Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,735 members, 7,824,084 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:20 PM

My Experience Using Rhassoul Clay To Wash My Natural Hair(pics) - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / My Experience Using Rhassoul Clay To Wash My Natural Hair(pics) (3346 Views)

How Do I Get My Natural Skin Colour Back? / Dark Skin African Kids With Natural Blonde Hair (pics) / Check Out My Natural Hair 2 Years After Being Mocked About My Hair (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience Using Rhassoul Clay To Wash My Natural Hair(pics) by Nobody: 2:55pm On Sep 02, 2017
So today, I decided to ditch my usual Cantu shampoo and try washing my hair instead with clay treatment.
Many natural hair enthusiasts claim that using regular shampoo on natural hair has detrimental effects because they contain sulphates and paraben which causes dry hair, frizz and ultimately breakage. So, a lot of methods of "safely" washing natural hair came up, which includes co-washing(Hell no!), using products specially crafted for the tender and fragile nature of natural hair( Which is by the way too expensive angry), clay treatments and others I don't even want to talk about. So, I decided to try out the clay method.
Okay so before this, I'd heard many wonderful testimonies from naturalistas on YouTube and natural hair forums, commending this treatment and recommending it to all natural hair enthusiasts. They claimed the benefits of this miracle product was limitless, they promised clean,softer, moisturized hair, less frizz, easy detangling and most interesting of all, they promised is that the natural curl pattern of any hair type will instantly pop. Hmmm! I was really impressed by the wide array of benefits it claimed to possess and since there were a lot of good reviews, I decided it was worth a try.
While a lot of people used Bentonite clay and apple cider vinegar for their clay treatment, I saw several reviews where some claimed Bentonite clay dried out their hair. This really alarmed and discouraged me as I have dry, low porosity hair and I didn't want anything that'd snatch away the little moisture I managed to retain sad
But then I found Rhassoul clay, which I learnt left the hair soft and hydrated and happysmiley I got my Rhassoul clay from Sheampo, and the price was way lower than what other online sellers and salons sell their clays( fun fact: she sells at wholesales prices).
Anyhoo, I had my clay, I had my ACV and so I was ready to go. I mixed in a cup of clay, half a cup of APple cider vinegar and half a cup of warm water to make a smooth paste. Some naturalistas use strictly ACV and no water but I diluted the ACV I used with water. I applied this paste generously to my hair, covered it for twenty minutes with a plastic cap, set the timer on my phone and crossed my fingers, hoping for amazing results.

The Result
I was very impressed with the state of my hair after I rinsed out when twenty minutes had elapsed . My hair felt thoroughly clean! At first, I was skeptical of how only clay was supposed to cleanse my hair of grease, build up and residue but then it happened!So happy!

My hair felt SOFT! I've often struggled with dry, breaking hair but my hair felt moisturized even without adding any product! I was so elated. I think I've finally found what my hair loves grin

My little curls were POPPIN'! I was really impressed. I didn't add any conditioner nor curl definer but my curls were already kickin'. I'd add pictures later to show ya what I mean. Mostly my back hair popped though because I have a looser curl pattern there.

After this clay rinse, I proceeded to deep condition my hair and do protein treatment. My hair has never been happier cry (tears of joy)

So will I keep doing this clay rinse? Hell yeah! I think I've found what works for my hair without having to break the bank!
Will I ever use regular shampoos again? Well probably, maybe every two months or something just to get rid of mineral build up that may occur from repeated clay rinse.

What are the cons of this method? Well it's definitely a very messy procedure, you might want to wear an old shirt you don't really like when doing this. So far, that's the only con I can see. smiley

Would I advise anyone to use this method? Hell yeah! If it could work for my thick, kinky, dense hair, it should work fine for anyone else too!

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Experience Using Rhassoul Clay To Wash My Natural Hair(pics) by Nobody: 3:02pm On Sep 02, 2017
After using Rhassoul, my little curls POPPED!! But it's still got frizz though but with frequent application of the clay, curl clumping will get better and frizz would reduce. Just a little glimpse of what they looked like

2nd picture, my hair stretched out grin
Cc gozzlin

1 Like

Re: My Experience Using Rhassoul Clay To Wash My Natural Hair(pics) by gozzlin: 12:18pm On Sep 03, 2017
Sounds good. Pictures please.
Re: My Experience Using Rhassoul Clay To Wash My Natural Hair(pics) by gozzlin: 10:21pm On Sep 03, 2017
Wow, absolutely splendid. Your hair looks really beautiful now. The curls are well defined and lovely. This clay sure works wonders. I know a lot of people I'll recommend it to. smiley
Re: My Experience Using Rhassoul Clay To Wash My Natural Hair(pics) by Nobody: 10:26pm On Sep 03, 2017
Thanks grin
Re: My Experience Using Rhassoul Clay To Wash My Natural Hair(pics) by Franky826: 10:02am On Sep 05, 2017
Try lemon juice next time.
Thank me later wink
Re: My Experience Using Rhassoul Clay To Wash My Natural Hair(pics) by Nobody: 10:03am On Sep 05, 2017
Lemon juice? embarassed why do I doubt that? What are the benefits though
Franky826:
Try lemon juice next time.

Thank me later wink
Re: My Experience Using Rhassoul Clay To Wash My Natural Hair(pics) by Franky826: 10:17am On Sep 05, 2017
LadyGoddiva:
Lemon juice? embarassed why do I doubt that? What are the benefits though

Google is always your best friend wink
Re: My Experience Using Rhassoul Clay To Wash My Natural Hair(pics) by Nobody: 10:21am On Sep 05, 2017
nope, not using lemons on my hair.
Franky826:

Google is always your best friend wink
Re: My Experience Using Rhassoul Clay To Wash My Natural Hair(pics) by Franky826: 10:26am On Sep 05, 2017
LadyGoddiva:
nope, not using lemons on my hair.
Okay. Your hair not mine wink

1 Like

Re: My Experience Using Rhassoul Clay To Wash My Natural Hair(pics) by MrCork: 12:40pm On Sep 05, 2017
LadyGoddiva:
So today, I decided to ditch my usual Cantu shampoo and try washing my hair instead with clay treatment.
Many natural hair enthusiasts claim that using regular shampoo on natural hair has detrimental effects because they contain sulphates and paraben which causes dry hair, frizz and ultimately breakage. So, a lot of methods of "safely" washing natural hair came up, which includes co-washing(Hell no!), using products specially crafted for the tender and fragile nature of natural hair( Which is by the way too expensive angry), clay treatments and others I don't even want to talk about. So, I decided to try out the clay method.
Okay so before this, I'd heard many wonderful testimonies from naturalistas on YouTube and natural hair forums, commending this treatment and recommending it to all natural hair enthusiasts. They claimed the benefits of this miracle product was limitless, they promised clean,softer, moisturized hair, less frizz, easy detangling and most interesting of all, they promised is that the natural curl pattern of any hair type will instantly pop. Hmmm! I was really impressed by the wide array of benefits it claimed to possess and since there were a lot of good reviews, I decided it was worth a try.
While a lot of people used Bentonite clay and apple cider vinegar for their clay treatment, I saw several reviews where some claimed Bentonite clay dried out their hair. This really alarmed and discouraged me as I have dry, low porosity hair and I didn't want anything that'd snatch away the little moisture I managed to retain sad
But then I found Rhassoul clay, which I learnt left the hair soft and hydrated and happysmiley I got my Rhassoul clay from Sheampo, and the price was way lower than what other online sellers and salons sell their clays( fun fact: she sells at wholesales prices).
Anyhoo, I had my clay, I had my ACV and so I was ready to go. I mixed in a cup of clay, half a cup of APple cider vinegar and half a cup of warm water to make a smooth paste. Some naturalistas use strictly ACV and no water but I diluted the ACV I used with water. I applied this paste generously to my hair, covered it for twenty minutes with a plastic cap, set the timer on my phone and crossed my fingers, hoping for amazing results.

The Result
I was very impressed with the state of my hair after I rinsed out when twenty minutes had elapsed . My hair felt thoroughly clean! At first, I was skeptical of how only clay was supposed to cleanse my hair of grease, build up and residue but then it happened!So happy!

My hair felt SOFT! I've often struggled with dry, breaking hair but my hair felt moisturized even without adding any product! I was so elated. I think I've finally found what my hair loves grin

My little curls were POPPIN'! I was really impressed. I didn't add any conditioner nor curl definer but my curls were already kickin'. I'd add pictures later to show ya what I mean. Mostly my back hair popped though because I have a looser curl pattern there.

After this clay rinse, I proceeded to deep condition my hair and do protein treatment. My hair has never been happier cry (tears of joy)

So will I keep doing this clay rinse? Hell yeah! I think I've found what works for my hair without having to break the bank!
Will I ever use regular shampoos again? Well probably, maybe every two months or something just to get rid of mineral build up that may occur from repeated clay rinse.

What are the cons of this method? Well it's definitely a very messy procedure, you might want to wear an old shirt you don't really like when doing this. So far, that's the only con I can see. smiley

Would I advise anyone to use this method? Hell yeah! If it could work for my thick, kinky, dense hair, it should work fine for anyone else too!

.... can't u jusss bleach if u want men to chase u?.....no man want woman who complain. U complain too much!! (No oofeense) angry

5 Likes

Re: My Experience Using Rhassoul Clay To Wash My Natural Hair(pics) by MrCork: 6:15pm On Sep 08, 2017
LadyGoddiva:
After using Rhassoul, my little curls POPPED!! But it's still got frizz though but with frequent application of the clay, curl clumping will get better and frizz would reduce. Just a little glimpse of what they looked like

2nd picture, my hair stretched out grin
Cc gozzlin

..EXPOSED..so u were fake hair..an then u act like u got class.....shame on u for disgrace yorr fellow Ghana womens!!!(((Sad)) undecided

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Lovely Handbags And Shoes Available Come In! / Fashion tips: What To Wear this 2015 (Photos) / Gorgeous Ankara Styles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.