Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,845 members, 7,820,938 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:11 AM

My Encounter With The Nigerian POLICE Force Today. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Encounter With The Nigerian POLICE Force Today. (721 Views)

My Experience With The Nigeria Police Force Today. / My Encounter With SARS Changed My Mentality - Fattkay / My Encounter With 'Dreaded' SARS Operatives In Lagos; Man Narrates His Ordeal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Encounter With The Nigerian POLICE Force Today. by durasome(m): 6:58am On Sep 02, 2017
Could it be that our POLICE force are equipped with cars, guns etc acquired with the tax prayers money to come and harasse and intimidate the ordinary Nigerian on the street? From my observations today,majority of our men in black especially those on patrol maps out what they are to get each day,and how do they actualize that, they come out in the morning go into Streets,joints and some other places and pick as many innocent youths as they can lay hands on then take them to where they would finally mount their road blocks waiting for the relatives of their victims to come and negotiate release price with them even as they go on extorting other road users. Well,today we happened to be victims as it was my community turn today, they came arrested innocent youths going about their normal lawful business and my brother was among as they bundled him and his friends into their car left them there in pursuit of more person, the managed to escape without their phones,now they have to go with just one person and as usual ,person wey POLICE carry him person you no go Sidon so that your person no go reach office because at office, no be change again oo the bailout fees will be much more than you would have paid them at the road side, so as the families involved went to settle for the release of the individual and the phones,the first person went his phone was given back to him after a little settlement the second person sent his elder brother and the detained him and collected his phone also now I was informed so I went and they said we just pay for the bullet they wasted and that each was #500 and that they shut about 20 but that we should pay ten k before the would release the second person who came to bail my brother phone we were negotiating on till we arrived at an agreement now after the payment and release of the individuals they were holding, one who collected my brother's phone denied he didn't collect any phone probably because he was in love with the phone and wanted to make it his,we told their oga this one collected my brother's and he was still not accepting,oboy their oga became very angry with him and said he was taking us back to where the arrest was made so the person he collected the phone from WIll personally identify him Na so we come back to the arrest place, my brother came out pointed him and shame could not allow the officer because by this time, the hunter is Now the hunted,as we where saying alot of embarrassing things to that particular officer and his leader also threatening to report him to their higher ones when they get back to the office. Na so the thief bring out the phone and was complaining to me that their oga when they seize people'phones ,only him will carry them to his house and for that,he decided to keep this one for himself Na so we collect our phone and left them there.
Re: My Encounter With The Nigerian POLICE Force Today. by smartty68(m): 7:04am On Sep 02, 2017
The useless force
Re: My Encounter With The Nigerian POLICE Force Today. by rxgodwin(m): 7:16am On Sep 02, 2017
omo!!! Nawa ooo...

Jus saying ur english can cause migraine

1 Like

Re: My Encounter With The Nigerian POLICE Force Today. by kaffy4tope(m): 7:18am On Sep 02, 2017
[quote author=durasome post=60051162]Could it be that our POLICE force are equipped with cars, guns etc acquired with the tax prayers money to come and harasse and intimidate the ordinary Nigerian on the street? From my observations today,majority of our men in black especially those on patrol maps out what they are to get each day,and how do they actualize that, they come out in the morning go into Streets,joints and some other places and pick as many innocent youths as they can lay hands on then take them to where they would finally mount their road blocks waiting for the relatives of their victims to come and negotiate release price with them even as they go on extorting other road users. Well,today we happened to be victims as it was my community turn today, they came arrested innocent youths going about their normal lawful business and my brother was among as they bundled him and his friends into their car left them there in pursuit of more person, the managed to escape without their phones,now they have to go with just one person and as usual ,person wey POLICE carry him person you no go Sidon so that your person no go reach office because at office, no be change again oo the bailout fees will be much more than you would have paid them at the road side, so as the families involved went to settle for the release of the individual and the phones,the first person went his phone was given back to him after a little settlement the second person sent his elder brother and the detained him and collected his phone also now I was informed so I went and they said we just pay for the bullet they wasted and that each was #500 and that they shut about 20 but that we should pay ten k before the would release the second person who came to bail my brother phone we were negotiating on till we arrived at an agreement now after the payment and release of the individuals they were holding, one who collected my brother's phone denied he didn't collect any phone probably because he was in love with the phone and wanted to make it his,we told their oga this one collected my brother's and he was still not accepting,oboy their oga became very angry with him and said he was taking us back to where the arrest was made so the person he collected the phone from WIll personally identify him Na so we come back to the arrest place, my brother came out pointed him and shame could not allow the officer because by this time, the hunter is Now the hunted,as we where saying alot of embarrassing things to that particular officer and his leader also threatening to report him to their higher ones when they get back to the office. Na so the thief bring out the phone and was complaining to me that their oga when they seize people'phones ,only him will carry them to his house and for that,he decided to keep this one for himself Na so we collect our phone and left them there.

Why are you so dull like this?

All these happened and you could not take a single pic or identify any of them with their names or Force no? Now that you are here ranting, wah should we do?
Re: My Encounter With The Nigerian POLICE Force Today. by Lovetinz(m): 7:18am On Sep 02, 2017
You forgot to mention the location of the police station and the officers involved.
You would make people more careful with that location by being specific.
Not all policemen are bad, unfortunately the bad ones continue to drag the force and the public down the drain.
Re: My Encounter With The Nigerian POLICE Force Today. by Fearlez: 10:04am On Sep 02, 2017
Lovetinz:
You forgot to mention the location of the police station and the officers involved.
You would make people more careful with that location by being specific.
Not all policemen are bad, unfortunately the bad ones continue to drag the force and the public down the drain.
The number of bad and corrupt policemen in Nigeria has rendered the police force institutionally corrupt.

It has gone way beyond "some officers are bad while some are good".
Re: My Encounter With The Nigerian POLICE Force Today. by durasome(m): 10:40am On Sep 02, 2017
[quote author=kaffy4tope post=60051549][/quote].it was a night encounter though

(1) (Reply)

Bribe Police Officers Allegedly Kill Man Trying To Raise Money For his mum buria / PHOTOS: Twin Sisters Attack Their Father, Pour Hot Boiling Water Over His Head / 15-year-old Pupil Raped Several Times By Teacher Gives Birth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.