Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,395 members, 7,850,409 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 08:41 PM

Latest Scammer Methods: Succeeds In 300, 000 Fraud (pics) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Latest Scammer Methods: Succeeds In 300, 000 Fraud (pics) (627 Views)

EFCC Arrests UNIPORT Undergraduate, Girlfriend And Mum Over Internet Fraud(pics) / Nitin Sandesara Absconds To Nigeria With Family After £500,000,000 Fraud / Benjamin Adefemi Ogunbodede Jailed For 40 Years For N177 Million Fraud (PICS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Latest Scammer Methods: Succeeds In 300, 000 Fraud (pics) by cantok(m): 10:05pm On Sep 01, 2017
You may turn in disgust when you read this story

I want to bring this story to your notice as an alert. Scammers have been committing crime of passion for a long time and this story is no exception!
A female struggling teacher got along with a male character on the internet. Through a Facebook group she met one Kelly David, (https://web.facebook.com/keldav.358) who claimed to be a white man. The discussions later went into the direction of marriage.

After some familiarization, David (+4420332293313) said he has decided to send her a laptop and a phone so that they can both chat conveniently and in real time on the Skype platform. The package was supposed to arrive via some British Airways Cargo.
In fact one week ago, he called her to say that the surprise package has arrived which also contains cash of up to 1 million Naira.

After that information, a certain official Mr. Jonathan (+234 08165849208) at the the Abuja airport called to tell her that the package will have to be home delivered and that she will need to pay some 98, 000. The so called Mr. Kelly David had earlier claimed that he had issues with UK immigration and that he will not want the package retraced back to him. In fact, he threatened this struggling teacher lady that she could be arrested if she attempted to go to collect the package herself.

Finally, She was told by the airport official, Mr. Jonathan@the Abuja airport that she needed to pay more 200,000 Naira in to the following account:
Bank: Access Bank Plc
Account Number: 0717695670
Account Name: Roland Uyi Felix

So total money paid was about 300, 000. She was told that this additional money was needed because customs had scanned the package and discovered it contained cash which is an illegal thing!

If you're following this post, you use ya head to do the math. Davids phone went off, Jonathan Phone went off everybody went off! The rest is history.

I may be able to fill in the gaps if I've missed anything out, because I know the story.

Re: Latest Scammer Methods: Succeeds In 300, 000 Fraud (pics) by ekensi01: 10:13pm On Sep 01, 2017
Why i no the get this type of fools to dupe?
How i go send person that type of money?
Even if you want sell US to me advance fee na 2k.
Re: Latest Scammer Methods: Succeeds In 300, 000 Fraud (pics) by cantok(m): 10:17pm On Sep 01, 2017
ekensi01:
Why i no the get this type of fools to dupe?

How i go send person that type of money?

Even if you want sell US to me advance fee na 2k.
As I dey hear the story, na so I dey mad for head
Re: Latest Scammer Methods: Succeeds In 300, 000 Fraud (pics) by Greenbullet(m): 1:22am On Sep 02, 2017
But this format don old na ?
Re: Latest Scammer Methods: Succeeds In 300, 000 Fraud (pics) by cantok(m): 1:47am On Sep 02, 2017
Greenbullet:
But this format don old na ?
A woman in need of companionship vs A pro who has cornered his prey
Re: Latest Scammer Methods: Succeeds In 300, 000 Fraud (pics) by Greenbullet(m): 2:07am On Sep 02, 2017
cantok:
A woman in need of companionship vs A pro who has cornered his prey
women are more susceptible to this type of scam though , their emotions is just the deciding factor if or not she gets conned.

(1) (Reply)

Dog And His Accomplices Arrested For Robbery In Lagos / VIDEO: Woman Caught After Stealing Car Keys And Mobile Phone From RCCG Church / 56 Year Old Hijab Wearing Mother of 4 Arrested For Drug Trafficking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.