereaved.
Re: After 10days Of Coding With Html, Css And Javascript Forum4africa Is Ready by boringnigerian: 1:06pm On Sep 30, 2017
TaiKuun:

Besides, if "learn design aesthetics" and "redesign the site" aren't things to do which I suggested, then we have very different definitions for advice.
Re: After 10days Of Coding With Html, Css And Javascript Forum4africa Is Ready by AfricaNigerian: 5:57pm On Sep 30, 2017
olamil34:
how many people have bought ads on ur platforms
you can count the number of Ads on the homepage... Though its cheap, a week ad-placement cost 100naira and those ads on the homepage are lasting for 5months
Re: After 10days Of Coding With Html, Css And Javascript Forum4africa Is Ready by Nobody: 7:23am On Oct 01, 2017
Very very very bad business model even for a reasonable startup...

I found that you're using "W-apka", a free site building tool... All these features you've been mentioning weren't probably developed by you (correct me if I'm wrong), I got banned two times trying to mention this.

I kept wondering why the design wouldn't improve till I found out the platform on which it's built.

My advice, take HTMl/CSS for a while then move to Python or Go, send me a DM. I'm willing to help you get going in the world of software development, I can set you on the part of agile development and provide you with servers to practice with. That's the best I can do, I won't post on this thread again. Gracias.
AfricaNigerian:
you can count the number of Ads on the homepage... Though its cheap, a week ad-placement cost 100naira and those ads on the homepage are lasting for 5months

1 Like

Re: After 10days Of Coding With Html, Css And Javascript Forum4africa Is Ready by AfricaNigerian: 8:19am On Oct 01, 2017
DanielTheGeek:

I found that you're using "W-apka", a free site building tool... All these features you've been mentioning weren't probably developed by you (correct me if I'm wrong), I got banned two times trying to mention this.

I kept wondering why the design wouldn't improve till I found out the platform on which it's built.

My advice, take HTMl/CSS for a while then move to Python or Go, send me a DM. I'm willing to help you get going in the world of software development, I can set you on the part of agile development and provide you with servers to practice with. That's the best I can do, I won't post on this thread again. Gracias.
how will i send you a DM? i don't know how to do that. please can you drop your Facebook ID?

sir, you mentioned that i didn't develop the features, yes i didn't but i coded out the features from my brain and with the use of codes knowledge of mine i was able to write a dictionary code, upload pics code, and i'm even working on a currency converter code. *cheers* i'm different from other lazy W-apka.
I find time to develop things by myself.
I have the full knowledge of creating forums with softwares such as SMF, Mybb and Xenforo but i don't have the right device to carry out the operations.
i'm just managing to use my Nokia5230 2005 model to design http://forum4africa.cf and that's the main reason i couldn't finish wordpress but had to move to other wap sites.
Re: After 10days Of Coding With Html, Css And Javascript Forum4africa Is Ready by olamil34(m): 8:22am On Oct 01, 2017
DanielTheGeek:

ain't that the truth, i could help with python(django), @dhtml81
Re: After 10days Of Coding With Html, Css And Javascript Forum4africa Is Ready by Nobody: 10:05am On Oct 01, 2017
WTF!

Did you just say "Nokia 5230 2005...", You've not even been programming all these while...
AfricaNigerian:
how will i send you a DM? i don't know how to do that. please can you drop your Facebook ID?

sir, you mentioned that i didn't develop the features, yes i didn't but i coded out the features from my brain and with the use of codes knowledge of mine i was able to write a dictionary code, upload pics code, and i'm even working on a currency converter code. *cheers* i'm different from other lazy W-apka.
I find time to develop things by myself.
I have the full knowledge of creating forums with softwares such as SMF, Mybb and Xenforo but i don't have the right device to carry out the operations.
i'm just managing to use my Nokia5230 2005 model to design http://forum4africa.cf and that's the main reason i couldn't finish wordpress but had to move to other wap sites.

1 Like

Re: After 10days Of Coding With Html, Css And Javascript Forum4africa Is Ready by olamil34(m): 10:35am On Oct 01, 2017
this guy is a fraud, and this thread be deleted.
Re: After 10days Of Coding With Html, Css And Javascript Forum4africa Is Ready by olamil34(m): 12:13pm On Oct 01, 2017
Re: After 10days Of Coding With Html, Css And Javascript Forum4africa Is Ready by Nobody: 3:14pm On Oct 01, 2017
I don't know about the fraud part but the delete part has to done....
olamil34:
Re: After 10days Of Coding With Html, Css And Javascript Forum4africa Is Ready by Standing5(m): 3:29pm On Oct 01, 2017
DanielTheGeek:
I don't know about the fraud part but the delete part has to done....
The guy should visit web-designinspiration.com [google it] and draw inspiration that will cure his site of that 1997 amateurish look. I suggest the guy gets James Williamson's course on Html/css layout. Aestetics is equally as important as functions.

1 Like

Re: After 10days Of Coding With Html, Css And Javascript Forum4africa Is Ready by eidesk(m): 3:39pm On Oct 01, 2017
Closed - Out of date
Re: After 10days Of Coding With Html, Css And Javascript Forum4africa Is Ready by Nobody: 7:52pm On Oct 01, 2017
Follow the OP out of here, you also need to learn how not to hijack a thread.

[quote author=eidesk post=61006581]Online Banking Website Script
An online banking script designed by spiritman's LAB. work like a pro, earn like a king using our amazing banking software..

Re: After 10days Of Coding With Html, Css And Javascript Forum4africa Is Ready by AfricaNigerian: 8:02pm On Oct 01, 2017
DanielTheGeek:
WTF!

Did you just say "Nokia 5230 2005...", You've not even been programming all these while...
yeah! I'm gonna get an android device as soon as i'm through with my exams.
#dad_promised_me
Re: After 10days Of Coding With Html, Css And Javascript Forum4africa Is Ready by AfricaNigerian: 8:07pm On Oct 01, 2017
olamil34:
me fraud? Better mind what you type about me.
Don't just try me i hate it when people type nonsense about me. #be_warned

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Do You Overcome Laziness And Dizziness When Working / Dr. Chinedu Emeka Invents Computer Software To Track Criminals / What Attracted You To Learn how to code?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.