Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,260 members, 7,815,421 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:07 PM

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 02/09/17 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 02/09/17 (948 Views)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 11/09/17 / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 10/09/17 / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 03/09/17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 02/09/17 by dallyemmy: 5:15pm On Sep 01, 2017
OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL...

DATE: SATURDAY 2ND SEPTEMBER 2017

THEME: IS YOUR CONSCIENCE ALIVE?

Memorise:

Having a good conscience; that, whereas they speak evil of you, as of evildoers, they may be ashamed that falsely accuse your good conversation in Christ. 1 Peter 3:16

Read: 2 Samuel 12:7-14

12:7 And Nathan said to David, Thou art the man` Thus saith the LORD God of Israel, I anointed thee king over Israel, and I delivered thee out of the hand of Saul;

12:8 And I gave thee thy master's house, and thy master's wives into thy bosom, and gave thee the house of Israel and of Judah; and if that had been too little, I would moreover have given unto thee such and such things.

12:9 Wherefore hast thou despised the commandment of the LORD, to do evil in his sight? thou hast killed Uriah the Hittite with the sword, and hast taken his wife to be thy wife, and hast slain him with the sword of the
children of Ammon.

12:10 Now therefore the sword shall never depart from thine house; because thou hast despised me, and hast taken the wife of Uriah the Hittite to be thy wife.

12:11 Thus saith the LORD, Behold, I will raise up evil against thee out of thine own house, and I will take thy wives before thine eyes, and give them unto thy neighbour, and he shall lie with thy wives in the sight of this sun.

12:12 For thou didst it secretly but I will do this thing before all Israel, and before the sun.

12:13 And David said unto Nathan, I have sinned against the LORD. And Nathan said unto David, The LORD also hath put away thy sin; thou shalt not die.

12:14 Howbeit, because by this deed thou hast given great occasion to the enemies of the LORD to blaspheme, the child also that is born unto thee shall surely die.

A true representative of a good family will do everything possible to protect the name of that family. For this reason, Proverbs 22:1 says,
"A good name is rather to be chosen than great riches and loving favour rather than silver than gold."

If you are a worthy child of God, you will do all you can to honour God's Name, and you will never bring it into disrepute. Honouring God's Name goes beyond lip service; God expects you to prove that you honour Him through your actions. In 1 Samuel 17:1-51, David was angry that an uncircumcised Philistine could boldly insult the God of Israel, and yet nobody could do anything about it. He therefore took up the challenge of defending God's Name. What have you done to defend or honour God's Name? In what way has your nation, state, community or even your workplace recognised the Lordship and greatness of God above all other gods because of your presence there? The patriarchs of old were not ashamed to stand for this same God, even at the cost of their lives (Hebrews 11:36-37). But how is it with you today? Are you even ashamed to publicly associate yourself with Jesus Christ, so that your peers and superiors will not look down on you?

If you truly hallow God's Name, then under no circumstance would you defile that Name. When someone looks at you and says, "How could you do this? And you call yourself a child of God!" Those words will go through you like a hot iron if your conscience is alive. If those words were spoken to you because you truly did err from the faith, you would feel pain in your heart, become miserable and feel ashamed of yourself. If indeed your conscience is alive, in such a moment, you would see yourself as a wretched sinner and immediately run to the cross of Calvary for
mercy and forgiveness. If your conscience is however dead, you may not feel a thing and just move on as if nothing ever happened. Is your conscience still alive? Does it warn you before you do any evil? Does it prick you when you sin? In 2 Samuel 11, David and Bathsheba fell into the sin of adultery. By the time Nathan confronted David over this evil act, he felt horrible. He was broken and in pain. God told him that his actions had brought shame and disgrace to His Name (2 Samuel 12:14). David genuinely repented, and God forgave him. At what stage do you realise you have sinned, and what is your response to this realisation?

Prayer Point:

Father, from now on, may I never bring shame to Your Name by my deeds.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
2 Chronicles 1-4
Ezekiel 34:11-24

AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE

HYMN 9: ON THE HILL FAR AWAY

1. On a hill far away stood an old rugged cross,
The emblem of suffering and shame;
And I love that old cross where the Dearest and Best
For a world of lost sinners was slain.

Refrain:
So I’ll cherish the old rugged cross,
Till my trophies at last I lay down;
I will cling to the old rugged cross,
And exchange it someday for a crown.

2. Oh, that old rugged cross, so despised by the world,
Has a wondrous attraction for me;
For the dear Lamb of God left His glory above
To bear it to dark Calvary.
[Refrain]

3. In that old rugged cross, stained with blood so divine,
A wondrous beauty I see,
For ’twas on that old cross Jesus suffered and died,
To pardon and sanctify me.
[Refrain]

4. To the old rugged cross I will ever be true;
Its shame and reproach gladly bear;
Then He’ll call me someday to my home far away,
Where His glory forever I’ll share.
[Refrain]
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional 02/09/17 by sotadegrt(m): 8:07pm On Sep 01, 2017
keep them coming.JESUS IS LORD
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional 02/09/17 by Ibukunore06: 5:57am On Sep 02, 2017
��� *LET US PRAY* ���

.. _*SATURDAY, September 02, 2017*_

*PRAYER POINTS* :- _IS YOUR CONSCIENCE ALIVE?_

1. *THANKSGIVINGS* .

2. *INTERCESSIONS/SUPPLICATIONS.*

3. *PRAYERS FROM OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL.*

----- Father, i thank you because *YOU ARE A FAITHFUL, A HOLY AND A JUST GOD.*

*_---- Father, I thank you for saving me and for the salvation of my soul....._*

*_---- Father, I thank you for the grace to be alive today;......_*

----- *_Father, from now on, please, let me never bring shame to Your Name by my deeds, in Jesus’ Name......_*

----- *_Father, in Your Love, please be merciful unto me for any past acts of disrepute to Your personality, in Jesus' Name........_*

----- *_Everlasting Father, please make my conscience to always be alive, in Jesus' Name........_*

----- *_Father, from today, please grant unto me the ability to be faithful unto You without a fault, in all Holiness, in Jesus' Name........_*

----- *_Father, please let Your name be honoured through me and my acts, in Jesus' Name........_*

----- *_Father, please give me the ability to always stand in defence of Your Holy Name , in Jesus' Name........_*

4. *PERSONAL PRAYERS REQUESTS:*
-- (John 16:23 - 24,
-- LUKE 18:1,
-- MATT 7:7 - cool......

---- FATHER, I thank you for the answers, for in *JESUS HOLY* Name I have Prayed.
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional 02/09/17 by dupsai(f): 6:04am On Sep 02, 2017
Prayer Points on Today's Open Heavens: (Saturday, September 2nd, 2017) - IS YOUR CONSCIENCE ALIVE?

1.Thank you, Father, for blessing me with all blessings in heavenly places.

2.Father, in anyway, l have fallen short of your glory, please, have mercy and forgive me, in Jesus' name.

3.Father, in anyway, l have brought shame and reproach to your name, please, forgive me, in Jesus' name.

4.Father, please, forgive all my secret sins and the sins of my youth, in Jesus' name.

5.Father, release upon my life, the grace never to cover my sins, but to confess and forsake, them, immediately, l am reminded by the Holy Spirit, in Jesus' name.

6.Father let every consequence and judgement of sin over my life and family, be cancelled, by your mercy, in Jesus' name.

7.Father, let your fire consume every spirit of covetousness and greed, in my life, in Jesus' name.

8.Father, give me the grace to be contented and be satisfied, with all that you have blessed and endowed me with, in Jesus' name.

9.Father, please, give me a clear conscience that is devoid of offence and malice towards all men and you, my God, in Jesus' name.

10.Father, please, give me a living conscience that will turn my heart away from doing evil, in Jesus' name.

11.Father, from now on, may I never bring shame to Your Name by my deeds, in Jesus' name.

12.Your Personal petitions.
( Philippians 4:6)
13.In Jesus' name I pray.
(John 14:13-14; 15:16)
14.Thank you Father for answered prayers.
(1 Thessalonians 5:18).
#GodBlessOurNation
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional 02/09/17 by vickson4love: 8:03am On Sep 12, 2017
Open heavens devotional on

http://www.openheavens.com.ng/?m=1
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional 02/09/17 by sotadegrt(m): 3:19pm On Sep 25, 2017
Jesus is lord. More

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Zamzam Well: Digging Up Bare Bone Facts / Conflict Between Religion And State / "Madam!!! Do Not Give Us An Erection!!!"---church To Breastfeeding Mum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.