Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,466 members, 7,816,090 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:09 AM

Davido: "D'banj Gave Me A Rolex In 2014, But I Never Signed Anything" - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Davido: "D'banj Gave Me A Rolex In 2014, But I Never Signed Anything" (51616 Views)

Adekunke Gold Gifts His Old Friend And Music Director A Rolex Worth N11,000,000 / Zlatan Ibile Gifts His Lawyer A Rolex Watch (Photos, Video) / Mike Edwards' Fans Buy A Rolex Wristwatch For Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Davido: "D'banj Gave Me A Rolex In 2014, But I Never Signed Anything" by praizblog: 9:06pm On Sep 01, 2017
Davido confirms #Dbanj gave him a Rolex in 2014 but he never signed anything. "He paved the way for me any day! ," he says. See screenshot below

Source :: http://www.praizeblog.com/2017/09/davido-confirms-dbanj-gave-him-rolex-in.html?m=0

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Davido: "D'banj Gave Me A Rolex In 2014, But I Never Signed Anything" by madridguy(m): 9:07pm On Sep 01, 2017
tongue
Re: Davido: "D'banj Gave Me A Rolex In 2014, But I Never Signed Anything" by Immaculatesnow(m): 9:28pm On Sep 01, 2017
useless bloggers

21 Likes

Re: Davido: "D'banj Gave Me A Rolex In 2014, But I Never Signed Anything" by ehinmowo: 9:34pm On Sep 01, 2017
Case closed.

Everything in its time. There is a reason Elijah and John (the baptist) did not come at the same time.

D babj enjoyed his time. Davido, enjoying his time. Wen dey 'commot' others will still enjoy.

Cawid.com

132 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Davido: "D'banj Gave Me A Rolex In 2014, But I Never Signed Anything" by opeyemiieblog(m): 9:46pm On Sep 01, 2017
Immaculatesnow:
useless bloggers
useless comment...

21 Likes

Re: Davido: "D'banj Gave Me A Rolex In 2014, But I Never Signed Anything" by basilo4312: 9:50pm On Sep 01, 2017
The way i see it, it wasnt 2014, just a case of slip of tongue on part of Dbanj...guess maybe it was when Davido was 18 or 19.

Moreso, during the Mo-hit era, 'signing' any artiste was a case of oral agreement which was one of Dbanj's biggest career mistakes: he signed everyone in the Mohits - Dr Sid, Wande Coal, D' Prince, Kayswitch even when Don Jazzy did not really want to do so as he was skeptical of taking such risks. infact, most people didnt know that Dbanj's mother was the most important support the Mohit crew had when Dbanj and Don Jazzy came back to Nigeria - she gave her Maryland house for the entire Mohit crew to stay pending when they hit their success because against all odds and even Dbanj's father reluctance, she supported her son solidly in his quest for music success. Remember 'Why Me' Video? The Toyota Previa in that video was Dbanj's mum car which she gave them to convey themselves around when no one else was there to support them. She was therefore the biggest investor in Mohit empire when likes of Dbanj and Don Jazzy were penniless and were even ready to sell Mohit to Storm Records for N1 million because they desperately wanted to 'make' it. However, their story changed forever at the Ali Baba Show of 2007!

Dbanj's legendary status in the modern-music era of African music is beyond mere comprehension which was also sealed by MTV based award of Legendary status t him - When the likes of Tuface, Psquare, etc were still charging N50,000 to maximum of N200.000 per show, he increased the stake to N1 million or Nothing and steadily till he started charging N10 million and then music practitioners and artistes' eyes opened

He was the first artiste to get a multi-million Naira endoresoment - Powerfist in 2006 beating Femi Kuti to same endorsement as Femi was the original artistes in PZ's plan before going ahead to clinch Glo's 70 million Naira deal plus a Range Rover and other entitlements

His direct and indirect impact has affected the careers of artistes like Davido, Olamide, Wizkid, Wande Coal, Naeto C, M.I Ikechukwu even the legends like Tuface and Psquare. Go ask them, the mere mention of Dbanj to most of these superstars and they tell you how Dbanj has forever affected their lives and careers (except of course forever bitter minds among them)

Although, others see it as a failed project or misadventure, Dbanj's Good Music signing was infact the deal-breaker for new generation of music artistes - selling new new African music culture to the global market. When you hear some 'ignoramuses' referring to Dbanj as Kanye West houseboy, i just laugh. If only Don Jazzy could see the future...if only he could understand this bullish visionary called Dbanj, they would be conquering Africa and global market together - with Don Jazzy supplying the iconic African percussion sound and stagemaster Dbanj bringing his A-game Enigmatic prowess to the fore - with the two partners writing the names in gold forever in the history of Africa

A young African boy without any major label backing bold enough to cause disruption in the African music industry is now building his own fantastic music business structure post-Mohit to sell the addictive African sound to the global market. I am closely following on what this Dbanj will use the CREAM Platform to develop in the music world. Like he said, you never see him coming through

One word to sum Dbanj: He will never give up in his Quest to be the Coca-cola of music business and the ElChapo grandmaster of African sound movement.

NOTE: This guy i have never met has really been inspiring my quest for success as a business entrepreneur!

661 Likes 78 Shares

Re: Davido: "D'banj Gave Me A Rolex In 2014, But I Never Signed Anything" by jejemanito: 10:11pm On Sep 01, 2017
angry

16 Likes

Re: Davido: "D'banj Gave Me A Rolex In 2014, But I Never Signed Anything" by Nobody: 10:11pm On Sep 01, 2017
Ever since D'banj parted with Don Jazzy, truth be told - he's been struggling to stay afloat & relevant.

He should just retire & concentrate on pushing his koko garri.

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Davido: "D'banj Gave Me A Rolex In 2014, But I Never Signed Anything" by phameous: 10:12pm On Sep 01, 2017
opeyemiieblog:
useless comment...

See dem

3 Likes

Re: Davido: "D'banj Gave Me A Rolex In 2014, But I Never Signed Anything" by maxiuc(m): 10:12pm On Sep 01, 2017
Re: Davido: "D'banj Gave Me A Rolex In 2014, But I Never Signed Anything" by momodub: 10:12pm On Sep 01, 2017
grin don't even know what to type

1 Like

Re: Davido: "D'banj Gave Me A Rolex In 2014, But I Never Signed Anything" by adaksbullet: 10:12pm On Sep 01, 2017
I'm thanked bus d'bang on davide live that his maked her too be sombodys on these live smiley
Re: Davido: "D'banj Gave Me A Rolex In 2014, But I Never Signed Anything" by baike: 10:12pm On Sep 01, 2017
Davido give him small money that guy is broke guy now,,,,, no hit song again

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Davido: "D'banj Gave Me A Rolex In 2014, But I Never Signed Anything" by IamAirforce1: 10:12pm On Sep 01, 2017
cheesy cheesy
Re: Davido: "D'banj Gave Me A Rolex In 2014, But I Never Signed Anything" by Nobody: 10:13pm On Sep 01, 2017
opeyemiieblog:
useless comment...
Useless post angry

2 Likes

Re: Davido: "D'banj Gave Me A Rolex In 2014, But I Never Signed Anything" by Christane: 10:13pm On Sep 01, 2017
vry stupid trend ..how does it make front page??

2 Likes

Re: Davido: "D'banj Gave Me A Rolex In 2014, But I Never Signed Anything" by Nobody: 10:13pm On Sep 01, 2017
Small children everywhere
Shiioor!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Davido: "D'banj Gave Me A Rolex In 2014, But I Never Signed Anything" by dotcomnamename: 10:13pm On Sep 01, 2017
USELESS BLOGGERS undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Davido: "D'banj Gave Me A Rolex In 2014, But I Never Signed Anything" by free2ryhme: 10:15pm On Sep 01, 2017
attention seeking
Re: Davido: "D'banj Gave Me A Rolex In 2014, But I Never Signed Anything" by Zimri(m): 10:15pm On Sep 01, 2017
grin
Re: Davido: "D'banj Gave Me A Rolex In 2014, But I Never Signed Anything" by kenn4rill(m): 10:15pm On Sep 01, 2017
now dats called respect for acknowledging DAT.

1 Like

Re: Davido: "D'banj Gave Me A Rolex In 2014, But I Never Signed Anything" by PqsMike: 10:15pm On Sep 01, 2017
basilo4312:
The way i see it, it wasnt 2014, just a case of slip of tongue on part of Dbanj...guess maybe when Davido was 18 or 19.

Moreso, during the Mo-hit era, 'signing' any artiste was a case of oral agreement which was one of Dbanj's biggest career mistakes: he signed everyone in the Mohits - Dr Sid, Wande Coal, D' Prince, Kayswitch even when Don Jazzy did not really want to do so as he was skeptical of taking such risks.

Dbanj's legendary status in the modern-music era of African music is beyond mere comprehension which was also sealed by MTV based award of Legendary status t him - When the likes of Tuface, Psquare, etc were still charging N50,000 to maximum of N200.000 per show, he increased the staked to N1 million or Nothing and steadily till he started charging N10 million and then music practitioners and artistes' eyes opened

He was the first artiste to get a multi-million Naira endoresoment - Powerfist in 2006 beating Femi Kuti to same endoresoment as Femi was the original artistes in PZ's plan before going ahead to clinch Glo's 70 million Naira deal plus a Range Rover and other entitlement

He direct and indirect impacts has affected the careers of artistes like Davido, Olamide, Wizkid, Wande Coal, Naeto C, M.I Ikechukwu even the elegends like Tuface and Psquare. Go ask them, the mere mention of Dbanj to most of these superstars and they tell you how Dbanj has forever affected their lives and careers (except of course forever bitter minds among them)

I'm not hating bro ......but Idris Abdulkareem was the first artist to charge a million naira per show...

.....Just an addition

63 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Davido: "D'banj Gave Me A Rolex In 2014, But I Never Signed Anything" by Danny287(m): 10:15pm On Sep 01, 2017
Double wahala for D banj oya over to you
Re: Davido: "D'banj Gave Me A Rolex In 2014, But I Never Signed Anything" by Segadem(m): 10:17pm On Sep 01, 2017
grin the truth of the matter is someone is telling the the truth while other is lying

2 Likes

Re: Davido: "D'banj Gave Me A Rolex In 2014, But I Never Signed Anything" by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 10:18pm On Sep 01, 2017
basilo4312:
The way i see it, it wasnt 2014, just a case of slip of tongue on part of Dbanj...guess maybe it was when Davido was 18 or 19.

Moreso, during the Mo-hit era, 'signing' any artiste was a case of oral agreement which was one of Dbanj's biggest career mistakes: he signed everyone in the Mohits - Dr Sid, Wande Coal, D' Prince, Kayswitch even when Don Jazzy did not really want to do so as he was skeptical of taking such risks.

Dbanj's legendary status in the modern-music era of African music is beyond mere comprehension which was also sealed by MTV based award of Legendary status t him - When the likes of Tuface, Psquare, etc were still charging N50,000 to maximum of N200.000 per show, he increased the staked to N1 million or Nothing and steadily till he started charging N10 million and then music practitioners and artistes' eyes opened

He was the first artiste to get a multi-million Naira endoresoment - Powerfist in 2006 beating Femi Kuti to same endorsement as Femi was the original artistes in PZ's plan before going ahead to clinch Glo's 70 million Naira deal plus a Range Rover and other entitlements

His direct and indirect impacts has affected the careers of artistes like Davido, Olamide, Wizkid, Wande Coal, Naeto C, M.I Ikechukwu even the legends like Tuface and Psquare. Go ask them, the mere mention of Dbanj to most of these superstars and they tell you how Dbanj has forever affected their lives and careers (except of course forever bitter minds among them)

On point, accurate and succinct.
Are you involved in the music industry ?

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Davido: "D'banj Gave Me A Rolex In 2014, But I Never Signed Anything" by chidiebere2020(m): 10:21pm On Sep 01, 2017
basilo4312:

His direct and indirect impacts has affected the careers of artistes like Davido, Olamide, Wizkid, Wande Coal, Naeto C, M.I Ikechukwu even the legends like Tuface and Psquare. Go ask them, the mere mention of Dbanj to most of these superstars and they tell you how Dbanj has forever affected their lives and careers (except of course forever bitter minds among them)
Nice one, Psquare and others there first became fame b4 Dbanj

18 Likes

Re: Davido: "D'banj Gave Me A Rolex In 2014, But I Never Signed Anything" by Benekruku(m): 10:21pm On Sep 01, 2017
Chai!

See ridicule!

Dbanj don fall hin hand!

In the first place, what warranted the statement?

Even myself that helped Dangote with a loan when he started haulage never bragged on social media cheesy cheesy cheesy

14 Likes

Re: Davido: "D'banj Gave Me A Rolex In 2014, But I Never Signed Anything" by Nobody: 10:21pm On Sep 01, 2017
Zoharariel:
Ever since D'banj parted with Don Jazzy, truth be told - he's been struggling to stay afloat & relevant.

He should just retire & concentrate on pushing his koko garri.

LOL.. Look at this one.

We have seen this statement more than a thousand times. Una nr dey tire sef?

Good music is nt for every1

33 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Davido's Dad, Deji Adeleke, Records The Arrival Of Davido & Chioma's Twins / ‘Linda Ikeji Is A Dangerous Snake’, Omojuwa Goes On The Offensive On Twitter / Afia Schwarzenegger Blasts President Buhari: "Grab A Bible & Read Mathew 7:3-5"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.