Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,855 members, 7,956,229 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 08:10 AM

How I Drafted Killer Team That Devoured Cameroon's Lions - Gernot Rohr - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / How I Drafted Killer Team That Devoured Cameroon's Lions - Gernot Rohr (542 Views)

2024 Olympics: Photos Of The USA Table Tennis Team That Beat China / Taiwo Awoniyi Builds Modern Day Dressing Room For Local Team That Produced Him / Gernot Rohr: Victor Moses Is The Most Reliable Super Eagles Player (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How I Drafted Killer Team That Devoured Cameroon's Lions - Gernot Rohr by Nobody: 11:32am On Sep 02, 2017
Super Eagles Head coach, Gernot Rohr has revealed that the players attitude to work and team play, was what gave them an emphatic victory over the Indomitable Lions of Cameroon in Friday’s 2018 FIFA World Cup qualifiers.

Nigeria took all three points at stake in Uyo, yesterday after beating the defending Africa champions 4-0 to put one leg in Russia 2018.

In a post-match press conference, the German man said that his players exhibited maturity and intelligence in the game, describing Cameroon as a good team.

“It was not difficult to pick the first 11. All the players in camp are good enough to play. They showed extensive intelligence and played with maturity. We beat a very good team but we also showed what we are capable of doing,” Rohr said.

“Our goal was to play ground football and exploit Ighalo’s fitness and footwork. We also knew we had to defend with intelligence because Cameroon have big physical players. We worked on corner-kicks in training and actually scored one goal from a corner.”

The return leg will be played, Monday, in Yaounde.

http://dailyherald.ng/gernot-rohr-reveals-his-master-game-plan-that-led-to-cameroons-massacre/

Re: How I Drafted Killer Team That Devoured Cameroon's Lions - Gernot Rohr by Tolexander: 11:39am On Sep 02, 2017
Wondering why he didn't say this after the South African match.

Every success has a story at the end. While the end of failure is an excuse!

(1) (Reply)

Festus Ezeli Celebrates His 28th Birthday Today / Morata Dropped As Hazard,Willian And Pedro All Start For Chelsea Against Qarabag / Fifa World Cup 2018 Draw [full Group List]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.