Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,191 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:13 AM

How To Get Verified With A Green Badge On Whatsapp - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Get Verified With A Green Badge On Whatsapp (3830 Views)

How To Add Facebook Black Tick Verification Badge To Your Profile For Free / See How To Apply For A Verification Badge On Instagram / How To Remove The Red Notification Badge On Iphone Apps (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Get Verified With A Green Badge On Whatsapp by Nobody: 8:32pm On Sep 01, 2017
WhatsApp would soon start displaying green badges next to Whatsapp verified accounts as we earlier said in one of our posts. The green badges would exist to show you that the account has been confirmed to be authentic.

However, getting verified on WhatsApp might not be as easy as you think. But don’t worry, in this article, we will share some procedures on how you could get a verified badge. So, let’s start.

NOTE: As at the time of writing this post, Whatsapp hasn’t released any criteria to get verified but the information below could help you get verified.

Who are eligible to get verified on WhatsApp?

Public figures and celebrities e.g media, politics, sports and entertainment.
Government officials
Businesses and Brands (E.g. tech insider UK)
Although, so far rumors have it that only business accounts will get verified.

To be honest an ordinary individual cannot get a verified account on WhatsApp. so in order to get a verified account, you should become or establish a business. Local businesses might not get verified.

If you wanna apply for a verified account you should have the following documents ready cus you might need them.

Documents

Authenticated Birth Certificate
Driver’s License
Passport
Incorporation articles (if you endorse or represent sports company, entertainment or media)
National ID
A verified WhatsApp account could lose its verified status if it violates the TOS (terms of service).
SOURCE: https://www.mytechcommunity.com/3090/get-verified-whatsapp/

1 Share

Re: How To Get Verified With A Green Badge On Whatsapp by breadtom: 8:59pm On Sep 01, 2017
As long as it doesn't stop me from chatting on wat sup,then d badge is damn useless.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Get Verified With A Green Badge On Whatsapp by ijobaooorun(m): 9:06pm On Sep 01, 2017
Who cares

2 Likes

Re: How To Get Verified With A Green Badge On Whatsapp by finnestdope(m): 9:06pm On Sep 01, 2017
Nice one from them but I still don't see it's importance to me.

Verified or not Verified, as long as I chat and relate very well with my friends and clients, am good to go. smiley

2 Likes

Re: How To Get Verified With A Green Badge On Whatsapp by lenghtinny(m): 11:56pm On Sep 01, 2017
Make mark leave all these ceremonies for Instagram angry...

3 Likes

Re: How To Get Verified With A Green Badge On Whatsapp by digoster(m): 12:03am On Sep 02, 2017
white badge o, green badge o, it will be useless

2 Likes

Re: How To Get Verified With A Green Badge On Whatsapp by Ibifizzleboy(m): 7:34am On Sep 02, 2017
whatever
Re: How To Get Verified With A Green Badge On Whatsapp by lenovoboy: 9:28am On Sep 02, 2017
MrSonik:
WhatsApp would soon start displaying green badges next to Whatsapp verified accounts as we earlier said in one of our posts. The green badges would exist to show you that the account has been confirmed to be authentic.

However, getting verified on WhatsApp might not be as easy as you think. But don’t worry, in this article, we will share some procedures on how you could get a verified badge. So, let’s start.

NOTE: As at the time of writing this post, Whatsapp hasn’t released any criteria to get verified but the information below could help you get verified.

Who are eligible to get verified on WhatsApp?

Public figures and celebrities e.g media, politics, sports and entertainment.
Government officials
Businesses and Brands (E.g. tech insider UK)
Although, so far rumors have it that only business accounts will get verified.

To be honest an ordinary individual cannot get a verified account on WhatsApp. so in order to get a verified account, you should become or establish a business. Local businesses might not get verified.

If you wanna apply for a verified account you should have the following documents ready cus you might need them.

Documents

Authenticated Birth Certificate
Driver’s License
Passport
Incorporation articles (if you endorse or represent sports company, entertainment or media)
National ID
A verified WhatsApp account could lose its verified status if it violates the TOS (terms of service).
SOURCE: https://www.mytechcommunity.com/3090/get-verified-whatsapp/
Telegram already has this badge since ages.
Re: How To Get Verified With A Green Badge On Whatsapp by bareal(m): 9:32am On Sep 02, 2017
Dem dey give money for the badge?
Re: How To Get Verified With A Green Badge On Whatsapp by ZesusHVWritter(m): 10:57am On Sep 02, 2017
It is only important if you can search for contacts on WhatsApp, but you can't. So this badge move is as useless as buying infinix note 4 pro because of xpen.

1 Like

Re: How To Get Verified With A Green Badge On Whatsapp by Gudiza(m): 7:40pm On Sep 02, 2017
Abeg, make all of una wey dey use Whassap for free, yet dey call the move 'useless'....... just waka pass.

Make e no be say na becos of una comment dem go come do one really 'useful' update, una go come here dey complain for us.
Re: How To Get Verified With A Green Badge On Whatsapp by geez18(m): 10:33pm On Sep 02, 2017
except they will limit or outrightly restrict my access to the app why should i bother myself with that?
Re: How To Get Verified With A Green Badge On Whatsapp by SporaD8: 10:48pm On Sep 02, 2017
breadtom:
As long as it doesn't stop me from chatting on wat sup,then d badge is damn useless.
You guy actually miss the point!
The article clearly stated that the badge is for company and celebrity(who has got a reputation to protect) not just any individuals
For example, any Jack can upload MTN logo or Dangote photo as d.p, claim they are the company reps or Dangote himself make people part with confidential information in order to defraud/blackmail them.
...but with the badge, impersonation will be curtain.

1 Like

Re: How To Get Verified With A Green Badge On Whatsapp by Dollarship(m): 10:53pm On Sep 02, 2017
Those that are using whatsapp with customized international number dey do yahoo come han verify your account cheesy
Re: How To Get Verified With A Green Badge On Whatsapp by Olibboy: 1:42pm On Sep 03, 2017
verified my ass
Re: How To Get Verified With A Green Badge On Whatsapp by getitsms(m): 7:55am On Nov 29, 2022
GetItSMS does not charge any cost for applying [https://getitsms.com/blogs/whatsapp-green-tick-verification/]WhatsApp green tick verification[/https://getitsms.com/blogs/whatsapp-green-tick-verification/] on WhatsApp. You can apply for the WhatsApp green tick verification with GetItSMS.

(1) (Reply)

Infinix Hot 10 (Good Or Not) / Infinix Is Out Again.........hot 4 Taking Over.....pictures Taken With Hot 4 / Whatsapp Vs Signal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.